The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lisa on The Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lisa on The Early Show"
She didn't mean to say Ami might go, she just meant to say "in case someone else needed to go get the food while Ami was collecting firewood or something," brak, brak, brak (Only Ami knew where the manioc was up to that point.)

She loved, loved, loved Scout. They were best buds.

Ami voted her out instead of Eliza because she thought she was a threat in challenges and Eliza was weak- not a threat.

She was very suprised to be booted. But she played the game like a Christian.

link to CBS

a Phoenix Mons creature

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lisa on The Early Show volsfan 10-22-04 1
   RE: Lisa on The Early Show Brownroach 10-22-04 4
 RE: Lisa on The Early Show Flowerpower 10-22-04 2
   RE: Lisa on The Early Show KObrien_fan 10-22-04 3
   RE: Lisa on The Early Show shangrila 10-22-04 5
       RE: Lisa on The Early Show Flowerpower 10-22-04 6
           RE: Lisa on The Early Show toddE 10-22-04 7
               RE: Lisa on The Early Show JohnMc 10-22-04 8
                   Pig Challenge pmspml5 10-22-04 16
               RE: Lisa on The Early Show zazzy 10-22-04 9
                   RE: Lisa on The Early Show toddE 10-22-04 11
 Like a Christian? shakes the clown 10-22-04 10
   RE: Like a Christian? nailbone 10-22-04 12
       Re: Lisa's boot and TES katethegreat 10-22-04 13
           RE: Re: Lisa's boot and TES ShowMeTheWinner 10-22-04 14
       hey boner shakes the clown 10-22-04 25
   RE: Like a Christian? Brownroach 10-22-04 15
       RE: Like a Christian? emydi 10-22-04 17
       Yeah Roach shakes the clown 10-22-04 20
           RE: Yeah Roach JohnMc 10-22-04 21
           RE: Yeah Roach zazzy 10-22-04 22
               no way shakes the clown 10-22-04 24
   RE: Like a Christian? blacknwhitedog 10-22-04 18
       Huh??? shakes the clown 10-22-04 19
 Ami's reasons to boot Lisa over Eli... memacmur 10-22-04 23
   RE: Ami's reasons to boot Lisa over... katethegreat 10-22-04 26
   RE: Ami's reasons to boot Lisa over... Surveysez 10-23-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
Other than speculating...do we know if Scout was in on the Lisa boot?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
Scout clearly knew Lisa was leaving from her comment when she voted for Rory -- she said she couldn't write Lisa's name down because she adored her, but her vote was really for Lisa and not Rory. Or something like that.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
I did notice on the show last night that Ami, definately calling the shots, is targeting the stronger of the women left...therefore surrounding herself with weaker opponents for the individual challenges...smart cookie.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
And yet we get mad at the fat five for doing the same dang thing? Vote out the strong, eliminate the competition for when it comes time for individual immunities? Of course it is smart, but geesh, why the double standard?

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

shangrila 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-22-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shangrila Click to send private message to shangrila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-04 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

>I did notice on the show
>last night that Ami, definately
>calling the shots, is targeting
>the stronger of the women
>left...therefore surrounding herself with weaker
>opponents for the individual challenges...smart
>cookie.

Smart until she found herself alone has a (physical) threat then the others will vote her out.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
Smart until she found herself alone has a (physical) threat then the others will vote her out.

Touchee!!!!! (sp?)..............

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-22-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
I think Ami just didn't like Lisa, and since Eliza didn't either...Lisa was an easy boot.
Ami is suddenly (last 2 episodes) receiving very negative editing. She is bossy, manipulative and paranoid, and was shown flipping from man-hating woman-power last week to her new bud Rory this week. So her odds of winning seem very low. Rory is the opposite, being shown as a player and more likable. If they are F2, Rory will win.
Lisa is flattering herself to think she was a challenge. None of the women except maybe Julie would be a physical challenge to Ami, and Eliza is clearly the mental challenge, male or female, of this season. So Lisa was booted cause they didn't like her, not because she was a threat (unless there would be a large breasts-oriented challenge).

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
Exactly.

Rory was the excellent f2 opponent w/the guys, but on the girls tribe, if he makes F2, especially against a woman, he will win.

But I do have to say that Lisa did better than almost anyone on the pig chasing challenge. She muscled every ounce of strength to get her pig into the pen. I think she played hard and deserved better.

(But Lisa's weakness was her insecurity. She did good at being a cheerleader and always putting up a happy face. But she pushed Ami the wrong way for the maniok thing. I mean, 4 people do not need to get maniok. She should have stayed behind and connived w/Eliza and Rory instead of going w/Scout, Ami, and Leanne.)

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-22-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Pig Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-04 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

Well actually according to my hubby (who would know this) Lisa's pig was big and easier to catch. He said - "watch - - the little ones are way to difficult for her to catch" when I asked why she would grab such a big pig she could hardly carry it. The little pigs moved around way way way faster.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-22-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
Why is Eliza the mental challenge winner of all who are left? Because of the puzzle challenge that Yasur won and Eliza's help?

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-22-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lisa on The Early Show"
Yes, that is what I was referring to, it appeared to me she pretty much directed the women to an easy victory on that one. She seems to be a smart cookie, and has also been a schemer since the get-go.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Like a Christian?"
>She was very suprised to be
>booted. But she played
>the game like a Christian.

...does that mean Christian's are idiots? It must be cause that sure is how she played the game.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Like a Christian?"
Well, that took longer than I thought it would.

Handcrafted by GothMog - ain't it cool!!

Omnia in bonum o-

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-22-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Re: Lisa's boot and TES"
Ami IS getting negative editing. But she is playing the game smarter than Lisa, so there you go . . . . I agree with someone above that she voted off Lisa because she disliked her, not because she was a potential physical threat.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-22-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Re: Lisa's boot and TES"
(I'm supposed to avoid the spoiler board this season but since I was curious to see if snewser got the Lisa boot right, I unexpectedly ended up seeing the next 2 bootees as well. Oh well...)

Anyway my 2 cents, I think Ami chose Lisa coz she was a strategic threat most of all. Ami seems to have a strong dislike for fence sitters since it makes her position less predictable. She orchestrated Dolly's vote and I think she didn't quite trust waffling Lisa too much since she sold Mia out in a heartbeat. Lisa's manioc comment just dissolved off whatever shaky trust that Ami had in Lisa. Rory, on the other hand, played his cards well by consistently pledging his allegiance with Yasur and busting his ##### at the challenges. So since both Lisa and Rory are toss-ups when it comes to being a potential backstabber, Ami chose the slightly more trust-worthy one and the stronger of the two.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

10-22-04, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "hey boner"
>Well, that took longer than
>I thought it would.

...I was just as suprised as you to see the joke still available by the time I got here. Seemed like a no brainer the second I read it...but this is the spoilers board, not the bashers...these people aren't that funny

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Like a Christian?"
Hey, Shakes, you must have been amused by Rory's "I'm being put up on the auction block" reference.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Like a Christian?"
He said it twice BR~~

Rory played an excellent game in last nite's episode

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-22-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
20. "Yeah Roach"
>Hey, Shakes, you must have been
>amused by Rory's "I'm being
>put up on the auction
>block" reference.
>

...I was trying to figure out what was dumber about that comment, the fact that he kept calling it an auction block when its actually a CHOPPING block or the fact that the auction block references came so soon after the slavery references.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Yeah Roach"
Do I have one vote... yes ONE Vote to vote Rory off can I get

TWO - I have TWO and ... now THREE, that's THREE votes to vote off Rory

Any more? What's that? It's up to FIVE votes to get rid of Rory.

SIX - SIX votes for no more Rory.

And now the women are joining the action... what do we have???

EIGHT VOTES TO GET RID OF RORY.

How long will Rory stay on the auction/chopping block?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-22-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Yeah Roach"
I don't think Rory misspoke. I think he purposely used "auction block" to invoke slavery image and sympathy from the Scout.

In his private interview he says: "I am going to play it up... My thing is to come off as the upset, angry, brother who is welcomed back into the fold."

10-22-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
24. "no way"
>I don't think Rory misspoke.
>I think he purposely used
>"auction block" to invoke slavery
>image and sympathy from the
>Scout.
>
>In his private interview he says:
> "I am going to
>play it up... My
>thing is to come off
>as the upset, angry, brother
>who is welcomed back into
>the fold."

...he definitely mispoke, no doubt about it. Its obvious that everyone in that tribe thinks its an auction block and not a chopping block because Lisa also referred to it as an auction block.

100% he misspoke.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Like a Christian?"
That's what Lisa said about herself, that was not my observation about her.

a Phoenix Mons creature

10-22-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
19. "Huh???"
>That's what Lisa said about herself,
>that was not my observation
>about her.

...yeah I know, what's your point?

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-22-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Ami's reasons to boot Lisa over Eliza"
I disagree that Ami chose to vote out Lisa because she was a bigger Immunity threat.

Eliza acted in a quasi-treachourous manner in getting rid of Dolly - but just about everyone was trying to get rid of Dolly, so she did no wrong here.

It was fairly obvious that Eliza/Mia/Julie/Lisa vs. Scout/Ami/Leann/Twila were going to be the battlelines for the next episode, when Lisa flopped.

While Scout still seems bitter about any of the girls who voted for her, I think Ami recognized Lisa's betrayal as more of a sign of future ability to backstab than Eliza's sheep sacrifice.

Time will tell if this was a correct assumption by Ami, but I for one am just glad to have Lisa off the show. She came across as trying way to hard to be way too happy about way too much. Her personality seemed as fake as some of her physical assets.

MEmacmur

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-22-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ami's reasons to boot Lisa over Eliza"
IMO Ami just didn't like Lisa, and she interpreted Lisa's comment like she did, because she didn't like her. Lisa is a middle class surburan housewife who plays tennis, goes to church, raises children, etc. Ami is a gay coffee server from Seattle - probably not politically or socially conservative, just based upon that. I think Lisa's differences bothered Ami - JUST BECAUSE. Here in the south, the Democrats are conservative, and the conservative are VERY much so. In fact, Lisa wanted to go get the food, I thought, so they could have a chance to scheme, because in HER mind, Ami, Scout and Lisa had a solid alliance. Lisa misread the situation.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ami's reasons to boot Lisa over Eliza"
I was glad to see Lisa go, and not just because she made a stupid mistake. I was really starting to get creeped out by the mummification process that appeared to be occuring.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •