The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-28-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
After last nights episode my answer is a definite "no". The food looks terrible. The atomosphere is loud and tacky. Serving fried food in paper boats anywhere but in a fast food place is just cheap. How much do you think they are paying for those entrees? Since one table managed to run up a $400 check I'm guessing they are somewhat more than the Olive Garden.

Also, how much do you think Rocco is regetting his decision to do this TV show this morning? I would bet that, like so many reality TV stars before him, he thought he would come off looking good and his restaurant would be shown as a hip, in place to be. If that's the case, he obviously never watched Survivor to know what kind of devil he made the deal with. Kudos to Mark Burnett for remaining true and showing all the "fun" stuff and not turning this into an ad for Rocco.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... SurvivorBlows 07-28-03 1
   RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... AZ_Leo 07-28-03 2
   RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... SurvivinDawg 07-28-03 3
       RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... SurvivorBlows 07-28-03 4
           RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... AZ_Leo 07-28-03 5
               RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... SurvivinDawg 07-28-03 8
   RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... bole 07-28-03 6
       RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... AZ_Leo 07-28-03 7
           RE: Would you eat at "The Restauran... cqvenus 07-28-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
>How much do you think they are paying for those
>entrees? Since one table managed to run up a $400
>check I'm guessing they are somewhat more than the Olive
>Garden.

The menu (with prices) is on NBC.com:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Restaurant/menu.shtml

>Also, how much do you think Rocco is regetting his decision
>to do this TV show this morning

There was an article a week or two ago with Rocco saying he's glad the show filming is over, it's great publicity (this was before the show aired) but the camera crew were always in the way, disrupting the guests, etc.

My biggest issue was the fire extinguisher part -- I can't believe they continued to serve the food that was on the nearby counters (and by one staff member's mention, covered with fire extinguisher foam dust) to the customers. Ya, I've heard the restaurant horror stories and I could maybe see that happening in some crappy restaurant, but you'd like to think that wouldn't happen in a nice place, and certainly have to wonder what the hell were they thinking when the cameras were there to film it all.

My other ongoing issue is exactly what is Rocco's role in this place??? He's not the money man... he doesn't seem to be the head chef (did anyone actually see him cooking anything?) -- he admits he really doesn't know much about cooking Italian food -- he seems to be little more than a figurehead. And what qualifies his mother to be a "head chef" -- what's her background? Why would a 78 year old woman want to deal with this? Does she actually do anything other than preparing the meatballs?

-SB

07-28-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
After checking out the menu I'm definitely not making reservations any time soon. $20 for Chicken Parmigiana? And that probably doesn't include any sides, salad, etc. And what kind of fish is porgy? I also doubt they are moving much octopus at $25 a shot.

In the first episode Rocco came out looking stressed. Last night he looked like a jerk. His cluelessness about why people where upset and crying after being fired or warned they would be fired confirmed that. I believe he is also responsible for making the place and staff look as cheap and tacky as possible (wasn't the bad hair day his idea, he seemed very excited about it). Granted, my concept of good italian food and ambiance is shaped by living in Boston for over a decade so maybe I'm biased.

I'm looking forward to any interviews he gives now.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
Just so ya know... the ingredients of most "dry chemical" fire extinguishers... is nothing but baking soda and some inert ingredients to keep it dry.

It's edible, too. Once, at a hospital where I worked during the summer, they had the required fire training. After everyone had used the extinguisher, I stunned them by taking some of the powder on my finger and licking it (yes, I read the label first).

As to restaurants and what they serve... you may not want to know. I've heard many stories of French restaurant waiters spitting in the soup of American patrons (and, seeing the anti-American actions of France vis-a-vis Iraq, I really want to believe these stories). And yes, many restaurants, American ones too, they'll serve just about anything, even if it hit the floor on the way to the table!

Those Cajun "delicacies" like blackened swordfish... came to be because they kept burning the food at this restaurant... so they just called it "blackened" and actually started feeding it to the guests!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
I as said, I'm well aware of the restaurant kitchen horror stories -- and I don't know what bringing the French into this has anything to do with it, I've heard dozens of horror stories stateside and certainly don't need to go overseas to get them.

My point was how stupid are you to do that when there are cameras watching that are planning on airing their footage all across the country???

07-28-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
Also on the fire extingusher: where exactly was it? Shouldn't they be keeping it in the kitchen? After all, they apparently have a wood burning oven as well as the grills. And why did it take 3 people to find it?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
It's amazing what happens when people suddenly go into a panic.

A fire extinguisher can be in plain sight, and everyone know exactly where it is... but when a fire actually breaks out people will suddenly be unable to find it.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

bole 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-28-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bole Click to send private message to bole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
I can't say that I definitely wouldn't eat at the restaurant. We can't really judge or criticize this place when we have never experienced it first-handedly. We all know what editing does to a show. They show all the bad parts and make it worse than it really is!

07-28-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-03 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Point taken. If someone I really wanted to spend time with insisted on going and would pick up the check I would possibly go (although I might question their taste).

Edited to add that I am enjoying watching the show. It's been added to my short list of must see reality TV for the summer along with Amazing Race and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Would you eat at "The Restaurant"?"
I'm going to try to go some time this year just to confirm my suspicions of how stupid it is. I can get the same crap at a pizzaria from a *REAL* Italian (not Rocco the Clueless) and it will taste better, cost less, and be handed to you by someone in attire similar to the wait staff at Rocco Overpriced Bistro.

If I ever get in, I'm ordering bread and water and I'm going to just steal other people's food that they don't want wrapped to go. I'll let you guys know how it all is.

~ cq

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •