The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Intertops website"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Intertops website"
From early this season, Intertops has had two betting opportunities for Survivor:

1) Who will last longer: Amber or Boston Rob

and

2) Who will outlast Amber and Boston Rob?

The second had choices of all the people except all the people who are now booted.

As of this weekend, this 2nd question has been eliminated. I know the last I checked, Tom's results were 1.01 to 1, and Jenna was 2nd at 4.5 to 1.

Last season, they ran both of these type questions until the last episode: the two questions being: Who will last longer, Osten or Sandra; and Who will outlast Sandra. Lillian was favored in a longshot, and was probably? paid as the correct answer being that she lasted as long as Sandra (or possibly no one won, which I think they'd have to refund bets, but don't know rules)...

Anyway, I find it odd, that the "Who will outlast Amber and Rob" question has been eliminated from the site.

The only reasons I could think of would be: 1)Amber and Rob are the Final 2 and thus no one outlasts them, or 2) Amber and Rob both finish 3rd or below, leaving too many winners for the site to make money on this bet, or 3) The Tom numbers jumped up to favorite almost out of nowhere which could bring the site fear of Insider information...

Whatever the reasoning, on the Outlast Rob and Amber, none of the bootees up to Lex were even given as choices to bet from...you could bet on them but you'd have to email them for current odds; so it seems they must have an insider source of some kind...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Intertops website KLicK 04-12-04 1
   RE: Intertops website FSUGUY 04-12-04 2
       RE: Intertops website cowboyroo 04-13-04 3
           RE: Intertops website FSUGUY 04-13-04 5
 RE: Intertops website Markopolo100 04-13-04 4
   RE: Intertops website Brat2u 04-13-04 6
   RE: Intertops website leannerenee 04-13-04 7
       RE: Intertops website okaloosajohn 04-13-04 8
 RE: Intertops website FSUGUY 04-15-04 9
   Follow the money cowboyroo 04-17-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-04, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Intertops website"
A poster at SurvivorAddicts has kept track of the betting/options/odds at Intertops since 2/19. The thread is very long, but the poster, charlesfloyd, gives an excellent analysis of betting trends.

Link

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-12-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Intertops website"
HUH?

I just went there and everything is still there....drop some $$ on jenna will ya!

04-13-04, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Intertops website"
They must have had it down for a bit...it wasn't a betting option for a couple of days....Tom's at 1.01, Jenna's now down to 5.

I wonder what they do if Amber/Rob are Final 2?

04-13-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Intertops website"
Intertops wins them all if it's a Rob/Amber final, as nobody out lasts them.

Odds are set by an 'Expert' at the start. Then as people begin to wager it moves...more money=lower odds,etc...

The Expert must have Intel it's a Rob/Amber final or they were stupid enough to believe the CBS boot list.....

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-04, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Intertops website"
Cowboyroo thanks for the link.

We have to analyze the betting odds as part of our spoiling efforts.

Something is fishy. I have a feeling our "projected final 7" isn't totally correct in order.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Intertops website"
Right after the spoilers came out of Romber being the F2, they stopped taking bets on them. They are worried IF it panned out, it would be a huge loss for the Book.

leannerenee 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leannerenee Click to send private message to leannerenee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Intertops website"
What is the "Project final 7"? I have been combing the boards for a boot list other than the first fake one. Can someone PLEASE help me out here???

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-13-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Intertops website"
The projected final 7 has been Rob, Amber, Jenna, Rupert, Tom, Alicia and Shii Ann (not necessarily in that order) for quite some time. (see Marcopolo's STS at http://www.londyscreations.com/survivornetwork/sts.asp )

04-15-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Intertops website"
OK....
I was just on the website and now question 1 is gone......

hmmmmmm......

maybe it got too lopsided......rob?

04-17-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
10. "Follow the money"
Both questions are back up. Tom is now still at 1.01 and Jenna is down to 7 to 1. For Tom to be at 1.01, there has to be a LOT of betting on him. And those that win, won't win jack.

As Snewser pointed out last season with a Sandra win, our best bet is to follow the money.

So Tom's odds probably tells us a few things. I can't see ANY WAY he would be at such great odds to "survive without Rob and Amber" unless there were some insider betting going on.

So....

This could mean:

A) Rob and Amber are Final 2 and Tom comes in 3rd. This is the most likely option because in the vote of who survives longer Rob or Amber, the voting is not as far out of whack. Rob at 1.79, and Amber at 1.91. Pretty close betting.

So, Tom coming in 3rd would make the most sense if looking at the betting. There has to be a winner in the bet, and if Romber are 1 and 2, Tom would "outsurvive" them by default.

B) Tom is in Final 2 with either Rob or Amber. The most likely way I would see this happening are if Rob/Amber/Tom are the Final 3 and Amber wants to prove she is "playing the game" and not following on Rob's coattails by taking Tom to the Final 2, which could gain her some respect.

C) Unlikely option: Tom makes Final 2 with someone other than Rob or Amber. However, those with Insider Information making bets would bet on that other party and not have such outrageous odds on Tom I would think.

If you were to "Follow the money", most likely scenario is:

Tom comes in 3rd

Amber and Rob are Final 2.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •