The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dress for success....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-04, 03:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail subman Click to send private message to subman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dress for success....."
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 03:57 AM (EST)

To me. it seemed like role reversal time this episode with respect to how each team dressed during the challenge. The women, not wanting to be perceived as "pimping" themselves to sell product, dressed down. On the other hand, the men with Raj as their guru, spiffed up their appearance and looked more professional. Obviously, this group had seen last year's shows and were aware of the negative comments directed towards the women about using sex to sell. Last year, the women would have let it all hang out (literally) and won this challenge hands down. Besides the logistics problem the women had with their carts, why did that change this time? Should the women have worn halter tops and short shorts? Does anything go in these challenges? Have the women become gun shy to display their sexuality because of last year's show? Let's stop cryin about what's his name gettin the axe and have a meaningful discussion? Women, where are those snarky comments about these fashion-challenged ladies? I'll start:

1. Were those gladiator sandals I saw one of em wearing?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dress for success..... PyroStock 09-17-04 1
   RE: Dress for success..... kidflash212 09-17-04 3
 RE: Dress for success..... anotherkim 09-17-04 2
   RE: Dress for success..... CantStandToLook 09-17-04 4
   RE: Dress for success..... frodo2 09-17-04 5
   RE: Dress for success..... Captain_Savem 09-17-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PyroStock 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 05:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PyroStock Click to send private message to PyroStock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dress for success....."
Last year none of the women knew how successful Apprentice1 would become later. So they probably were more interested in winning the game than anything. Now due to the success of the show I'm guessing the women are more concerned about how other potential employers and clients perceive them than the slim chance they have at trying to win Trump's game at this stage.

Trump did not know how successful the Apprentice1 would be either. And when the Apprentice1 women constantly sold sex and won I'm guessing he became worried that the target market of his show would lose interest due to the redundancy and simplicity. So eventually the women were scolded & told to use other tactics. Now that Trump knows the success of Apprentice1 and how some professors scolded his 'sex sells' episodes, I was not surprised to hear him defend and support the strategy. For ratings, I bet he is praying at least some of these women try it or go overboard so he can have a juicy boardroom scene.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dress for success....."
Speaking of dress - the one candidate - Maria - who taught her how to dress? Her outfits so far have almost been as unbusinesslike as Raj's clown outfit in the first episode. That frilly pink jacket last night was better suited for a nightclub than a boardroom.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dress for success....."

the women are still dressing for TV. Wasn't Jennifer wearing a freaking strapless dress for the challenge? WTF was up with THAT? And the stilettos?

The women struggling with the pushcarts while wearing the "fvck me pumps" was too delicious for words. They deserved to lose.

--and Bradford deserved to be booted. Allis right with the world.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dress for success....."
lol..I agree with Akim of course...but dress schmess...

These ladies (and Bradford isn't excluded) didnt think they would need a permit to sell in front of the TKTS booths. "We're on a Reality Show so we can do what we want, when we want, where we want, and flaunt all laws and regulations." They deserved to lose because for all the ice cream research and other planning..they didn't even consider that there might be regulations they'd have to follow with the City to sell on the street. Might as well backed up the station wagon and sold homemade hotdogs out of the trunk.

All that said, they didn't show whether the other team got their permit but seeing as the women DID mention they had to go get a permit...sounds like the guys at least checked local laws and regulations first and were prepared. Let's not forget the only reason it would appear that the women got carts anyway was because the guys foolishly left out their business plan and gave them the idea. Apex simply wasn't prepared or organized from the jump in this case and deserved to lose.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
If he drew a rainbow, I would have thought he was a twelve-year-old girl.~Debs FLOM Summary

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dress for success....."
What do fvck me pumps look like? I'd like to know, as obviously it would make approaching women with a higher success rate more possible.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-17-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dress for success....."

"The women struggling with the pushcarts while wearing the 'fvck me pumps' was too delicious for words. They deserved to lose."

Were they wearing clear heals?

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved U.C.B. Local #69
"Blood is thicker than water, but that blood is watered down." ~ Nakomis

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •