The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-04, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"

Grand Finale

Welcome to the Mother of all SOTS.

As a mother-to-be, I am touched by Mark Burnett's gift to all mothers, mothers-to-be, and well, the rest of you when he will finally put this show out of its misery and name the Biggest ASS. We're down to the Final Four, which sounds so much more exciting in college basketball than it does here.

Those vying for the coveted Big ASS title are:

Amber
Jenna
Rob
Rupert

Before we get to the scoop, I'd just like to remind everyone to pay attention to the guidelines. Let's not clutter up the discussions with a lot of locked duplicate threads, K?

Who do you think will be the final two ASSes competing?

Sometimes, the best way to get the answer to this is to back into it. According to Snewser's scorecard, which we've been keeping track of all season, he seems confident that Rupert finishes fourth. Rupert has been shown with a thumbs-down for quite some time, and since Snewser has two checkmarks in the final episode box, it seems like he has confirmation that Rupert will be the first one out during the finale. FYI, Snewser's site will update at 11am Pacific time Sunday, so if you really want the answer, you can get it then...that is, if you can't figure out his password clue beforehand.

But does Rupert end up fourth because of a tiebreaker (purple rock or otherwise)? Or does Jenna betray their alliance? She may be the paranoid one challenged to break an alliance in the SeeBS Misdirection preview information.

We've also been discussing the Key Confessional. Personally, I'm wondering why we were twice shown Amber saying that she could "smell the million". Was MB hitting us over the head with a hammer?

If you think Snewser's right about Rupert in 4th, then how do the top 3 stack up?

Well, I was glad to see that our own spinning head clown got over his shyness so that he could get the discussion rolling. First, he got the discussion started about how the editing puts Boston Rob in first or third. He then followed up with his 99% guarantee that Amber would betray Rob by taking Jenna with her to the F2, and beat Jenna in a final vote to take the BigASS title. Yes, Snewser's had Jenna at the top of his list for quite some time, but based on the editing, there are those who doubt that the winner would be put in such a whiny, negative light.

Amber beating Jenna in the F2 would also fit in with Tom's chat, when he says it might have been a mistake on his and Jenna's part that they didn't discuss the game while Romber made out at the drive-in. He also implies that Amber's bragging didn't hurt her. If she wins a million, that would certainly not hurt her. Mavsfan's thread on an Amber and Rupert Final 2, discusses Amber's ability to win the game as well.

Is Rob doomed for third? Some think that Alicia spilled the beans on Regis and Kelly that he actually makes the final 2. Based on the transcript posted in that thread, it looks highly doubtful that Jenna got Alicia's vote. Ulalame also kicked off a discussion speculating that Rob wins.

But who would take whom to the finals? It all depends on the outcome of the Final Immunity Challenge. In every prior Survivor, this has been an endurance challenge, and given all of the recycling we've seen so far, there's no reason to think this one will be any different. Will anyone try to cut a deal during the final IC?

No matter which camp you're in, make sure you let your opinion be heard by voting in the vote thread.

How will CBS drag on for three hours of ASS Sunday night?

Perhaps the bigger question is...why should I watch this retread over the broadcast of Harry Potter that ABC is putting up against it? Even though I've already seen the movie, and I know it won't be as good edited for television with commercials every two minutes, I'm still debating. But damn that CBS publicity machine, drawing me in with talk of a big surprise during the recap. It better not be Rosie, that's all I have to say. But what could it be?

- Does the winner get more than a million dollars? (Webby points out that this was originally reported in error, and that mistake has just built up momentum.)

- Does Sue show up with an Extreme Makeover? (Answer: Yes, but since that's being paid for by "Extra", I doubt that Mark Burnett is touting that as the big surprise.)

- Does Rob pop the question to his Amber's smokin' ass? On The View, Jeff said the surprise had nothing to do with Romber.

- The Probst teleconference thread has some interesting speculation going on about the reunion show. Is there a special significance that there are 7 prior winners and a 7 person jury? Could the previous winners get to vote for someone to get a prize too?
- Will this turn out to be even more overhyped than the finale of "Friends"? I vote yes.

Early Predictions That Proved Noteworthy

One thing that's fun to do here at the end is look back at some early threads and see if anyone made any cool early predictions that panned out. There are two I'm going to highlight here.
Shout out to Pepe for being the first to peg the Amber-Rob hookup in the Romance Thread Did TJ get it right with the suggestion that Amber beats the more-disliked Rob in the F2?

Brownroach surmised in the Key Confessional thread that a Rob-Amber final 2 could have doubt thrown into it when one of them gets switched to the other tribe. Good call on the switch.

The things I do for you people...I was so busy working on this SOTS throughout the week that I didn't turn in any picks for any games, not even Spoiler Island. I know none of you care about my supreme sacrifice, but in honor of the ASS finale on Mother's Day, I'm practicing my Mom Guilt.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

EEE sweetie, you know I *heart* you oodles, but I was not going to title this State of the Spoiling, Grnad Finale. I just had to overrule you.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... rjrabbit 05-07-04 1
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... Chez 05-08-04 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... bdemoney 05-07-04 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... Lucille 05-07-04 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... strid333 05-07-04 4
 Great SOTS janisella 05-07-04 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... greg2557 05-07-04 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... flygirl 05-07-04 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... Flowerpower 05-07-04 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... emydi 05-08-04 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... udg 05-08-04 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Fi... nerovh 05-08-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-07-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Wonderful job summing everything up!!

I just have one thing - S2 didn't have an endurance challenge as the last challenge. It was a fellow castaway trivia challenge which Colby won.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-08-04, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Thank you, Bebo.

I love your summary, and nevertheless, I still think something is up, that we don't know yet.

Best regards.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Great final SOTS Bebo! Way to tie it all together. Hears to hoping the Finale is an exciting one!

Lucille 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lucille Click to send private message to Lucille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
EXCELLENT SOTS, BEBO.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-07-04, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Thanks for summing it up so well. I only hope that The Simpsons can get me into the mood for the Survivor Finale. To quote CBG, "Worst Season Ever!"

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Great SOTS"
Thanks to you and all the other SOTS writers who take the time to consolidate this stuff. Too bad the season wasn't as good as the SOTS were.

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Thanks Bebo, nice job.

flygirl 159 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flygirl Click to send private message to flygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Thanks Bebo for a great job! And you're doing great "throwing the guilt around" - take it from a Mom who Knows!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Well done Bebo, really wrapped up the whole season! It was greatly appreciated and well worth your effort. Oh, and good luck with the babo!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-04 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

GREAT SOTS oh snarky one!!!!

emydi Woohoo! 500 posts and with that I'm off to the airport!!!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Thanks, Bebo! But, I do think EEE is right. The finale will be grnad. Just like the rest of the season was.

UDG

nerovh 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-04, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nerovh Click to send private message to nerovh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Grand Finale"
Excellent SOTS, even if it does pretty much dash all my hopes for poor Rupert. Good luck with Baby Bebo!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •