The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Damn I wish I could bring caps over from Fever. I used to be able to do this no problem.

Web promo is here:
http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=163&page=1

What's this, another challenge? I see Sally, Terry, Danielle(?- green shirt, looks like hers, not Nick's) and someone else. Bobby and Aras off to the side, Probst giving signal to start a race:
http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=163&pos=17

Here are all 4 Red Men rowing the raft. Note the blue and green boxes are still positioned in the background; are they rowing out from shore here?
http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=163&pos=29

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... michel 01-11-06 1
 RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... B i a n c a 01-11-06 2
   RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Flowerpower 01-12-06 3
       RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Brownroach 01-12-06 4
           RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Flowerpower 01-12-06 5
       RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... B i a n c a 01-12-06 6
           RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Brownroach 01-12-06 7
               RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... B i a n c a 01-12-06 10
                   RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Brownroach 01-12-06 11
                   RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... coolbluepig 01-13-06 12
                       RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... B i a n c a 01-13-06 13
                       RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... VolcanicGlass 01-19-06 40
           RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... michel 01-12-06 8
               RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Flowerpower 01-12-06 9
                   RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another c... Brownroach 01-13-06 14
 Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 Flowerpower 01-14-06 15
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 michel 01-14-06 16
       More boats Brownroach 01-17-06 28
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 knuckles487 01-15-06 17
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 architecturegirl 01-16-06 18
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 Flowerpower 01-16-06 19
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 Capn2patch 01-16-06 20
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 Flowerpower 01-16-06 22
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 knuckles487 01-16-06 24
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 PhillyBrat 01-16-06 21
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1 architecturegirl 01-16-06 23
 Just a thought... vince3 01-16-06 25
   RE: Just a thought... Flowerpower 01-16-06 26
       RE: Just a thought... Brownroach 01-17-06 27
           RE: Just a thought... Flowerpower 01-17-06 29
               RE: Just a thought... Brownroach 01-17-06 30
                   RE: Just a thought... emydi 01-17-06 31
                       RE: Just a thought... Brownroach 01-17-06 32
               RE: Just a thought... Flowerpower 01-18-06 33
                   Sounds Good! michel 01-18-06 34
                       RE: Sounds Good! Brownroach 01-18-06 35
                           RE: Sounds Good! PhillyBrat 01-18-06 36
                               RE: Sounds Good! michel 01-18-06 37
                           RE: Sounds Good! Flowerpower 01-18-06 39
                               Didn't notice this earlier... Brownroach 01-19-06 41
                                   RE: Didn't notice this earlier... Flowerpower 01-19-06 42
                                       RE: Didn't notice this earlier... redbeard103152 01-19-06 43
                               RE: Sounds Good! Georgianna 01-19-06 44
                                   RE: Sounds Good! vince3 01-19-06 45
                                       RE: Sounds Good! Georgianna 01-19-06 46
                                   RE: Sounds Good! xwraith27 01-20-06 47
                                       RE: Sounds Good! Georgianna 01-20-06 49
                                           RE: Sounds Good! Brownroach 01-20-06 50
                                   RE: Sounds Good! Flowerpower 01-20-06 48
                                       RE: Sounds Good! VolcanicGlass 01-20-06 51
                                           RE: Sounds Good! Flowerpower 01-21-06 53
                                       RE: Sounds Good! knuckles487 01-20-06 52
                   RE: Just a thought... emydi 01-18-06 38
 One hour preseason show Flowerpower 01-21-06 54
   RE: One hour preseason show emydi 01-21-06 55
       RE: One hour preseason show vince3 01-21-06 56

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
The vidcap of Jeff starting a race is from cbs.com "meet the survivors" video added today.

B i a n c a 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-11-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to send private message to B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 07:15 PM (EST)

I think it's Ruth in the pink.

Her bio and other articles found on the net mention that she's a pretty good runner, and has competed in quite a few races, so I think this challenge will be perfect for her.
Danielle is also good at track her bio says she set high school state records.

The guy in the blue top/red shorts is Austin.

So it's

Ruth vs Terry vs Danielle vs Austin

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 08:33 AM (EST)

Definately, I am 100% sure that the runners lined up here are indeed Ruth Marie, Terry, Danielle and Austin. I think this is the very first challenge of the show and was held after they gathered for the first time at the challenge site and were split into tribes and after completion of their cast photo shoot of the entire cast and the photos of the tribes. Note they are all in the same clothing as they were in the cast photos.

Rock/paper/scissors with the older guys may be just before this challenge as they are deciding who will start the race for them....and we see Danielle "warming" up with some twisting exercises as she's been chosen to start the race for the young women....

Can not say definatively at this point that there are 2 separate challenges as many of the women are seen in the first challenge with their swim suits on underneath their clothing....BUT, the men are definately seen in their long pants and shorts, while some have their trunks on for sure(Terry). Right now I'm leaning toward 2 separate challenges in Ep 1.

See post #11 here.

01-12-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
Oh yeah it's Ruth. I thought that was Sally in pink in the cast picture. One of them better lose the braids or I won't be able to distinguish between them.

01-12-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
FYI, I'm beginning to wonder if Ruth Marie could be the survivor with the notable blonde highlights. To me Sally, Lumberjill, Melinda all seem to have really blonde hair, while Ruth Marie has a more reddish, auburn hair that I think with the sun could get some awesome blonde highlights....her hair seems to have lightened up already from the preshow picks of her and then to the challenges....just a thought!

01-12-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to send private message to B%20i%20a%20n%20c%20a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

I agree that they are two separate challenges!

TDT has some excellent spec/analysis up for the RC and Exile, etc: http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_panama/spoilers/index.htm

One way to figure out who loses the RC is to figure out who the exile is.

But this is all assuming that the camp-life/shelter-building caps come before the IC and I think its probably safe to assume they do?

OLDER WOMEN
As TDT states, all the older women are present at camp, so they probably don't lose the RC, or else one of them would be exiled, and not be there.

OLDER MEN
Bruce, Shane and Terry are shown on a rocky beach. Bruce and Dan are each shown working on a raised shelter. Seems like everyone is at camp at some point.
Dan and Bruce chopping away

Terry/Shane/Bruce/Dan at their tribe beach?

It's not completely conclusive that these caps are from day 1/2 though, since they aren't building shelter and such.

YOUNGER WOMEN
Younger women: Sally, Danielle and Courtney are all shown gathering shelter material together. Courtney and Danielle are also shown together. No sign of Misty, though. Misty = possible exile.

Sally, Danielle and Courtney.
There's no physical sign of Misty, although I think Danielle is wearing a very similiar pale yellow top as Misty is wearing during the RC:

Danielle @ camp:

Misty @ RC:

Which would've first suggested to me that she lent her top to Danielle while at camp, thus not making her the exile as she wouldn't have taken her top off after the RC and gone to exile island in just a bikini...BUT as you can see the tops do differ slightly - Misty's has rings connecting the straps to the top, and from what I can see in the caps, Danielle's doesn't. So yep, like TDT said, there's no definite sign of Misty at the camp.

YOUNGER MEN
Younger men: Nick and Bobby are each shown standing (or sitting) by the same tree. Aras is shown chopping wood, presumably in camp. No sign of Austin. Austin = possible exile.

Here is Aras chopping:

Bobby sitting near the tree:

I do think there's a sign of Austin being at camp though....this looks like it may be his blue shirt hanging from this tree next to Nick:

Here's a cap of Austin's shirt on

The one on the tree looks a bit different, but I haven't see anyone else on the younger guys tribe wearing a blue shirt so far, so I assume it's Austin's. He's also wearing his long blue shirt during the RC, so I don't quite understand how the exile-thing works, but if they are exiled straight away from the scene of the RC and return AT the IC, then Austin wouldn't have time to bring his shirt back to camp (unless he took it off and gave it to one of the guys - but your first night on Survivor and being alone on an exiled island you'd probably want to keep all the clothes you possibly can )

So IF that's Austin's shirt and he has been at camp (assuming that the first time they've been at camp is after the RC, and the cap isn't from after the IC) then that would make all of the younger guys present at camp, therfore no exile, therefore, they didn't lose the RC.

So whilst there are a lot of assumptions, TDT's early pick of Misty as the possible exile seems likely, since we don't really have much else to work with yet.

01-12-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
I read TDT's analysis and I like it, bianca. I definitely think that is Austin's blue pullover on the tree branch, even if the color looks a bit off with the other cap.

Also wanted to point out that TDT thinks this cap of Dan

is not from the camp beach, but after the raft challenge -- red buff in same place on right arm:

...possible indication the Red Men lose the raft challenge, from his stance and expression.

01-12-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

So if it's after the raft IC then why is Dan still in the water?

I know we don't know the exact details of the IC, but we see that teams come to shore with Aras holding instructions (or something similar), so do you think once they construct whatever they need to make, they go back into the water for some IC-related reason? Because I'm doubting that the older men would be that far behind in so that Aras's team is contrsucting their "thing" and the older men are still in the water...unless they are horrible rowers/steerers like Ulong were.

ETA: actually, I just read in the other thread how Aras may have dry hair in the cap with the instructions, so it may be before htey enter the water? gah, this is confusing lol.

FWIW I think the water looks similar to here:

which I think is from camp beach lol...but most water looks alike anyway ;) lol.

I'll have to watch this again on the video to see exactly what she's doing, but here's a shot of Tina in the water too

She's wearing the same stuff as the start of the challenge

(I think this is from IC???)

So yeah, maybe the older teams are just extremely far behind and lose.

01-12-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

So if it's after the raft IC then why is Dan still in the water?

I don't know! I'm just repeating what TDT said.

ETA: Maybe he is at the camp beach, but after the challenge, and he hasn't taken his buff off yet?

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-13-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 08:40 AM (EST)

You know what i dont get is why it looks like CIRIE is holding a pink buff in her hand???

i mean she has her purple buff around her neck...

and the pink buff looks like to have the survivor logo?? everyone is looking at her too... and it looks like she is looking at jeff...

thoughts?????????

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

01-13-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
Are you sure there's a Survivor logo on it? I can't really see one..

here ae bigger caps

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-19-06, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"

01-12-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
If it is Misty or Austin that is exiled and if FP is right about the raft challenge being for IC then we can say that the article about the exiled survivor having to compete solo in IC is wrong as Jazzy Jax suggested. We do see all 4 girls together and while the young guys are too far to get an accurate count, we do see Austin's red shorts when they are walking towards the ocean.

01-12-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

EXCELLENT JOB, guys! I am totally on board with this reasoning! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bianca and kudos to TDT with all the detective work! Great job BR and michel, I think you both are right on with your points as well. (Hopefully future vidcaps will help confirm these deductions!)

So, as it appears so far, Misty is likely to be the exiled one, and the older guys probably do not win the IC(although this is not definitive proof by any stretch, it still could be at their tribe beach). Also, as Michel notes, it doesn't appear at this point that the exiled one will compete as an individual in the first IC(that really did not make any sense, imo!)

01-13-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Web Promo for Ep 1 -- another challenge?"
it doesn't appear at this point that the exiled one will compete as an individual in the first IC(that really did not make any sense, imo!)

And remember, the ChillOne was told that when Bruce returns from Exile Island he helps his tribe win the next challenge.

That punctures another hole in this idea. The consensus on all the boards is that the Zap2It article is just wrong, so I think we can forget about it.

01-14-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
15. "Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

I will comment on the new challenge shots in the challenge thread. But as for my other initial comments. Looks like the tribes will arrive already split into their 4 tribes, and arrive at their campsites via the boats.

ETA: As for the major find, look here:

The older women's camp has FIRE! They must have won a flint! Could they be our RC winners, the marathoner Ruth Marie pulls one out for the old ladies tribe?

01-14-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
Thanks FP: Now that we know the boats go in 4 different directions on arrival, we're back without a real timeline. The group picture and the start of the race may be later than first thought and may be to determine who picks the teams. I also note that before the start of the beach challenge, the older women brought their bags, so tree mail may instruct them to bring clothes at all challenges to be ready for exile.
We have to ask again; is the beach challenge for RC or IC?

It would be great to see Ruth Marie win the race but again since we only see her in the picture, it could've been taken later, once they're regrouped into 2 teams.

Unfortunately TDT's deductions were based on camp pictures taken after an initial RC, which determined the first exile, and before IC. Now we know they head first to their camp, so we can't say if Misty is first exile.

01-17-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
28. "More boats"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-06 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

Here the young men are disembarking from a smaller craft (? - at least it looks smaller to me), with one of the larger boats from the other promo next to it:

http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=188&pos=29

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-15-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"

The older women's camp has FIRE! They must have won a flint! Could they be our RC winners, the marathoner Ruth Marie pulls one out for the old ladies tribe?

Has there ever been an RC that utilizes just one member from each team at a point where there ARE teams? I thought team challenges used all the players, so maybe this could be the start of some type of relay race? Maybe each leg taking a lap around a predetermined area, or retrieving an object of some kind? Or no?

Also, since we have never had 4 teams before and if this is the RC, what would be the likelihood that maybe the first two teams might get a reward instead of just first place?

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-16-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
Interesting idea knuckles - I think that all members of the team have to compete in some way.
Also, I think that each place that a team comes in would get a corresponding value reward (sort of like the food reward last season) - with perhaps last place not getting anything, or having a member exiled. That way you still have the teams not just competing to be first, or not last, but competing to be second rather than third. Makes it more interesting.

01-16-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
Sorry knuckles, didn't mean to mislead you. I have no doubts that the other members of the tribes will most definately be involved in the challenge as well. Just meant to note that perhaps the marathon running Ruth Marie could be instrumental in their win. Perhaps the runners are going to gather things to bring back to the remaining members or it could indeed be some kind of relay race.

As for the tribes that finish 2nd and 3rd, perhaps they could win flint as well, BUT, in the past they typically give it to the first place winning tribe, and then by the 3rd or 4th day, they will be more generous with it. Were'nt all the tribes given flint though at the beginning of Guatemala??? How quickly we forget!

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-16-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
Were'nt all the tribes given flint though at the beginning of Guatemala???

If reports of some survivors not eating for 10 - 12 days are true then I would say that getting flint for fire is something you earn IMO. Speaking for myself, I would boil leaves or anything if I hadn't eaten anything for a few days.

And if we see a group with fire now, and again if it is true that one group does not eat for an extended period of time, then this group of women has a decided advantage over whoever else doesn't have fire.

01-16-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
Well Cap'n, we know that some of the tribes don't eat for 10-12 days, but the biggest thing is water. They could never survive without water for that long. For A$$ they told the Survivors at the start not to drink the water without boiling it first as they could get some horrific parasite that could make them incredibly sick....Rudy and Sue drank the water anyway, he he! But, because of the water thing, I think they'll all end up with flint by or during episode 2.....just my 2 cents...

01-16-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"

I'm having trouble with the tribes not eating for 10-12 days. We see one tribe chopping coconuts, and I think it is the same tribe that we think has flint. According to the promo, (I think it was the promo anyway, I saw it someplace though) the tribes are redistributed into two tribes during the second episode. Once this schoolyard pick 'em takes place and we have two tribes, why wouldn't they still have the coconuts? And wouldn't whoever had the flint before still have the flint? Surely they wouldn't take it away from the players. What would they say? PSYCH!!! NO FLINT FOR YOU!!! lol And I would also think there would have to be some kind of fruit or edible plant or something around there they could eat. Not eating for that long just doesn't seem to add up with having flint and forming two tribes in the second episode to me.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
I only say this because of what we are given...

What is the chance that:

Bobby gets sent to exile island??

I Only say this because well I dont see any buff at all on him.. It could be a lot of nothing, but hey i'll just throw it out there.

Bratz

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-16-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps, Ep 1"
Wasnt it stated somewhere that again this season there would be a hike/competition for camps? Flint included or not, it seems to me like this first challenge would be for the best camps perhaps with the most initial provisions, in order of placement in the challenge. Just my .02 cents

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Just a thought..."
Everyone is thinking that this "super hike 2" is immediately at the beginning. However, what's the point of picking campsites if they plan to immediately after 1 challenge turn the 4 tribes into the traditional tribes on the 2nd episode??? It would make more sense, if they're even going to have "super hike 2" to have it for either an Immunity Challenge, if they haven't had one already, or as the first Reward Challenge for the castaways as 2 tribes.

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

01-16-06, 08:00 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Just a thought..."
Yes Vince, you make some good points. Wickchix is the one who posted that there would be a superhike at the beginning of the show. Time will tell....doesn't make much sense imo as the 4 boats look like they are breaking off into 4 different directions, and we know that their camps will more than likely be on the beach somewhere....

01-17-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Just a thought..."
The superhike info seems pretty dubious now. At least one article said they start off with the Reward Challenge.

I think architecturegirl's idea that they are racing to see who gets which camp might be right. Any chance the race takes place ON Exile Island, and the exilee is then left there, while the others board the four boats that take them to their respective camps?

01-17-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Just a thought..."
Any chance the race takes place ON Exile Island, and the exilee is then left there, while the others board the four boats that take them to their respective camps

BR, you could be right. I just found these vidcaps:

This would SEEM to be the very beginning of the show. Perhaps the boats all take them to exile island(or challenge beach) for the first RC, which will be the challenge that starts out with the race. Note that all of the young guys in the above pictures are wearing the exact same thing that they are wearing in the woods challenge, what we think is the RC.

Then as you suggest, after the RC the loser tribe votes to have the first exiled one, then that loser stays on exile island, then the 4 tribes go on their way and then we see the vidcaps of the boats all separating to go in their different directions.

Makes sense BR.

01-17-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Just a thought..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-06 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

It would make sense from an efficiency standpoint -- for the first episode anyway, while there are four tribes. Why maneuver them all to one location (where, presumably none of their camps are) for a challenge, and then have to ship the exilee off to yet another location?

And the immediate abandonment would make the exile more "shocking" in a way: "Everyone else go to your camps; but YOU -- have to stay here until...WHENEVER."

ETA: Another possibility -- though I don't like this one as much -- is that there is a camp site at the end of the race, like in Palau -- which is the "best" camp site and is claimed by the tribe that wins the race. So that tribe stays there, while the other three tribes and the exilee depart on the boats.

Either scenario would explain how the four boats going in different directions could come after the reward challenge.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Just a thought..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-06 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

If it is as you spec, nice work btw, then we really have to study who is in camps and when they could be and who is on the boats here, to further try to figure it out--sorry I don't have these Survivors down yet, but are Misty, Austin, Bobby (all spec to be 1st exile) on these boats? FP..you're the queen of vidcaps!! whaddya think?

switched Austin for possible, see I told you I still have to figure these survivors out!!

01-17-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Just a thought..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-06 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

The boat in the foreground in Fp's caps has the young men's tribe: Bobby (green buff on head in the back), Nick (light green shirt), Austin (standing), and Aras (disembarking). The red shirt and white hat on the guy in the rear boat don't match anyone's clothes; he is probably a crew member.

01-18-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Just a thought..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-06 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

Just thought I'd put together some vidcaps....food for thought!
I think that the Survivors arrive via boat to one location, possibly exile island. We see the guys arriving, note that they already have their buffs, as Bobby is wearing his on his head.

We see the other tribes boat so we can assume that all the tribes are disembarking here. Then we note that in the cast photo that the guys that were wearing long pants are notably wet beyond the knee....so I can assume that the cast and tribe photos were taken soon after disembarking from the boats.

Note Aras' and Nick's wet pants at the bottom. The other tribe shots also show the survivors with long pants to have wet bottoms.

I am also assuming that the "woods challenge" takes place where they are shown to be disembarking, probably right after all of the cast photos were taken, as they are all in the same exact clothing.

Now, BR speculates that perhaps this first "woods challenge" is being held on Exile Island. I do like this spec, as I love the idea that the losing tribe immediately has to decide who will be exiled and while all the others get to return to their boats and go to their camps, the exiled one is immediately deserted....more dramatic, imo. So, with this scenario, we have the "woods" challenge, the exiled one is determined and left, while the others all go back on their boats and then we have the boats in the water shots, with them all breaking off in 4 different directions.

Now here is the pic of the young guys tribe disembarking:

Now pay particular attention to the background and how far away they are from the land in the background...
Now here are some shots from exile island:

Note that Exile Island is not that far off land as well! Now, pay particular attention to the shore on Exile Island, in the foreground of the island. Than compare that shore to this pic:

See the strange beach where Misty is sitting, and note that there is a ledge of beach behind her, as there seems to be in the shots of Exile Island....I am thinking that it is indeed possible that Misty could be our first exiled one and she is seen here stranded on exile island.

As I said, this is all food for thought. Emy, right now I take Austin's wet shirt hanging at the guys camp to mean that he has indeed returned to their camp. I also think Bobby is seen working at camp by that big tree, so I don't think that he is the first exiled one. I am really leaning toward Misty at this point. I cannot say for sure if the "woods challenge" takes place at Exile Island, but I am sure that they arrive to the site, get their pictures taken, then immediately have the "woods challenge" all in the same place. Then the loser tribe must vote for the first exiled one, and that person is immediately in exile.

ETA: This pic of Misty in her tribe/cast photo:

Please note that she indeed has the same clothes. In the tribe photo she's wearing her brown bathing suit top under her yellow shirt. While in the exiled photo of her, she has her blue buff around her(yellow tank top is off and hat is off), over her brown bathing suit top, same brown pants.

01-18-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
34. "Sounds Good!"
FP and BR: I think you have solved the timeline problem. So TDT's picture analysis would be valid and Misty is likely our first exiled survivor. FP: Your exile island beach analysis puts more weight to it!
Will Misty also be the first boot?

01-18-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Nice work, Fp! Especially on comparing Misty's beach to the Exile Island shots.

Will Misty also be the first boot?

I think it's a very good possibility, michel, if the young women lose the IC -- a) she won't have gotten to know the other three, who will have gotten to know each other; and b) she's already had a shot at looking for the individual II. Unless she found it and uses it, the others may as well get rid of her.

Unless one of the others is so abrasive as to merit getting booted first. CO's spoiler places Danielle and Courtney on the jury, so it would seem Sally is the only other possibility from that tribe.

But we still don't know which tribe is going to TC. I think we'll be getting more previews with hopefully some more clues.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Sounds Good!"
FP very good sighting that. It took me like 4 times to actually SEE the beach there... (Somehow that fake skull rock thing just always caught my eye somehow...)

Do we know why the young women selected Misty to stay? Maybe she was the one that lost the challenge for them?

BR- I think you are right on with your thinking.. And I'll even add the "common sense" factor too it. In the situation where you have a 25% chance to be booted. Little things like not being there become HUGE because no one wants to be the first one (or any in that matter) to be voted off. It is "easier" for the 3 girls to vote out Misty. And like you said unless one of them does something very outstanding she is the number one target.

Ok do we know what happens at the second episode? Can we figure out our boot based on that? We know these tribes of four can't stay forever. Is the tribe that lost one going to be the tribe that is split. (Because we are going to have 3 tribes then right?) Or would they merge the players based on "the similarities"? For example, the young girls loose they have an option on joining the older women (women) or the Younger Guys (Younger). Forcing the other tribes to join the same way.

I haven't read much about what happens after the first boot, but would that be something that could happen?

01-18-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Philly: They've let it be known that ep. 2 has a schoolyard pick'em to make 2 teams. Who chooses isn't known.

01-18-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here, it's a real pleasure to do it! Anyway, I wanted to add that I am in complete agreement with what BR has noted, regarding Misty's chances of being our first bootee as well. At this point I firmly believe our first boot will be a female, and not just because Wickchix has said so. Based on the vidcaps that we have so far, I really feel like the younger men are going to win the IC and I don't think the older men will lose(come in last). But as for pegging the younger girls to lose it....just can't say that yet. While we see the younger girls having trouble with the lane lines, and that can really screw up a team, we still see NOTHING of the older women's tribe during the challenge. I can not help but to wonder why? Could it be that they are so far behind that it would be a dead giveaway as to the losing tribe, perhaps?

Also wanted to add to BR's note regarding the CO spoilers. While Danielle and Courtney are speculated to make jury, so is Cirie and another blonde highlighted woman(which could be Sally, Melinda, Ruth Marie, or even Tina). Still waiting for more vidcaps to come!

01-19-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
41. "Didn't notice this earlier..."
I just was re-reading some of the early promo articles, and this sentence from the CelebritySpider article suddenly registered:

In the premiere episode, the four tribes will compete in a Reward Challenge where the losing tribe must decide which one of their tribe members will stay behind on Exile Island.

The wording bolsters the idea that the challenge actually takes place on Exile Island.

01-19-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Didn't notice this earlier..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

Yes, BR, it all fits! At first looking at the shots of Exile Island, I thought that perhaps the island appeared just too small to hold a challenge, but the more I look at the vidcaps of it the more I think that they are using some kind of funky lens to shoot it that has it appear much smaller than it really is....

Also wanted to add that that skeletal structure that they have there can and will be used as the exiled ones shelter. I think we have a good timeline as to how the events will unfold up through the TC...and I would bet that indeed Misty is our exiled one. Great spec everyone!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Didn't notice this earlier..."
FP I am officially changing your name to the Shell Answer Women.Whenever you need any answers to a Survivor question it can be found in a Flowerpower post. Thanks again for your great work.RedBeard

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Sounds Good!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

Flowerpower,

Do you suppose that the reason we don’t see the mature women in the water during what I think everyone now agrees is the first IC (but that we do see them talking with, presumably, Jeff on the beach) may be that the prior RC offered as its reward an initial Tribal Immunity? That, having won that contest, the ladies were afforded the luxury of being spectators at the next?

If not, please pardon me while I dream on for another week or so …

But, while that would explain their absence from the sea, I am still intrigued by the piece of cloth in Cirie’s hands. Because whatever it is, or whatever it is that she’s saying, is obviously embarrassing and/or annoying to her tribemates. Those are very tight smiles on RuthMarie’s and Melinda’s faces. And Tina seems to have suddenly found the ground at her feet … riveting.

And speaking of Tina (and of facial expressions), have you noticed the profoundly sad look on her face as she is carrying the palm fronds? As though a very painful thought or memory has crossed her mind? Perhaps I’m seeing things that aren’t really there, but it is incredible to me that this woman subjected herself to the emotional and physical challenges of Survivor only a week or so after the death of her young and only son. And while I am aware of the fact that Tina has, since her childhood, competed in a dangerous and demanding sport and that, as an adult, she does so for a living (and that a million dollars is a lot of money), I think that her presence in Panama was either very courageous or very foolhardy. Or both.

But she is a Scorpio, and indomitability is second only to genius in that Sign’s list of often-present strengths. I hope that she does well.

Happier thoughts and lighter questions:

The analyses that you and Brownroach have offered in this thread have been remarkable. It is amazing what I can see and how perfectly logical my conclusions become after I read the two of you. So, I wonder if we () know that the tribes (however they are constituted) vote fellow members into Exile? Because, while that scenario would certainly exacerbate internal tribal tensions, play havoc with internal alliances and insure the presence of internal skullduggeries at every Challenge (shredding, I think, the last remnants of the production’s tribal concept in the process), would it not also have a tendency to make Survivor’s bread-and-butter climatic moment (The Tribal Council) an anticlimactic relic?

I mean, how many times can a tribe speak before the money-in-the-bank drama of its having spoken goes glimmering?

But I will hasten to add that this Season seems to have been custom-cast to abet just such a scenario.

And do we () know yet where those Tribal Councils will be conducted? Is the skull edifice (can you just imagine how foreboding that thing would look if lit by a Tribal Council fire and torches!) that we see on Exile Island actually large enough to house them?

Or, if not, is it at least large enough to shelter one lone (and lonely) Survivor?

Because, if that monstrosity isn’t large enough to do either, if I were an Exile (and, therefore, probably an imminent discard) with flint, I sure know what I would use for firewood!

Note: I wrote this post early this morning and then got caught in the “Invalid Username” snafu. So, I was really glad to see your later post (and its observations about the size of Exile Island and of its resident bodyless headman) when I came home this evening.

And, do we () know why it appears that three of the four boats have passengers (presumably, Survivors) in their forward sections and the one in the far right of the photographs does not?

PS: We () now know that Shane’s “gash” is actually a surgical scar. But I don’t think that I would recommend his surgeon.

Artist: Alfred Gockel

01-19-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Sounds Good!"
I thought Timber Tina's son died just before shipping out for Survivor: Guatemala

01-19-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Sounds Good!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

Vince,

Thank you.

You're right, of course. Tina's son died on June 11, 2005.

And I apologize. Senility may be a whole lot worse than I thought it was going to be ...

But, you know ...

Even when you substitute 'only months or so' for 'only a week or so', the lady's participation in Survivor Panama is no less remarkable.

And wouldn't it have been fun to have seen Tina and Amy in the same cast? And the same tribe? I think that the two together would have (one way or another) written a bit of Survivor history.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-20-06, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Hi! As for your speculation that the older women winning immunity at the reward challenge, SurvivorFever has posted a photo showing the corner of a raft to the right of the older male tribe's raft. This probably means that the older women ARE competing in the immunity(?) challenge.

01-20-06, 09:13 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Hello, xwraith

And Survivor Fever may be right. But, as an older (much older than any of the female contestants in Panama) woman, I much prefer Flowerpower's observation:

While we see the younger girls having trouble with the lane lines, and that can really screw up a team, we still see NOTHING of the older women's tribe during the challenge.

Although, as an older woman, I can't say that I am equally fond of her speculation:

I can not help but to wonder why? Could it be that they are so far behind that it would be a dead giveaway as to the losing tribe, perhaps?

And it just seems strange to me that the shots of the tribes approaching the water, (in their lanes), omit the older women. Why would a photographer shoot them from a position between the two elder groups? Given that the pictures appear to have been taken before the Challenge began, the photographer would have no reason (at least, no politically correct one) to assume that the women were going to lose the impending contest and were therefore irrelevant to its beginning (or to its "walkthrough"). And, for the same reason (that they appear to have been taken before the Challenge began), what could they have revealed of its outcome that would have necessitated a 'crop' that removed the group?

In other words, I can't think of any reason for the ladies' absence from those pictures other than their absence from the Challenge. And I can't think of any reason for that other than Immunity.

Notes:

I didn't see VolcanicGlass' (see Post #40) graphic explanation of Cirie's 'piece of cloth' until this morning. Now we ()know that it's her hat.

And the 'empty' boat that I referred to is the one more correctly identified as the boat at the top of the group of four.

Whew ...

01-20-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Sounds Good!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-06 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Georgianna -- further to Flowerpower's and xraith27's responses, you can see here in the foreground that a post is set up with purple ropes around it, just as for the other tribes:

And here is the cap xraith is referring to, with the corner of the older women's raft just visible at the far left:

ETA: It's true that we don't actually see them *doing* anything in any caps but we know they are participating.

01-20-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Hi Georgianna! Well, I have a few answers to some of your questions...

may be that the prior RC offered as its reward an initial Tribal Immunity? That, having won that contest, the ladies were afforded the luxury of being spectators at the next?
Well, peeps are speculating that because there is definately smoke seen at the older gals camp, that perhaps they could be our winners of the first reward challenge, the "woods challenge" speculated to happen at Exile Island.

As for being spectators at the IC....don't think so. I think they will indeed be participating as a tribe.

While Bianca has speculated that that object in the water, just behind Bruce's right elbow could possibly be the red lane line, I just don't think so. I think it may be the tip of one of the older ladies paddles. I can see that there is a touch of splashed water in the foreground of it....

I am still intrigued by the piece of cloth in Cirie’s hands.

Thanks to Volcanic Glass for solving this mystery. That "piece of cloth" that Cirie is holding is her hat:

I wonder if we () know that the tribes (however they are constituted) vote fellow members into Exile

As a matter of fact we do know that the tribes that lose the IC will have to decide who out of their tribe will be exiled. This has been reported by the various articles that have been written. See the Celebrity Spider article here, and pay particular attention to the last paragraph.

And do we () know yet where those Tribal Councils will be conducted?
Well, over at Sucks they are speculating that the TC's will be held in a cave! They've got a nice collection of possible TC pics.

And, do we () know why it appears that three of the four boats have passengers (presumably, Survivors) in their forward sections and the one in the far right of the photographs does not?

Don't know about that one, Georgianna. I presume that the tribes are all there in these boats, minus one(the exiled one). We know that the boats do have crew members as well.

Hope this helps! And as you know, it's all spec!

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Sounds Good!"
FP, the first few frames of that rowing sequence show pretty clearly that what is behind Bruce is really the red lane marker.

I have not made vidcaps of that video yet, but here is a quick one of one of those frames.

01-21-06, 07:16 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Sounds Good!"
Thanks again, VG! I had not seen that vidcap at all, but clearly, the older guys are over the lane line...that will spell trouble for them...

01-20-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Sounds Good!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-06 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

Ok, in this scrambled thing I jokingly refer to as my mind, this all seemed like valid questions to me so I hope I can transcribe the thoughts the same way. So, chancing ridicule for being a boob, I offer the following.

Everything being speculated so far does seem to make perfect sense but it also leaves me with a few questions and maybe a different version. I agree with a lot of the analysis to date, but.......

Why are we so sure it is Misty left on Exile Island because of the picture at the strange looking beach? From the video, that is part of a confessional, which also contains confessionals from Shane, Austin, Terry, and Tina. All of them are talking about being left with no help, water, etc.

I know it has been said that we see pics of everyone at camp except for Austin and Misty, but what about some of the others that we see? For instance, we see Bobby sitting in front of a tree working on something, but do we know it was actually taken at his camp? We see Cirie at camp, but I don't think we have seen her do any work. Perhaps the pics of her in camp could be upon her return from the island after her team has built their shelter? Where is she in her teams boat? They don't seem too happy.

Maybe this is her alone on the island?

I have more questions but this is already too long. I want to ask one more thing though. Where the heck was this picture taken? Or more precisely, WHEN was it taken? It can't be the start of the water challenge because none of them look like they have any intention of getting near water any time soon. But what about the poles and flags in the background? Could it possibly be before the start of the race in the woods? And if it is, would that mean that the picture of Aras squatted, pointing, and directing someone else during a challenge is part of the woods race since the same flags are in the background of his picture? They are in the same clothes they had on when they first arrived at Exile Island, and they have what appear to be canteens on their shoulder so whatever it is from, it is before the first exile.

Is it at all possible they are not showing the older womens tribe in the water challenge because one of them is still on Exile Island? I know they are to return before the next challenge but could that not be the case sometimes? This promo transcript says "for an undetermined amount of time", so maybe it will be different lengths of time now and then with the exiled person returning only in time for TC if it is their tribe going.

I hope I did these pictures right so that you all can set me straight and get me thinking right again. lol As you can tell, people need to keep an eye on me.

01-18-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Just a thought..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

FP, you ARE the QUEEN OF VIDCAPS!!!

Great work. I agree that Misty is most likely our first EXILE and in turn, if younger women lose IC, as is being spec (or older women), then she would be logical first boot also!

Again, great work!

eta if it's the older women that go to TC (as you spec bc they may be soooo far behind to show them would be to give it away) then just on what I've read, it would likely be Melinda (Bride of Chucky--thanks pepe) bc she is a lot younger than Ruth Marie, Tina and Cirie and from what I recall there are spoilers that Ruth Marie and Cirie make the jury.

01-21-06, 07:21 AM (EST)
54. "One hour preseason show"
Roadfinder at sucks has reported this:

On a brief aside here, I've confirmed from my mom in Pennsylvania and from the TVGuide here in California, that the TVGuide Channel will indeed be running a one hour preview of Survivor: Panama this Sunday, January 22 at 8 pm, Eastern and Pacific.

Judging from past TVGuide Channel Survivor previews, it will be quite enlightening, perhaps with Jeff Probst taking us on a tour of the Tribal Council (a cave?), among other things.

01-21-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
55. "RE: One hour preseason show"
Thanks for the heads up...I just tivoed it bc I won't be home...will hopefully be celebrating a Steelers victory in AFC championship game!!!

Also I wanted to confirm the first ep. has made it to my tivo today and reads:

"A team member must stay in exile" The tribe losing the first Reward Challenge must choose a member to stay behind and cope alone on Exile Island.

01-21-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
56. "RE: One hour preseason show"
According to my Digital Cable, it will be on (at least here in PA) at the following times:

8:00pm Sunday
12:00 Midnight Sunday into Monday
1:00pm Monday and
10:00pm Monday

They'll probably show it more as we get closer to Opening Night.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •