The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-31-07, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-07 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

Jeff Probst was quoted, "And one of the most controversial decisions ever made by a survivor, will have America talking!". He first made this statement when he introduced us to Survivor: Fiji, right after the Reunion Show for Survivor: Cook Islands.

Later, in a quote from an interview by RealityTVMagazine, he said, "One of the biggest decisions that’s ever had to be made on our show gets made late into the season – and it’s controversial,” he said. “And it will definitely have ‘Survivor’ fans on one side of the fence or the other. There will be no neutral on it. You will think this decision was the right one or the wrong one.”

From Volcanic Glass at Survivor Phoenix:
*a controversy that happens late in the game impacts the final outcome.

So for sure we know that it is a Survivor that makes this controversial decision that according to S.Phoenix, impacts the final outcome.

Here is our thread to speculate as to this controversial decision, how it arises, who makes it, and what repurcussions does it have?

Possible scenarios:

1. Perhaps someone will pull a major betrayel that has a huge impact on an alliance(but didn't that happen last season?)
2. Perhaps 2 idols are played at one tribal council leading to a very unexpected boot of perhaps a favored player?
3. The decision is made in response to a twist in the game, re. the game, regarding a reward or something, entails one survivor put in a place of having to choose a various path or scenario, that leads to a boot of a favored player or such?
4. An amoral character pushes the limits of fair play somehow that leads to an unfair advantage that is played out...definately could see the amoral Edgardo involved in this???

All speculation at this point. To me it sounds as if this decision will occur late toward the end of the game(if the spoiler info that it impacts the final outcome is true)?

...speculate away!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Das Mole 01-31-07 1
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... michel 01-31-07 2
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Georgianna 01-31-07 3
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Scarlett O Hara 01-31-07 4
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Georgianna 01-31-07 5
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Loree 02-01-07 6
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Brownroach 02-01-07 7
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Loree 02-01-07 8
           RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Brownroach 02-02-07 14
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... vince3 02-01-07 9
           RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... emydi 02-02-07 13
               RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-02-07 15
                   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... emydi 02-02-07 16
                       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-02-07 18
                           RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... emydi 02-02-07 19
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... PepeLePew13 02-02-07 10
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... tribephyl 02-02-07 22
           RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-03-07 23
               RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... PepeLePew13 02-03-07 25
                   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... RudyRules 02-04-07 31
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-02-07 11
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Scarlett O Hara 02-02-07 12
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... emydi 02-02-07 17
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Scarlett O Hara 02-02-07 20
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Brownroach 02-02-07 21
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... KObrien_fan 02-03-07 26
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... emydi 02-05-07 32
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-03-07 24
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... vince3 02-03-07 27
       RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-03-07 28
           RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... michel 02-03-07 29
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Brownroach 02-05-07 33
 RE: Most Cynical Poster Ever! Snidget 02-03-07 30
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... kingfish 02-07-07 34
 RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... Flowerpower 02-07-07 35
   RE: Most Controversial Decision Eve... knuckles487 02-08-07 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-31-07, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-07 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

There's one major quote that affects what this could possibly be:

"One of the biggest decisions that’s ever had to be made on our show gets made late into the season – and it’s controversial,” he said.

Since it "had" to be made, I think it definitely has to do with some sort of twist. No decision this big (or as big as they're making it out to be) has had to be made in past seasons, so it's something new to us.

Also, the way it's worded when they say it "gets made late in the season" makes me think that it was a long-running thing...like the person who had to make the decision had a long time to think about it, and finally used their power closer to the end of the game. Perhaps some HII-type of thing, only bigger.

And the fact that they say "it will have America talking"...it sounds like a way of hyping up nothing at first, but this also makes me think that it has to be something that doesn't just have to do with the show itself, but relates to something bigger - much like the "controversial" racial tribe divisions last season that "America was talking about".

There's no way to narrow it down to the exact thing now, but it should be interesting to see what other information gets released on this throughout the season.

ETF poor spleling

DAS.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-07, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-07 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

I think it will have to do with the HII. This time, you have to use it after the votes are written but before they are read. I see 2 situations that would lead to controversy:

-A player thinks he is safe and keeps the idol for later but is voted out, leaving the game with the idol in pocket.

-A player gives the idol to another who saves himself. It would be even more controversial if the giver gets booted, either immediately or soon after.

But at this point it could simply be: A player finally takes the idol out of his pocket to boot someone with it.

Regarding Edgardo: He sleeps with the leader of the other alliance just to prove that person isn't worthy of leading

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-31-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
I've been intrigued by the odd choice of word that the host used to describe this Season's cast: "dirty".

So I'll venture that, in the wake of another player's gross misconduct (cheating, theft, physical attack, verbal assault, etc), the wronged contestant had to choose the miscreant's fate from a short list (a. go/b. stay) furnished by the show's producers.

And 'Jeff Probst as Pontius Pilatus' would be type-casting at its pinnacle ...

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-07, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Hi Georgianna! Could you give us a link to Jiffy describing the cast as "dirty." I'd love to read it in context! Thanks, Sugar!

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-31-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
At TDT:

" Jeff Probst: 'I can say this group is one of the most real groups we've had. The fact that a lot of them are from California will not feel that way. This is one of the most real, dirty groups we've had.'" Emphasis Added

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
I think this might have something to do with the Car prize. I read this:

Fans can look forward to the ‘Car Curse’ returning as well since Ford has replaced GM as a sponsor of the series. According to Probst, the competition for the car this season has more of an impact on the game than any other car challenge on ‘Survivor’.

I read this in this interview: http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/S/Survivor13/2007/02/01/3499027-ca.html

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-07 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

That seems to add up. The "controversy" is supposed to affect the endgame. This says the car challenge has a bigger impact on the game. The car challenge is always near the end.

ETA: This interesting, from Probst's comments on the players:

Michelle Yi

Responsible for something that hasn’t happened since Africa in terms of a moment out on the beach.

Huge impact on her tribe

The only thing I can think of in Africa is when Kel went off for a walk and Jerri et al were lounging at the camp near the river and they went through Kel's belongings looking for beef jerky. Does something like that happen again? Looking through someone's bags for the idol maybe?

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
But Kel and Jerri were on the Outback season, not the Africa series.

02-02-07, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 10:58 AM (EST)

Oh duh, my brain is rotting. I must've gotten the "A" continents mixed up -- Africa, Australia, Asia, what's the difference?

I didn't watch the Africa season so I'd have no idea what this is then.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
In Africa, did someone get fire on Day 1, without flint?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

I think this is it vince...she is able to make fire without flint---that is definitely important and maybe when they get split up and she is in on Ravu the Have Nots...this will ingratiate herself to Earl the behind the scenes leader (like Chris)(whereas Anthony is the Sarge type leader). I read on Sucks, I think, that the two of them have rendevouses (what is the plural of that or is that the plural?) on the beach at 3 am so no one knows they are aligned.

This may also be the reason Michelle lasts until mid jury and all the other Ravu women go by the wayside Jessica Erica Sylvia and Rita...

02-02-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Hiya emy!

I read on Sucks, I think, that the two of them have rendevouses (what is the plural of that or is that the plural?) on the beach at 3 am so no one knows they are aligned.

Anyway could you provide a link to the above quote? I find that very interesting and wanted to investigate it...wonder who it comes from? Have not seen anything like it in TDT's or Survivor Phoenix's sites...Thanks!

fp

02-02-07, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
micknrc on page 1 of the Michelle thread in Sucks

http://p085.ezboard.com/Michelle/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=19377.topic

I think Sfever and TDT cite micknrc as source of spoilers this time

02-02-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Interesting, emy! Thanks for finding it! Very interesting indeed, and TDT is siting him/her/micknrc on his site! A very hidden alliance is intruiging indeed! I really like the looks of Earl pre-game! The more I hear bits and pieces about him, the more I'm leaning toward him being a very late game contender....

02-02-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
From what I've been reading, I think he and Dre are in F3 with either Edgardo, Lili, Cassandra or Yau Man as the 3rd person

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-07, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 04:43 AM (EST)

>Michelle Yi
>
>Responsible for something that hasn’t
>happened since Africa in terms of
>a moment out on the beach.

Not only as Loree said about Kel being in Australia and not in Africa... but what about something like Clarence deciding to eat a can of beans on his own? Someone stealing food from the others and this has the effect of breaking up a tight alliance (bigger impact on the game).

>The only thing I can think
>of in Africa is when
>Kel went off for a
>walk and Jerri et al
>were lounging at the camp
>near the river and they
>went through Kel's belongings looking
>for beef jerky. Does
>something like that happen again?
> Looking through someone's bags
>for the idol maybe?

Would something like this be labeled as a "most controversial decision, though?

Keep in mind that Jeff is paid to blow smoke out of his ass so quite often his comments turn out to be nothing, just a product of hype.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-07, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
The biggest thing, I remember, from Africa was Lex's witch-hunt.
And not necessarily Lex's witch-hunt specifically but what happened because of it.

It started with the merge, where 2 people voted for Lex. While everyone else targetted Clarence.
Lex's votes were from Clarence and Teresa. Clarence was a goner but Teresa's vote went un-announced. Sending Lex on his famous witch-hunt.

Lex, of course, was completely wrong in his assumptions of who voted for him and targetted one of his own, Kelly G..
Accusing her of doing so and threatening her if she left the original Boarn members.

So Kelly G. made inroads with the remaining Samburu to oust Lex next. All looked good for a Lex boot.

However, a "secret" conversation was happening between Lex and Brandon, where he was persuading Brandon into switching with the remaining Boran and voting out the witch.

Come TC time and 2 people decide to switch alligences. The swing vote is met with the counter-swing vote and Kelly G. is voted out. (Granted this didn't have any lasting effects on Brandon's longevity and will still go down in history as one of the stupidest survivor descisions ever made. On his part. Of course Lex came out smelling sweet.)

The idea that a lessor alliance member makes an in-road with a the greater alliance in hopes of taking control of the game, yet is met at tribal council with a different member of the greater alliance deciding they don't like that idea and switching over to the lesser alliance at the last moment.

The controversy being that, "How could Soandso... do that to her fellow tribemates?" They were winning and because of her emotional state/lack of foresight/prejudices/etc. made a game changing decision that was the cause of none of her tribemates sitting in any of the final 3 seats.

Plausible?

02-03-07, 08:41 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Wow, Tribe, it certainly is plausible, especially if they make it to the merge. This scenario makes me want to run out and rent Survivor: Africa ASAP! Sorry I missed it all play out. If it is something like this, Michele is certainly a PLAYER!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
You'll need some strong alcohol to make it through Survivor Africa in one week or so. There were some good strategic moments from Lex and there was Joanna's Mother Africa spiel, but the rest of the season was a real snoozer.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-07, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
"Don't you worry about no crocs, Old Big Tom's got stinky socks!"

That was probably the highlight.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy BoeschRudy's Place

02-02-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 08:38 AM (EST)

Great article Lorree, thanks for bringing it over! So, a few things to note. Could the car challenge be related then to the controversial decision that "had" to be made and impacts the final outcome of the game? I am leaning toward this decision as being a result of a twist of the game, and these newer comments, I'd say, are congruent with what we have to date on this controversy.

Michelle Yi, the giggly school child turns out to be a player! I'd say that is a tip she could last longer than early game. What could she be responsible for that occurs on the beach and hasn't been seen since Africa, unfortunately I missed that season, but I'm sure that there are somne here who could help out with this one!

Also, why did Jiffy just comment on these select few? Is it because they are colorful characters, or that they do something notable in the game? Clearly the comments on the daws here from Jiffy are pre-game. These new comments on the daws are clearly post game, imo. I am listing them here so they can be commented upon:

Some Probst Player Insights

Boo Bernis

Very athletic but the most injury prone ‘Survivor’ ever.

He suffers three injuries in one hour.

Probst views him as a “bumbling contradiction” in that he is so athletic.

Carried himself with a great deal of respect for others.

Erica Durousseau

A sleeper player who is a quiet force.

She is not easily swayed and early on goes against her own tribe on an important issue.

Jessica Deben

The girl next door.

Probst was pulling for her to win because of all the family tragedy she has suffered.

She wore her dad’s denim shirt in memory of him.

Michelle Yi

Responsible for something that hasn’t happened since Africa in terms of a moment out on the beach.

Huge impact on her tribe

She is feisty and a little deceptive.

She is more of a player than people realize.

Rita Verreos

Prides herself on being a single mom and wears that like badge of honour.

Very aware of her looks and no problem using them to her advantage.

Viewed as the “mom” of the tribe.

James “Rocky” Reid

He looks like Sylvester Stallone’s clone. He walks like him and talks like him.

He is colourful, funny and sometimes very irritating.

Yau-Man Chan

Originally from Borneo, the site of the first ‘Survivor’.

Excellent natural survival skills.

Probst thinks fans will just adore him.

Dre “Dreamz” Herd

Formerly a homeless street performer who lived out of dumpsters.

Survived and made something of himself.

A total underdog and his biggest challenge is adapting to Survivor's social game.

Interesting group of daws. I wonder why these select few were commented upon? Was it because they were colorful characters or that they did something notable in the game? Rita, Jessica, and Erica are speculated to go early game, while Michelle is speculated to make jury, and Yau-man and Dre are speculated to be late gamers? Could our winner be in this bunch?

Regarding Dre: It almost sounds to me that he will indeed stumble with the social aspect of the game, as if he will fall short because he is deficient at the social part?

02-02-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

Controversial decision: Could there be some sort of "tie" for the car? Whatever Probst and company do to determine the winner would mean the winner gets the car, but the loser goes on to win the game? And the way they break the tie will be considered "controversial" by the viewers?

Michele on the beach -- I don't think this has anything to do with the "controversial" decision, but rather, it is something entirely different. Could she have a close encounter with a deadly sea snake? In the Africa season, at the beginning of the show, they warned the survivors about the "most deadliest animals" that they should stay away from and the Water Buffalo was one as they were prone to attack. I also remember Frank and someone else (Ethan?) came face to face with a water buffalo, and they had to be very careful as to how they backed away from it. So, my guess would be that Michele's hype is more along the lines of a Survivor's life is threatened by the wildlife.

02-02-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-02-07 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

After reading through Jiffy's media conference, I don't think the controversial decision has anything to do with the car challenge. I think this time, Ford is the new sponsor and gets "more bang for their buck" because whomever wins the challenge gives the other 4 or 5 DAWs the car instead of what Cindy did and kept it for herself. So Ford gets to have 4 or 5 people going ga ga over their cars.

I never would have hesitated in giving the cars to Steph Danni Lydia and Rafe. I know that that would make me vulnerable bc I'd be more likely to get a jury vote or two bc of it, but not doing it got Cindy booted that day and a car to me is not that big of a thing, I'd rather give 4 others one instead of keeping one just for me, but hey that's just me, and that is one reason why (I didn't really like her to begin with) that I really did not like Cindy and her game.

Could this giving person possibly win the game (Dre or Earl?) and sort of break the car curse? One of the DAWs that would be given a car would have a 4/5 shot or 5/6 shot of winning but not really break the curse ala Lamber.

I think the controversial decision has definitely got to do with Dre. Jiffy was talking about Dre when he mentioned it and how it will be an ethical decision...you'll either hate or love the decision made. He was talking about Dre's naivete and how he has not learned how to lie, cheat etc. (like Edgardo has--this is my commentary not Jiffy's).

My gut tells me this decision is Dre's to make. Does it boot him from the game or loses jury votes bc of it? I don't know..all I know this def. confirms Dre lasts til very late in the game

Dre now has a newborn baby The article was dated 1/16/07 and it says Luca is 1 month old so would have been born in mid December about a week after filming ended.

Sucks posters are postulating that he decides to stay in the game...remember Gervase had a baby during the shooting of Borneo and he stayed but then was voted out at F6 anyway...so not first time this has happened. He could be told about it and decide to stay and if Dre makes F3 he could lose the game (by losing maybe even just one vote) bc of his decision to stay

Jiffy also said on TV Guide special:

I think his biggest challenge on the show is going to be his social adaptability. It's not something he's used to. Hang around 20 people and having to fit in and compromise and say the right thing is not something he grew up with. He's used to doing whatever he needs to do to take care of himself and his family right now. You will see that dilemma play out for him this season. That dilemma right there of how do I adapt to other people and try to get along when my instinct says 'do what's best for you right now cause that's how you grew up.”

Definitely Dre makes the decision. Does he make the decision to help better provide for his family by staying instead of leaving to go home for birth of Luca?

02-02-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Does he make the decision to better provide for his family?

That's a "No Brainer" emy ... of course he does!! Heck, just last week we saw a guy do just the same thing on American Idol -- wife's at home giving birth, and he's trying out for Idol.

This, IMHO, is not controversial at all, Sugar....

02-02-07, 04:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Controversial might not be exactly the right word, but this would certainly be a weighty decision. And it is the type of decision where audience members would have an opinion on whether or not he did the "correct" thing.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
On my way back from Orlando and have been out of the loop, just playing catch up. It struck me when reading Jeff's interview, that the controversial moment must be linked to the return of the car curse. It happens late in the game and has an effect on the final outcome, so what I am guessing is that Jeff plays lets make a deal with the winner of the car.

Behind door A: keep the car but as you know the car curse means you won't win the game of survivor, so in order to keep the car you need to decide to quit the game.

Behind door B: give a car to a tribe mate, stay in the game and have a shot at the million dollars. Oh, and by the way, the tribemate you give the car to is voted out of the tribe and everyone else is safe.

That would certainly be a very controversial decision to have to make, and it would have a huge impact on the game if the person took out the most likely candidate for the win. It could also bight them in the arse if the deciding vote on the jury is the person that got screwed by the car curse decision.

02-05-07, 11:39 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
But is that an "ethical" question? I don't think so...from my reading I think there is something different this time about the car challenge but it is not the "controversial decision"

Also I don't think the producers will bribe someone to quit...they hate quitters and they had Melissa quit before the start and then one other. I was thinking that maybe Dre IS the one to quit at F3 and it turns it back into a F2 (with Earl getting the benefit of it) but that would only be if he found out his wife was not doing well...etc. Every time Jiffy brings up this decision it's when he's talking about Dre so I think he is definitely involved.

02-03-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
The latest spoilers from Survivor Phoenix. Quite impressive!

Note what she says regarding the controversial decision:

As for the much-talked controversial decision, Probst hints that it involves ethics and the value of one's word. In other words, people will be bringing up Twila once more.

She notes this about Yau-man and then Michelle:

The CBS promos claim that Yau-Man has an impact on his tribe. From what we have been told, it is Yau-Man who teaches his tribemates to open coconuts without wasting all the milk, and it is Yau-Man who tells them how to make fire. We were told that players took turns trying to make fire, based on Yau-Man's suggestion. In the end, it was Michelle who was successful.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
*looks at post #9*

*looks at above spoiler*

*takes bow*

02-03-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
*looks at post #9*
*looks at above spoiler*

*takes bow*

A hearty WELL DONE to you, my friend!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-07, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"

Well done, Vince.

02-05-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
In other words, people will be bringing up Twila once more.

Twila swore on her son's life that she would be true to the women's alliance, or something like that, right? (I seem to have blocked out most of that season from my memory.)

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Most Cynical Poster Ever!"
{/cynacism} Well,...

Darn {/cynical world view}

Anyway as I was saying..

Gosh DARN IT! {/cynic}

Did that work?

Um, no.

Oh well the cynical isn't going to turn off for this one.

I do want to hope and yearn that something truely astonding will happen and I will be aghast and all of America will be talking.

My cynic keeps say, yeah right, how about all the other MOST _____________ EVER!!! That will absolutely, we really mean it this time, have America talking!!! have I lived through that didn't pan out.

Just hoping that we will actually know WTF they are hyping when it actually happens.

Usually what we imagine it could be is sooooooo much better than what acutally does.

It's a tribe creation!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-07, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Just a SWAG, but since the decision HAD to be made, possibly a challenge apparatus broke or something unexpected happened such that JP had to declare a winner or a disqualification that wasn't provided for the original rule set.

I don't know if this (a challenge broke down or somehow didn't go as planned) has happened before, but if it has it was re-rigged and rerun without being televised because it hasn't been shown before. And one would think that it has to happen sometime.

Or, maybe someone participated in the nude and rubbed his bits on another contestant who then when ballistic. Maybe now they have a dicque rule.

Not a useful speculation, maybe, but maybe I'll get some DAW-dom points.

02-07-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
Thanks, Webby, for posting this article.

Probst also offered a cryptic comment about a late-game Survivor: Fiji "big moment" that he described as encapsulating what the entire series is all about.

"There is one thing that happens late in the game... a big ethical decision that has to be made that I think people will care about. By the time it happens, I think you'll be vested enough in the people involved that you'll care. It's the quintessential question of Survivor -- where do ethics begin and end, where does the game begin and end -- and it poses that question. What is your worth in this game and in your life, and is there a difference?"

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-08-07, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Most Controversial Decision Ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-07 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-08-07 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

Just wanted to point out a slight difference in the same subject reported in two different places. Above, the final line says "What is your worth in this game and in your life......"

In the transcript of the "Jeff Probst Media Teleconference" posted over at Sucks here...... http://p085.ezboard.com/Jeff-Probst-Media-Teleconference/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=19382.topic

the following is said:

Question: Can you talk about how you guys found him?

JP: I wish I knew and I don't. I just have one other thing I wanted to say. There's one other thing that happened late in the game. There's a big ethical decision that has to be made that I think people will care about. I think by the time it happens you will be invested in the people involved, that you will care. It's the quintessential question of Survivor. Where do ethics begin and end and where does the game begin and end? It poses that question. What is your word worth in this game and in your life and is there a difference? Would you act the same way at home? When we were out there and it happened it was a big moment. I think on the show it will probably have the same sort of significance. It's something to look out for.

The word "word" has been left out of the above article. If it does indeed belong there, it's a big difference in asking the value of your word as opposed to the value of your entire worth.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •