The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confessional Analysis Update"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-04, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confessional Analysis Update"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-04 AT 02:09 AM (EST)

CONFESSIONAL COUNT

NEW YASUR TRIBE

..............EP1….EP2….EP3….EP4….EP5….EP6….EP7….TOTAL

Rory………....3……..2……..1.…….6..……2………6…….7………27
Scout.……….3…….1.……..0.…….3..……0………1……..1……….9
Leeann…..….3.…….1.……..1….…2..……1……...2…….0………10
Ami..………...1.…….1…..…..0……1…..…5………1…….2………11
Eliza……….…6…….3.……..3..…….5……..2………0……2………21
Lisa…………..1…….0..……..1.…….2..……1……...3(boot)
Travis……….3..…..2..…….0….….2..……4(boot)
Mia…………...3…….1.……..4(Boot)
Dolly.…………1…….4(Boot)

Rory continued in his role of narrator for the new Yasur tribe, as his vulnerability continued to be the main story at Yasur.

The gradual development of Scout, Leann and Ami continued, based on their low confessional counts, it appears their stories will be told later in the game. Recently we have seen more development of Ami’s negative side.

Scout and Leann are flying lowest under the radar.

NEW LOPEVI TRIBE

.............EP1….EP2….EP3….EP4….EP5….EP6….EP7….TOTAL

Twila……….2.…….2……..2………1……..1……..4……..2………14
Julie…………1…….1……..0……….2 …….1…….3……..2………10
Chris……….4……..2……..0………2..…..0…….1……..1……….10
Chad………..2……..0.…….0..…….1..……1…….1……..3……….8
Lea………….4……..0…….2……….2..……2…….5…….2.………17
John K..…….1.…….0…….4………1.…….2…….0…….6(boot)
Brady…………4……..0……..0………5(Boot)
John P….……2……..1.…….4(Boot)
Brooke………5(Boot)

John K. got the expected confessional spike, typical of the boot episode after being “hidden” in the previous episode.

Lea has emerged as the primary narrator of the New Lopevi, since Rory was swapped to New Yasurin EP5, while Twila has added commentary about the minority perspective.

Chris has slipped under the radar since the swap in EP5

ANALYSIS

Under the Radar:

The men are in control at New Lopevi. Chris and Chad have the lowest confessional counts and therefore the furthest to go in terms of character development.

The women dominate the New Yasur and again the lowest confessional counts are associated with those who appear to be going the furthest...Scout, Leann and Ami. Chad and Ami are still positioned to go far.

This group’s low confessional count indicates there is still plenty of time for their character development. They are probably safe well into the game.

Narrators:

Lea and Rory have become the primary narrators. As such they will continue at least until the merge.

Boot Pattern:

Looking at the confessional counts of the bootees so far, we see a pattern …The bootee has had a spike in the number confessionals during their boot episode. In addition notice that the bootee has been somewhat “hidden” by the confessional editing in the episode prior to their boot.

Conclusions::

Based on confessional count, four contestants have had the most development going into the merge. Rory, Eliza, Twila and Lea. These are the contestants whose story is closer to being complete. After Julie, the first member of the jury will most likely come from this group.

During EP8 we can expect a spike in Julie’s confessionals. The previews indicate she will be featured before she is voted out.

While Rory, Twila and Lea have all had a spike in confessionals during the last two episodes, look for the first jury member to be “hidden” during EP8 leading up to their boot in EP9.

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confessional Analysis Update thetick 10-30-04 1
 RE: Confessional Analysis Update Flowerpower 10-30-04 2
 RE: Confessional Analysis Update Sam Buru 10-30-04 3
 RE: Confessional Analysis Update KLicK 10-30-04 4
 RE: Confessional Analysis Update Capn2patch 10-30-04 5
   RE: Confessional Analysis Update Krautboy 10-31-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-04, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Confessional Analysis Update"
i was really hoping you'd do one of these last week

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-04, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Confessional Analysis Update"
Yes, your confessional count analysis was missed last week, while greatly appreciated this week! This really is getting facinating. I will pay particular attention to Rory, Lea, and Twila.

If Twila votes with the guys this merge episode, I certainly could see her as a big target postmerge. Rory, I think has made alot of enemies along the way, and will not be long for the show! Lea, as a dominant, strong, leader of Lopevi is a marked man as the leaders always risk a target on their backs. If Chris wins immunity challenges, I'd say the next best pick would be Lea. It all makes sense, let's see how it plays out!

Thanks, KB!

Sam Buru 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-30-04, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sam%20Buru Click to send private message to Sam%20Buru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Confessional Analysis Update"
This is probably one of the best analysis tool we have.

Great Job Krautboy.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-04, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Confessional Analysis Update"
I used to do a similar tally at SA. One thing I noticed is that the "narrator makes it to the merge" is usually true, but that doesn't imply they make the jury. Andrew (most recently) was the major narrator during the first half of S7.

Rory is getting a similar pattern (I'll go look through the archives to see if I can find Andrew's).

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Confessional Analysis Update"
Thank you KB. Agree with Sam Buru, you've developped an amazing analysis tool that allows you to focus your perspective and draw broad conclusions that are not speculative.

I have a comment, there is a difference in the type of confessionals the Survivors have. One is the narrator type of confessional where the speaker recaps recent events. Two would be express character development. The third would be a personal defense/confrontation confessional.

Through the three types I've mentioned above, how would you classify Rory / Lea / Twila / Eliza confessionals, and do you think that a survivor with a not necessarily high confessional count but with a high defense confessional count be a high risk boot? Don't want to complicate my post but vice/versa could be applicable as well, high confessional count but low defense conf.

Rory is my new Hero

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Confessional Analysis Update"
C2P: Your absolutely correct that the their is a big difference between confessionals...a lot can be learned by analyzing the types, but it also gets very complicated to track it.

Corvis is actually the father of Confessional Analysis and he used to do a much more thorough analysis that he posted on the ACME public site.

I just picked up where he left off. The credit for originally developing the confessional analysis goes to him.

I enjoy looking at the patterns, but the confessional count as I present it is really just a broad generalization. As you point out, many other factors need to be considered as well to arrive at the correct conclusions...

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •