The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"'Queer Eye' Pete Best"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-07-03, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"'Queer Eye' Pete Best"
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=133112

'Queer Eye' Taken to Court
Sep 5, 12:11 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - More proof that "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is a pop-culture phenomenon: The show is now the target of a lawsuit.

Blair Boone, who appeared in two early episodes of the Bravo series, is suing the show's producers.

The suit essentially claims that Boone has been made the Pete Best of the show's "Fab Five," the group of gay men who use their expertise in fashion, design, food, grooming and culture to give a straight man a makeover.

Boone is asking for $105,000, which is what he says he would have earned during a "full production year" of "Queer Eye." He earned $6,000 for his two episodes. Had he stayed on the show, he could also have shared in a lucrative book deal the Fab Five recently signed.

"When I see the million-dollar book deal, I have to clench my teeth," Boone tells the New York Post. "That's what I expected to see and be a part of."

Boone was replaced by Jai Rodriguez as the show's culture expert. Boone appeared in two of the first three episodes that aired and was billed as a "guest culture expert" in the end credits.

Pete Best was the drummer for the Beatles prior to Ringo Starr. I'm sure someone can think of a gay-oriented joke on the name Pete Best, but let's not have a contest about it.

SMILES ARE FREE

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 'Queer Eye' Pete Best SurvivorBlows 09-07-03 1
   RE: 'Queer Eye' Pete Best dabo 09-08-03 2
       Uhh... AyaK 09-08-03 3
           RE: Uhh... ginger 09-08-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 'Queer Eye' Pete Best"
That's kinda wierd... Ayak reported on this back on 9/3/03... and put the same Peter Best spin on it too:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1667

...humm, maybe E! is lurking

-SB

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 'Queer Eye' Pete Best"
LOL, maybe they are lurking! (and Ouch, I even checked the Reality news page before posting, http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/, but I missed AK's report somehow.)

Given the Fab5 angle and that the Beatles were the Fab 4, I suppose the Pete Best connection is a natural.

(Note: Pete Best was fired as the Beatles' drummer because the recording company wanted to replace him with a studio drummer. The Beatles hired Ringo Starr but failed to inform the recording studio, so Andy White (studio drummer) played drums on their first #1 hit. Ringo played tamborine on "Love Me Do.")

SMILES ARE FREE

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Uhh..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-03 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Not true about Pete Best, according to George Martin (the Beatles' producer).

It was very common in that day for bands to use studio musicians for both bass and drums until the producers felt comfortable with them. With "Love Me Do," the original take (on the Beatles' "Anthology Vol. 1") was recorded during their audition, with Paul on bass and Pete Best on drums. George Martin told Brian Epstein, in the same phone call that he offered the Beatles a contract with Parlophone, that he didn't like the Beatles' drum sound and would have a session drummer on hand when they re-recorded the song for release as a single. This wasn't a big deal at the time (for example, on "Mr. Tambourine Man," the only member of the Byrds playing on the track is Roger McGuinn -- at least David Crosby and Gene Clark sang backing vocals, but Chris Hillman and Michael Clarke didn't do anything but watch).

The Beatles had wanted to fire Pete Best and used George Martin's drum comments as a pretext. That's all. <The entire incident is thoroughly discussed in Hunter Davies' The Beatles, which is the definitive source work for early Beatles history.>

When the Beatles showed up at the session, George Martin allowed Ringo to set up and recorded a first take with Ringo playing drums. They took a break, and the Beatles came back to cut "P.S. I Love You" ... to find Andy White set up as the drummer. Ringo was given the maracas to play. Then George Martin said he wanted to do a new take of "Love Me Do," with Andy on drums and Ringo on tambourine.

The LP version of "Love Me Do" was the take with Andy White on drums ... but the 45 version was the take with Ringo on drums. Currently, the Ringo version appears on "Past Masters Vol. 1" (the singles compilation) and "1" (the greatest hits), and the Andy White version is on "Please Please Me" (the first album). Because of the three available versions, this is the one track on which you can compare Pete Best to Ringo to a "pro."

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Uhh..."
I thought the guy they replaced was a ringer for Pedro's husband from RW SF.

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •