URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 402
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The next pitstop...."

Posted by sjunkim on 11-28-02 at 01:14 AM
I found some pics of the next pitstop but I have no idea where it is... If you check 'Phils Photos' on the CBS webpage and go the the Switzerland one, you'll see the pitstop setting but its by some water... perhaps on a boat...

On a side note I found it amusing how so many teams couldn't add 12 numbers on a clock...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The next pitstop...."
Posted by ejm92 on 11-28-02 at 10:33 AM
Pitstop looks interesting.....and referring to the clock, I was almost positive that there was like a misprint on the clock with an extra number, but then it clicked that it was more of a trick question than anything.

Posted by Serendipity on 11-28-02 at 01:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

Looks like Lake Geneva to me - maybe somewhere near Montreux or Vevey?

ETA the word Lake.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 11-28-02 at 03:13 PM
I looked at Phil's pictures. This castle is in Montreaux:

Montreaux is where the song "Smoke on the Water" was written. "We all went out to Montreaux on the Lake Geneva shoreline. To make records with a mobile, we didn't have much time. Frank Zappa and the Mothers had the best place around. Some stupid with a flare-gun burned the place to the ground..."

Posted by rucksack on 11-29-02 at 12:35 PM
Montreux is about 30 mins outside of Lausanne by train. From the station you either have to hike up or take the bus (which comes by quite rarely) so this may lead to a mad dash to the mat. Another John Vito/Jill and Ken/Gerard last minute race?

Posted by cmaybur on 11-28-02 at 02:27 PM
Okay, if episode 9 also ends in Switzerland (which the photos clearly indicate) and episode 10 ends in Singapore (which the spoilers clearly indicate), where does that leave the last three legs?

We know they have to reach Vietnam at some point. Don't we have confirmation that the teams also travel to Malaysia? I remember reading something about the teams visiting the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lampur... weren't those the towers in "Entrapment"?

I also think it's likely the teams will have to stop somewhere in the U.S. before actually heading to the final city. Do you think they'll do Hawaii again? Or Alaska?

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

Posted by magic_star on 11-28-02 at 04:16 PM
This is how I think the last few episodes go...

9.Switzerland(Elimination 8)
10.Malaysia/Singapore(Non-Elimination)
11.Possible Kuala Lumpur or Vietnam(Elimination 9)
12.Vietnam or U.S./Canada
13.Finale in U.S.

Kuala Lumpur is the only one that is not confirmed. It's possible that they could do an all U.S. or maybe Canada/U.S. final 2 episodes moving Vietnam to episode 11 and there would be no Kuala Lumpur.

The Teri/Ian and Flo/Zach spoiler says they're going to Hawaii but it could just be for a stop over.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Posted by cmaybur on 11-28-02 at 05:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

Kuala Lumpur is the only one that is not confirmed.

Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

Posted by magic_star on 11-28-02 at 05:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Alright that is why I hate geography lol. Then they should be going there because the CBS press release from early on in the race said they would be going to Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur is also one of the locations on the map.

So I'll with...

9.Switzerland
10.Malaysia/Singapore
11.Vietnam
12.U.S./Canada
13.U.S.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!