The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Song Inspired by Starting Over"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SOFANtastic 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-22-05, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOFANtastic Click to send private message to SOFANtastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Song Inspired by Starting Over"
I have been watching Starting Over since first season... It is an amazing show. For me, the most powerful moments are when the Job Coach turns from speaking to one of the housemates, and instead it feels as though they are speaking directly to me. Now, I know that someone in the t.v. is not actually speaking to me - I require no such medications at this time - but I am constantly amazed at the fact that we all deal with the same issues, even people who seem to be completely different then us.

So, I became inspired to write this song one day while watching the show. It's about meeting someone who is at a stage in her life that I was previously, and feeling like "girl, i know what you're thinking!"

It's called "Old News"

I saw myself walking down the street yesterday
Caught a glimpse of myself,
It was something about the way
She moved

I thought hey that girl
She might not know it
But what she’s thinking
I’ve already wrote it
Old news
There’s nothing she can do that ain’t
Old news

There’s only one woman walking ‘round this world today
She may have different ways of playin'
the many games she plays
So smooth

But hey, hey girl
You may not know it
That candle you’re lightin’
I’ve already blown it
Old news

I said hey, hey girl
While your grass is growin'
The weather here is already snowin'
Old news
There's nothing you can do
You're so smooth
But there's nothing you can do, that ain't
Old news

- Alicia Mellinger 2005

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •