The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

bdsmom 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-31-04, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdsmom Click to send private message to bdsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Oh my God! No pun intended, How hard it was to watch those two being so much in love with themselves tonight.
They are so immature and need to go home and buy a big huge mirror and just stand in front of it for a while.
I would love for just one episode for God's name to be left out of it. I have nothing againts God, but please give me a break. Did you see their faces when they realized that they were gonna have to have their head shaved. Priceless.
I don't know but maybe one of this days Nicole will realize that she is going out with a wimp. I hope for her sake that she never has to face a life and death situation because Brandon would not be her savior. Did you hear his response when she was in the train and she shouted :" they are pushing me away"
His answer:"Lord help her".
And it was so obvious that she was happy to be eliminated. She had a big smile on her face, now did you see the change in her smile when Phil said that they were still in it. Brandon was happy but she wasn't. I bet you they'll be the one to go next week, because I don't think she'll do anything too sexy (like the twins) God forbides!!!!
Other than that as much as I hate Colin he actually sounded human tonight which was nice much to my surprise, but from the previews on next week, that may all change.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Moved to Bashers IceCat 08-31-04 1
   RE: Moved to Bashers KMan 09-01-04 11
       RE: Moved to Bashers nailbone 09-02-04 40
           RE: Moved to Bashers KMan 09-02-04 41
               RE: Moved to Bashers HistoryDetective 09-03-04 47
 RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... sandwench 09-01-04 2
 They're not going anywhere yet (IMO... realitybites 09-01-04 3
   RE: They're not going anywhere yet ... Urban_Kitten 09-01-04 4
   RE: They're not going anywhere yet ... EnglProf 09-01-04 25
       The religious thing realitybites 09-01-04 27
           RE: The religious thing toddE 09-01-04 36
               RE: The religious thing HistoryDetective 09-02-04 39
 RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... aquariaqueen 09-01-04 5
   RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... HowdyPartner 09-01-04 7
 Fast Forward was meant for Marshall... mikey 09-01-04 6
   RE: Fast Forward was meant for Mars... emydi 09-01-04 8
       RE: Fast Forward was meant for Mars... missygirl3 09-01-04 10
           RE: Fast Forward was meant for Mars... realityshowgeek 09-03-04 44
   RE: Fast Forward was meant for Mars... HistoryDetective 09-01-04 9
 RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... Gina99 09-01-04 12
   RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... HowdyPartner 09-01-04 13
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... reversehalo 09-01-04 14
           RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... Urban_Kitten 09-01-04 15
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... ElroyJetson 09-01-04 18
           RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... bdsmom 09-01-04 16
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... HistoryDetective 09-01-04 19
                   RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... ElroyJetson 09-01-04 22
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... Urban_Kitten 09-01-04 34
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... teesosh 09-04-04 52
 RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... foonermints 09-01-04 17
   RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... ginger 09-01-04 20
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... foonermints 09-01-04 21
           RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... ElroyJetson 09-01-04 23
               That? moonbaby 09-01-04 26
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... Urban_Kitten 09-01-04 35
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... Dizwiz 09-01-04 37
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... PhillyDon 09-01-04 24
           Nicole is a spoiler,... how did she... ivoryElephant 09-01-04 28
               RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did... ginger 09-01-04 29
                   RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did... bdsmom 09-01-04 30
                       RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did... aquariaqueen 09-01-04 33
               RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did... ElroyJetson 09-01-04 31
                   no sarcasm detectors here lol ivoryElephant 09-01-04 32
 RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... tripsonsticks 09-02-04 38
   RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... friedheine 09-02-04 42
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... FesterFan1 09-02-04 43
           RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... friedheine 09-03-04 46
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... Mr Canuck 09-03-04 45
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... HistoryDetective 09-03-04 48
       RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... NoParole 09-03-04 49
           RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... sisterwoman 09-04-04 50
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... foonermints 09-04-04 51
               RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go..... NoParole 09-05-04 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-04, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Moved to Bashers"
... from Fanatics.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Moved to Bashers"
Why was this moved to Bashers? According to this website:

"This board is for those who came here because the show "sucks" and would like a place to bash it."

Perhaps bdsmom likes the show but wants to rant about certain aspects of it. If that's the case, then her message would not belong on bashers. Either the caption to the board should be changed or the post should have been left on fanatics.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Moved to Bashers"
KMan, if you bash the show or anything or anyone on the show, it goes in Bashers.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Moved to Bashers"
Then they should change the caption of the board. It seems to indicate that you should only post here if you think the show "sucks." The reality is that if you're watching the show on a regular basis you probably don't think it sucks.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Moved to Bashers"
I agree! I think the distinction falls on a fine line sometimes. I absolutely love the show (so much that I got my friends and parents to become fans as well). Even though I am a huge fan, I still think it is possible to critique individual players without expressing disrespect for the show itself.

sandwench 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sandwench Click to send private message to sandwench Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Out of all the people in the race they were the worse ones to be given the fast forward challenge of shaving their heads. Their looks are their bread and butter so I can totally understand why they would turn it down. If they lose the race, what then? How the heck would they get work if they were bald, especially Nicole?

It would have been better if it was Chip and Kim since Chip is already bald.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-01-04, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "They're not going anywhere yet (IMO)"
More than ever I think Bran & Nic are your winners. This is the network that showed "Touched by an Angel" for 9 seasons and is currently running "Joan of Arcadia". Some of the fans of those shows are watching this one, and they won't take too kindly to the team that wears their faith like a technicolor dreamcoat being eliminated or even finishing less than first.

Also, they have things they WOULD NOT do, even for a chance at $1 million, so if they should happen to win, that would be a compelling story.

About the train... I blame the producers (again). I can't believe they made them get on another packed Indian train after what happened last season. But they did, so. The best thing would have been to have Brandon, the camera crew, and whatever security was around surround Nicole. But they wouldn't have gotten such precious shots that way. Second best would have been to have Brandon surround Nicole, but that might have made her uncomfortable in a different way.

The one thing I've learned, and the racers are learning, is to not pick petty fights in foreign countries. If you have lots of time or money, you can get by with it (maybe). But these racers have neither, so they're all going to look a little wimpy. If Brandon were a real man, he would have made it up to Nicole somehow. Unfortunately, it probably won't be televised.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: They're not going anywhere yet (IMO)"
Hair grows back, no? Jeez, it's not like there aren't any models with short hair on the planet. I enjoyed the irony of watching Nicole's vanity turn on her in the train - she was melting down under the stares of her co-passengers.
Time to go....

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-01-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: They're not going anywhere yet (IMO)"
More than ever I think Bran & Nic are your winners. This is the network that showed "Touched by an Angel" for 9 seasons and is currently running "Joan of Arcadia". Some of the fans of those shows are watching this one, and they won't take too kindly to the team that wears their faith like a technicolor dreamcoat being eliminated or even finishing less than first.

I don't see what this has to do with anything at all and frankly, this is just plain ridiculous. The network's programming over the years has no impact or connection to this reality tv show.

Actually, I don't even get your point. Are you saying that they filmed this whole season, but only decided to show it because Brandon and Nikki won (thus appealing to a religious audience?) Are you saying the show somehow helped Brandon and Nikki win because otherwise the religious audience would be upset? Or are you saying that they are editing in all of Brandon and Nikki's comments because they turn out to be the winners and they know this will appeal to the religious audience?

Furthermore, you are grossly generalizing about the CBS audience. Joan is watched by a secular and non-secular audience alike. It is fantastically popular among people who aren't in the least religious. (Do you even watch Joan?) I, myself, love Joan, and am not at all religious. (In fact, I am turned off by the extent to which Brandon and Nikki discuss their religion).

So your premise is flawed. If B and N win, it's not because of the CBS audience. *We* have nothing to do with who wins.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "The religious thing"
I'm going to go through EnglProf's post point by point, and I should warn everyone not going to be very exciting reading.

>More than ever I think Bran & Nic are your winners....

<snip>

>I don't see what this has to do with anything at
>all and frankly, this is just plain ridiculous. The
>network's programming over the years has no impact or
>connection to this reality tv show.

Actually, on virtually all the other shows I've seen, I would agree with you - editing plays virtually no role, and whomever wins wins.

However, this time around, they've emphasized Brandon & Nicole's religious comments SO much that I'm starting to think there's a connection.

>Actually, I don't even get your point. Are you saying
>that they filmed this whole season, but only decided to
>show it because Brandon and Nikki won (thus appealing to
>a religious audience?) Are you saying the show somehow
>helped Brandon and Nikki win because otherwise the religious
>audience would be upset? Or are you saying that they
>are editing in all of Brandon and Nikki's comments because
>they turn out to be the winners and they know this will appeal
>to the religious audience?

Short answer: No. No. Yes.

Longer answer:

1) They were going to show this season regardless of who won, or what happened. The things that happened during the season influences the "slant" they put on things (editing).

2) I firmly believe the show and its producers are not biased in any way toward any team. If I didn't believe it, I would stop watching.

3) The other reason why WRP is putting in those comments by B&N is because this is who they are, which would mean they made lots and lots and lots more religious comments that DID NOT make it to the screen. It could have happened that way, but I'm guessing that the editors collected many (if not most) of their comments and stirred them into these episodes for a reason.

>Furthermore, you are grossly generalizing about the CBS
>audience. Joan is watched by a secular and non-secular
>audience alike. It is fantastically popular among
>people who aren't in the least religious. (Do you
>even watch Joan?) I, myself, love Joan, and am not
>at all religious. (In fact, I am turned off
>by the extent to which Brandon and Nikki discuss their
>religion).

First, I agree that B&N have talked about their religion a lot, and I too am getting weary of it.

Second, I can't say that I've ever watched "Joan of Arcadia", so I'll defer to you as far as its true themes and appeal.

But as for overgeneralizing, I don't see it. I said:

a) that CBS has had some shows with religious themes over the years,
b) some of the viewers of those shows also watch TAR, and
c) some of them are not likely to be happy if the most obviously religious team is eliminated.

I would say that all of those are safe statements, for whatever it's worth. CBS has a variety of shows, and each of those shows appeals to a multitude of groups - the mix is a little different for each one, but it's a mix for all of them, nevertheless.

>So your premise is flawed. If B and N win,
>it's not because of the CBS audience. *We* have
>nothing to do with who wins.

I agree with you here. Neither CBS nor its audience has anything to do with who wins.

BUT... how the winners and non-winners are slanted, that's in the hands of WRP. Who is paid by CBS. Who wants to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

I've merely been postulating a theory here, and we will see in three weeks (or less) how much merit it has.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The religious thing"
I swore I was off this show and these boards after Shmirna bit the dust, but here I am to say that I totally agree with everything Reality Bites said, and more so! Except saying that editing plays no part. Editing is often a total giveaway of the outcome. In Survivor, although obviously outcome is known before airing begins, the editing is everything in determining who will be voted out each week.

If there is any reality show I have wondered about (in terms of producers influencing outcome) it is this one. Why in the world would they previously decide to schedule two non-elimination episodes in a row?

If I were really suspicious I would think that the producers didn't realize how popular Charla and Mirna would be with the viewing public, so they switched the non-elimination. I don't really think that happened, but I can't say I'm certain it didn't. And if the hapless twins had lost again, would they have not been eliminated again? Of course we'll never know. In past seasons, I have seen penalties assessed or not assessed that influenced the outcome in a big way and didn't seem fair.

On a different tangent, Brandon and Nicole are the latest example of someone/some group feeling that "God wants me/us to win. God is on our side" etc. And as a full-on churchy boy, I find this offensive. God doesn't "want" anybody to win anything, or lose anything. How demeaning it is for arrogant people in sports, television, politics or whatever to claim that God "wants" them to win more than the other team. To thank God for giving strength, or ask God to give strength, is one thing and what pretty much all of us who say we're Christian do, but to say that "I won because God wanted me to" is just wrong.

09-02-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The religious thing"
Bravo, toddE, for that last paragraph!!! I wish that I had been that articulate in making some of my comments in another thread.

Warning: Since you offered a critique of B&N, oh_sama might accuse you of Christian bashing and hating...

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
The Bible frowns on vanity. Hair grows back, and who knows Nicole may have looked as good as Demi Moore. Brandon needs to get rid of the sheep dog/blue lagoon look.

The trains in India are just factual. Why should there be any extra security? Certainly these racers have seen past series. Quit your whining Nicole, it's very bad on your image.
But then again modeling doesn't always show the ugly on the inside.

Now what really irks me is that they were in now hurry, and didn't think about the idea that it may have been a non-elimination leg. Even Mirna and Charla competed til the end "just in case". I wonder how far behind they are from the other racers now.

And I won't even start on the fact that a fast forward and a non elimination were in the same episode/leg. Not good TV.

HowdyPartner 43 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HowdyPartner Click to send private message to HowdyPartner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I am so sick of the prayers and the cutesy crap from them. My hubby and I were about to vomit watching them last night. We are Christians and believe in the power of prayer.

However, they abuse this!!!
Examples: Pray for me that I find the scarab
Lord help her (on the train)
I can't think of anymore but I know there are several per episode. I try to ignore what they say because it sickens me.

Brandon is ugly in my opinion and may even look better without hair!!

Would I shave my head? No probably not.

UGH!

HP

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Fast Forward was meant for Marshall/Lance"
The producers set up this fast forward in the hopes that Marshall and Lance would still be in the race and go for it. The only way to recreate the magic that was the Festers.

But how mean would it have been if Brandon/Nicole did actually shave off their heads and thereby hurt their modeling careers (they do seem to have their pictures on a lot of ads lately) -- only to find that they did it all for a non-elim leg.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fast Forward was meant for Marshall/Lance"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

They are just vain immature little twerps.

Did you hear ole Nic on her way to Dubai--There's like a, what do you call it, MOSQUE on every corner, it's like Starbuck's!!!

HELLO--you're in a foreign country and Mosques are places of worship-not overpriced coffee shops. I bet if you drive down Nic's hometown there's a Protestant church on every corner!!! UGH.

And on the train, I wish a bunch of people would have carried Nic off on another station before little "Lord Help Her" Brandon could save her!!!

And for them to be SO VAIN as to not even consider shaving their heads to get to the Pit Stop First! For a million dollars, hair grows back!!!! They can't possibly be that in demand!!!

I would have been in the chair faster than I could say:

"MAKE ME LOOK LIKE THAT SEXY POSTER FESTER!!!!"

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

**SMOOCHIES** to my fellow almost 36 yr. old Indian Trendsetter, FESTER

et change a word

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fast Forward was meant for Marshall/Lance"
Nicole pissed me off the most last night when she was griping about being stared at. HELLO!! I bet most ppl in Calcutta have never seen Americans and when she was bi**ching on the train. Did she not watch the past seasons where other racers got on crowded trains?? I hope this race was a huge wake-up call to Nicole about how lucky she is to have a "Starbucks" on every corner and to have to ride crowded trains every day. In short, I think Nicole is a spoiled brat and all the God talk needs to go. Pray when you have dying relative or when you need it most, Not when your whiny woman wont shut up or you cant find a lost scarab.

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Fast Forward was meant for Marshall/Lance"
I am not in the least bit offended by their references to God or their obvious comfort with prayer. I consider myself a Christian yet I cuss, drink, smoke, fornicate, etc.. but I pray throughout the day, treat people with respect, value my family and friends, work hard in my community, express my gratitude and acknowledge the presence of God in all I see and do. Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't know. I think it makes me a person with a lot of growing to do and enough sense to know no one is perfect. I admire Nic and Brandon for knowing it is not "their will" and recognizing prayer should not be reserved for "when you have a dying relative or when you need it most." (Be thankful for not having a sick relative.)

09-01-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Fast Forward was meant for Marshall/Lance"
While I would have appreciated the irony, I'm not certain how much it would have hurt their modeling careers. Brandon might actually get new or different kinds of jobs with a new look. Nichole might as well. The look would certainly make both of them distinctive.

I watched the episode with some friends. They were worried that Brandon and Nichole would not shave their heads because it was a ritual from another faith tradition and they might think they were bad Christians if they participated in such a ceremony (kinda like you're a bad Christian if you drink a shot of vodka). We all breathed a sigh of relief when they refused simply out of vanity.

Gina99 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-01-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gina99 Click to send private message to Gina99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
My favorite line was 'The Lord wants us to be in this race'. Yes, with everything going on in this world-terrorism, starvation, homelessness, war,etc. the Lord is worried about who wins a reality television show.

HowdyPartner 43 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HowdyPartner Click to send private message to HowdyPartner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I knew there was one that irratated me!!!! that I forgot. That was it. I thought the same thing. Now you have me vomiting my breakfast after I already lost my dinner.

Those 2 are the reason people are sick of church. But that is a whole other topic not to be dicussed here

HP

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-01-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I just don't see why people are so down with Brandon and Nicole and the praying. If that's how they deal with stress and difficult situations,great that's thier business. It's better than acting like a fricking abusive psycho like Coin.

09-01-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I don't think anyone has a problem with their being devout Christians - but they seem to have adopted a "divine right" attitude which is both arrogant and downright annoying.

Their vanity is especially disturbing given their apparent devoutness. Nicole was willing to slurp back a kilo of caviar (remember that fiasco?) but will stop short at cutting her hair. Maybe they both have a Samson-complex.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Nicole was willing to slurp back a kilo of caviar

Good point. Hey, at least they are consistent. Gluttony and vanity are both sins. So's hipocracy.

09-01-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdsmom Click to send private message to bdsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
There's nothing wrong with prayers and praying but at some point you have to put a lid on it.
When Nicole was in the train and screamed at him that she was being pulled away, all that he had to say is:"Lord help her"
C'mon, they are both putting everything that is happening on the good Lord's back.
God is there to help you but what you do with the help he gives you is your own doing not God.
And if they are such Christians they should of stayed home, because it's very obvious that they are in love with themselves. Did you see Nicole when at the end that Indian woman put a rose petal in her hair, the first thing she did was take it off, and then she stroke her hair about 3 or 4 times to be sure that it wasn't there anymore...2 words..GROW UP!!! And if they believe in God so much then they should of known that even without hair "God" would of let them find work in the model profession. So I think they used the word God too often and they used it only when they are in trouble or when they see it fit. They both need to grown up.

09-01-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Thanks for a balanced look at this, bdsmom. I didn't notice Nicole taking the rose petal out of her hair. My friends and I were too focused on Brandon questioning "Oh, I get paint too...?" We weren't certain if he was taken aback because he thought that ritual was for women only so it threatened his masculinity or if he was just nervous about being touched by someone from another faith tradition and perhaps taking part in a non-Christian ritual.
I haven't heard so much testifying on a reality show since the fourth season of Survivor when everybody on the island was bullied into participating in the prayer circles lest they alienate the evangelicals who might then vote against them. As for the divine intervention that kept Brandon and Nicole in the game, it seems quite possible. After all, Jesus did tell Adria to nominate Marvin and Will on Big Brother... Now that we've figured out how God and Jesus spend their spare time, I'm waiting to find out which reality show the Holy Spirit prefers to watch and influence...

09-01-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I think Jesus would be a really awesome reality show spoiler.

09-01-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
And
>if they believe in God
>so much then they should
>of known that even without
>hair "God" would of let
>them find work in the
>model profession.
>
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

teesosh 26 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teesosh Click to send private message to teesosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
"And if they are such Christians they should of stayed home,
because it's very obvious that they are in love with
themselves. Did you see Nicole when at the end that Indian woman put a rose petal in her hair, the first thing she did was take it off, and then she stroke her hair about 3 or 4 times to be sure that it wasn't there anymore... 2 words..GROW UP!!!"

I just watched the whole show for the second time, and remembered your above comments just as these two arrived at the pit stop. B&N got their flower petals and face paint, then stood there smiling and talking to Phil about how relieved they were...for a WHILE... and THEN Nicole seemed to absent-mindedly brush her hair (twice), as if she felt something up there. The Defense rests.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I always thought the continuation of the phrase: "Lord help her" was: "Because I sure can't!" Poor Brandon, whacked by Phil with an idiot stick at the end. Shut yer pie-hole son, a fly might go in. And Lord only knows where IT's been.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Willing to shave my head for $500k. In fact, willing to shave my head for $5,000.

Just thought you should know.

09-01-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
That's 230,000 Rupees. Richest gal in the Province!

09-01-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
You can buy a lot of Double Mosque lattes with 230,000 rupees.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "That?"
Was hilarious, Elroy!

B&N=Veesus of TAR.

09-01-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Is that Rupees or Rubles???

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
BWAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
You kill me, Elroy!

Diz

PhillyDon 26 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyDon Click to send private message to PhillyDon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I'm in for five bucks and a Moon Pie.

I'm PhillyDon and I approve this post.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-01-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Nicole is a spoiler,... how did she know"
How did Nicole know that they had to give up there money, did you notice how she blurted out "yeah phil we have to give you our money" before phil said anything?

she is the master spoiler, I think she should join survivorblows, I wonder if she got inside info from sleeeve.

mind the gap

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did she know"
I would imagine the money-minded Moms may have mentioned it.

Alliteration. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

09-01-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did she know"
Or maybe they just told them at the begining of the season that if they were to have a non-elimination leg that they have to give up all of their money to keep going..
Poor Nicole she has been on Brandon's case every episodes telling him that he was spending too much money...
See God punished her for bitching for no reason, now she'll really find out what it's like to have no money...

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did she know"
I don't think they were told of the twist at the beginning of the game, the bowling Moms sure acted surprised by Phil's request.

09-01-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Nicole is a spoiler,... how did she know"
How did Nicole know that they had to give up there money, did you notice how she blurted out "yeah phil we have to give you our money" before phil said anything?

The teams talk at the pitstops. 2 other teams have had their funds stripped and I'm sure passed that on over a steamy triple mosque espresso.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-01-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "no sarcasm detectors here lol"
I don't think you guys got the joke, I was mocking them and being sarcastic. lol.

mind the gap

tripsonsticks 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-02-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tripsonsticks Click to send private message to tripsonsticks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I am so sick of these two! I never thought anybody could p*ss me off worse than Mirna & Schmirna but now that there are less people and more screen time focused on these two self righteous twits, it makes me really glad the show is on late. If it was on during dinner I'd drop a lot of weight from vomiting up my dinner every Tuesday night.
"God wants us to win"
"Lord help her"
barf! I hope they get eliminated next week, I'm really tired of Team God Squad....Go Chip & Kim!!

tripsonsticks

friedheine 58 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail friedheine Click to send private message to friedheine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
"I hope they get eliminated next week, I'm really tired of Team God Squad....Go Chip & Kim!!"

To further flog a thoroughly dead horse, I'd like to chime in and say that, yes, Brandon & Nicole are young and clueless.... on more than a few levels. As many of us once WERE. (And possibly SO clueless that modeling is the ONLY profession that they are qualified for!!! Hence the steadfast refusal to shave those noggins.) But Chip and Kim have also said that THEY are sincere Christians, they have given PUBLIC thanks to God, and openly used the word "miracle" in just this last episode. But they are older and obviously more mature.... perhaps B&N will one day ripen into wise and respected Pillars Of Society. What is bugging ME, however, is the way that all you "BASHERS" have wasted so much energy over the innocuous remarks made by this Ken & Barbie couple.... while giving Colin a complete PASS for his horrendous wisecrack about Calcutta being such a "beautiful place"!!!!! We saw him actually GRINNING for the very first time, and it was while he was mocking the poverty and pathetic living conditions that surrounded him as he rode by!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THAT for INSENSITIVE BEHAVIOR"????!!!!!! Don't tell me you've all gone soft- or had your fill of Colin-trashing already!!!!!!! (Or did everybody go to the fridge for a cold one at that moment?) What's worse... an off-hand remark about "all those churchy-thingies" or outright LAUGHING at the misery of a nation?????!!!!!!!!!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I thought Colin's Calcutta comment was hilarious, and the explanation to a shocked Christie even funnier.

Just sayin'.

Fester
Don't get too worked up about Colin. There's a special ring of Hell waiting for him. It's called 2nd place.

friedheine 58 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail friedheine Click to send private message to friedheine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
"I thought Colin's Calcutta comment was hilarious, and the explanation to a shocked Christie even funnier. "

Yeah, although I wondered if Christie really was shocked, or just playing it that way for the camera. And it was funny to see how quickly Colin changed his tune when she cracked the whip.... they're obviously used to taking turns being The One In Charge.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
MMMM.. cold one

But you know that God is with them (I think at one point or another, every team has claimed this to be true)... They will win in the name of God or die trying. Actually I like the latter option.

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

09-03-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I'm going to watch the repeat on Saturday night so I can listen to Colin's comment a little better. When I first heard it, I thought that it was probably not in good taste, but the sound was muffled and the editing shoddy so I felt like I didn't have enough context to really determine how I felt. I would have liked to have seen the footage running for about a minute before and after. Perhaps I'll have a better sense after seeing it again on Saturday.
Anyway, you make an excellent point friedheine. It's not just B&N who are sometimes disrespectful to other cultures...

NoParole 94 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NoParole Click to send private message to NoParole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Christi's, Brandon's, and Nichol's behavior reminds me of people who have had a lot of things given to them when they were young. Especially Brandon, riding on the coat tails of anybody he can "Chip, can you help me", "Twins, where are you going, can we all go to the same place..., Oh, I'm afraid of crevasses" (no wonder Nicci looks frustrated). Colin appears to have been taught to just crush people as he goes through life "yeah, It sucks to be you! ha ha". No sympathy or empathy whatsoever... That's why foreigners love us

sisterwoman 163 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisterwoman Click to send private message to sisterwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
Brandon somehow doesn't bother me as much as Nic. He seems like a nice enough guy- the complete opposite of Conan the Barbarian. I feel bad for him because Nic is so spoiled and bitchy all the time. Yes, he is a weenis (as someone else said) but at least he is respectful to others IMO most of the time. I didn't even know I liked him until I started writing this! Now I can't believe I'm taking up for him!! What the hell has happened to me? Anyone want to join me at the Mosque for a Grande and help me get my edge back?

09-04-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
I'd go, but I bet they don't have Irish Coffee...

NoParole 94 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NoParole Click to send private message to NoParole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Brandon and Nicole have to go....Please"
The Mosque...? You mean one of those Starbuck-lookin things...? HA. (Per Nicci, you'll find on one any corner)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •