URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4882
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-27-04 at 07:44 AM
The lonely and pitiful Saboga tribe gets dissolved, and they do so in schoolyard pick em fashion. The last one left standing to be picked was Jenna Lewis. (Did you catch the look on her face as she twirled her buff?)

Is this coupled with her confessional "the first 13 days I was in such control of this game and now its all for nothing" the real foreshadowing moment of all stars?

It has the ironic part that MB loves, last kid picked, tribe that was pitiful, was in control now going to a tribe that is controlled by the Robfatha, etc.

It is also reminiscent of Thailand when Clay was picked last and then made it to F2.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did we see the REAL foreshadowing moment last night?"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-04 at 07:45 AM
Yes, I agree, I was thinking the same thing, foreshadowing of her going far into the game.

Posted by ExInterper on 02-27-04 at 07:54 AM
Plus the comment from Alicia "We're going to kick the Green team's a$$." Seemed a little out of place with the rest of the editing.

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
"If there's one thing that I learned while waiting for my turn,
Is that in each life some rain falls, but you also get some sun." -- John Popper

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-27-04 at 08:07 AM
Yes, that quote by Alicia too, Hi ExI!

Posted by ExInterper on 02-27-04 at 09:37 AM
Hiya, KO! Now that sleek's been disproven, I might actually get more into spoiling now that it's wide open again.

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
"If there's one thing that I learned while waiting for my turn,
Is that in each life some rain falls, but you also get some sun." -- John Popper

Posted by Jims02 on 02-27-04 at 10:57 AM
Me too. YAY!

A 2004 IceCat creation

Posted by Brat2u on 02-28-04 at 11:35 AM
I'm probably way off base here, but I can't help it, I have to say something about Alicia's comment. Did anyone notice that just before she said "we're going to kick the Green teams A$$"...they showed a picture of Alicia's A$$ for a full 3 frames.

Alicia's A$$ = All Star Survivor = A.S.S.
It's made me wonder, that's all...

Posted by munson on 02-27-04 at 09:47 AM
While I agree foreshadowing is a major part of MB's editing game and I thought the same thing while watching the show, I don't think the Jenna moment was an MB editing choice.

Or, whether or not Jenna goes a long way or is the next voted out, MB had to show the selection process. She was the last chosen. That's a fact, not fanciful editing.

On the other hand, her comment was very intriguing. In control and the first 13 days wasted? Riiiight. If she is indeed a victim of the Saboga dissolve, don't think we'd get a quote as direct as that.

Now, Jerri happy to be rid of Saboga for a new start with Mogo2, to me, is a big indication that her story is over.

No doubt the the next episode that Chapera goes to TC (and I don't think that's until E7), Jenna will be edited as in danger of getting voted out...when we all know it's gonna be Soo.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-27-04 at 09:54 AM
I know MB couldn't control the Jenna being picked last from the dissolved tribe, but what I meant is coupled with her "control/wasted" confessional plus Alicia's comment on "kicking the green team's butt" is the kind of ironic bit that ends up being the "key" confessional for the season.

Posted by munson on 02-27-04 at 10:27 AM
Then we agree

Unless Alicia's comment falls under the "Pride Goeth Before the Fall" Theory and wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if, in fact, it's the Green team that kicks the Red teams ASS?

I tend to like my Key Confessionals in the first episode so I'm still wavering between Tom's "Big Boy's Game" comment and Jenna's "Get off our playing field."

Posted by Brat2u on 02-27-04 at 11:08 AM
Last night at TC - When Jeff asked her how does she decide who to vote for, Kathy said (not sure of exact words) "We're going after the big fish" or "big guys".

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-04 at 12:09 PM
Yes, I liked that wording too, I think it was more like "we're going after the big power players though!

Posted by geg6 on 02-27-04 at 10:42 AM
I'm with you, KObrien_fan. Between last night's "last kid on the playground moment," her confessional about starting over, Alicia's comment, AND Jenna's confessional in the first episode regarding it being her game now, methinks I see someone I will be looking at to the very end.

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-27-04 at 10:50 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing! Poor little Jenna, picked last, from the loser tribe, not "in control" any more.... all th way to final two. Will probably remain UTR for a while and then surprise them all.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

"Totally agree"
Posted by Blow by Blow on 02-27-04 at 12:14 PM
They lingered on her for just a second too long to just be telling a story. I'll be mighty surprised if she's in trouble any time soon.
-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

"RE: Totally agree"
Posted by memacmur on 02-27-04 at 01:12 PM
My thoughts exactly!! In fact, I just stated them in another thread on editing. We frequently see Survivor edits that quickly show you what happens (otherwise challenges would last forever) - there was no need to pause on poor Jenna standing all by herself for so darn long.

MEmacmur

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-27-04 at 01:20 PM
agree KO and BbB. I said the same last night in the bar. Jenna is our winner. It was really between her and Tom in my mind, with Amber and Jerri trailing, but I said we should be able to pick the winner this week, and I'm still going to be watching Tom, and Jerri, should she make the merge, but for now it's Jenna.

Posted by cantocigalo on 02-27-04 at 03:21 PM
New to this board, but I just wanted to chime in an agreeance to the Jenna foreshadowing. I thought her remark to Richard about David and Goliath might be significant as well, possibly foreshadowing an F2 showdown between Jenna and one of the "Big Boys". Just as there was no need to linger on her as the last one chosen, there was no reason to include that particular face-off in the IC. She did well toppling the big guy, by the way, although she hit the water first.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-27-04 at 03:26 PM
good point! my ears perked up at that one too, but i had forgotten it. i knew there was at least another reason why this ep sealed the deal for me

welcome aboard!

"The REAL foreshadowing"
Posted by Acawap on 02-27-04 at 03:31 PM
was told long before the season ever started -- NO team with Jerri in it has a chance. She's non-athletic, lazy, unintelligent and self-centered. She is a cancer to her team, Survivor, and the world in general. If she'd been voted off, the game would've been a lot different. Tina or Rudy are 100000000000 times better teammates.

Don't care where she ends up finishing -- mark my words, any team she is on will fall.

"RE: The REAL foreshadowing"
Posted by managerr on 02-27-04 at 04:51 PM
But the team she was on won S2! I think it's a good omen for Jenna L that she started on Jerri's team.

"RE: The REAL foreshadowing"
Posted by munson on 02-28-04 at 00:24 AM
Let's check with Maralyn and see if she thinks Tina is a better teammate. Wait a minute, we could ask Amber as well.

Posted by redbeard103152 on 02-27-04 at 09:19 PM
I think there is an extra bit of foreshadowing here also as if we really needed it as this is all shown in the episode with the fall of King Richard. Funny how another member of the cast of Survivor One might come back and complete the cycle by winning ASS.RedBeard

Posted by Brat2u on 02-28-04 at 11:31 AM
Jenna's VO while she was standing there by her lonesome, struck me as very odd. It came across as a story, like she was reading from a cue card. The VO sound was different or something, really crystal clear. Almost like she was speaking into a mic at the CBS editing booth. I dunno, it was just too weird IMO

"Real forshadowing = Alicia?"
Posted by Cuauhtewatemoccajava on 02-28-04 at 01:56 PM
First, Jenna didn't have any voice over while she was being picked last so I don't know where that came from.

Second:

Something I noticed:

Watch the RC again.

At the end, they show a big closeup of Alicia with the paddle running toward the finish line.

Cut to the finishline. Rob M. is right before it. But Alicia zooms past him at the last second and crosses the finish line before Rob M (or anyone else on her team).

I don't see why this isn't given any notice but something they had to keep in (Jenna being picked last) is.

"RE: Real forshadowing = Alicia?"
Posted by Brat2u on 02-28-04 at 07:25 PM
This is the Jenna VO I was refering to: "the first 13 days I was in such control of this game and now its all for nothing"

Posted by Cuauhtewatemoccajava on 02-28-04 at 08:51 PM
But she stated that in a confessional when they showed Chapera walking to the camp, not while she was standing there.

Posted by udg on 02-29-04 at 04:31 AM
The point isn't, "Jenna was last, so she must go far." It's not even, "They didn't have to show that Jenna was last." The point is, they LINGERED on the clip of her standing there alone. It lasted at least twice as long as was necessary. There's Jenna, standing there alone, twirling her buff... just standing... yup, all alone... last one picked...

Now, that could have been simply to go along with the "school yard pick-em" theme. But, some are speculating that there's more to it than that, that it could mean that she goes on to do extremely well. MB love irony, and wouldn't it be ironic if the last person chosen made it to the F3? Or, she could just quickly assimilate into her new tribe, even though "no one wanted her." Or, it could come back in a theme of "no one likes Jenna."

---
UDG

"REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
Posted by benjapol on 02-29-04 at 06:46 AM
"I guarantee I'm tougher than every single on of them."
And this is the toughest Survivor

"RE: REAL foreshadowing = ROB "
Posted by raidersfantom on 03-01-04 at 02:33 PM
I think that if the final two comes from Chapera, it will be Jenna L. and Rob M. Jenna is going to be the one that breaks the Robmer alliance, most likely with Big Tom voting with her. Then Jenna will make the right move by doing what all these knuckleheaded final immunity challenge winners (aside from Brian) never did and that's pick the most annoying and disgusting player of them all to face off against the jury ipso facto Boston Rob.

Now before anyone brings up Jenna L. winning the final immunity and taking Matt over Rob, she made the right choice as she knew she could beat Matt and not Cesternino (I still wanna know how she did it tho, as she had one of the worst head to head's in the final two, and Matt had one of the best).

Posted by Brat2u on 03-05-04 at 08:28 PM
Last night (EP6), when Chappy was sitting around the camp fire, they made a pack to stick together no matter what. Quick camera-cut to a snake wrapping around a tree...then "yeah, no matter what." The snake, Rob, who's made an alliance now, with just about everyone.

It's hard to picture him as the winner of this. They've all played before and seem to be totally blind when it comes to what Robfadder is up to.

Posted by redbeard103152 on 03-06-04 at 01:42 PM
We were given a forshadowing by Rob of someone breaking the alliance before the final 4. IMO This someone will be Rob and it will lead to his boot before he accomplishes his stated goal of winning ASS.RedBeard

Posted by DRONES on 03-08-04 at 05:09 AM
I remember Rob saying that as well and yet during the balance beam contest he lost to Ethan and then to Colby(later proved by video tape). This may be foreshadowing for Rob losing a challenge due to a LACK of toughness, resulting in his ouster.

DRONES