The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CHIP and KIM won because of LUCK...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

filipino_fan 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail filipino_fan Click to send private message to filipino_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CHIP and KIM won because of LUCK...."
I'm disappointed with the ending, Chip and Kim won, its not beacuse they're the best, but they were just the luckiest couple on earth that very moment. It's really disappointing to know that they won because of the delayed flights of Colin and Christie. They should have ended it in Calgary, that for me is the real "RACE", from LAST to FIRST<<<<obviously Colin and Christie are the real winners.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUC... realityshowgeek 09-24-04 1
 RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUC... Ontario TAR Fan 09-24-04 2
 RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUC... FesterFan1 09-24-04 3
 RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUC... seahorse 09-24-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUCK...."
Funny how when Chip and Kim accomplish anything it's luck. On the other hand Colin are Christie are smart. So much of this race is dependent on luck. Getting the right flight, the best taxi driver, whatever. No matter how much pre-planning you do something like fog could throw your entire brilliant plan out the window.

Get over it. Chip and Kim won. TAR is a marathon, not a sprint!!

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUCK.... NOT!"
OK, it was partly luck. But as well noted on other threads, Colin and Christie lost the race in two significant ways. First, they failed to double and triple check their flight arrangements - in foggy weather no less! I would have stayed awake all night checking the monitors, calling the airlines, etc.
Further, they could have made multiple bookings. And then there was the checked bags. Were the contents worth a million bucks? Not likely. So then leave them in Calgary, carry them with you, ship them home, do what ever but do not check the bags! In the current FAA rules, bags go with passengers - so they could not get on the better flights.

If Colin and Christie had been more proactive, they would have won. Chip and Kim did them better, and did them better when it counted.

In my mind, the luckiest time for Chip and Kim in the race was in the FIRST episode, when they had to go back to redo a task. They were saved by the niceness of Dennis and the equally inept twins. That was luck. In the finale, they did what they had to do.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUCK...."
I suppose it was pure skill that landed Colin and Christie in last place on a non-elim leg, then?

You will note that the only team in the finale who hadn't finished last at some point was Chip and Kim. That? Speaks volumes.

The best team won. Period. They all benefitted from luck at some point. Just because Chip and Kim's came at a key moment doesn't detract from their win.

Fester
What's with all the Chip & Kim hatin'?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CHIP and KIM won because of LUCK...."
Obviously there is some luck involved in all situations where racers take different flights, trains, buses, taxis, etc. Sometimes they are late due to weather, breakdowns etc. which is beyond the racers' control.

To minimize this luck aspect. There should be more challenges etc. in the final city to minimize the chances of luck being the difference in the game. This however might spread the teams out some which might not make the race all that close in the end which is what the producers want.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •