The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
From Chatter:
http://p072.ezboard.com/fsurvivorchatterfrm152.showMessage?topicID=58.topic

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... Flowerpower 11-09-04 1
   RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... RyrieRae 11-09-04 2
       RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... aethelstan 11-09-04 3
           RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... Markopolo100 11-10-04 4
           RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... RyrieRae 11-10-04 5
               RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... divawife 11-11-04 6
                   RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... Loquatrix 11-12-04 7
                       RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... Dakota 11-12-04 8
                           RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... smokedog 11-12-04 9
                               RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shoc... Dakota 11-12-04 10
 Well, we have most our questions an... volsfan 11-12-04 11
   RE: Well, we have most our question... Peachezz 11-13-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
Thanks for posting this, forehead. I thought I'd start on the next episode.

Sounds as though they are going to have some kind of interaction with the Vanuatans, perhaps along with some rough weather. I wonder if the culture shock will be in reference to the women being shocked over some kind of preferential treatment toward the few men left?

Perhaps the violent storms refers to the weather as well as to the conflicts among the remaining survivors...

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-09-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
I too believe that there will be some interaction with the natives. The question is, will the survivors go to them, or will the natives visit camp?

The next question is, will ALL the survivors experience culture shock, or perhaps the winner of a reward challenge? (a la Lex's visit into town in S3)

So far in Survivor history, only 2 season's showed interaction between natives and the entire survivor cast: the beginning of Pearl Islands and the beginning of Vanuatu. So, since they have already shown interaction with the entire vanuatu cast, my guess is that only one person will be exposed, and this one person must be the one who gets reward,

Now, who would most likely not experience culture shock?
Scout - very experienced and worldly.
Chad - seems very grounded
Eliza - has lived in Hong Kong, and New York
Ami - won't be around in ep 10 (IMHO)
Sarge - military travel
Chris - proven to easily adapt

Most likely to experience culture shock:
Twila - probably never left the farm
Julie - probably never left the sorority house

So it looks like either Julie or Twila wins reward! (I've left Leann off both lists, because, like she'd ever win anything!)

My vote goes to Twila

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
(I've left Leann off both lists, because, like she'd ever win anything!)

Actually, I think Leeann might be the best choice (though to be fair, I don't know how she could win but she seems to be a good runner). Her editing has been one of really taking in the experience and of personal growth (see Veruca's first thread). So it would fit that she has another 'growth' experience that she characterizes as culture shock.

Another possibility is that they have to slaughter the pig again.

Yet another possibility just sprang into my mind, what if the double meaning of shock, given the violent storms part of the title, implies that there is a lightning strike somewhere close to the camps?

İForged by RollDdice.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-10-04, 05:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
Where's Sean and Paschal when you need them?

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
That's a good point. Her editing has been a little hazy and she could pull off a surprise win somewhere.

But do you really think they will have to deal with the pig in Episode ten. I figured anything related to the pig would be concluded in episode nine. But then again, in S2 those chickens were there a while before Kimmi Kappenberg threw her little vegetarian fit, so you may be right.

divawife 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail divawife Click to send private message to divawife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
After tonight we know from the preview that that they suffer from non-stop rain/storms.
They keep driving the point again and again that pig = value on the Islands.
The pig must be used as $ or bartering to buy something in the local village IMHO. I am trying to figure out how 1 pig can be used in a challenge with 8 survivors. Unless using the pig in the village *is* the reward.
The Culture Shock means that a woman wins. Don't forget how women are treated in Vanuatu. Second class citizens. I know that the odds are that a women wins due to sheer numbers, LOL, but that only adds to the Culture Shock.

Best,
Diva (just peeking out from workload)

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-12-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
The tree mail said something about how the pig would be of value to SOME of the castaways, IIRC.

Correct if wrong, of course.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-04, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
In Africa the two goats went into a village, uh, I mean, Ethan and Lex went into a village with a couple of goats and traded them for money to buy lunch and trinkets. Ethan ran to the bathroom and played soccer with the local kids. I think the pig will also be sold to the local butcher shop for a day on the town. (I'm kinda hoping Scout will go and the local butcher shop will take her instead of the pig.) Oh! Did I actually say that out loud?

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-12-04, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
>(I'm kinda hoping
>Scout will go and the
>local butcher shop will take
>her instead of the pig.)
> Oh! Did I
>actually say that out loud?

Well, I bet the pig would have a better shot at winning a challenge

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-04, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 10 title: "Culture Shock and Violent Storms""
>>(I'm kinda hoping
>>Scout will go and the
>>local butcher shop will take
>>her instead of the pig.)
>> Oh! Did I
>>actually say that out loud?
>
>Well, I bet the pig would
>have a better shot at
>winning a challenge

ROFL!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-04, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Well, we have most our questions answered..."
On the previews so far we have seen the storms, the winners of the RC, the winners of the RC meeting the locals, the winners of the RC with the pig going to meet the locals and we have seen a huge ceremonial dance thing for the reward ceremony.

So, with that said...Chad, Chris, Ami and Eliza win RC and go off to the ceremony with pig in tow. From the looks of that dance ceremony, I could see all four of the winners getting culture shock! However, I think that the culture shock could come to Ami and Eliza because I bet only the men can negotiate to buy something with the pig. Or during the dance, the men are singled out and given more for a reward than the women. Ami and Eliza would not be happy about that! IMHO!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-13-04, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Well, we have most our questions answered..."
How do you suppose the teams were so lopsided? Both men and the strongest woman on one team? And the littlest woman for them to get through the obstacle? I can't understand that. Hopefully it was totally random selection. Or, the teams were selected before they knew what they were going to have to do.

The whole challenge is like taking the piggy to market isn't it - with the one tied up and the others having to get them through the obstacles to the end.

He who angers you controls you.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •