The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
I was alarmed when I turned on the TV. There appeared to be two new houseguests, in businesswear, participating in a challenge involving 100,000 red, white and blue balloons. Was this a new set of twins? Why was “Celebrate” playing? Worse, Julie Chen had been replaced by Dan Rather, who was rambling incoherently about The Long Way to Tipperary (Dan has trouble keeping abreast of the century lately). I was terribly relieved when I realized I was simply watching the Democratic Convention. Relieved, then irritated. It was ten minutes past 8:00! Why was this timid little variety show, albeit one dealing with the selection of America’s next CEO, interrupting my crap reality viewing pleasure? What kind of country is this?! Incensed, I chucked broken chads and Pirate Booty at the screen until CBS came to its senses (er, ratings?) and restored our normal, as-God-intended it, programming and Julie Chen, sausage-wrapped in some mint green, off-the-shoulder top straight from K-Mart’s Jennifer Beale Collection circa 1981, commenced the Recap: Scooter and Jizz make Nancy Drew cry, Jizz spews chunks before the challenge as an expression of his love for Holly (who makes the rest of us nauseous, too), Adria’s tearful speech about the Four Hors d’oeuvres of the Apocalypse squashing everyone else like roaches. Due to Reverse Edit Theory 101, we now know Adria ain’t going nowhere, and the Hellstrom Chronicles begin.

First, we hear a series of deeply theological discussions about the Fifteenth Houseguest: God. Marvin wonders if God watches Big Bother. (God: Are you kidding? I spend all day watching an entire sniveling planet and you think I’m going to tune in for more pissing and moaning in my off-hours?). Jeez is convinced God does not, in fact, approve of Big Brother, not even when Jason was on. Adria, who had lunch with God last week and feels He wants her to identify, and support, the “righteous” in the house, spends a lot of time reading Bible passages and interpreting them to mean God does not want her evicted. She prosthlyatizes to CB, among others, and weeps copiously. A. is as annoying as Holly at this point.

Turning to matters of the flesh, Scooter, Drool and Suckupalong Cassidy spend a lot of time watching Base and Bollywood make out. This both excites and infuriates the boys – Holly is, after all, a girl! A girl who is not making out with any of them! And Jizz spends more time with her than the Four H Club! Mischaracterizing homoerotic envy as strategy, Scooter launches a plan to evict Helium and thusly rope Adria into the Horsepuckies’ corral of sycophants, despite (actually, because of) the fact that this will deprive Jeepers of his squeaky bedtime toy. We head inexorably to the vote and termination sequence via Diary Room soliloquies that reveal absolutely nothing we did not know: Diane feels attacked by Holly (in a bad way), Jib thinks Holly’s a Cutie Pie and feels attacked by Holly (in a really like totally booty-licious way), and Karen thinks Holly needs to be liked too much. Karen also likens Holly to heroin, which immediately shreds the “chic” image heroin and Kate Moss have so carefully cultivated over the past ten years.

Julie asks the tough questions, the questions that need to be answered: Who would play Cowboy in the Big Brother Movie? After checking with Scud, Jeez and Drool, CB immediately comes to his very own conclusion: Brad Pitt. The boys of Big Bother spend more time talking about Brad Pitt than Jennifer Aniston’s hairstylist. Brad is probably jabbing knitting needles in his ears as we speak. Helium decides on a Barbie theme for the eviction ceremony and wears a big pink ribbon around her neck, offsetting an outfit made out of the Summer Pastels collection from Charmin Bathroom Tissue. Holly gives Jeez a matching pink cap and her itty bitty Hello Kitty (that was not code for anything dirty, by the way); it is clear Holly knows which way the balls are bouncing. She and A. make truly boring autowitter nominee speeches which I can’t remember at all, except I liked the bottles on the Ikea dresser behind A’s head. Making a long, ad-ridden story short, Holly is evicted by a vote of Everyone Except Jizz.

She teeters out to meet Julie and reviews the sayonara clips. About three guests call her “unique,” which is a word I use to describe people I cannot find nice things to say about, too. Diane makes my evening by saying, simply: “Thank God (see? there’s that God again!) and good riddance!” Holly says Diane has ugly insides. Holly’s own insides are minty fresh and just plain gorgeous, just ask Jeez (actually, no. He can’t tell you. He never got to that special level of intimacy a la David and Amanda, with the blue lights and the Target comforter and the cameras whirring erotically in the background). Julie reveals the Adria/Natalia Patty Duke Show twist. Other than a jaw drop, Holly’s face is completely motionless. If you worked for Loony Toons, here’s a partial list of sound effects you might use to demonstrate Holly trying to grasp the Twins Twist:

A lighter striking, striking, but never lighting
A stereo needle scratching a record to a halt
Crickets

Finally, Julie explains that A and N are twins. “They look alike, they walk alike, sometimes they even talk alike…you could lose your mind!” (Okay, if you don’t remember television’s best and brightest identical cousins and I’m totally dating myself, while Cathy adores a minuet, the Ballet Russe, and crepe suzette, our Patty loves to rock and roll-- a hot dog makes her lose control (again, probably not code for anything dirty) -- what a wild duet!). “Identical twins,” intones Julie. “And they look exactly alike!” Holly cries, as light, however dimly, dawns. So we’ve reached the end of the episode, and there’s good news and bad: The good news is, there does not appear to be a Holly Twin lurking out there. “Two Hollies! Are you kidding!” Holly squeals. America heaves a collective sigh of relief (or perhaps simply heaves, collectively). The bad news is, Holly’s family is as eerily absent as all the other families have been at eviction time this season, and I have a nasty feeling we may have to see her, and worse, hear her, again before the summer’s through.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... Schnookie Palookie 08-02-04 1
   RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... ginger 08-02-04 2
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... strid333 08-02-04 3
   RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... jack_bauer 08-02-04 4
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... Estee 08-02-04 5
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... samboohoo 08-02-04 6
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... motormouth 08-02-04 7
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... survivorscott 08-03-04 8
   RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... ginger 08-03-04 10
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... Breezy 08-03-04 9
 RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fift... AMAI 08-07-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Hilarious summary Ginger!

My absolute fave parts:

"Horsepuckies’ corral of sycophants."

and

"If you worked for Loony Toons, here’s a partial list of sound effects you might use to demonstrate Holly trying to grasp the Twins Twist:

A lighter striking, striking, but never lighting
A stereo needle scratching a record to a halt
Crickets"

*SNORT*

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

08-02-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
I totally punted the part with the moms, but figured by the time I got this posted other people had covered the mom angle. Glad you liked, sweetie...

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-02-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Great summary. I loved the description of Holly's bulb turning on. (So was it a 30W bulb?)

Three is the perfect number.

jack_bauer 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-02-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jack_bauer Click to send private message to jack_bauer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Me thinks it was one of those Christmas Tree bulbs. Perhaps blinking on and off.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
America heaves a collective sigh of relief (or perhaps simply heaves, collectively).

Which pretty much sums up my feelings towards A. Holly leaving and B. having to watch her try and think through Julie's questions. The problem is, I tried to do both at once...

(Aren't you glad Ginger has the strength and sense of humor to watch this drek? Don't you wish nobody else did, so it would be canceled with a Nielsen of 0.00000001?)

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Bless you, oh funny girl!! Love all the nicknames, especially Suckupalong Cassidy.

After the whole pink hat incident, I think we've resolved Holly's twin issue -- it's Erika from last year.

Great Summary, Ginger.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-02-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
"“And they look exactly alike!” Holly cries, as light, however dimly, dawns."

Great summary Ginger! Thanks.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-03-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Holly is evicted by a vote of Everyone Except Jizz.

and somewhere a handless mannaquin cries

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

08-03-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Great funny stuff Ginger!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-07-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official SB Big Bother the Fifth Episode 10 (Confused Yet?) Summary: Have a Jolly Holly Exit"
Very entertaining summary, Ginger!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •