The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10 Title"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-14-03, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10 Title"
From Yahoo TV listings:

"The Great Lie"
Original Airdate: Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Whew! Thank goodness! We can finally move forward with this discussion.

Misto, won't be long now!

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I thought we had the BL already? mavsfan 11-14-03 1
 RE: Episode 10 Title KeithFan 11-15-03 2
   RE: Episode 10 Title ExInterper 11-15-03 3
 RE: Episode 10 Title I_AM_HE 11-15-03 4
 The Great Lie tribephyl 11-15-03 5
   RE: The Great Lie ElroyJetson 11-15-03 6
       RE: The Great Lie TeamJoisey 11-17-03 22
 Something to do with Loved One visi... bebekid 11-15-03 7
   RE: Something to do with Loved One ... VerucaSalt 11-15-03 8
       RE: Something to do with Loved One ... oddout 11-15-03 16
           RE: Something to do with Loved One ... JazzyJax 11-19-03 36
   RE: Something to do with Loved One ... PokeyOkie 11-15-03 11
   JP wanted Jon to get back up mavsfan 11-15-03 13
       RE: JP wanted Jon to get back up I_AM_HE 11-15-03 14
   RE: Something to do with Loved One ... aethelstan 11-15-03 17
       RE: Something to do with Loved One ... Brownroach 11-17-03 23
   RE: Something to do with Loved One ... justalurker 11-19-03 35
 argh! cqvenus 11-15-03 9
   RE: argh! bebekid 11-15-03 10
       I knew it! cqvenus 11-15-03 12
   RE: argh! LeftPinky 11-15-03 15
 RE: Episode 10 Title volsfan 11-15-03 18
   RE: Episode 10 Title pdragonfly 11-16-03 19
       RE: Episode 10 Title volsfan 11-16-03 20
           RE: Episode 10 Title pdragonfly 11-16-03 21
 RE: Episode 10 Title caychris 11-17-03 24
   RE: Episode 10 Title VerucaSalt 11-17-03 25
       RE: Episode 10 Title pdragonfly 11-17-03 26
       RE: Episode 10 Title badger 11-17-03 27
           RE: Episode 10 Title volsfan 11-18-03 28
           RE: Episode 10 Title Brownroach 11-18-03 29
               RE: Episode 10 Title pdragonfly 11-18-03 30
                   RE: Episode 10 Title VerucaSalt 11-18-03 31
                       RE: Episode 10 Title badger 11-18-03 34
 I'm getting this sinking feeling LookeeLoo 11-18-03 32
   RE: I'm getting this sinking feelin... pdragonfly 11-18-03 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-03, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I thought we had the BL already?"
I thought we already had the Big Lie?

I thought the Big Lie was revealed when they Brought the Ghosties back... I thought the Big Lie was that this wasn't really SURVIVOR where fire means life, But instead we were really watching Love Cruise II where players enter and leave the game thru a revolving door.

I had become convinced that The Big Lie was told to ALL of US by MB and that the REAL SURVIVOR S7 would air sometime in December.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-03, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
Dang, after all the speculating, theorizing, deducing, and rationalization leading use through the twists and turns from Lil really being a stripper and the outfit was her onstage costume to Osten not being able to swim to Burton's promise to never, ever lie to Lil.....#$%#$%^ MB's just going to hand this to us on a freaking platter??

Let's all say it like a pirate.. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-03, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
So does this mean that Misto doesn't need to start a Part 6? Too bad: there are better script ideas in there than there are in most of TV land.

ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
does this mean the big lie is not part of a rupert boot? (assuming he goes next)
or is it the revelation of the lie after the fact?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 04:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "The Great Lie"
3 different interpretations...

1. This is the GL not the BL.
So, it must be bigger! Better! Greater?

2. In a scene right out of Joe Schmo, Lil and Burton tell the cast that they've been hired as actors to play the part of contestants in the show. They quickly walk off stage, and from the other side of TC in come RyanO and Ep9 boot, to rejoin the tribe. At which point RyanO gets immediately voted out, due to the twist.

3. Stupid ploy by MB to keep things interesting after Rupert is gone. Complete with pre-show uber-hype.

tribephyl

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Great Lie"
1. This is the GL not the BL.
So, it must be bigger! Better! Greater?

Less Filling!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-17-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Great Lie"
With a Bold New Scent!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

11-15-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Something to do with Loved One visit"
This is the episode with the Loved One reward challenge.

I think the Great Lie will have something to do with family. We have already seen lies about the game: voting, strategy, alliances, etc. That's nothing new to the game of Survivor.

The reward challenge will bring discussion of life back home. Someone will tell a lie about their family to gain respect and/or sympathy AND it gets them further into the game. This person will confess to the lie in a confessional and WE will know it, but the Survivors won't until they watch the episode with us. Thus fulfilling Jiffy's words.

The only candidate for The Great Lie, IMO, is Jon. According to the flight manifest, he is the only one that does not have a parent/sibling/spouse/fiance type loved one to visit. Who does he have? Some wrestling friend?

Anyway, after the reward challenge is over, they talk about their families and Jon lays a whopper on them. He later confesses it to the camera, because he does have a shred of a conscience, right?

The Queen has spoken.

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
Boo hoo hoo, Jonny Fairplay only had a friend visit because he has no family or they are dead or they are estranged boo hoo and that is why he had only his nasty wrestling buddy come visit boo hoo

Good as anything lol

oddout 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-15-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oddout Click to send private message to oddout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
Maybe Johnny Fairplay's friend is actually his boyfriend. He won't tell anyone else this, but will confess it to the cameras.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
LOL, wouldn't that be great? Actually, I had a friend in college that "came out" the month we graduated - up to that point he was a skirtchaser and (at times) was a verbally loud homophobe in public, almost got us beat up at dance places when he was drunk, never would have guessed

In this case, it was a case of "he who doth protests too much"

PokeyOkie 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PokeyOkie Click to send private message to PokeyOkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
When Lil's husband comes to visit, he recognizes Jon as a former scout in her troop, BSA's first recipient of the "Slimeball" merit badge.

Pokey

"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "JP wanted Jon to get back up"
This could also lead to the report that JP said something to the effect that originally he disliked Jon but later in the game when Jon got knocked down, he found himself rooting for Jon to get back up.

JP may feel right now that Jon's a jerk, but basic human compassion could explain JP's shift in feelings.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: JP wanted Jon to get back up"
...so he could kick him again

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-15-03, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
I think that the liar will admit the lie to his/her loved one in a private conversation. But the lie will have been going on for some time.

Well, I'm not convinced but it seems plausible.

Another quality creation by JSlice

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
That's what I was wondering too, aethelstan.

With this title, the lie must be revealed as a lie in this episode. But it might have been told earlier. J Pro knew the details of the lie and believed them for some amount of time, he said. (Although we don't know exactly how and when J Pro learned it was a lie.)

Anyway, I'm convinced it's Jon. I keep remembering these two tidbits:

Trish (on Jon): Somehow, even though...you couldn't trust him, oddly enough he was very believable.

and this post on Sucks:

Hoos First
Smee
(9/19/03 12:34 am)
Reply I posted this at another spot, but
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've known this guy for many years. I used to party with him here in Danville and at his school, Va Tech.

He's is an asshole when you first meet him. He's very obnoxious.

He used to do this thing called John's Fables, where he would make up the stupidest stories and actually have people believe him.

justalurker 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justalurker Click to send private message to justalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Something to do with Loved One visit"
I completely agree with this theory.. The fact that it is said to be the "grandmother" of all lies leads me to believe that the lie will be something about a grandmother. Jon will say that he has no family there because his grandmother is dying and his entire family has to be by her side. That is why his friend comes to visit instead. He wins rc and gives it to someone else which is the selfless act of the whole story and leads Jeff to root for him after that. He gets the boot anyway which is why Jeff said it has no impact in the outcome of the game and confesses his lie when he is giving his last statements to the camera.

I wish it would be something really juicy, but I doubt it.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "argh!"
good thing I noticed it's on wednesday. somehow I always forget that.

- figures MB saved it for this ep to prove to CBS a recrap is bad, bad, bad

11-15-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: argh!"
That's why I put it in bold, cq. Just for you!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I knew it!"
Thanks!

- doesn't know what she'd do w/o SB

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-15-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: argh!"
THANKgoodness it's on Wed. I'll be on a plane on Thursday!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
THANK GOODNESS! The speculation will finally be over!

Misto...I say lets leave this thread for all thoughts from here on out. At least everything will be on one thread!

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-16-03, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
Finially!!

Now we'll hear Lil confess that she's really not in the Scouts. Here she confesses that she's actually a truck driver and Knows Susan Hawk - they met at a truck stop and Susan told her how to win the game - pretend you're somebody else. Her friend from home probably goofs on her and no one else knows why. She goes to the confessional and has a big knee slappin laugh.

What else would explain her truck driver mouth?

11-16-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
PDRAGON too funny! I got a great chuckle out of your speculation. She sure had the ole sour look going that is for sure!

11-16-03, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
Thanks. It was in half-jest. Glad someone appreciated the joke.

caychris 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-17-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caychris Click to send private message to caychris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
Do you remember when Savage mentioned that Lil must have been from the worst scout troop ever. Because she couldnt tie a fishermans knot when they lost the last hook.

This might have been foreshadowing.

11-17-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
I will be shocked if Jon is not the liar, completely and utterly shocked and he'd have perfect occassion to lie since he doesn't have to worry about a family member or serious relationship to interfere. In fact if it happens when his friend is there, his friend is probably completely aware Jon is lying.

The ONLY other person I would potentially attribute the lie to is Burton but I am so convinced it is Jon that I barely am even acknowledging who else and what else it could be.

11-17-03, 09:08 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
I'm easy. Tell me what the lie is. Please make it a good one, cause MB is going to get bash mail from all of us if its a little lie.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-17-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
although jon certainly strikes me as a liar, VS, could he have possibly told a lie that would make JP go "m-----f----r!" wouldn't any word from the guy's mouth just make JP go "yeah, riiiiight" ?!?

now burton, 'specially with that nifty "scout's honor" thing he's pulled. . . HE's a m-----f--king liar, i can just tell.

11-18-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
Badger, I am in your corner. There is no lie that Jon can tell at this point that is going to shock me in the slightest! I posted this very point on the thread about the press release of today.

I would be completely shocked and say M------F----- if it is anyone other than Jon!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
I gather it's not so much the information that is shocking but the fact that the person would and could convincingly lie about this particular thing (and even sucker JP in).

We've all heard what a convincing liar Jon can be. Everyone gets all touchy-feely-weepy when it comes family reward time, so I can totally see Jon making up something suitable in conjunction with this, and no one would think twice about it being untrue because everyone's emotions are already being tugged.

11-18-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
Hm. If this is the reward challenge, then I'd say that its Christa who lies. Because she was supposed to get married - and they had the wedding there on the day that she was supposed to originally marry - they let Christa be with her man.

The lie? - no wedding plans were in the works. That's all in her head. It was a lie, and no one finds out until they watch the episode that she's not engaged or anything.

I put this scenario out because its something that everyone got involved in on Drake.

11-18-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 10 Title"

badger, volsfan you have a very good point, I guess I'm reacting to Jeff's reaction differently.

To build on what BR said b/c that is where my thinking is, the profanity Jeff uses IMO may be more about the fact that he can't believe they all fell for it. First of all, Jeff has been a direct member of all these shows, countless contestants, pretty much seen/heard everything. For JEFF to be duped for a time is probably a pretty big deal to him. His reaction to me is just simply M-------F-------r. He could have just been blown away that this lie had the duping impact it did.

I don't know Jeff from Adam, for all we know, he likes to express himself in a colorful manner. Add to the scenario that BECAUSE Jon is such a squirreley character, Jeff may be saying this because despite everyone knowing Jon is no Mr. Innocent, people still fell for it when they (in retrospect) should have known better. To me, it is pretty impressive that after all these days out there, Jon could still lie and these people (including Jeff) fell for it

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 10 Title"
gotcha, VS. your logic makes total sense. if jon can indeed sucker jp and everyone else, i will indeed be impressed. (too bad he's not on ASS, eh? but that's a whole different thread. . .)

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-03, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "I'm getting this sinking feeling"
"The Great Lie" -- One tribe member dupes his fellow castaways with one of the most shocking lies ever told on SURVIVOR, on a special original broadcast of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, Wednesday, Nov. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Why do I have this sinking feeling that the GL will be told, but will not be revealed to the tribe on this episode?

I really want to be convinced that the GL is told AND we also find out about it, along with the cast in the same episode.

LookeeLoo

11-18-03, 08:18 PM (EST)
33. "RE: I'm getting this sinking feeling"
I think you'll be disappointed because Jeffy said that the tribe wouldn't know it as a lie until they watched the episode. Perhaps a confessional will reveal it to all those watching.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •