URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4479
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"

Posted by implode on 11-26-03 at 05:41 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not sure what the exact policies are for posting new threads. I have read most of the pages here and don't remember it being seen posted here before. If this is in the wrong place I'm sure a MOD will find it in his/her heart to move this. This is the 2nd post of a long time lurker.

I have heard the final vote has a new twist in this survivor. The twist is that accumulated votes from all tribal councils act at negative votes against a tribe member in the final vote total. I think thise theory fits in VERY well with the outcast members who should have a distinct disadvantage after rentering the game.

For example if someone got 8 votes to 4, the second person could win if previous tribal councils had gone wrong and they had a -5 from it (provided the other person didn't have negative votes). This adds another layer to the game--as early votes can be piled strategically in the begining of the game for future survivors.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Really Interesting Final Pick Rumor"
Posted by jegas17 on 11-26-03 at 05:45 PM
interesting and will suck if true. where did you get this info?

Posted by Blow by Blow on 11-26-03 at 05:49 PM
What's your source?

If this is true, it could be the person with the highest negative score who wins. I dunno, sounds pretty messed up to me and would allow non-jury members to muck up the final choice.

-P

Posted by Goooey_Alley on 11-26-03 at 05:49 PM
Hello!

Where have you heard the rumor?

Interesting but what if the Final 2 contestants have accumulated too many previous votes? I think this only qualified for tied votes (as usual), since it's impossible for the F2 TC have a tied vote since there is an odd # of voters (unless someone in jury will walk out and be sanctioned by MB, another reality drama.)

Posted by implode on 11-26-03 at 05:57 PM
I got it from a friend discussing a post on another message board...take it with a grain of salt like everything you read here.

Posted by Acawap on 11-26-03 at 06:06 PM
I don't think this is a possibility, other than for tie-breakers (which should be impossible). Here's why:

-- at first thought I figured this would be good because it would put the outcasts at a disadvantage. however, it would give them a HUGE advantage. They were gone for a number of tribal councils, so got no votes. Suppose Nicole had returned. She'd have like 6 votes, while Jon, who has stayed the entire time, would have 10 or so, but never got voted out.
-- They didn't read all the votes at most of the TCs
-- They didn't tell the castaways about it, so what would the point of this be? if you're going to put in a twist, it'll be something that changes gameplay.
-- already had one huge twist.

I wouldn't mind if they used something like this late in the game, like using the past few TCs votes only. The problem is, if they were going to do that, they would've started at the merge, IMO.

Then again, I was didn't want to believe they'd bring back booted contestants, either.

Posted by mistofleas on 11-26-03 at 07:18 PM
Your post will have a lot more weight if you will tell us where you heard this information. Was it a friend of a friend? Internet site? Another Survivor Board? World News?

Posted by ejm92 on 11-26-03 at 07:46 PM
I doubt that this is true....EPM loves his jury, and he wouldn't want to take any power away from them because he has built them up to be such a sacred part of the game.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

Posted by TeamJoisey on 11-26-03 at 07:49 PM
... because he has built them up to be such a sacred part of the game.

Kinda like that whole "fire is life" thing?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by Breezy on 11-26-03 at 09:26 PM
Good point.

Still wondering if it will be a live vote, and the liar will get 0 votes.

"Final Vote"
Posted by Denalio on 11-26-03 at 10:55 PM
Is there going to be something different this season regarding the final vote?

I assume the votes will all be made BEFORE the participants leave and the only LIVE part will be the revealing of the votes.
Even though a memeber of the jury may think "Holy Crap, that Jon is a lying a33hole, and I wish I would not have voted for him" there is nothing they can do about it since their vote was cast months ago.

What is all this talk about a LIVE final vote???

Posted by strid333 on 11-26-03 at 11:11 PM
I admit that this sounds really interesting but I doubt it will be what is happening. The reason is because of what happened on Big Brother. In BB3, Danielle played with much more strategy yet said mean DR comments and as a result lost with a 9-1 vote (ouch).

To change that landslide, they formed a jury for BB4 and placed them is a sequester house for the remainder of the game where they were given video tapes of stuff like the challenges. We, as viewers and live feeders, got much more information about the what was happening on the show. After the votes, the jury was then shown the episodes that aired and that became the reunion show (which I didn't watch because I was boycotting it - I also missed the final vote). Jun still won with a landslide victory but it was simply because Ali was more despicable and the jury knew how bad she was.

Having the players see each other's confessionals did not work for BB3 and I don't think it will work for Survivor either. And the other option of sequestering the jury for 4 months isn't an option either.

Rupert is the perfect Survivor.

"We already know what the finale twist is (was)"
Posted by Holiday on 11-27-03 at 08:12 PM
We we're told that there would be a few big twists this season and we know them all. 1) Stranding in the premier 2) Return of the Outcasts 3) Filming the finale from the host country (Panama). However, since the structure collapsed, this finale twist was cancelled and we'll see the winner live from Los Angeles. That's all the finale twist was going to be. I don't think MB would ever have two huge, "mother of all twists" in a single season.

Posted by Rothschild on 11-27-03 at 08:39 PM
Have the Outcasts return and be part of the jury.

Posted by volsfan on 11-27-03 at 10:11 PM
Let's hope not...let's hope we have seen them for the final time!

My first post on spoilers with my new sig pic by J Slice!

Thanks so much J Slice

Posted by J Slice on 11-27-03 at 10:30 PM
::bows::

any time

Afraid of pancakes since 1996