The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-09-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-03 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

For those you get OLN and have been following Global Extremes, they plan to start the live broadcasts on Monday night.

http://www.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=29

OLN Air Dates

Live from Mt. Everest
Monday, May 12 at 10pm ET/PT

Live from Mt. Everest
Monday, May 19 at 10pm ET/PT

Daily Expedition Updates
Tuesday, May 13 until the Live Climb

LIVE Mt. Everest Summit Attempt
Date TBD
3:30pm -12:00am ET

Stay tuned to OLN for daily updates on the progress of the OLN Global Extremes: Mt. Everest Expedition

Since ABC Wide World of Sports has been showing repeats on Saturdays, they may be going live as well at some point.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Global Extremes live from Evere... AZ_Leo 05-13-03 1
   RE: Global Extremes live from Evere... Schnookie Palookie 05-13-03 2
   RE: Global Extremes live from Evere... colleenwannabe 05-13-03 3
       RE: Global Extremes live from Evere... AZ_Leo 05-13-03 4
 RE: Global Extremes live from Evere... AZ_Leo 05-14-03 5
 Live summit attempt on Thursday AZ_Leo 05-20-03 6
 Summit attempt delayed for rescue m... AZ_Leo 05-22-03 7
   RE: Summit attempt delayed for resc... joannie 05-23-03 8
 Latest Update from OLN AZ_Leo 05-23-03 9
 5-27 update from olntv.com colleenwannabe 05-27-03 10
 They've started, will be televised ... AZ_Leo 05-29-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-13-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
Did actually watch part of this. What can I say, I'm a closet adventure seeker who dreams of being able to do things like this and Eco Challenge.

Most was a weather report from Everest and it doesn't look good. Apparently some of the worst winds ever for this time of year. The base camps have been pretty much totalled and will have to be rebuilt. Hosts could barely stand upright, the winds were so strong. There may be enough of a break to try for the summit next week but they will need about a 3-5 day window. One of the 5 athletes has already dropped out. Troy Henkel had decided that although he could probably make it up the mountain, he would have a hard time making it back down (isn't that the easy part, not being a climber I'm not sure). Rest are spending there days aclimatizing to the conditions by going on steep, almost vertical climbs up sheer snow cliffs then coming back and collapsing in heaps by their tents (doesn't that sound like fun?).

By the way, haven't yet spotted the Toyota 4Runner which was supposed to be such an essential part of the team but will keep an eye out.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
I was flipping thru channels and saw this. Didn't realize I got OLN channel. I remeber you posting about the show so though I'd have a look. They were showing old footage of Sir Hilliary (????) and his sherap going up the mountain. Looked like a documentary to me so I flipped it off. Maybe I'll have another go next week.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
Troy and Sam engineered the ousting of Darrin and Eric. They would have been great on the mountain. I'll be they are pleased he flaked out. Too bad, they couldn't have been flown out there to take his place. At least the evil Sam isn't there.

I wonder why the alternate, Andy, wasn't?

05-13-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
Might depend on when Troy backed out. If it was just recently then Andy wouldn't have had time to get used to the altitude and oxygen deprivation before they try the summit, especially if it's as early as next week.

05-14-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Global Extremes live from Everest starting Monday night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-03 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

Someone emailed me a request for the repeat schedule for this so I thought I would post it. Based on what I saw last night these should be repeats not new episodes.

Edited to add that times may be Mountain Standard time.

Title: Global Extremes: Mt. Everest
Episode: Mt. Everest Preview
Description: The field of participants has been narrowed to 5, who will attempt to summit Mt. Everest.
Showing: Date Time Channel
5/14/2003 9:00AM OLN
5/17/2003 2:00PM OLN
5/19/2003 9:00AM OLN
5/19/2003 7:00PM OLN
5/19/2003 10:00PM OLN

05-20-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
6. "Live summit attempt on Thursday"
LIVE Summit Attempt!
Thur., May 22
3:30 pm - 12:00 am ET

http://www.olntv.com

05-22-03, 03:54 PM (EST)
7. "Summit attempt delayed for rescue mission"
I'm probably the only one watching this but just in case, an update.

They were supposed to make their first summit attempt today but the climbing leader delayed so he and the support team could rescue 5 other climbers who became stranded above 27,000 feet. Apparently these climbers were stuck up there for almost 20 hours and had become delusional from lack of oxygen so couldn't get back down on their own. The rescued climbers are all doing fine.

There are also delays occurring due to congested traffic on the mountain (apparently Everest is the "in" place to be this season). Climbers are having to wait in line for more than an hour just to get to some of the more technical areas. At one point more than 100 people were waiting to make the attempt and 44 actually got to the summit yesterday.

Finally, one of the women, Colleen Inkhen has decided to drop out. She decided this after seeing that the weather was just barely good enough and seeing all of the rescues and injuries (another report said a different climber had broken his leg when another climber fell on him).

They plan to try again tomorrow.

http://www.olntv.com

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-23-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Summit attempt delayed for rescue mission"
Wow, it sounds like Grand Central Station up there! A local father-son team just made it to the summit Tuesday morning. The 20-year-old son became the youngest American to reach the summit. They said in an interview that the conditions were extremely treacherous, with 100 mph winds and climbing parties stacked one on top of the other. They said that tents were lined up like matches in a matchbook. A Russian party's tent came loose and blew into their tent, and an ice ax slashed a hole in it. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun! No wonder Colleen decided to drop out!

05-23-03, 05:40 PM (EST)
9. "Latest Update from OLN"
Again, mainly for my own amusement.

MT. EVEREST UPDATE
The Global Extremes summit attempt will be delayed for at least four days due to unfavorable weather on our climbing route. According to the OLN experts on site, the first window of opportunity could be on the afternoon of Tuesday, May 27th (ET). OLN will provide additional updates once they are available both on-air and right here on OLNTV.com. Colleen Ihnken has decided for personal reasons not to proceed as part of the 2003 OLN Global Extremes Mt. Everest Summit Expedition. Colleen has shown great courage coming this far and OLN wishes her well.

They reported yesterday that the window for climbing to the summit usually does not extend beyond the end of the month. The expert in the US said he had climbed as late as May 28. Not looking good.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-27-03, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "5-27 update from olntv.com"
5/27 Update: Climbing leader Chris Warner suffered a possible concussion during the rescue efforts on Mt. Everest last week when he was hit with an oxygen bottle. He is otherwise in good health and is returning home. Seasoned high altitude guide Mark Whetu will now lead the climb. Due to high winds, the next good weather window is Friday (5/30) or Saturday (5/31) and would present the next opportunity for a summit bid. Petit Pinson has decided not to proceed as part of the team. Petit has shown exceptional effort in her long journey and OLN wishes her well. Stay tuned to OLN and OLNTV.com for continued updates on our summit broadcast. Thanks for your patience.

05-29-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
11. "They've started, will be televised Sunday"
5/29-EXPEDITION UPDATE

OLN's Global Extremes Expedition Team began its attempt to summit Mt. Everest at 3:30 p.m. ET today. As the team started its ascent, climbing conditions at Camp 4 were ideal. It was 6º F and there was no wind. The summit bid will be broadcast in its entirety on OLN this Sunday, June 1 from 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. ET. Originally planned as a live broadcast from Mt. Everest, the summit attempt will be recorded live on Mt. Everest and sent via satellite from Katmandu, due to the loss of the satellite window from Mt. Everest. Stay tuned to OLN and OLNTV.com for further updates.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •