The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

implode 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-26-03, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail implode Click to send private message to implode Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Disclaimer: I'm not sure what the exact policies are for posting new threads. I have read most of the pages here and don't remember it being seen posted here before. If this is in the wrong place I'm sure a MOD will find it in his/her heart to move this. This is the 2nd post of a long time lurker.

I have heard the final vote has a new twist in this survivor. The twist is that accumulated votes from all tribal councils act at negative votes against a tribe member in the final vote total. I think thise theory fits in VERY well with the outcast members who should have a distinct disadvantage after rentering the game.

For example if someone got 8 votes to 4, the second person could win if previous tribal councils had gone wrong and they had a -5 from it (provided the other person didn't have negative votes). This adds another layer to the game--as early votes can be piled strategically in the begining of the game for future survivors.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... jegas17 11-26-03 1
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... Blow by Blow 11-26-03 2
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... Goooey_Alley 11-26-03 3
   RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... implode 11-26-03 4
       RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... Acawap 11-26-03 5
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... mistofleas 11-26-03 6
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... ejm92 11-26-03 7
   RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... TeamJoisey 11-26-03 8
       RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... Breezy 11-26-03 9
           Final Vote Denalio 11-26-03 10
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... strid333 11-26-03 11
 We already know what the finale twi... Holiday 11-27-03 12
 RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... Rothschild 11-27-03 13
   RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... volsfan 11-27-03 14
       RE: Really Interesting Final Pick R... J Slice 11-27-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jegas17 19 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jegas17 Click to send private message to jegas17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
interesting and will suck if true. where did you get this info?

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-26-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
What's your source?

If this is true, it could be the person with the highest negative score who wins. I dunno, sounds pretty messed up to me and would allow non-jury members to muck up the final choice.

-P

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-26-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Hello!

Where have you heard the rumor?

Interesting but what if the Final 2 contestants have accumulated too many previous votes? I think this only qualified for tied votes (as usual), since it's impossible for the F2 TC have a tied vote since there is an odd # of voters (unless someone in jury will walk out and be sanctioned by MB, another reality drama.)

implode 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail implode Click to send private message to implode Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
I got it from a friend discussing a post on another message board...take it with a grain of salt like everything you read here.

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-26-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
I don't think this is a possibility, other than for tie-breakers (which should be impossible). Here's why:

-- at first thought I figured this would be good because it would put the outcasts at a disadvantage. however, it would give them a HUGE advantage. They were gone for a number of tribal councils, so got no votes. Suppose Nicole had returned. She'd have like 6 votes, while Jon, who has stayed the entire time, would have 10 or so, but never got voted out.
-- They didn't read all the votes at most of the TCs
-- They didn't tell the castaways about it, so what would the point of this be? if you're going to put in a twist, it'll be something that changes gameplay.
-- already had one huge twist.

I wouldn't mind if they used something like this late in the game, like using the past few TCs votes only. The problem is, if they were going to do that, they would've started at the merge, IMO.

Then again, I was didn't want to believe they'd bring back booted contestants, either.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-03, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Your post will have a lot more weight if you will tell us where you heard this information. Was it a friend of a friend? Internet site? Another Survivor Board? World News?

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-26-03, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
I doubt that this is true....EPM loves his jury, and he wouldn't want to take any power away from them because he has built them up to be such a sacred part of the game.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-26-03, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
... because he has built them up to be such a sacred part of the game.

Kinda like that whole "fire is life" thing?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Good point.

Still wondering if it will be a live vote, and the liar will get 0 votes.

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-26-03, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Final Vote"
Is there going to be something different this season regarding the final vote?

I assume the votes will all be made BEFORE the participants leave and the only LIVE part will be the revealing of the votes.
Even though a memeber of the jury may think "Holy Crap, that Jon is a lying a33hole, and I wish I would not have voted for him" there is nothing they can do about it since their vote was cast months ago.

What is all this talk about a LIVE final vote???

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-26-03, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
I admit that this sounds really interesting but I doubt it will be what is happening. The reason is because of what happened on Big Brother. In BB3, Danielle played with much more strategy yet said mean DR comments and as a result lost with a 9-1 vote (ouch).

To change that landslide, they formed a jury for BB4 and placed them is a sequester house for the remainder of the game where they were given video tapes of stuff like the challenges. We, as viewers and live feeders, got much more information about the what was happening on the show. After the votes, the jury was then shown the episodes that aired and that became the reunion show (which I didn't watch because I was boycotting it - I also missed the final vote). Jun still won with a landslide victory but it was simply because Ali was more despicable and the jury knew how bad she was.

Having the players see each other's confessionals did not work for BB3 and I don't think it will work for Survivor either. And the other option of sequestering the jury for 4 months isn't an option either.

Rupert is the perfect Survivor.

Holiday 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-03, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Holiday Click to send private message to Holiday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "We already know what the finale twist is (was)"
We we're told that there would be a few big twists this season and we know them all. 1) Stranding in the premier 2) Return of the Outcasts 3) Filming the finale from the host country (Panama). However, since the structure collapsed, this finale twist was cancelled and we'll see the winner live from Los Angeles. That's all the finale twist was going to be. I don't think MB would ever have two huge, "mother of all twists" in a single season.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-03, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Have the Outcasts return and be part of the jury.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Let's hope not...let's hope we have seen them for the final time!

My first post on spoilers with my new sig pic by J Slice!

Thanks so much J Slice

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
::bows::

any time

Afraid of pancakes since 1996

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •