The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-18-03, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Jeff was just on and said a few nice tidbits. Said right away that Osten can't swim, that something happens right after the marooning that sets the tone for the next 39 days (I am paraphrasing), one tribe did very well "shopping" while the other did not do well at all, the greatest lie was also mentioned and the big regret - he said that someone does something that will probably make them regret it for a long while, and a twist that comes up will either make viewers angry or happy. He also said that this time they realised that you better not vote off the strong ones early because they will be needed.

Again - just paraphrasing the interview - I'm sure the transcript will fill in the holes I left!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show mistofleas 09-18-03 1
 RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show SurvivorBlows 09-18-03 2
   RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show mistofleas 09-18-03 3
       RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show SurvivorBlows 09-18-03 4
           RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show mistofleas 09-18-03 5
           RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show bebekid 09-18-03 7
       RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show zzz 09-18-03 8
 RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show Brownroach 09-18-03 6
   RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show Draco Malfoy 09-18-03 9
   RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show Krautboy 09-18-03 10
       RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show LeftPinky 09-18-03 14
 RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show FSUGUY 09-18-03 11
   RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show Amily 09-18-03 13
       RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show LeftPinky 09-18-03 15
           bingo FSUGUY 09-18-03 16
               RE: bingo VerucaSalt 09-18-03 17
 RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show Deonna 09-18-03 12
 39 Days? GuessItRains 09-18-03 18
   RE: 39 Days? FSUGUY 09-18-03 19
       RE: 39 Days? suzieqdw 09-18-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-03, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-03 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

Said right away that Osten can't swim,

Just to clarify Jiffy actually said "Osten was another person that couldn't swim".

He could have either been lumping Osten in with Gervese from a previous season OR he was saying that Osten as well as "another" person on this season that couldn't swim.

I have no particular thoughts either way, I just wanted to clarify what Jiffy said precisely.

Other than that, Amily got pretty much what I got from the Early Show. I took notes and those were the highlights.

Jiffy did speak of the "big lie" and the "big regret" but it seemed moreso this time that they are separate things. Like, since he's talking about "big" things he just mentioned them together.

That's what I got, how about ya'll?

--was late for work because she waited to see Jiffy

edited to fix past and present tense

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
>and a twist that comes up will either make viewers angry
>or happy.

Well clearly I'd think, based on the feedback already seen here to the idea, that the return of someone who was voted out into the game would certainly meet this criteria.

-SB

09-18-03, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Absolutely webby. I was thinking the same thing when he said
it. This just solidifies in my mind that 1 or more people are brought back into the game and while "we" the spoiling community may like the change, the rest of the viewing audience may not handle the difference very well at all.

Especially if the "come back" takes it all the way.

--notes that most people either fear change or embrace it

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
>while "we" the spoiling community may like the change, the rest
>of the viewing audience may not handle the difference very
>well at all.

Just to be clear, I don't like the idea either

-SB

09-18-03, 09:56 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Just to be clear, I don't like the idea either

Crystal clear webby .

I'm not sure I like the idea of someone coming back either, but frankly a change of any kind at this point will be welcome! I'm reserving judgement until I actually see if before either throwing tomatoes or laurels.

--goes to the garden to gather both

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-18-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
>Just to be clear, I don't
>like the idea either
>-SB

Neither do I, Webby. Although I will reserve final judgement until I see how it all plays out.

MB can twist certain aspects of the game to shake things up, but there are some things that are fundamental to the game. Things that make Survivor SURVIVOR, not Big Brother 3 or any other reality show. One your torch is snuffed, you are out. What does Jiffy say at TC, "All decisions are final"? I hope he leaves that part out this time if indeed a booted player can return.

-is giddy with anticipation for tonight

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Actually, I think the spoiling community will take it worse, by and large, than the rest of the public. Most people just want to be entertained, and a twist that surprises them and makes the outcome less predictible is generally accepted by the public.

The spoiling community, on the other hand, tend to be more purist about these things. People will say things like, "This is Survivor, not Love Cruise." (Do you think Shakes is still bitter?) The general viewing audience probably does not even remember Love Cruise and don't necessarily keep track of Survivor rules and traditions that carefully.

As long as the method of choosing who will come back does not appear to be too tilted in favor of one player or another, I think the general audience will take it fine. The spoiling audience may grumble, but they will get used to it. My recollection is that many in the spoiling community were originally bothered by the tribal swaps, but now just accept it as part of Survivor.

By now, everyone should be aware that MB can do whatever he wants, within the bounds of the law (and perhaps sometimes outside those bounds)--and he will. He is scared that the formula will get stale, and he is going to do every trick he can think of (or that others have thought of but he has not yet used) to try to make the game less predictible and more entertaining. All he cares about are ratings, not purity.

As for my opinion (as if it matters), I don't think there is anything inherently unfair about bringing a player back. I think the original swap may have been unfair because the players had no reason to think anything like that would be possible or permissible under their understanding of the rules. By this point, anyone going on that show should know that any twist is possible and should be prepared. Survivor is a fluid game that will remain that way to avoid getting old too quickly. I have already started to lose a lot of my enthusiasm for watching the show (although that might be because Jenna won last time which was really annoying to me). On the other hand, the return of a voted off player may not be enough excitement to really make a difference on whether the show is still fresh or not.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
He also said that this time they realised that you better not vote off the strong ones early because they will be needed.

So, do they realize this after they vote them off or before?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
I dunno... but something tells me this may not bode well for Rupert staying long.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:321 Loss To Date:-18
I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
I would think that after the cannon drag challenge, described as one of the most physically demanding challenges for far, they would recognize the importance of strength right from the start, but maybe they choose to ignore the fact and it comes back to haunt them...

Krautboy

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Sounds completely logical KB thus the alleged first three boots of Nicole, Ryan S & Jon would meet the criteria...all have weaknesses to exploit.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-18-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
I just heard a small sound bite from JP. I think he said that tonite after the barter trip is another twist that has an impact on the next 39 days. anybody hear that?

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-18-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Yes - I heard that on the Early Show this morning (I mentioned it above but just paraphrased what Jeff said). He kind of just said that after the bartering something happens that sets the tone for the next 39 days, etc. ... then went on to say how one tribe shopped better than the other - maybe that was what set the tone? That one tribe is much better prepared than the other which helps them out in the long run???

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Leads to plunder and pillage of the other's camp... or let's make a deal type atmosphere.

09-18-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "bingo"
I found this on a link from snewser:

"Pearl Islands," set off the coast of Panama in waters that used to be plagued by the likes of Sir Francis Drake, bears a pirate theme, and the premiere's first 15 minutes features one of the funniest "Survivor" moments ever, when one contestant decides to take being a modern-day pirate to its logical conclusion and plunders the other team's unguarded supplies.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-18-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: bingo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-03 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

It is Rupert FS; supposedly he actually steals the ladies shoes either right from the boat or at the market (heard two conflicting accounts as to where it happens) to use in bartering with the locals. Gotta love Rupert

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-18-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
On an L.A. radio station, Jeff Probst said that three of the studly guys get naked right off the bat.

I am also paraphrasing.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "39 Days?"
Just as a question/clarification, did Jeff confirm that S7 will last 39 days?

I only ask this in the context of the returning player. We will pretty much have to have 2 people leave/be evicted in one episode for a replacement to come back in, won't we? What's MB going to do, order both tribes to tribal council?

09-18-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 39 Days?"
i heard him say 39. now that may be JP quoted from what the contestants are thinking when they get there.

Both tribes??? Rumors floating about a third tribe!

suzieqdw 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzieqdw Click to send private message to suzieqdw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 39 Days?"
please see my separate message. Our local newspaper spilled the beans and said that the bearded guy steals all of the other tribes supplies (mostly shoes) and barters with them in the village.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •