The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

heavymettle 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-02, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heavymettle Click to send private message to heavymettle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

"This is like our church..."

"Oh, look... Lacroix."

-- Oz, in an upscale Hong Kong shopping mall

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The Cha-Chas make me so happy.

How could they not? Tonight, for two hours, they raced like pros and were nothing short of delightful while they did it.

It might have appeared that the boys were going to lose the race to frivolity, but the Cha-Chas had their game faces on tonight. All they needed was a little divine inspiration from the Gods of Haute Couture and some liquid refreshment from the hallowed halls of Starbucks to replenish their energy and their faith in themselves.

It made perfect sense. For some, it takes extreme unction and Communion wine to draw strength from a higher power. For others, like Danny and Oz, an exotic designer fragrance and a grande Mocha Frappucino are all that is necessary to tap into The All. Faith is a very personal thing.

I will to continue to raise my voice for the Cha-Chas. They alone are a beacon of hope in an otherwise dreary and sometimes evil line-up of racers. In my heart of hearts, I hope and pray that the Cha-Chas will rise again from the bottom of the pack to reign again at the right hand of Phil Keoghan.

But, even if the Cha-Cha light is extinguished by the demonic forces of Chex, Twil or Blaige, the messengers from Miami have won me over completely.

My brothers and sisters... I am here to testify to the power of Team Prada. Swing open the doors, baby... I am ready to enter the Church of Cha Cha Cha.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha Crimsyn 04-25-02 1
   RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha heavymettle 04-25-02 2
       RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha Crimsyn 04-25-02 3
           RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha heavymettle 04-25-02 4
 Best Line of the Whole Damned Seaso... heavymettle 04-25-02 5
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha Bebo 04-25-02 6
   RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha managerr 04-25-02 7
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha trigirl 04-25-02 8
   RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha J Slice 04-25-02 9
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha katem 04-25-02 10
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha gudgeon 04-25-02 11
   RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha GreatDarkSpot 04-25-02 12
       Cha Cha Chilarious kirin 04-25-02 13
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha L82LIFE 04-25-02 14
 Smart move moonbaby 04-25-02 15
 RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha smiles 04-25-02 16
   RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha pinay_racer 04-25-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Crimsyn 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-02, 04:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crimsyn Click to send private message to Crimsyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
I agree. I love team Cha Cha Cha. Even though I was rooting for Itchy and Scratchy, I loved the way Danny and Oz causally walked down the street while my boys were on the phone frantically trying to get a flight.
They have really turned on the charm over the past few episodes. I hope they make it to the top three.

04-25-02, 04:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heavymettle Click to send private message to heavymettle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
"I loved the way Danny and Oz causally walked down the street while my boys were on the phone frantically trying to get a flight."

Oh, not only passing with grace, but throwing cool shade in the general direction of the Dorks the whole time. Especially amusing was Oz's short and not-so-sweet response to Gary's abrupt inquiry about whether or not the Cha-Chas had made reservations.

A calm, dismissive "no" was all the Dorks got out of Oz, as the Cha-Chas glided by on their way to first place and a free dream cruise. I thought Gary was going to go into convulsions.

Crimsyn 590 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 04:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crimsyn Click to send private message to Crimsyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 04:50 AM (EST)

>"I thought
>Gary was going to go
>into convulsions."

ROFL! Also have to give Cha Cha props for just not giving a damn. I loved the fact that they are bold enough to just walk on up to a stranger and ask to use their phone, IN THEIR HOUSE. lol Itchy and Scratchy used a somewhat public phone, but not Team Prada. lol I couldn't believe that, it was great.

Oh! And I loved the look on everyones faces when Cha Cha walked up at 5:45am all dry and relaxed while the rest of them (with the exception of Tail) slept outside in the rain. They can be so crafty. I love it.

04-25-02, 05:09 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
"And I loved the look on everyones faces when Cha Cha walked up at 5:45am all dry and relaxed while the rest of them (with the exception of Tail) slept outside in the rain."

Did you hear what Tara asked Oz when he and Danny showed up at the Sydney Bridge Climb? Jokingly, Tara said something like, "So, did you guys stay at that really nice hotel up there?" She just about choked when Oz responded "Yes."

It was obvious that Tara was just busting the guys' chops for their appreciation of the finer things. She was just saying it to be funny. She never dreamed that the Cha-Chas were actually so committed to luxury that they'd found a way of working their limited budget into staying the night in a 5-star hotel.

Of course, there was no way Oz was going to tell her the entire truth about their stay at the hotel. He didn't tell her that he and Danny had scammed the desk clerks into letting them check their bags while the Cha-Chas took a nap in the lobby, allegedly waiting for their car to pick them up.

My boys should win the prize money for style and ingenuity alone.

04-25-02, 06:49 AM (EST)
5. "Best Line of the Whole Damned Season"
By far, the line that stole the show tonight (and very likely will go down as the best line of the entire season) came at the very end of the two hours when Danny and Oswald stood on the mat at the pit stop in Coober Pedy. Just as had happened to the three teams before them, the boys were forced to endure the application of some sort of aboriginal warpaint by some brightly festooned bushie. The local woman made up Oswald first, but as she started putting the gunky stuff on Danny's face, he feigned apprehension and said to her:

"Is that MAC??"

Danny's is freakin' hilarious.

For those who don't get Danny's hilarious one-liner, here's a link that might bring it into focus for you:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/home.tmpl?server=www%2emaccosmetics%2ecom&COUNTRY_ABBR=US

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-02, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
They are playing smart. The other teams are getting caught up in the drama and losing sight of the prize at the end (hello, Chex and Twil). Other teams have met their doom through sniping (hello, Peaches & Scream, Goofus & Doofus). Our boys have worked together logically and remembered that teamwork is crucial.

And I was howling when Oswald lamented that his limp wrist didn't help him in the boomerang throwing!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 08:43 AM (EST)

Oswald had a lot of good lines tonight. I liked it when Tara was making fun of his ineptness with the boomerang. His response: "Shut up, b####!"

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-02, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
I love these boys!

When the editors were having fun with us last night and the planes were arriving to Sydney (Fab from Singapore and the others from Bangkok) I jumped for joy when it was the boys arriving first. They are a joy to watch.

Interestingly, in TAR1 with five teams to go...I liked everyone. Momily was great, so were the Festers, Frangarita and R&B. Oh yeah, the Guidos...liked almost everyone. This time around, everyone else is soooo annoying that team Fabulous is that much more enjoyable.

Take me up to the altar, I am ready to convert to the Church of ChaChaCha!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
::bows down to the almighty Starbucks God::

Well, I've been rooting for both Dave and Gary and Cha Cha Cha this whole time, and... well, as you all know, only one is left, so...

I'm ready to go shopping.

Hooray for Ozzie's Lamar-like limp wrist. These two are obviously the only humor we're going to get out of the show now, because they take it easy, instead of sharpening their claws and blowing up like so many teams before them.

I admit, Dave and Gary played awfully. Let's hope team Fab can continue their offbeat- yet winning - style.

-=J=-
On hiatus from being the President of the Unofficial Dave and Gary fanclub

"Is that Mac?" - Danny

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-02, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
Not only did Oswald call Tara a #####, but also made her stop making fun of the Dorks when they were the last to arrive at the little airport in Adelaine.

Oswald told her to stop being mean, and she did. It was amazing the way they played last night, and their sportsmanship is unparalled in this season. While Tara showed her true colors by taunting the Dorks, Oswald showed his by telling her to shut up.

I think they won this sucker. Everyone has been edited in a very negative light, at one point or another (especially Team Wilma and Chex), but not O/D. I think they did it.

GO TEAM FABULOUS !!!! GO KATHY O'BRIEN !!!!!

gudgeon 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gudgeon Click to send private message to gudgeon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
I second everything everyone so far has said in this thread - I am IN LOVE with the Cha Cha Cha!!! They have impressed me from the start in how polite they have been to everyone they encounter - including the other teams, and each other! They are the most supportive of each other out of all the teams (including Blaige), and O and D seem to know just how to encourage each other when the other of them needs it.

I know some people were arguing that they had an UAM at the police station and...unfortunately I can't remember it - my Cha Cha Cha rose-colored glasses have either blocked that out, or was in the kitchen or something :/ However, even if they were horribly rude, in that one instance, IMHO, it really doesn't compare to the other teams' constant rudeness to the local people, backstabbing of the other teams, and the way they treat their own teammate. Twil...yikes, don't even get me started - he has repulsed me from the very beginning, and I will be really disappointed by the karma gods if they win. I know it's a game and all, but it would be so sad to me if his selfishness, whining, and (apparent) total disrespect for Tara is rewarded.

Oswald and Danny deserve it soooooo much more - I LOVE their calm, cool, and collected selves. And, in the spirit of it being a game, I think they've shown great ingenuity by talking their way onto the hotel couches, borrowing a stranger's phone, using travel agents...and just plain being friendly and thankful to the people they meet. Instead of feeling like they have to steamroll over and try to trick the other teams, they have just played their own game, chosen the path less travelled, and will hopefully come out on top.

Go Cha Cha Cha!!!

GreatDarkSpot 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-02, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreatDarkSpot Click to send private message to GreatDarkSpot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
I also like the way they deal with the detours - trying to take the one that the other teams are not. I'm sure it payed off last night when they took Lion over Dragon (or was it the other way around?)
One of the best lines was when Danny (I think) complained that they were always having to be dressed up like the Village People when they went down into the mine.
It's funny - in TAR1 the gay guys were the villans. Here, they are probably the crowd favorites.

kirin 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-02, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Cha Cha Chilarious"
While I normally just lurk, I had to add my own post about Oswald and Danny. I have gone from slightly despising them largely because of the pretentious comments Oswald made in the first few episodes, to absolutely loving them. They are ab fab! Other than hoping that the next episode will be the one in which Wilma gets eliminated, they are the reason I enjoy watching the show so much week after week. They have definitely figured out how to play the game while other teams seem to be crashing and burning all around them. And, unless something dramatic happens in the next couple of episodes, I think either they or Chex will win, simply because they are the only two teams holding it together and not making such crucial mistakes. Go Cha Cha Cha.

I can't believe Blake and Paige haven't been eliminated yet. While I think they are being slightly redeemed in the editing, they are making a lot of serious blunders. Wil...he seems to have completely lost his focus and if it weren't for Tara, they might just be out. Looks like he is burning out, probably too many sleepless nights worrying about Alex. Hee Hee.

Anyway...my two cents and now I am retreating to my usual lurking position.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
WooHoo to ChaChaCha!
I'll admit I was a bit worried when they didn't rush to the airport to get a flight. When they said they'd come back to the travel agent in an hour, I was freakin out. It all worked out so well for them. Proving, once again, that you don't have to run around like a chicken with your head cut off to do well in this game.
The shopping trip was a scream. When Os told Tara to stop being evil-I died. They had me cracking up through the whole show. I really hope these two win. It would be great to see a team wim with brains, politeness, and humor. Usually we see fighting, backstabbing, and ruthlessness take the top spot. How refreshing Os and Danny are!
The "C" in ChaChaCha must stand for class.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Smart move"
Good thinking on Danny's part to keep himself out of sight of the other teams. These guys are still having fun, too, joking and laughing about walking around inside the lion costume and taking a little mental health shopping break. If they do not win (perish the thought!) they have had a total blast and I have gotten a big kick out of watching them savor the experience.

Go O & D!

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
Cha Cha Cha are great. The only mistake that I could see (and it really isn't a mistake) is when they were caught up with the riff raff during the throwing contest. It does take much skill to throw a boomerang!

I loved their shopping spree and their rationale. "When ever you have questions go to a 5 star hotel." How right they are about that! 5 star hotels have every piece of information imaginable about a city! Good thinking!

I loved that everyone else was like "Where is team Fabulous?" Then they arrive 30 minutes earlier!! I would have loved to see everyone's reactions when they heard that hey took an earlier flight!!

Hopefully, they will continue on their trend next week! And I really hope that Blaige and Wilma make more BIG mistakes like not reading the directions!

Go Fab!

smiles

pinay_racer 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinay_racer Click to send private message to pinay_racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Church of Cha Cha Cha"
i agree with you. team cha3 has been an epitome of supreme grace under pressure. i love how they handle the challenges - they are the real divas inside and out.

they play smart and cool.and i love their sense of style and class. go...mocha frappuccino-my favorite too. and the cologne...that i have to try. hey...why not be product endorsers. i am sure they'll be able to promote the product extremely well.

i hope they continue to do well. and danny was right...the friendship is more than the race itself. you GO GIRL!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •