The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ashford & Simpson???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ashford & Simpson???"
WTF...couldn't they find anyone else in Motown besides these two stiffs? Smoky Robinson? Aretha Franklin? Lionel Richie?

I would even take Nicole Richie...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? leogirl_21 03-30-04 1
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? I_AM_HE 03-30-04 2
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? popcorn_with_sam 03-30-04 3
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? J Slice 03-30-04 4
   RE: Ashford & Simpson??? ginger 03-31-04 17
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? dangerkitty 03-31-04 5
   RE: Ashford & Simpson??? niteowl 03-31-04 6
       RE: Ashford & Simpson??? I_AM_HE 03-31-04 7
       RE: Ashford & Simpson??? smiley 03-31-04 11
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? Asrai 03-31-04 8
 Stoned Again ElroyJetson 03-31-04 9
 No more guest judges! Please! AugustGirl 03-31-04 10
   RE: No more guest judges! Please! greenmonstah 03-31-04 12
       RE: No more guest judges! Please! applesugar 03-31-04 13
           RE: No more guest judges! Please! CantStandToLook 03-31-04 14
               RE: No more guest judges! Please! ginger 03-31-04 18
                   RE: No more guest judges! Please! CantStandToLook 03-31-04 22
               RE: No more guest judges! Please! ValleyGirl 04-01-04 25
           RE: No more guest judges! Please! ElroyJetson 03-31-04 15
               RE: No more guest judges! Please! ginger 03-31-04 19
               Ashford & Simpson AyaK 04-01-04 24
   RE: No more guest judges! Please! missygirl3 03-31-04 21
 RE: Ashford & Simpson??? Mizz Eve 03-31-04 16
   RE: Ashford & Simpson??? hunniebunns 03-31-04 20
       RE: Ashford & Simpson??? ginger 03-31-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-30-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
I don't even know who they are..!?!?!?!?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
you do NOT want Smoky Robinson. he was a judge last year and he was worse than Paula!!!

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-04, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
They made Paula look good.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"

That guy's hair?

OMG.

That was Billy Ray Cyrus bad.

The adventerously kinky Kittyloaf®: accept no substitutes.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
Clearly Ashford and Keith Carridine share the same stylist. Carridine's weave on Deadwood (he's Wild Bill Hickock) looks exactly the same.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-04, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
I think the Botox fairy got a wee bit over-zealous.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
My poor 11 yr.old daughter covered her eyes everytime he spoke! What's up with the eyebrows and the eye makeup? He reminded me of the Cowardly Lion!!!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
OMH!! LMAO! Botox fairy! Cowardly Lion!!! *gasping for air*

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-31-04, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
OMH that's hilarious!

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
I thought it was a little bit Dawn of the Dead meets AI, or a bad Michael Jackson Thriller video with AI guest judges!

Whatever it was, it was very scary!!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-31-04, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Stoned Again"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 06:49 AM (EST)

How stoned was Nickolas Ashford?? Man, his eyes were glassy and BLASTED. Anyone got a screen cap?

Just say no to one hit wonders

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "No more guest judges! Please!"
I hate the guest judge idea. They don't do anything but fawn over all the contestants and give out false praise. There is nothing constructive coming out of any of their mouths. I think the only one I liked was Gladys Knight from last year, but I don't even really remember anything she said, just that she called Reuben the "Velvet Teddy Bear". So, I think I liked her.

Please stop with the guest judges already!

However, I'm sure Simon appreciated being seated two down from Punching Paula.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
I think Elroy and Team Joisey would make great judges...

Or that fancy Mizz Eve...she has a glamourous screen name

applesugar 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-31-04, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applesugar Click to send private message to applesugar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
You guys are just to young to know who Ashford and Simpson are.
They had it going on in the Motown days and were very successful. I can agree that they are not very honest with there comments, though.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
I'm old enough to remember them but I agree there was nothing constructive about what they were telling the contestants. I thought last night was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I didn't like hardly any of the performances. The only ones that were remotely palatable were Fantasia and Latoya. It was just plain old dreadful IMHO.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

03-31-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
C'mon, you don't like George?

Just a little?

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
I like George but his voice is so scratchy it kinda hurts my ears...and what's with the bouncing...it's like he's stuck in one of those baby bouncers you hang from the door or something.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
Cantstandtolook:
I agree with your comments all except for one thing!!

Duke Wins!!!!!!!!!

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
According to www.allmusic.com (a GREAT site BTW) they were rather successful in the R&B genre. I only remember their hit Solid. It looks like their first big song was ironically called Let's go get stoned written for Ray Charles in 1966. I'm not making this up.

Just say no to one hit wonders

03-31-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
19. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

I think we have to give them credit. They were more than one hit wonders.

That being said, unless Johnny Rotten comes on and spits at the hopefuls, I want an end to guest judgery. It is too hard for them to be anything but nice. We already have an overabundance of treacle from Paula.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Ashford & Simpson"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

Guess us old-timers have to ride in again to talk about A&S.

Valerie Simpson was a HUGELY talented songwriter-singer. She was the first female songwriter signed by Motown. But she needed a lot of plastic surgery, if you know what I mean.

As a teenager, she partnered with the good-looking (at the time) singer Nick Ashford --- I always figured that he was with her because of her talent (even after her first plastic surgery, she was not attractive, although ultimately she ended up OK) and the fact that she was willing to make him appear as if he were talented, and she was with him because of his looks (because he was good-looking and had an OK voice, but she was superbly talented).

Motown signed Valerie, and then she ended up bringing Nick along as a writing team. They were the songwriting team given primary responsibility for the Marvin Gaye-Tammi Terrell duets ("Ain't No Mountain High Enough," "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing," "You're All I Need to Get By"), and they worked with Diana Ross when she quit the Supremes ("Reach Out and Touch (Somebody's Hand)"). Their single biggest-selling composition was probably "I'm Every Woman," which both Chaka Khan (in the 1970s) and Whitney Houston (in the early 1990s) turned into a hit. (Yes, I know Mizz Eve already said this, but hey, I hadn't read that far down the thread when I decided to respond. )

Eventually, Motown recorded Val as a fairly successful solo artist, but they wouldn't record the duet -- so the two of them jumped to WB, where they got married and became successful, if not record-setters, as a team. "Solid" was indeed their biggest hit, but they'd been stars for a decade by that time. They performed for Bill Clinton's inauguration in 1992 and for Nelson Mandela's 70th birthday in 1988.

It's no wonder that Ashford would try just about anything to hold onto his looks, now that you know that story, is it? Too bad he only succeeded in looking like Frankenstein.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: No more guest judges! Please!"
I agree Augustgirl. Just keep the 3 they have.

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
They're producers and songwriters. They wrote "You're All I Need To Get By" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" for Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell. They wrote "Reach Out and Touch" for Diana Ross. "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan and later Whitney Houston. They were part of Motown's heyday of the late 60s. Very fitting guest hosts for the theme. I think that all guest hosts tend to be nice to the contestants. Why should they be any different?

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
Holy Crap, Mizz Eve....I had NO idea they had written all those songs! I knew they were good but not that good.
I agree that I don't like the guest judges because they are going to be nice. I just don't see them lamblasting the contestants...they're going to find the good in the performance and capitalize on that...they have Simon and now Randy to be critical.

03-31-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ashford & Simpson???"
Thanking Mizz Eve for a more complete discography. There is a generational thing that results in people going Who Where Those Judges? and one decent subproduct of the AI juggernaut is that a smidgen of musical history education takes place.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •