The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-24-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two

1. LaToya London
LaToya earns Diva of the Week in Week Two for a risky move that paid off. Strutting around the stage in strappy black spike heels, and singing the most country-fried tune of the night, LaToya lit up the place in a way I didn’t think she was capable of. And her button front denim dress was simultaneously sexy and family friendly. You go, girl!

2. Jennifer Hudson
Despite getting no love from Simon yet again, Jennifer gave a classy performance full of heart and attitude. Her newly-straightened hair was lovely, no doubt, and made her look noticeably thinner (though I worry it made her look a bit too cookie-cutter dull. At least the mushroom puffball was distinctive and memorable.) Her outfit (a white shirred tank, white shirt, long brown leather coat, tight blasted jeans, and pointy tan heels) was a complete success (though I again worry the stylists are removing her uniqueness completely.) Can’t she be stylish without losing her edge? And will Simon ever notice that she is light-years better than most of these losers? I hope she gets another week to prove herself.

3. George Huff
I have no idea what Simon was smoking this week when he criticized George’s look. George’s image and toned-down theatrics were simply impossible to fault. In a black shirt, black trousers, and a buttery caramel leather coat, he was cutting edge class. (And love his voice or hate it, you can never complain that he is holding back. It’s 100% all the time for George, and I love that.) Listen to me, George, when Simon tells you to adapt a style like Ruben did… Ruben of the tent-sized jerseys, profuse sweating, and ridiculous jaunty hats… run screaming from that advice.

4. Jasmine Trias
Talk about surprise value! After blowing us away in week one, Jasmine seemed like a sure bet this week. Imagine my shock when her tone-deaf rendition of 'Breath' became this evening’s stinker performance. Why then, you ask, is she so high on my list? Well, folks, newsflash, my rankings are based on image! Jasmine was easily the most glamorous and lovely contestant to grace the stage, and even while she belted clunker notes that made my cat wince in pain, the radiant smile on her face seemed to say: “you love me anyway, don’t you!” Her tight red gown, with subtle layers of ruffles, and a gathered flower at the breastbone, was simply stunning. With your TV set on ‘mute,’ Jasmine is the next American Idol by a landslide!

5. Fantasia Burrino
Homegirl is going to continue to sink on my lists as long as she maintains her disrespectful cocky attitude. This week, her attempts to “put Simon in his place” earn her another Attitude Adjustment. Has she not learned? A true Diva has attitude… but also knows when it is classier just to take your lumps with a smile. Not every comment requires a defensive reply, dear. On the plus side, the vocals were smoother and warmer than previous. (Though, by the way, I agree with Simon that the black lowcut backless sequined gown seemed out of place and stodgy on her.)

6. Jon Peter Lewis
Last year we had K-Lo, and this year Jon Peter Lewis (or ‘JPL’) earns Diva Points for being the first contestant to inherit a catchy moniker. He is certainly lucky to have also inherited loyal fans who will pull him through despite this week's embarrassing debacle. In a brown vertical striped shirt (layered oddly over a grey, burgundy and white ringer T) and dark slacks, JPL was simply dull as toast. And, I admit, so were his vocals. I hate to say it, but I miss the dancing. At least it was entertaining.

7. Amy Adams
After last week’s wretched performance, Any needed a miracle to survive this week, and she may have found it in the healing power of country music. In fact, Amy is easily this week’s Most Improved. Looking Nashville-chic in her pink sequined geometric-patterned top (with sash waist) and dark jeans, she unashamedly twanged and yodeled her way through the most entertaining number of the night. And her newly-darkened hair framed her face better and made her eyebrows less stark.

8. Diana Degarmo
Urgent Bulletin: American Idol Finalist attacked and mauled by grommet gun. News at eleven.
This week, cloyingly-cute Diana was seen in a ridiculous overly-grommetted pink jacket, a white beaded pageant blouse that emphasized her baby-fat, pink stiletto heels, and a raw edged denim asymmetrical skirt. It’s a good thing the girl can sing. I think that just about says it

9. John Stephens
In this paragraph I plan to say everything there is of interest in John’s performing skills, image and attire.

The end.

10. Matt Rogers
Okay, viewers, this simply isn’t funny anymore. Matt Rogers has stunk up my screen long enough! (If he lasts until final four like Josh Gracin did last season, I swear I’ll slit my wrists.) This week, he crooned his way through a performance so cheesy I gained 3 pounds watching it. I will give him one positive this week though, at least his black shirt and dark jeans were somewhat slimming.

11. Camille Velasco
Camille was a complete wreck this week, and I’m beginning to think she is simply unsalvageable. Where do I start… first of all, girlfriend needs to realize that if she’s going to sit through half the number, with horrible slump-shouldered posture, she needs to wear something that will cover her not-so-tight belly. The lime-green cropped tank and low cut jeans were simply frightful, I’m afraid, and the distressed white jacket didn’t do her any favors either. Next… the hair. Frightful yet again. She’s had it straightened, and obviously had some tracks added which hardly matched her natural hair in color or texture. Meanwhile, her huge hoop earrings stuck out ridiculously. All this, and I’m not even mentioning her sleepy potsmoker eyes, nervous warbling demeanor, and the lame rainbow sweatband. And, worst of all, she totally massacred ‘Desparado,’ breathing in the middle of words and phrases, and mis-accenting right and left. Who is voting for her anyway? This girl has got to go… yesterday.

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned a$$.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Cumulative Rankings:
1. LaToya London 1.5 (2, 1)
2. Jasmine Trias 2.5 (1, 4)
3. George Huff 3 (3, 3)
4. Jennifer Hudson 3 (4, 2)
5. Fantasia Burrino 5 (5, 5)
6. Jon Peter Lewis 6 (6, 6)
7. John Stephens 8 (7, 9)
8. Diana Degarmo 8.5 (9, 8)
9. Amy Adams 8.5 (10, 7)
10. Camille Velasco 11 (11, 11)
11. Matt Rogers 11 (12, 10)

Deceased:
Leah LaBelle (8)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... Breezy 03-24-04 1
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... L82LIFE 03-24-04 2
   RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... ElroyJetson 03-24-04 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... Tiger Lily 03-24-04 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... dangerkitty 03-24-04 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... Mysterious Jedi 03-24-04 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... TeamJoisey 03-24-04 7
   RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... So_Opinionated 03-25-04 18
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... Chrissy gal 03-25-04 8
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... qwertypie 03-25-04 9
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... greenmonstah 03-25-04 11
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... frisky 03-25-04 12
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... strid333 03-25-04 13
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals... anotherkim 03-25-04 14
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... Puffy 03-25-04 15
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... So_Opinionated 03-25-04 19
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals... I_AM_HE 03-25-04 20
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... realityshownut 03-26-04 21
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... DoodleBug 03-26-04 22
   RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals... ginger 03-26-04 23
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week ... AugustGirl 03-28-04 24
 Wooohooo! moonbaby 03-28-04 25
 RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals... pityme 03-29-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Yeah!! Man I've missed these. We do really miss you over at Survivor Bashers, Larry.

Favorite parts....
9. John Stephens
In this paragraph I plan to say everything there is of interest in John’s performing skills, image and attire.

The end.

11. Camille Velasco
All this, and I’m not even mentioning her sleepy potsmoker eyes, nervous warbling demeanor, and the lame rainbow sweatband.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Wow, I feel like a hype who just got a fix! Larry, I've missed you.

As usual, you're spot-on with your comments and hilariously funny. Oh, and I did vote for Jennifer Hudson last night, just for you!

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-24-04, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
With your TV set on ‘mute,’ Jasmine is the next American Idol by a landslide!

<snort!>

Larry, if you are only doing one show this year, do this one. Survivor is so played this year! But we'd like ya to do both

Has to clean the soda off his monitor now

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-24-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Simply awesome. Your comments about John Stevens... LMAO.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-24-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
I'm soooo glad you're here, Larry! Hope you are well.

And what a Journal! Gems, every one. I'll capture several faves here, but rest assured there were many more lines that I was equally enamored of! You, sir, are simply awesome.

At least the mushroom puffball was distinctive and memorable.

Listen to me, George, when Simon tells you to adapt a style like Ruben did… Ruben of the tent-sized jerseys, profuse sweating, and ridiculous jaunty hats… run screaming from that advice.

even while she belted clunker notes that made my cat wince in pain, the radiant smile on her face seemed to say: “you love me anyway, don’t you!”

EVERY LINE you wrote for John, Camille, Diane and Matt.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Yes! Yes! Yes to everything! I completely agree with you, Larry! It's great to have you back. I love your writing and always look forward to reading what you have to say.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-24-04, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
All the things I dislike about Larry:

The End.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-25-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
My compliments exactly.

You're hearted here LOL

So Opinionated

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-25-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Great commentary Larry!! Your observations were dead on!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Oh how I missed you. As I watched the Bachelorette (I'm ashamed to say)and suffered through Meredith's outfits, I kept thinking to myself "What would Larry Say?" Please say you'll do the TARGAY journals again.

Loved your comments about Simon and George
Listen to me, George, when Simon tells you to adapt a style
like Ruben did… Ruben of the tent-sized jerseys, profuse sweating, and ridiculous jaunty hats… run screaming from that advice.

Actually they were all very good and pithy. And fear not, it looks like you don't have to slit your wrists as Matt is no more.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
This was one of the funniest things I have read. Please do not stop writing them. Ever!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
> John Stephens
>The end.

*snort* You nailed it, Larry. *headbutt*

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-25-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Yipee! I love these journals! If I were to send tapes of Canadian Idol in the summer, would you critique them, too? lol

Three is the perfect number.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"

I agree with everything, but I also think that Jennifer was having trouble with the heels. She looked wobbly.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--perhaps she's a bit top heavy in stilettos?

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Imagine my surprise to stumble over to this forum and find your Gay Idol Journal. Puffy is clapping her hands wildly!! I had read your journals about Survivor and TAR and wondered where you were. Thanks!

I so love my new sig pic courtesy of JSlice

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-25-04, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
You again have hit the nail on the head.

I love my girl Fantasia but she is going to lose out if she continues to come across arrogant. I do think she's just playing with Simon but to toot your own horn with "I proved I could cross over" Girl, you are doing too much. THe public will prove that you think too much of yourself and turn against you. Help her Larry. The family curse is out there and she needs to take heed witht he attitude thing. My girl can blow though.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
great job Larry! LOL at your comments on John Stevens

realityshownut 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-26-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshownut Click to send private message to realityshownut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Hi Larry. Your synopsis is great and are dead on. You should be on the panel of judges I'm new to Reality TV World and I'm glad I've come across your commentaries. Keep up the good/funny job!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
I love you. What a fantastic read! You better be back each week, hon, cuz you are a riot!!

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
You are so much better than the actual show.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
Yay! Larry is back!

Everything was dead on, especially this gem:

John Stephens

The end.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-04, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Wooohooo!"
Nice to see you here Larry!

pityme 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pityme Click to send private message to pityme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week Two"
you are probably the best writer in this forum. no one else can write as clearly as you can. you hit the spot perfectly.
but i don't think jennifer looked better with a straight hair. maybe different but definitely not better. it seems that her round chin does not suit the long hair.
as for diana, while she is too conservative with her get-up, she looked better last week. she looked sweeter and definitely more graceful.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •