The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Hi Everyone,

I am going to give this observation thing a shot but please be nice it is my first time.

Firstly I have to Congratulate Team ChaCha for the awesome job last night, they were wonderful. Taking that flight through Singapore was genius. Go Boys!

The Sydney "Walkabout" was amazing and it had me in stitches watching the Yanks trying to figure out the Aussie Language. It showed how friendly and helpful we Aussies are as well.

Surfie in Lairy Daks - As I was listening to Team ChaCha read this out I didn't know what they were saying until I heard one of the locals say it. It is all in the pronounciation.

Ankle Biter - Can someone tell me if this is used anywhere else in the world or is it just such a normal word to me?

Shiela in a Ozzie Cozie - WOW! She was hot, I loved that Blake kissed her.

Bushie - He didn't look like a real bushie but we can not confuse the Yanks too much now can we?

I need to make a comment about the PIT STOP! Why was it so hard for Twil and Blaige to find the museum? The others walked from the Opera House to the museum, you can see it from where they were. Silly Buggers!

NOTE - To Blake and Paige, it was your loss that you didn't get to eat the Aussie Meat Pie. They are Bloody delicious.

PART TWO

Fly from Sydney to Adelaide and charter to Cooper Pedy. Again Blaige had trouble (do we smell our next victim)?

This episode was full of funnies. First G/D remark how hot it is! Der it is the desert and it is summer. The only team that I saw with water was O/D (they are fast becoming my favourites). Then we had the limp wrist comment from Tara and Danny's response Shut Up B****.

Detour - Mine vs Golf. I would of gone for the mine just to keep cool but after watching how hard it was maybe B/P had the right idea, it certainly paid off for them.

What is the difference between a ROCK and an OPAL Will?

When Itchy and Scratchy changed detours half way through I thought they were nuts, they had spent so much time in the mine but it seemed to work for them even if they were eliminated.

In Summary I have to say that this was my most favourite episode to date (yes I am very biased) and I love the way the Ozzie and Danny are playing this game. They are working so well together and they are having fun without getting caught up in the dramas of the other teams. I hope they take it all!

I welcome all comments on my first attempt at this.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AUSTRALIA RULES! katem 04-25-02 1
 RE: AUSTRALIA RULES! trigirl 04-25-02 2
   RE: AUSTRALIA RULES! Aussiemama 04-25-02 3
       RE: AUSTRALIA RULES! Kokoro 04-25-02 5
       RE: AUSTRALIA RULES! smiley 04-25-02 6
       AussieMama... Sig Pic IceCat 04-25-02 7
           RE: AussieMama... Sig Pic Aussiemama 04-25-02 8
               RE: AussieMama... Sig Pic IceCat 04-25-02 9
 RE: AUSTRALIA RULES! L82LIFE 04-25-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-02, 11:09 AM (EST)
1. "RE: AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Aussie, I have to tell you, that this season TAR seem to be going to deserts a lot, and avoiding the cities and great places that the audience wants to see.

Just when I had given up hope, along they bring Australia, Sydney looked so gorgeous it just really made me want to go there NOW, just like the first ep in Rio.

As for your comments on the two episodes, Team Fabulous, was magnificent last night. While all the others were struggling with booking a flight, they hired a travel agent and went shopping, that was a real scream.

They also won a cruise, got driven to the airport in a fancy car, and finished first. Oswald (not Danny) gets extra bonus points for calling Tara a ##### . Also, he told her at the first come, first serve airport in Adelaine, not to be mean to the Dorks, and not make fun of them.

They seem to get along great with her and I think the other teams have found real respect for them. I am also happy to see that they are really playing now, I think that they won the race.

Anyway Aussie, welcome to the boards and keep posting.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
2. "RE: AUSTRALIA RULES!"
This was the best episode(s), for sure.

Aussi, regarding your comments about the slang.

Other than the lairy daks, I knew what the heck they were talking about. Of course everyone uses Ankle Biter don't they...at least here in Canada we do. Maybe we Canadians speak the same language as you do, eh?

04-25-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
3. "RE: AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Hey Trigirl,

I actually live in Canada now so maybe I have been brainwashed eh?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-25-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
5. "RE: AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Great commentary AM ;)

*Is Canadian too*

I also understood everything except for "lairy daks" and "ozzie cozie" - so maybe there is some kinda weird Canadian-Australian connection ^-^

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Kathy: Paschal, they're going to vote us off one by one.

Paschal: So?

Stop Discrimination Now

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-25-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
6. "RE: AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Yes canadians do have alot of the same slang we aussies do. I live in the states now and watching last nights episode left me in stitches too *L*. How hard is it to say coober pedy???? *L* That old guy they had waiting for them when they came out of the mine was so typical *L*. Beauty mate *L*

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
7. "AussieMama... Sig Pic"
You asked for this ages ago and I made it up right away and notified you via email and PM...

... and then you disappeared.

Here it is:

04-25-02, 07:54 PM (EST)
8. "RE: AussieMama... Sig Pic"
Tar Mate - You are so bonza!

(translation = Thank you friend - you are wonderful)

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 08:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: AussieMama... Sig Pic"
No worries... back atcha!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: AUSTRALIA RULES!"
Great comments, Aussie.
Yes, Danny/Oswald were wonderful last night! I loved the way they were skipping around the mall like kids at a park. Too cute! I'm loving these two more every episode.
The Aussies were very helpful and friendly to the teams. Some very beautiful scenes.
I've heard the term "ankle biter", but we use it to describe a small yappy dog, not a child. LOL
So glad to see Gary/Dave gone. They were becoming meaner and nastier very episode.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •