The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
The lonely and pitiful Saboga tribe gets dissolved, and they do so in schoolyard pick em fashion. The last one left standing to be picked was Jenna Lewis. (Did you catch the look on her face as she twirled her buff?)

Is this coupled with her confessional "the first 13 days I was in such control of this game and now its all for nothing" the real foreshadowing moment of all stars?

It has the ironic part that MB loves, last kid picked, tribe that was pitiful, was in control now going to a tribe that is controlled by the Robfatha, etc.

It is also reminiscent of Thailand when Clay was picked last and then made it to F2.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... Flowerpower 02-27-04 1
   RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... ExInterper 02-27-04 2
       RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... KObrien_fan 02-27-04 3
           RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... ExInterper 02-27-04 4
               RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... Jims02 02-27-04 10
       RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... Brat2u 02-28-04 23
 RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... munson 02-27-04 5
   RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... KObrien_fan 02-27-04 6
       RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... munson 02-27-04 7
           RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... Brat2u 02-27-04 11
               RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... Flowerpower 02-27-04 12
       RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... geg6 02-27-04 8
 RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... DoodleBug 02-27-04 9
 Totally agree Blow by Blow 02-27-04 13
   RE: Totally agree memacmur 02-27-04 14
   RE: Totally agree I_AM_HE 02-27-04 15
       RE: Totally agree cantocigalo 02-27-04 16
           RE: Totally agree I_AM_HE 02-27-04 17
           The REAL foreshadowing Acawap 02-27-04 18
               RE: The REAL foreshadowing managerr 02-27-04 19
               RE: The REAL foreshadowing munson 02-28-04 21
   RE: Totally agree redbeard103152 02-27-04 20
 RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowi... Brat2u 02-28-04 22
   Real forshadowing = Alicia? Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-28-04 24
       RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia? Brat2u 02-28-04 25
           RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia? Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-28-04 26
       RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia? udg 02-29-04 27
 REAL foreshadowing = ROB benjapol 02-29-04 28
   RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB raidersfantom 03-01-04 29
   RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB Brat2u 03-05-04 30
       RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB redbeard103152 03-06-04 31
   RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB DRONES 03-08-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Yes, I agree, I was thinking the same thing, foreshadowing of her going far into the game.

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-04, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Plus the comment from Alicia "We're going to kick the Green team's a$$." Seemed a little out of place with the rest of the editing.

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
"If there's one thing that I learned while waiting for my turn,
Is that in each life some rain falls, but you also get some sun." -- John Popper

02-27-04, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Yes, that quote by Alicia too, Hi ExI!

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Hiya, KO! Now that sleek's been disproven, I might actually get more into spoiling now that it's wide open again.

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
"If there's one thing that I learned while waiting for my turn,
Is that in each life some rain falls, but you also get some sun." -- John Popper

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Me too. YAY!

A 2004 IceCat creation

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
I'm probably way off base here, but I can't help it, I have to say something about Alicia's comment. Did anyone notice that just before she said "we're going to kick the Green teams A$$"...they showed a picture of Alicia's A$$ for a full 3 frames.

Alicia's A$$ = All Star Survivor = A.S.S.
It's made me wonder, that's all...

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
While I agree foreshadowing is a major part of MB's editing game and I thought the same thing while watching the show, I don't think the Jenna moment was an MB editing choice.

Or, whether or not Jenna goes a long way or is the next voted out, MB had to show the selection process. She was the last chosen. That's a fact, not fanciful editing.

On the other hand, her comment was very intriguing. In control and the first 13 days wasted? Riiiight. If she is indeed a victim of the Saboga dissolve, don't think we'd get a quote as direct as that.

Now, Jerri happy to be rid of Saboga for a new start with Mogo2, to me, is a big indication that her story is over.

No doubt the the next episode that Chapera goes to TC (and I don't think that's until E7), Jenna will be edited as in danger of getting voted out...when we all know it's gonna be Soo.

02-27-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
I know MB couldn't control the Jenna being picked last from the dissolved tribe, but what I meant is coupled with her "control/wasted" confessional plus Alicia's comment on "kicking the green team's butt" is the kind of ironic bit that ends up being the "key" confessional for the season.

02-27-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Then we agree

Unless Alicia's comment falls under the "Pride Goeth Before the Fall" Theory and wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if, in fact, it's the Green team that kicks the Red teams ASS?

I tend to like my Key Confessionals in the first episode so I'm still wavering between Tom's "Big Boy's Game" comment and Jenna's "Get off our playing field."

02-27-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Last night at TC - When Jeff asked her how does she decide who to vote for, Kathy said (not sure of exact words) "We're going after the big fish" or "big guys".

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Yes, I liked that wording too, I think it was more like "we're going after the big power players though!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
I'm with you, KObrien_fan. Between last night's "last kid on the playground moment," her confessional about starting over, Alicia's comment, AND Jenna's confessional in the first episode regarding it being her game now, methinks I see someone I will be looking at to the very end.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
I was thinking the exact same thing! Poor little Jenna, picked last, from the loser tribe, not "in control" any more.... all th way to final two. Will probably remain UTR for a while and then surprise them all.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-27-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Totally agree"
They lingered on her for just a second too long to just be telling a story. I'll be mighty surprised if she's in trouble any time soon.
-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Totally agree"
My thoughts exactly!! In fact, I just stated them in another thread on editing. We frequently see Survivor edits that quickly show you what happens (otherwise challenges would last forever) - there was no need to pause on poor Jenna standing all by herself for so darn long.

MEmacmur

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Totally agree"
agree KO and BbB. I said the same last night in the bar. Jenna is our winner. It was really between her and Tom in my mind, with Amber and Jerri trailing, but I said we should be able to pick the winner this week, and I'm still going to be watching Tom, and Jerri, should she make the merge, but for now it's Jenna.

cantocigalo 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cantocigalo Click to send private message to cantocigalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Totally agree"
New to this board, but I just wanted to chime in an agreeance to the Jenna foreshadowing. I thought her remark to Richard about David and Goliath might be significant as well, possibly foreshadowing an F2 showdown between Jenna and one of the "Big Boys". Just as there was no need to linger on her as the last one chosen, there was no reason to include that particular face-off in the IC. She did well toppling the big guy, by the way, although she hit the water first.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Totally agree"
good point! my ears perked up at that one too, but i had forgotten it. i knew there was at least another reason why this ep sealed the deal for me

welcome aboard!

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "The REAL foreshadowing"
was told long before the season ever started -- NO team with Jerri in it has a chance. She's non-athletic, lazy, unintelligent and self-centered. She is a cancer to her team, Survivor, and the world in general. If she'd been voted off, the game would've been a lot different. Tina or Rudy are 100000000000 times better teammates.

Don't care where she ends up finishing -- mark my words, any team she is on will fall.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-27-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The REAL foreshadowing"
But the team she was on won S2! I think it's a good omen for Jenna L that she started on Jerri's team.

02-28-04, 00:24 AM (EST)
21. "RE: The REAL foreshadowing"
Let's check with Maralyn and see if she thinks Tina is a better teammate. Wait a minute, we could ask Amber as well.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-27-04, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Totally agree"
I think there is an extra bit of foreshadowing here also as if we really needed it as this is all shown in the episode with the fall of King Richard. Funny how another member of the cast of Survivor One might come back and complete the cycle by winning ASS.RedBeard

02-28-04, 11:31 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Jenna's VO while she was standing there by her lonesome, struck me as very odd. It came across as a story, like she was reading from a cue card. The VO sound was different or something, really crystal clear. Almost like she was speaking into a mic at the CBS editing booth. I dunno, it was just too weird IMO

Cuauhtewatemoccajava 133 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to send private message to Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Real forshadowing = Alicia?"
First, Jenna didn't have any voice over while she was being picked last so I don't know where that came from.

Second:

Something I noticed:

Watch the RC again.

At the end, they show a big closeup of Alicia with the paddle running toward the finish line.

Cut to the finishline. Rob M. is right before it. But Alicia zooms past him at the last second and crosses the finish line before Rob M (or anyone else on her team).

I don't see why this isn't given any notice but something they had to keep in (Jenna being picked last) is.

02-28-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia?"
This is the Jenna VO I was refering to: "the first 13 days I was in such control of this game and now its all for nothing"

Cuauhtewatemoccajava 133 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to send private message to Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia?"
But she stated that in a confessional when they showed Chapera walking to the camp, not while she was standing there.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia?"
The point isn't, "Jenna was last, so she must go far." It's not even, "They didn't have to show that Jenna was last." The point is, they LINGERED on the clip of her standing there alone. It lasted at least twice as long as was necessary. There's Jenna, standing there alone, twirling her buff... just standing... yup, all alone... last one picked...

Now, that could have been simply to go along with the "school yard pick-em" theme. But, some are speculating that there's more to it than that, that it could mean that she goes on to do extremely well. MB love irony, and wouldn't it be ironic if the last person chosen made it to the F3? Or, she could just quickly assimilate into her new tribe, even though "no one wanted her." Or, it could come back in a theme of "no one likes Jenna."

---
UDG

benjapol 93 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail benjapol Click to send private message to benjapol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
"I guarantee I'm tougher than every single on of them."
And this is the toughest Survivor

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
I think that if the final two comes from Chapera, it will be Jenna L. and Rob M. Jenna is going to be the one that breaks the Robmer alliance, most likely with Big Tom voting with her. Then Jenna will make the right move by doing what all these knuckleheaded final immunity challenge winners (aside from Brian) never did and that's pick the most annoying and disgusting player of them all to face off against the jury ipso facto Boston Rob.

Now before anyone brings up Jenna L. winning the final immunity and taking Matt over Rob, she made the right choice as she knew she could beat Matt and not Cesternino (I still wanna know how she did it tho, as she had one of the worst head to head's in the final two, and Matt had one of the best).

03-05-04, 08:28 PM (EST)
30. "RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
Last night (EP6), when Chappy was sitting around the camp fire, they made a pack to stick together no matter what. Quick camera-cut to a snake wrapping around a tree...then "yeah, no matter what." The snake, Rob, who's made an alliance now, with just about everyone.

It's hard to picture him as the winner of this. They've all played before and seem to be totally blind when it comes to what Robfadder is up to.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-06-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
We were given a forshadowing by Rob of someone breaking the alliance before the final 4. IMO This someone will be Rob and it will lead to his boot before he accomplishes his stated goal of winning ASS.RedBeard

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-04, 05:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
I remember Rob saying that as well and yet during the balance beam contest he lost to Ethan and then to Colby(later proved by video tape). This may be foreshadowing for Rob losing a challenge due to a LACK of toughness, resulting in his ouster.

DRONES

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •