The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-23-12, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Maybe he should give the Idol back so the girls can give it so someone who believes in hand outs. He refuses to do work around camp and admits in the secret confessional that he is a country club boy used to having everything done for him. Sounds like his life is one big handout. What a hypocrite. This guy annoys me so much. It sounds like all the guys know he has the Idol. The idol can only save him one time. Unfortunately it looks like he may have aligned with the 5 misfits which will extend his time in the game. I do not see him lasting deep in the game. Am I the only one who is so totally annoyed by this guy. I hope he goes home sooner than later.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... suzzee 02-23-12 1
   RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... iltarion 02-23-12 2
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... qwertypie 02-23-12 3
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... agman 02-23-12 5
   RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... stlouisfan76 03-23-12 30
 RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... Estee 02-23-12 4
 RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... dabo 02-23-12 6
   RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... iltarion 02-23-12 7
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... dabo 02-23-12 8
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... Estee 02-23-12 9
           RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... dabo 02-24-12 11
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... Colonel Zoidberg 02-24-12 10
           RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... agman 02-24-12 12
 FOX-era Republican: proven. Estee 03-08-12 13
   RE: FOX-era Republican: proven. iltarion 03-08-12 14
       RE: FOX-era Republican: proven. docman1111 03-08-12 19
           RE: FOX-era Republican: proven. dabo 03-08-12 23
 As far as I'm concerned...... agman 03-08-12 15
   RE: As far as I'm concerned...... Estee 03-08-12 16
   vote tally #1 dabo 03-08-12 17
       RE: vote tally #1 iltarion 03-08-12 18
           RE: vote tally #1 Toban 03-08-12 20
               RE: vote tally #1 Toban 03-08-12 21
   I think I figured it out. Colonel Zoidberg 03-08-12 22
   RE: As far as I'm concerned...... Jims02 03-08-12 24
       RE: As far as I'm concerned...... jasonkola 03-09-12 25
           RE: As far as I'm concerned...... agman 03-09-12 26
   vote tally #2 dabo 03-09-12 27
 He serves his party well. Estee 03-22-12 28
   RE: He serves his party well. suzzee 03-23-12 29
 RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... Colonel Zoidberg 03-23-12 31
   RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... foonermints 03-24-12 32
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... kingfish 04-03-12 35
   RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... iltarion 03-24-12 33
       RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do n... Colonel Zoidberg 04-02-12 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-12, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Hi ya jasonkola, you seem full of snark and frustration. Great, we can use you over in the BTS thresd.

Be The Survivor is a great place to bash. Come on over and pick a character or two and join in. New thresds start every episode. There's plenty to go around, we're just getting started.

linky for you

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/4206.shtml

suzzee aka

Burnett, get over here and clean up my beach.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-23-12, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""

Annoyed would be an understatement. I found Zoltan's crying routine with the women to be nearly unwatchable. In schizophrenic, Coach-like fashion, Zoltan rebounded to declare himself the King once more by the end.

It is actually reminiscent of Brandon last season. Both guys seriously need some therapy.

>

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-12, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Considering the thousands of applicants he beat out to be on Survivor, I'm actually angry.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-12, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-12 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

ROflmao!!!!!!!! I feel the same way!!!!!!!

stlouisfan76 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-12, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stlouisfan76 Click to send private message to stlouisfan76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
The disgusting little dweeb just does not get it.

Found this interview on another site.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article13454.art&page=1

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-12, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Rather than rework all my text, I'm pasting three comments I made about Colton in Spoilers because they pretty much sum up my feelings to date. None contain any future information about the show.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From preseason:

gay Republican Colton Cumbie

'Oh yes, I agree with you completely. I have no right to play this game. They never should have tortured heterosexual people by forcing them to put up with my presence. In fact, I know my merely being on network television is corrupting Christian families everywhere right now. I'm very sorry about this. I don't know what I was thinking. Don't even bother voting me out: I'll just head for the ocean and drown myself.'

We're at the point where 'gay Republican' has become the rough equivalent to 'Jewish Nazi.' You may hate yourself that much, but stop trying to take people with you.

From last night:

(Shortly into the first segment)

I'm starting to change my mind about Colton. I originally thought he had a case of self-hatred which you couldn't get over with a rocket launch. (Gay Republican: voting to take away his own civil rights even as we speak, because only he can know just how much he's weakening the nation.) Now I'm beginning to think he's the tagalong weakling you often see in medium to large gangs: the omega wolf which exists to be targeted by the stronger pack members when there's nothing better to do. And he takes whatever scraps come his way because as long as he can tell himself he's some part of the pack, it's better than being outside it -- plus whenever everyone else is done with their latest kill, he gets to put a few kicks into the dead body and call himself a conqueror.

And then one day the rest of the pack gets bored and tears his throat out.

(After episode previews)

Colton in confessional: I'm a republican and I do not believe in hand outs...

But for the same reason, he's fine with stealing from the poor.

Oh, and he's also down with taking somebody else's bailout, spending it on himself, and never-ever-ever paying it back.

We'll talk about his voting record as soon as he gets one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, he and I don't seem to be doing that well together.

I don't expect improvement.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-12, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
What a waste. The best thing that happened to him was the girls kicked him out of their camp. Then he was at rock bottom and resorted to displaying his HII to gain social rank among the other chimps.

02-23-12, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""

"Voting to take away his own rights"... One would have to have a right before they could vote to take it away.

I am assuming Zoltan isn't the only non-straight person who is Republican.

I also assume that is because their sexuality doesn't determine their politics and not because they hate themselves.

Many Repubs were against the bailout, hence the Tea Party.

Zoltan's problems are centered on his abject fear of men, not his politics.

>

02-23-12, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Zoltan has the new land speed Survivor record, he so rapidly reached the point in the game where he cannot possibly win at final TC because no one would vote for him, simply an amazing accomplishment. Wannabe Cochrans take note, Zoltan did it in four days, took Hercules weeks to reach that point.

02-23-12, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-12 AT 11:54 PM (EST)

Without getting into OT territory: it's certainly possible for a gay individual's fiscal and other assorted social politics (at least as applied to those outside your groups) to coincide with that of the GOP. And to that extent, that person would be a Republican. However, in the current party model, it is impossible to tell the rest of the field 'I am a true conservative' without being defenestrated, frequently literally, because that party has a large part of their current design around repressing you out of existence. So in that sense, to openly announce oneself as a gay Republican is to ask for full membership in a group that isn't going to provide it. But they will take your vote.

Self-hatred does come into some politics. And politicians. Examples are best kept to PM.

(ETA: Sexuality may not equal politics, but politics are often used to repress sexuality -- on a personal level. As in 'I can't be gay! I just hosted a Santorum fundraiser!' Sort of on the if-I-pray-hard-enough-it'll-go-away level, only with extra bullet points. Obviously not Colton's category.)

Pursuit. Of. Happiness. And now we drop it, right?

02-24-12, 11:05 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
I'm guessing he has a crush on Dubya or Jeb.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-12, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
I am assuming Zoltan isn't the only non-straight person who is Republican.

**searches frantically for the clip from American Dad but doesn't find it...suffice it to say, look for the episode titled "Lincoln Lover"**

Suffice it to say, Colton's been mad since minute one that he doesn't have any female allies on his tribe, and he's been mopey and unwilling to do anything more than fire off zingers and fart around since.

02-24-12, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
>Suffice it to say, Colton's been
>mad since minute one that
>he doesn't have any female
>allies on his tribe, and
>he's been mopey and unwilling
>to do anything more than
>fire off zingers and fart
>around since.

And that's on his "good" days!

03-08-12, 07:13 AM (EST)
13. "FOX-era Republican: proven."
'I've achieved both the numbers and total control! What's the first thing I want to do? Ostracize from within! Get rid of our crucial majority in the name of dumping those who don't believe exactly as I do! Throw out the alternate skin tones! Make a few speeches! And a few more speeches! And still more speeches while firmly believing that nothing I say will ever come back to haunt me in any way because I am totally right and anyone who votes against me is trailer trash whose opinion does not count even if it comes in the form of a ballot! That's right: I'm going to make F2 and the only vote Jeff will count is the one I cast! Because I said so and according to the record in my head, I have never been wrong about anything! Now get me housekeeping! This place is a mess! -- by the way, get one of those natives. I don't want to actually pay them anything...'

*applause*

03-08-12, 03:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: FOX-era Republican: proven."

Yes, Colton is your typical gay, rich, college educated, intellectual, non-religious, unemployed, name-calling, lazy Republican.

Oh, wait, all those things are exactly the opposite of the stereotype.

According to liberals, don't "trailer trash" typically vote Republican?

And speeches are the forte of lib politicians.

>

docman1111 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-12, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail docman1111 Click to send private message to docman1111 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: FOX-era Republican: proven."
I for one do not take Tinkerbell seriously. He's too much of a caricature to be real. No self-respecting person, whether Republican/conservative or Democrat/liberal, would act as he does, making a total a$$ of himself. It's more likely the producers of the show picked him out to be a villain and cement the idea of a mean, selfish, racist Republican in the minds of their 18 - 30 demographic. Everything his does and says is over the top. The other men in the tribe know he has the immunity idol. With that knowledge, it would be easy to vote him out. Why keep him when he's worthless in camp and loathsome to both tribes? It adds to the drama and tension needed to hold an audience.

03-08-12, 10:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: FOX-era Republican: proven."
Welcome aboard. Don't worry, we only call him a Republican because that's what he calls himself. We judge him by his actions and words. The fact that he reflects the society of elitist entitled snobbery, with all its blemishes of racism and judgmentalism and so on, prefering its form of laziness over doing actual work (which is so beneath anyone of proper station), reflects the prigs and bores with whom he lives and associates. One day perhaps -- we can hope -- he will wake up and realize that his entire life has been one giant handout, and he is less than nothing. He'll never get better as long as he doesn't realize he has a problem.

03-08-12, 05:43 PM (EST)
15. "As far as I'm concerned......"
This sums up Colton..............

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/why-colton-on-survivor-one-wor-44374.aspx

03-08-12, 05:50 PM (EST)
16. "RE: As far as I'm concerned......"
And he's probably right about the boomerang casting too.

03-08-12, 06:25 PM (EST)
17. "vote tally #1"
What do you think of Colton?

I hate him and want him gone forever 79%
I hate him, but he's a great villain 21%
I love him and want him to win 0%
Total Votes: 24

03-08-12, 06:48 PM (EST)
18. "RE: vote tally #1"

Consider me vote #25, and mine was with the majority.

I agree with the link that Colton's issues have nothing to do with race, which is too easy a claim whenever a "white" guy doesn't like a "black" one. His TC comments even paint his "ghetto trash" comment as one of socio-economic bias and not racial bias.

People are easily dismissing that his closest ally with the women is Sabrina.

>

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-12, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: vote tally #1"
In his post-game comments, Bill seems to agree with you. (There are some links on Survivorfever). Bill doesn't think he's racist; more like "classist". Whatever the case, he's a class A a-hole. The post on dlisted.com is hilarious and spoit-on. http://dlisted.com/2012/03/08/open-post-hosted-queen-#####-survivor

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-12, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: vote tally #1"
ugh, the word " b*tch" is in the link.

03-08-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "I think I figured it out."
Colton is a younger, more effeminate version of Randy. Perhaps entertaining, but noxious, toxic, and blatantly a crappy person. Could be perceived as a racist, though neither probably is, though both are bigoted in other senses.

That said, it probably means someone who vaguely tolerates Colton will win because of some ridiculous gesture of Colton's. And hopefully when Colton gets voted out, someone will blast him with their vote the way Crystal did.

That said, I'll tell Colton the same thing Crystal told Randy: Forget you, go home, goodbye.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-12, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: As far as I'm concerned......"
Colton is making me miss Na'Onka.

(That's really bad.)

A 2003 IceCat original

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-12, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: As far as I'm concerned......"
As much as I hate Colton, I believe he has become one of the greatest goats in survivor history. Right there with Russhole. They were both goats who you know you can take to the end and will not get many votes. This unfortunately means we will be seeing far too much of him as the season progresses. If the men wanted him gone they could have done it last night and sided with Bill.

03-09-12, 10:31 AM (EST)
26. "RE: As far as I'm concerned......"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

What I find alarming is that all of a sudden Russhole doesn't seem so bad in comparison! I can't believe the men are so afraid of Colton and let him run things.

If anyone is going to stand up to him, it will be the women after the merge!

03-09-12, 11:21 AM (EST)
27. "vote tally #2"
What do you think of Colton?
I hate him and want him gone forever 81%
I hate him, but he's a great villain 15%
I love him and want him to win 4%
Total Votes: 52

03-22-12, 02:52 AM (EST)
28. "He serves his party well."
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-12 AT 02:54 AM (EST)

Because exposure to Colton makes people want to vote against any law granting full equal rights to homosexuals on the off chance that by doing so, they will prevent him from ever being happy. But then you realize that not only would he personally consider being equal to others as a step down, no one's ever going to be stupid enough to marry him anyway, so there's really no reason to ruin things for everyone else...

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-12, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: He serves his party well."
I promised him a dress discount

I'll go bridal on your a$$

03-23-12, 10:36 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
I assume that, as a Republican, he will insist on billing his own private insurance company for his hospital stay rather than relying on a "handout" of free medical care from CBS.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-12, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
We gave him something for free!

E Coli: using Stink to fight Stink!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-12, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
Hopefully it itches.

03-24-12, 04:25 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""

I'm sure CBS is contracted to pay for all medical bills that result from the game or originate during the time spent in the game. So, CBS would be expected to fulfill their obligation. It is not a handout.

>

04-02-12, 09:56 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Colton "I'm a Republican I do not believe in handouts""
You with your relentless logic interrupting my Colton-bashing! Damn you!

I suppose it is a contractual obligation. That said, one could construe it as a handout. I am merely taking it to the American Dad level of extreme.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •