The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What's for Dinner?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-01, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What's for Dinner?"
I especially like the last two lines of this article... this is a 'guideline' on how Survivor III contestants were supposedly told how to keep themselves alive in Kenya. Bon Appetit!

http://goafrica.about.com/library/weekly/aa280801a.htm

Survivor III in Africa!

Contestants were required to wear bells at all times

Due to the real possibility of encounters between lions and Survivor contestants, the Kenyan Fish and Wildlife Ministry issued strict guidelines for the filming of the hit CBS "reality TV" show. Chief among them was the requirement that all contestants were to wear bells at all times.

In a meeting with the show's producers and the 16 contestants before shooting began in Kenya's Shaba Game Reserve, ministry officials were adamant that everyone involved in shooting Survivor: Africa, including all the contestants, were to wear noisy little bells at all times, to avoid taking lions by surprise. They were also required to carry a canister of pepper spray, should they accidentally stumble across a lion while competing for the one million dollar prize.

At the meeting, ministry officials also explained that it was vital that the contestants always be on the watch for fresh lion activity, and be able to tell the difference between lion cub droppings and adult lion droppings. Assistants brought in samples of lion droppings, and explained the chief differences between adult and cub droppings: cub droppings are smaller, and contain berries and rabbit fur. Adult droppings have small bells in them, and smell of pepper.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What's for Dinner? PepeLePew13 09-11-01 1
   RE: What's for Dinner? katttywoman 09-15-01 2
       RE: What's for Dinner? desert_rhino 09-26-01 9
 RE: What's for Dinner? Survivorerist 09-15-01 3
 RE: What's for Dinner? Dalton 09-18-01 4
   RE: What's for Dinner? PepeLePew13 09-19-01 5
   RE: What's for Dinner? samiam 09-21-01 6
       Wine Guide PepeLePew13 09-21-01 7
 RE: What's for Dinner? Dakota 09-25-01 8
 RE: What's for Dinner? Lurking 10-01-01 10
   RE: What's for Dinner? PepeLePew13 10-01-01 11
       RE: What's for Dinner? Dakota 10-02-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-11-01, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
I was just thinking that they really missed a golden opportunity to score some great ratings for S3. They could have reverted to the old Roman traditions of the gladiator battles where the loser 'gets thrown to the lions' -- at each tribal council the person getting voted out could get thrown to the lions. Ka-ching! Imagine what the ratings would be like.

katttywoman 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katttywoman Click to send private message to katttywoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
Hmmm, too bad they didn't do this with some of the S2 contestants.

Is anyone else out there thinking Jerri?

Ha! Ha!

Meow to you too! >>^..^<<

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
HEY! Lay off Jerri, mmkay?

(oh, wait. Never Mind.)

-- JV

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-15-01, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
>>>cub droppings are smaller, and contain berries and rabbit fur. Adult droppings have small bells in them, and smell of pepper.<<<

Hahaha Pepe! That's really cute

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-18-01, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
That was really funny PePe and thanks for posting something to keep Bashers active til the real stuff comes along.

But I've got some "nature" theories about lions I'll pass along.
Once lions get a "smell" in the wind or a "taste" left on a bush; believe me they are going to stay as far away from that body-sweating, ass-stinking area of "human" habitat as possible!!! Think of it in terms of US wanting to spend time around an open, raw SEWAGE line that feeds into the city DUMP!!!

This is reality. The fact that Burn-it might bring somebody's tame, toothless lioness over in a trailer so he can get a teevee shot of one of his contestants in close proximity to a lion is ------well, "reality TV".

The only wicked/bent thought *I* had about hanging little bells around the contestants necks --- is that we MIGHT hear the "jingle-jangle-jungle" from inside the Tribal tents at night.....when a couple decides to play a round of the old game of "Me Tarzen-You Jane"!!! LOL.

Dalton

09-19-01, 07:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: What's for Dinner?"

>The only wicked/bent thought *I* had about hanging little bells
>around the contestants necks --- is that we MIGHT hear the
>"jingle-jangle-jungle" from inside the Tribal
>tents at night.....when a couple decides to play a round
>of the old game of "Me Tarzen-You Jane"!!! LOL.

LOL Dalton... I like that, "Me Tarzan-You Jane", or maybe a round of "Dr. Livingston, I presume?" where they then proceed to go play doctor...

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
"The only wicked/bent thought *I* had about hanging little bells around the contestants necks --- is that we MIGHT hear the "jingle-jangle-jungle" from inside the Tribal tents at night.....when a couple decides to play a round of the old game of "Me Tarzen-You Jane"!!!"

MY thought on this was hoping one of their little bell collars got caught on a tree, they got stuck, and then got mauled by a lion. Would make for great television, I'd think. But that's me.

09-21-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
7. "Wine Guide"
*Burp*

Well I got to thinking about what the lions would have with their dinner, keeping in mind that the contestants might be a little tough with daily exposure to the hot African sun drying up the skin quite a bit. Here are some wine possibilities:

For the delicate ladies, perhaps a well-aged, good-quality French Burgundy will be suitable.

A California Zinfandel might be good for the light-weight ones as the spicy-berry quality of the wine counterpoints the lightness.

Keeping in mind that some contestants may have pepper on them (from the pepper spray), they'll want a cool climate, medium-weight red such as Cabernet Sauvignon which has a low tannic, ripe and blackcurranty flavour.

To go with the big beefy guys, the lions will require a red with elegance on the grand scale such as a top Bordeaux from France or a first-flight California Cabernet Sauvignon. Beef demands elegant reds of good breeding.

Again, I say... Bon Appetit to the lions!

Disclaimer... if you are taking this seriously, then may I suggest a Botrytized sweet white California late-harvest Sauvignon Blanc and some cheese/crackers, and then take a breath.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-01 AT 01:17 AM (EST)

>At the meeting, ministry officials also
>explained that it was vital
>that the contestants always be
>on the watch for fresh
>lion activity, and be able
>to tell the difference between
>lion cub droppings and adult
>lion droppings. Assistants brought in
>samples of lion droppings, and
>explained the chief differences between
>adult and cub droppings: cub
>droppings are smaller, and contain
>berries and rabbit fur. Adult
>droppings have small bells in
>them, and smell of pepper.

ROFL

You're culinary expertise and advice to the lions is just as good. Great post!

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-01-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
>Adult
>droppings have small bells in
>them, and smell of pepper.

Why do adult lion droppings have small bells in them?

10-01-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
11. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
You might want to re-read the article in the original post on this thread. Lions are looking forward to their American contestant smorgasbord.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-01, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What's for Dinner?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-01 AT 01:38 AM (EST)

I think lurking posted that from work. Perhaps he/she should wait until after work when (s)he's awake.

Edited because I'm posting when I'm barely awake.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •