The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The next pitstop...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

sjunkim 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-28-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sjunkim Click to send private message to sjunkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The next pitstop...."
I found some pics of the next pitstop but I have no idea where it is... If you check 'Phils Photos' on the CBS webpage and go the the Switzerland one, you'll see the pitstop setting but its by some water... perhaps on a boat...

On a side note I found it amusing how so many teams couldn't add 12 numbers on a clock...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The next pitstop.... ejm92 11-28-02 1
 RE: The next pitstop.... Serendipity 11-28-02 2
   RE: The next pitstop.... Chrissy gal 11-28-02 4
       RE: The next pitstop.... rucksack 11-29-02 8
 RE: The next pitstop.... cmaybur 11-28-02 3
   RE: The next pitstop.... magic_star 11-28-02 5
       RE: The next pitstop.... cmaybur 11-28-02 6
           RE: The next pitstop.... magic_star 11-28-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-28-02, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The next pitstop...."
Pitstop looks interesting.....and referring to the clock, I was almost positive that there was like a misprint on the clock with an extra number, but then it clicked that it was more of a trick question than anything.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The next pitstop...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

Looks like Lake Geneva to me - maybe somewhere near Montreux or Vevey?

ETA the word Lake.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-28-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The next pitstop...."
I looked at Phil's pictures. This castle is in Montreaux:

Montreaux is where the song "Smoke on the Water" was written. "We all went out to Montreaux on the Lake Geneva shoreline. To make records with a mobile, we didn't have much time. Frank Zappa and the Mothers had the best place around. Some stupid with a flare-gun burned the place to the ground..."

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The next pitstop...."
Montreux is about 30 mins outside of Lausanne by train. From the station you either have to hike up or take the bus (which comes by quite rarely) so this may lead to a mad dash to the mat. Another John Vito/Jill and Ken/Gerard last minute race?

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-28-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The next pitstop...."
Okay, if episode 9 also ends in Switzerland (which the photos clearly indicate) and episode 10 ends in Singapore (which the spoilers clearly indicate), where does that leave the last three legs?

We know they have to reach Vietnam at some point. Don't we have confirmation that the teams also travel to Malaysia? I remember reading something about the teams visiting the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lampur... weren't those the towers in "Entrapment"?

I also think it's likely the teams will have to stop somewhere in the U.S. before actually heading to the final city. Do you think they'll do Hawaii again? Or Alaska?

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-28-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The next pitstop...."
This is how I think the last few episodes go...

9.Switzerland(Elimination 8)
10.Malaysia/Singapore(Non-Elimination)
11.Possible Kuala Lumpur or Vietnam(Elimination 9)
12.Vietnam or U.S./Canada
13.Finale in U.S.

Kuala Lumpur is the only one that is not confirmed. It's possible that they could do an all U.S. or maybe Canada/U.S. final 2 episodes moving Vietnam to episode 11 and there would be no Kuala Lumpur.

The Teri/Ian and Flo/Zach spoiler says they're going to Hawaii but it could just be for a stop over.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-28-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The next pitstop...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

Kuala Lumpur is the only one that is not confirmed.

Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-28-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The next pitstop...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Alright that is why I hate geography lol. Then they should be going there because the CBS press release from early on in the race said they would be going to Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur is also one of the locations on the map.

So I'll with...

9.Switzerland
10.Malaysia/Singapore
11.Vietnam
12.U.S./Canada
13.U.S.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •