The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-07, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
Thanks Anywho at Sucks, who notes the source as TV Guide:

The castaways eat exotic Chinese food; one person finds a hidden immunity idol; and one player wants to go to tribal council, even though he believes he will be voted out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Tenorsaxy 10-10-07 1
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... tribephyl 10-10-07 2
   RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... xwraith27 10-11-07 5
   RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Bebo 10-11-07 6
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... michel 10-10-07 3
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... PepeLePew13 10-10-07 4
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Scarlett O Hara 10-11-07 7
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... michel 10-15-07 8
   RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Fire Fly 10-19-07 9
       RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Flowerpower 10-19-07 10
           RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... byoffer 10-19-07 11
               RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... whoami 10-19-07 12
                   RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... xwraith27 10-19-07 13
 RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Georgianna 10-20-07 14
   RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... KObrien_fan 10-20-07 15
   RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Flowerpower 10-20-07 16
       RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's ... Georgianna 10-25-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-10-07, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
Ooooo!! A gross food challenge!

I suppose the reference to love in the title implys that both lovebirds from episode 5's title survive ep. 5. Are they on the same team?...and that team wins because they can work together, maybe??

A quitter? Is JR ready to fold?

thanks Agman

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
The castaways eat exotic Chinese food;
Yeehaw! Gross food!
Isn't there some sort of live octopus entree that's hugely popular these days in China? That could be a fun one to watch.

one person finds a hidden immunity idol;

Could this be James? and if it is, does it have an effect on the coming tribal council?

and one player wants to go to tribal council, even though he believes he will be voted out.
Now, why would anyone knowingly want to put themselves in danger of being voted out?
I loathe quitters and I really hope someone doesn't go so far as to lose the immunity challenge to do so.
So...either this male is actually NOT on the losing tribe, or this male has the immunity idol and intends to play it at TC, or gawdforbid, they really do want to quit.
My hope is that they have a different trick up their sleeve. Or that all this talk about wanting to go to TC is just for dramatic purposes and they don't actually get a chance to go. Best laid plans and all.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-07, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-07 AT 02:05 AM (EST)

I'm also thinking that the person who wants to go to Council is the same person who finds the idol... but for some reason, I don't think either person is James.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
Now, why would anyone knowingly want to put themselves in danger of being voted out?

So that they can play the II and get rid of someone in the competing alliance instead?

Maybe it is James. He finds the II and plays it because he believes he's going to be voted out. Instead, he survives this week but ends up going soon anyway because he doesn't have the II to save himself when he really needs it.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
Thanks for bringing this FP.

If, after only three days, someone is already using the word "Love" in an exclamation, then we're not dealing with a showmance. I think that it reinforces the idea that our lovebirds are our Christians Erik and Jaime. They'd be less likely to lie about love, wouldn't they?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
I'm just bouncing ideas around but what if this were to happen:

This week, Sherea gets the Ashley treatment - go one-on-one against Dave and gets rewarded with the boot after a tribal switch brings in two new faces in his tribe - they think Dave is more valuable than Sherea. Dave continues to go crazy and alienates his new/old tribemates even more, to the point where he realizes he's completely and irreversibly pissed his tribe off for good - so he openly says he's better off ripping the bandaid off and get it over with by going right to TC and getting him voted out.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-11-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
The castaways eat exotic Chinese food;
Hmmmm, sounds like the Gross Food challenge to me.

One person finds a hidden immunity idol;
Please see the thread entitled something to the effect "Does James find the HII?" I'm betting its James. The kidnappee will give him the clue(s) and he's going to find the HII.

and one player wants to go to tribal council, even though he believes he will be voted out. Must be one of the lovers ... I'll guess Aaron as Leslie stated in a post-boot interview that Amanda + Aaron were the affectionate ones over in Camp FeiLong.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
>"one person finds a hidden immunity idol; and one player >wants to go to tribal council, even though he believes he will >be voted out."

The way it's written the person finding the idol is not the same as the one wanting to go to TC. From the Insider clips of episode #4, James is already ready to get out of there. He can't deal anymore with all the people who can't leave him alone and who thank him for his work rather than work themselves.

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-07, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
sooooo....the HII was not found by James (or anyone else)at FL prior to the switch. But it has been spoiled that James finds both HII, one at each camp. So if we are to believe this, how will it happen.....

my thoughts....next episode, FL wins the RC and kidnaps back their own James. James comes with a new HII clue and gives it to Todd. So now with all the clues in hand, Todd (with a crush on James????) passes them on to James. James now finds the HII at FL. On his return to the ZH camp, knowing where the FL HII was, he checks out the same place at ZH and lo and behold, there it is...same place. So now he has both HII.

10-19-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-07 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

Couldn't be in more agreement, Firefly. I specualated last week that if James were to find the HII it would have to be because he had been kidnapped. Clearly, this is what I think will happen as well. FeiLong will win the RC, gross food, and they will get to kidnap one, James. James will single out Todd to give the clue to and THEN Todd will in exchange share all of the clues with James. He will then find the HII at FeiLong and go back and find it JhanHu as well.....or will he give the one at FL to Todd and go back and get the one at JH...

*Editing this screwed up post.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
I doubt James finds the HII at FL this week. I am more inclined to think he gets the clue and then finds the one back at ZH. But then the merge happens and use FL as the merge camp, and James gets the other HII there when he returns.

I am still confused about which challenge the food one is. In the vid caps thread there is a pic with the food challenge and the Immunity Idol is in the corner of the picture.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-07, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-07 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-19-07 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

I am just confused??

Food is IC.
The other is RC.
Does Fei Long win RC & ZH win IC?
If James is kidnapped and gives the clue to Todd then FL wins RC.
If Sherea is the next to go then ZH wins IC also.

There must not be an F3 to vote on because Aaron would be the first jury member, if the jury is 9 people.
So are we back to an F2 or what?
Or is there an F2 with 9 voting?
There only 11 survivors left.
Or F3 with 8 or 7 voting?

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-07, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
According to both TDT and SSkills, it's gonna be a final 3 with a 7-person jury.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-20-07, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-07 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

The bold text is now neatly tucked into the 'Next Episode' teases at CBS ...

The castaways dine on unusual Chinese delicacies, ranging from a chicken heart to a “thousand-year-old egg.” A castaway discovers the Hidden Immunity Idol, but the secret is blown when an unwelcome tribe member sees it in their possession. And later, one castaway wants to go to Tribal Council, even though he knows he won’t have the votes to survive.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
And later, one castaway wants to go to Tribal Council, even though he knows he won’t have the votes to survive.

Tired of the game, hungry, out of allies- JR wants to go to TC, he figures "vote me out now since you all don't like me", they do go to TC but keep JR for the Fei Long merge advantage and boot Sherea instead.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

10-20-07, 02:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
Thanks Georgianna...but what does this mean...but the secret is blown when an unwelcome tribe member sees it in their possession.

Will Todd find it and then James will see it?? I would think that an unwelcome tribe member would be James at JH, or Sherea or Frosti at FL...or one of the kidnappees? James going to FL, but would James be considered an "unwanted tribe member"? I don't think so?

Could this be JR sees that Todd and Company have it? Then he wants to go to TC to get voted out, but one of the nuFL's is instead?

This is a puzzler!

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-07, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor: China Ep 6, "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong""
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-07 AT 07:50 AM (EST)

Ladies,

First, Jean-Robert …

You may well be right, KO. Certainly Jean-Robert was, at this point in the Game, an extremely frustrated Virgo (Signs of Survival: China/Earth/Virgo/Jean-Robert). It is an understatement to say that watching a meticulously crafted plan go skipping away over the fading horizon of fruition would drive any Virgo native … nuts. And, if his is a Virgo Sun/Taurus Moon personality, Jean-Robert’s social isolation – and hunger – weren’t helping matters any. As I said in my comments about Denise in the same post, Taurus are vulnerable to homesickness. The sense of belonging afforded by ‘family’ and the creature comforts of ‘home’ are acutely important to the Taurus-influenced. Whoever, whatever and wherever ‘family’ and ‘home’ may be:

One – exaggerated, but fun – way to ‘see’ Jean-Robert (as a Virgo/Taurus) is to imagine Judd-Janu, Chicken-Billy or James-Ashlee.

And, although it is counterintuitive for these doubly ‘determined’, ‘practical’ and ‘materialistic’ personalities to fold their tents – Sun Tzu on the Art of War – or cards – Hoyle on the Rules of Games – and walk away from a project or commitment, given little prospect of an appreciable increase in his winnings and every prospect of an appreciable increase in his misery an always logical Earth native who does, after all, ‘tend toward caution and conservatism in desire and approach and appreciates a good meal, congenial company and fine wine better than anyone else’ might do just that.

But, it is also possible that Jean-Robert’s is an Aries Moon. And before the Season began – based on his pre-Game interview at CBS, his professional reputation for rapid play and very aggressive ‘table manners’, his irrepressible arrogance and Jeff’s comments regarding a Bellande plan designed to place and keep him at center stage – I thought that of the two Sun/Moon combinations this second one was more likely the poker player’s. I still do.

Of course, then you have to picture Coby-Cao Boi.

And the Aries-influenced are irredeemable optimists who thrive on change and conflict and are only bored in their absence. Too …

According to several of his online biographers, Mr. Bellande has had some success playing poker. However, his more impressive earnings from the sport are yesterday’s news and he is currently without sponsorship. Moreover, his day-job well of event-management contracts has dried up and his nightclub has closed its doors. So, by the time that he abandoned the World Series of Poker (after competing in several preliminary rounds) and headed for the bright lights of China, ‘quitter’ was an image that Jean-Robert could ill afford to etch in the minds of prospective backers, clients and opponents. And I seriously doubt that when he went to Loser Lodge (and he probably had a plan for working that table, too) it was after a public surrender.

Because, whether the former pool hustler came to the Game determined to win a million or no, he almost certainly came to it determined to woo one. Or several.

Which leaves James. With all of the clues. And I wish I knew what they all mean, FP.

But …

I don’t think that Todd gave James an HII. I do think that, acting in order to get the next clue from James (if the exchange took place at Fei Long) or to keep it from the other Zhan Hu (if the exchange took place in that camp) and on the erroneous assumption that James wouldn’t be able to resolve the riddles before he could , Todd did give his former tribe mate the clues to its location.

And I think that that assumption may have given rise to Episode Seven’s title …

So, having found the Idol at Zhan Hu, I think that it was James who, in a confessional, indicated his eagerness to go to Tribal Council where he didn’t have the votes to survive and fully expected to be voted out.

Eager, that is, until his unwelcome (but as to precisely what scene, I haven’t a clue) tribe member and rival tribe mate, Peih-Gee, pointed out the obvious advantages of sharing a HII saved via an Immunity Challenge … win. But how, or if, she and James managed that without spreading the wealth to Jaime and Eric should be very entertaining to watch. And (given that we’ve been told that the location of the HII didn’t remain a secret for long) if Fei Long is the merge campsite, the footrace to the beach should be … hilarious.

Note: Of course, the spoilers that have James finding one, or both, of the Hidden Immunity Idols could be hilariously … wrong.

PS: And, courtesy of Byoffer, I don’t think that (in the vidcaps of the three) Todd, Amanda and Frosti were looking for the HII at Fei Long at all. I think that they were simply doing the obvious: harvesting the roof of the shrine for another use.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •