The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"and the Emmy goes to Stalin!..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rheseus 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-22-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"and the Emmy goes to Stalin!..."
This show is completely insane. Good thing Rhonda and Iyanla don't even have pape from a boxtop U, because the institution (key word) would have to revoke it. How could a nation whose equivalent of Oedipus is The Wizard of Oz not see the insane irony in a show like this where everything is about phony proclamations and shows? Rhonda could be used as a management/leadership anti-pattern illustration; just about everything that you can do wrong as a leader she does on a regular basis. Her whole ridiculous scowling huff and puff routines are what you would expect from an 8 year old. And she is the coach? Um, ok.

It's sad that this show is so popular with women, who many have believed (since ancient times, witness Lysistrata) are a natural hedge against fascism. This show is a fascist playground where the various people are mere fodder for creating breakdowns and then holding show trials. And all this talk about accountability. What a joke. Who holds the preists accountable? At least in Christianity there was some sense of the judges answering to another power.

To stand in judgment is bad enough, but on this show, there is not only no sense of fairness. There is a huge sense of showing absolutely no interest in the concept of fairness. Lisa is made to do a litany of completely insane things, reaching a crescendo of absurdity: being told to solicit jewelry sales at a hot dog stand. Meanwhile, Christina gets to play The Price is Right in the back yard, Jill gets an A because she finally made a few calls about getting her 40 pound tumor removed. Hello??

Anyone who doesn't just fall in line and kiss ##### on this show is in big trouble. The priests blubber about finding the truth all the time, but they conveniently ignore it whenever it suits their nonsense. Iyanla is a good person and I think does help some of her people, but she is to taken w/her own nonsense. Rhonda is clearly painting the world w/her self-loathing ugliness.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •