The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
TDT seems to be saying that Adam is going to finish in 5th place overall. The only way he gets to 5th place in my mind is if he goes on a little IC win streak starting now. I have trouble believing that the new Aitu alliance would keep Adam over Candace, Parvati and Jonathan, unless they couldn't vote him off. Adam is a much bigger IC threat than Candace or Parvati and Jonathan is part of their alliance now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? Flowerpower 11-27-06 1
   RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? Brownroach 11-27-06 5
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? CRyanShort 11-27-06 2
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? forehead 11-27-06 3
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? smokedog 11-27-06 4
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? ktchong 11-28-06 6
   RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? emydi 11-29-06 7
       RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? wsmith_1972 11-29-06 8
           RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? wsmith_1972 12-01-06 9
               RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? Brownroach 12-01-06 10
               RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? Chez 12-01-06 11
                   RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? forehead 12-01-06 12
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? esquire 12-01-06 13
   RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? mommamia 12-03-06 14
 RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? esquire 12-08-06 15
   RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak? Outfrontgirl 12-08-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-06 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

Yes, esquire, I have pondered the same thing. The only one they show in mid IC this week is Adam, why? Could he win it?

On the other hand, he was the FIRST one out of the endurance challenge this past week, while Candice was the 2nd to the last one out...Other than the strength challenge, Adam has not really stood out, yet Candice has, imo. So I don't know. I could see someone else winning IC this week. If Adam makes it beyond next week then yes, I think he must win the IC. BUT, I am not convinced he is not the boot next week...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
I can totally see why Candice would get voted out this week no matter who wins immunity (as long as she doesn't). Besides being a challenge threat, she is confronting Jonathan in front of everyone, telling him that "these people (the Aitus) don't even like you." Having been on Aitu, she could relay conversations she had back then with Becky or Sundra or Ozzy to try to prove her point and make Jonathan suspicious. Aitu can't afford that (Yul says "speak for yourself") -- they know that Jonathan still felt connected to Candice before the last vote.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

CRyanShort 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CRyanShort Click to send private message to CRyanShort Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
I considered that idea, that Adam would go on a streak. However, I wonder if Adam is overestimated in his talents.

I wonder if the Aitu four and the Big J are more suspicious of Candice and Parvati more than Adam. Candice has proven herself to be a strong competitor in challenges, and Aitu must still harbor some feelings about the mutiny. That may be why she's next.

For Parvati, at least if I were in Aitu's position, I would be more wary of her than of Adam. She seems to be slippery and may be viewed as more deceptive than Adam, at least to the Aitus, and thus, potentially more dangerous.

Perhaps the Aitu rightly underestimate Adam, and they remove the more threatening players, and that's why he lasts longer?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-27-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
The only evidence TDT is giving for Adam to finish 5th is prometheus. I would not be surprised if prometheus is going to bat .500 for 5th and 4th place predictions - with Adam not finishing in 5th, but Sundra indeed finishing 4th.

Adam has shown little ability in beating Ozzy/Yul in challenges (of whatever nature).

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-27-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
>The only way he gets to 5th place in my mind is if he goes on a little IC win streak starting now.

Isn't the IC going to be a test of mental aptitude. Doesn't that mean that Adam is pretty much out of it right there?

I think Candice's tirade gets her booted next, with sneaky Jonathan to follow when he is outlived his usefulness. They probably fell Adam is useless without his cronies.

So it might be a case of there just being more important targets than his success keeping him in the game.

ktchong 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-28-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ktchong Click to send private message to ktchong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-06 AT 11:38 PM (EST)

If Yul boots Adam and Jonathan (two guys) before Parvati, then the women left in the game will end up with the majority number. If the women perceive Yul and Ozzy (the two remaining alpha males) as their biggest threats to winning the million dollars, and if they are RATIONAL, then they will set aside their differences to work together and overthrow Yul and Ozzy. The women will gain an advantage by forming a female alliance, and they will increase their probability of winning the game if they get rid of Yul and Ozzy.

In the past seasons, women who dislike each other have come together to form females alliances to overthrow the men. (Parvati does not even have any bad blood with Becky and Sundra, so they will be more willing to to work together.) Often the female alliance faltered, but a few times the female alliances succeeded. Yul had studied and analyzed the game before he set out to play it himself, so he must have been fully aware of the risk of keeping more women than men in the game.

If you look at every tribe Yul has been in, you should be able to detect that Yul has meticulously controlled the boot order to make sure that his allies (including women) have the least probabilities of flipping or betraying him. He preemptively took out his allies' opportunities to flip to alternate alliances based on gender/age similarity and previous tribe connection.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
Good analysis kt!

Sandra Lil and Darrah anyone?

So after Candice goes this week, who does Yul see as most dangerous to remainder of his alliance to flip? Parv Adum or Jon?

Arranging a Hit is the the title and that to me sounds like it's talking about Jon but I think Yul will think he can put aside Jon for one for week. Ozzy who doesn't like Jon will be pushing for him.

Parvati is more dangerous to Yul than Adum is because of Parv's charms not on Ozzy but on Sundra and Becky. I'm sure Candice has told Parv about the armpit alliance!

So I could see Yul not worrying about Adum as much as Parv or Jon at F7 and he convinces the others to vote for her. Ozzy will be pushing for Jon now that Aitu4 safely has the majority of 4 at 7.

wsmith_1972 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-06, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wsmith_1972 Click to send private message to wsmith_1972 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
Yul would probably figure that Adumb is to dumb to form an alliance and is not enough of a threat to get rid of so soon.

wsmith_1972 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wsmith_1972 Click to send private message to wsmith_1972 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
What the heck is up with Adam? Was he playing possum?

The boy rolled in the last challenge.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
I think he probably just happened to guess the right answers before anyone else. I don't see how anyone could possibly remember all of those numbers and be positive they were right. And I wouldn't think the producers would anticipate anyone getting it right without guessing.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
I honestly don't think the Aitu 4 played very hard at this immunity challenge. How likely is it that they all finished part 1 behind all 4 of the others (3 Raro plus Jonathan) unless they were not trying too hard?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-06, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
"I honestly don't think the Aitu 4 played very hard at this immunity challenge."

I quite agree, Chez.

Regarding Adam in 5th - I gave that a low probability before ep11. What a difference a single ep can make. Parv's edit took a serious hit - not much left to her story. Jonathan's story could also be wrapped up in a single ep now. The editing has opened the door for Yul to boot A, P, J in any order. The real question is how the final (Aitu) 4 is going to play out...

forehead

12-01-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
Maybe I was right about this. 1 down and 2 more Immunity Challenges to go

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
I don't think he has to go on a streak to last a couple more episodes. I'm more inclined to believe that Ozzy wins IC this week but there's an off-chance it's Adam. Parv has to go this week anyway whether they vote her because of the finger or not. I think Adam must win IC next week to keep him in the game for one more week so Jonathan goes next week and Adam at F5. I think Adam probably would have gone before Parv if she hadn't cut her finger. Before this she wasn't much of an asset to the tribe so after the finger incident she'll have the excuse she needs to sit on her butt. Too little, too late.

12-08-06, 01:15 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-06 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

Now having Adam finish in 5th place seems more possible. With J's boot, all we need is Adam to win next week's immunity challenge. I think was obvious from today's episode they intend to vote Adam out next.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-06, 05:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Does Adam go on an IC streak?"
agreed, esquire.
I have a hard time imagining Ozzy could feel comfy about having Yul and Adam in competition at F5 on ... and he can't get Yul. If Parv goes, I too think Adam's got immunity. She and Adam are tied together. If their plan worked, neither of them would be going home, but it appears that one is, so it didn't work, which means I the Aitu 4 decide to stick and boot a Raro--in which case, how would they ever spare Adam over mangled thumb girl? I don't see it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •