The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Related to the "accident...""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-23-01, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Related to the "accident...""
Found this over at Zap2it.com. They buried it between crap speculation about Rodger hurting himself on a horse and mentioning the Michael's hands rumor...

At the time of the accident, hospital officials confirmed to Zap2it.com that a man from the set of "Survivor: The Australian Outback" was treated, released and flown back to participate in the show.

The guy's identity isn't obvious like they want to make it seem, but since they actually talked to hospital personel, and this came out before this episode aired so there are good odds this part's true. If so, we know about the injured person:

1. Male (not Alicia)
2. Not very injured - went back to the show - so the injury might not play a role in who gets booted.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Related to the "accident..." Kokoro 02-24-01 1
   RE: Related to the "accident..." jtmorgan61 02-24-01 2
       RE: Related to the "accident..." ACPS65 02-24-01 3
           RE: Related to the "accident..." missalex 02-25-01 4
               RE: Related to the "accident..." missalex 02-25-01 5
 Anyone consider... Elwood 02-25-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Related to the "accident...""
Found this one back a page and haven't seen anything about it recently....Is this just a blatant lie? Can anyone provide a link to the article?

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-01, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Related to the "accident...""
Went digging and found it...

http://tv.zap2it.com/shows/features/survivor/survivor02.html?14014

The link was taken down, according to survivor news, because "the author of this article asked that I remove the link because they're being inundated with emails." since zap2it is a commercial site, I would think being inundated with email was a GOOD thing.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-01, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Related to the "accident...""
I'm about 90% sure it's Rodger....I think the shot of him hugging Elisabeth was taken from stock footage or after her RETURNED from his injury....but like I said before, I might be really dropping the ball on this one. Hence the 10%.

Final Four: Alicia Calaway, Jeff Varner, Elisabeth Filarski,
Michael Skupin.

missalex 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-25-01, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missalex Click to send private message to missalex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Related to the "accident...""
I agree that it is Rodger that gets injured. Elisabeth appears to be crying or pretty sad in this picture, which is understandable because she's friends with Rodger:

And note that she is wearing a different top when Rodger "returns" in the picture below than in the one on the day of the injury.

However, that last theory is a bit misleading because in the picture of Elisabeth looking "shocked" and "oh-my-God what happened" (see below), she is wearing the tube top that she is shown with Rodger when he "returns."

So, it might not be Rodger...perhaps she sees the accident (looks shocked photo), runs back to Rodger saying that something happened (her & Rodger photo), and the next day (when she changes clothes), she explains to the camera that she's worried. (crying photo)

Just my thoughts...I doubt they are true.

missalex 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-25-01, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missalex Click to send private message to missalex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Related to the "accident...""
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-01 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

I know I'm probably just confusing people more...but I thought I'd tell you this...

Perhaps the order goes bottom-top-middle. She witnesses the injury (tube top), the next day she tells the camera about it (other top - new clothes), and then the day after that (tube top - she wears that again), Rodger returns and he's hugging her.

Elwood 93 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elwood Click to send private message to Elwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Anyone consider..."
..that the "injury" is NOT that serious. Possibly a non-poisonous snakebite or something like that. Something that COULD have been very bad, but wasn't?

All this talk of Rodger leaving (with the hugs of Liz and stuff). Maybe someone got bit, they didn't see what it was that bit him, called for help. A doctor is flown in and does some work, and it's nothing serious. But it did "hit hard" as it could have been.

Or it could have been (as someone on SS.com posted, I think) that with the last chicken, I guess the steps are something like this. You kill it, drain it, BOIL it, then pluck the feathers. What if Michael somehow burned his hands while boiling the chicken (or getting it out of the pot). That could help explain his bandaged hands (which, after re-reading that article, seems a bit iffy). And it hits hard because they don't have the medicinal tools to treat a semi-serious injury so they call for help.

Or the irony (which would be cool, but I doubt). Since Kimmi is gone, someone else needs to get the water and boil it. What if Alicia injurs herself filling in for Kimmi. Not that I think that's likely, but I like it the best. (dammit, Kimmi was on my final four in fantasy outback .

I just have a hard time believing that someone leaves the show because of an injury, and i think if someone was airlifted to a hospital, that might be considered leaving the competition. It seems like CBS is at least making us think there's a vote, and if Ogakor loses, and someone from Kucha has to leave. That's 9 at the merge, which just isn't right.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •