The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Jon Dalton

An art consultant, Dalton hails from Danville, Va. He is 29.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 From the CBS website jkokoj 08-28-03 1
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Brownroach 08-28-03 2
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton SurvivorBlows 08-28-03 3
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton AZ_Leo 08-29-03 16
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton djk 08-28-03 4
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Tumbler 08-28-03 5
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Brownroach 08-28-03 6
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Thaibeach 08-28-03 7
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton strid333 08-29-03 13
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton PhoenixMons 08-28-03 8
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Brownroach 08-28-03 9
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Coconut 08-28-03 10
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton smiley 08-29-03 14
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Tumbler 08-28-03 11
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton SteffiGurl 08-28-03 12
 Hateable guy? Brownroach 08-29-03 15
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton ejm92 09-01-03 17
   God bless MB anotherkim 09-02-03 18
       RE: God bless MB queencityfan 09-02-03 19
       RE: God bless MB djandy 09-02-03 20
           RE: God bless MB VerucaSalt 09-18-03 21
       RE: God bless MB ginger 09-18-03 22
           Joanna was annoying anotherkim 09-19-03 25
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton bobstew617 09-19-03 23
       RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Wacoshade 09-19-03 28
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton SurvivorRox 09-19-03 24
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton Brownroach 09-19-03 27
 So THAT's what an Art Consultant do... tamarama 09-19-03 26
   RE: So THAT's what an Art Consultan... princessoftides 09-19-03 29
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton kykate 09-19-03 30
   RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton kykate 09-19-03 31
 Two posts on Sucks Brownroach 09-19-03 32
   Jon accepting wrestling bookings Brownroach 09-19-03 33
 RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton: TV G... Purrl 09-19-03 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "From the CBS website"

Originally from Danville, Virginia, Jon Dalton attended George Washington High School followed by college at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blacksburg. After college, he moved to Washington, D.C. and Portland, Oregon before settling in Los Angeles. He is currently single and most recently worked as a senior art consultant for the Tamara Bane Gallery. He previously worked as a production assistant for pro-wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper, and also worked in radio ad sales and phone sales. His three favorite hobbies are girls, music and television. He describes himself as sharp, quick and amazing. He is most proud of being the first person in his family to go to college and leave his hometown. His favorite sport is college football. His hero is Hugh Hefner. He believes he's a perfect candidate for SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because he claims he is "smarter than the average bear" with great organizational skills, leadership ability, has a strong work ethic and doesn't leave things unfinished. His birth date is March 11, 1974.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
On the Early Show, he said his plan is to get rid of the old people first and create a "utopia" for the young people.

I hope this plan fails, since he came across as a jerk, imo.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
I think this guy is a jerk... in the Early Show video he says "I hate the old people... and I'm going to do everything I can to get rid of the old people" -- little does he seem to realize that at 29 (while apparently trying to act like he's still 22, dump the damn hat already, you're in the tropics... or at least supposed to be) he *IS* one of the "older people" -- there are only FIVE people in the cast older than him.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-29-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Just to add to his jerkness, on one of the other shows he said his ambition was to be the first to have sex on Survivor. Please let him be the first off.

djk 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-28-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djk Click to send private message to djk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
I don't like this guy either, who has Hugh Hefner as a hero??? I'm guessing (maybe more like hoping) he goes before the jury.

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-28-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
He seems pretty darn sure of himself. Seems like an arrogant type to me too. Lots of bushy hair this season eh! Although I do look up to Hugh Hefner!

Tumbler

08-28-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
They had a shot of him talking to Christa in camp, I think. A Blond Alliance, maybe?

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-28-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

Please let this jack*ss be the first boot.

A 29-year-old is no kid, particularly among this group - so he's not only annoying, he's delusional. Here's hoping he'll be the first "old person" to get the boot.

The knit cap is not my idea of a tropical essential. Maybe he's covering up a bald spot.

Edited to add: Brownroach, your "Blonde Alliance" may be the first two boots, according to Snewser. His descriptions (though he said they were not confirmed) sound like Jon and Christa.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-29-03, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"

>
>The knit cap is not my
>idea of a tropical essential.
> Maybe he's covering up
>a bald spot.

True, but you could always unravel a toque and have a good length of string which is always useful. I also think a tie could be useful, too.

Three is the perfect number.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-28-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Not only does he sound like a jerk, but apparently he's never watched survivor...doesn't he realize that the ONLY way to succeed in survivor is to be on the side of the older folks in your tribe (older meaning older in comparison to the rest of the tribe...the average age has gone down a LOT since the beginning ). He will be toast...my prediction is either first or second boot (or first boot from his tribe if they go on an immunity run or something). Bye-bye Jon!!!!!

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

08-28-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

He probably made this remark before he met any of the other contestants, thinking he'd be on a tribe with at least one "old fogey." As it turns out, there are two people younger than him on his tribe: Krista (24) and Michele (22). He's the same age (29) as Sandra and Shawn. Burton (31), Rupert (39) and Trish (42) are older. No huge age disparities in either direction.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Yup. If you look very carefully, he has "Moron" knitted into his hat.

get a haircut and get a real job.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-29-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
so True Coco....this guy won't last long

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
I think you are right. His favorite alcoholic drink is Pabst Blue Ribbon? Whoa! I had no idea there even was alcohol in PBR. But really...gross.

Tumbler

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-28-03, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
I instantly don't like this guy. He reminds of me TAR's Wil, Survivor's Jed, BB's Scott and random other reality show losers who have no clue of their pathetically obnoxious appearance to the people around him. I'm already rooting for him to go first.

08-29-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
15. "Hateable guy?"
He was actually spoiled as a contestant on Sucks (albeit without a name) a couple of weeks ago:

Sweeper
(8/11/03 12:00 pm)
Reply Contestant - LA Art Gallery Employee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know of a guy who works at Robert Bane Editions (rbeditions.com) who just got back from being a contestant on Survivor. A friend of mine works with him at the gallery. He doesn't know much about the game but was handpicked by producers when they saw him pumping gas one day in LA. Apparently, he's kind of a know-it-all that likes to "drop names." Sounds like a real hateable guy. He's in his early thirties. Didn't find out if he came back having lost weight or what. But I'm going to keep prodding. I'll try to find out his name too.

If his co-workers think he's annoying, how will his tribemates react, I wonder.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-01-03, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
A few short clips of Jon were on the WDBJ7 newscasts this week in Roanoke, Virginia, not far from his hometown of Danville....

His proudest accomplishment, so far, is becoming the first in his family to leave his hometown of Danville and go to college. Now Jon Dalton will be among the 16 new castaways on "Survivor: Pearl Islands" when it debuts next month on CBS.

Jon Dalton: "My goal is to create a conflict one to three days before every Tribal Council, start that conflict, get as far away as possible and then let it go."

Jon Dalton: "...true confidence, knowing how great looking, how smart, how amazing that I really am. It's hard to be this great. Fortunately I am."

During taping of the show on the Pearl Islands off the coast of Panama, Dalton apparently got by on humility....

Dalton went to Virginia Tech. The 29-year old lives in L-A, now.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "God bless MB"

There wasn't anyone that was truly hateable last time around for me....looks like we have a winner.

Anyone whose goal is to stir up conflict is gonna get busted pretty soon.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--people lose their minds when they get on TV....what a nitwit.

queencityfan 123 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queencityfan Click to send private message to queencityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: God bless MB"
Amen to that.

I noticed too that he lists his occupation as a consultant. Is'nt that a fancy way of saying he can't keep a steady job?

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-02-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: God bless MB"
The TV Guide Reporter did an interview on The Early Show on 8/29, and he said that Jon was a joker, and that his goal was to have Survivor's first orgy. Sounds like an immature 29 year old stuck back in high school. Jon already is dead last on my Survivors Love List.

djandy

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-18-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: God bless MB"
Jon is the liar

www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Entertainment/2003/09/18/195614.html

Probst says Dalton, an art consultant from Virginia, takes the prize for "squirreliest" contestant ever. He's responsible for "the greatest lie ever told on Survivor," says Probst, who's heard a few whoppers.

It leads to the "biggest regret" and "the most dramatic, impactful twist yet," he says. Hey -- we thought Dalton told the biggest whopper. RRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: God bless MB"
You didn't find Joanna pretty hateable?

>

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Joanna was annoying"

she got on my nerves, but I didn't hate her, really.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--she's very nice IRL, fwiw.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-03, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Oh WHY does this LOSER have to be from Virginia Tech--that's MY alma mater. It's bad enough to be called a HOKIE all my life (SOB)

(And what's worse, I 'm a Hokie from New Jersey!)

Wacoshade 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacoshade Click to send private message to Wacoshade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
If someone else mentioned it already, my bad, but...

Isn't it interesting that TWO members of the Drake tribe are Hokies? Jon AND Michelle?

SurvivorRox 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorRox Click to send private message to SurvivorRox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
First time for me to post here but have been a lurker for years and always amazes me how much info you guys come up with. I came across some info on some of the players on survivor 7 on thesmokinggun.com website. If someone has already posted it and I missed it...I apologize...otherwise just some more info.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/hastiemain1.html

Don't think it's spoiler material but interesting info at the least.

09-19-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
27. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Welcome to SB, SurvivorRox. Yes the Smoking Gun reports have already been made known, and there probably was a link in some thread or other around here.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-19-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "So THAT's what an Art Consultant does"
I was having trouble reconciling Jon's *ahem* personality with his occupation. (both pre show & last night during the episode)

I mean, an art consultant -- even if they work for Joe's Furniture Store -- is at least going to be able to PRETEND to have some class.

So I checked out the website for the "gallery" he works for.
(listed earlier in this thread: rbeditions.com)

Being at work, I had to get off this site pretty quickly -- I won't be able to check it out further because of the nudity (yep, nudity).

I also noticed when I googled 'Robert Bane Editions' it came up with things like 'taboogallery' and 'forbidden fantasy'.

Needless to say, I'm no longer having trouble picturing Jon selling art.

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: So THAT's what an Art Consultant does"
Nice find, T. It lines up with Sandra's "used to be a porn star or something" comment in Markopolo's Yahoo Insider thread....

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Found this link about Jon Dalton a Yahoo search engine. Author of article not too fond of Survivor fans.

http://powvideo.com/jondalton.html

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton"
Also found old picture link:

09-19-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
32. "Two posts on Sucks"
They sound reasonably believable. The second may be the more interesting of the two.

Charlie the Big Dog
Long John Silver
(9/18/03 11:45 pm)
Re: no way
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know Jon Dalton. Didn't realize it until I saw him on the show (wasn't really paying to much attention until now). He used to wrestle in Portland Championship Wrestling. I wrestle for North Western Wrestling Association out of Walla Walla, WA, but I've done shows for Piper and his group.

The man is an incredible asshole. All the guys from NWWA who have done shots for PCW seem to agree. I haven't actually worked in the ring with him but I've seen him work and he's possibly one of the worst wrestlers I've seen. In fact, I can only think of a handful of guys worse then him. Giant Gonzalas, Nathan Jones, and Zach Gowen. To say that he lacks all fundementals is an understatement. He has a complete lack of moveset, psychology, and pacing. Additionly, he's such a prick that he's known to "No-Sell" moves, which means not act hurt. He's only got a job because he's Roddy Pippernutz' prison #####.

For what it's worth. Incredibly I wouldn't be suprised if his stint on Survivor lands him in the WWE sooner or later.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hoos First
Smee
(9/19/03 12:34 am)
Reply I posted this at another spot, but
I've known this guy for many years. I used to party with him here in Danville and at his school, Va Tech.

He's is an asshole when you first meet him. He's very obnoxious.

He used to do this thing called John's Fables, where he would make up the stupidest stories and actually have people believe him.

I talked to him about a month ago here in Danville. He didnt say much, but the way he talked he might be there awhile. He also said he was hired to be a gameshow host in the near future.

09-19-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
33. "Jon accepting wrestling bookings"
And more from the first poster:

Charlie the Big Dog
Long John Silver
(9/19/03 3:06 pm)
Re: He will be around
-------------------------------------------------------------
OK guys, I've got well placed sources in indy wrestling territories in Oregon and a couple on the East Coast that "Johnny Fairplay" is now excepting bookings (wrestling matches/jobs) at the outrageous price of $2,500 an apperience. Most indy guys make between $20 and $50 a match.

What an ego.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He was asked if he could find out specific match dates, which might indicate when Jon would get the boot. But since he doesn't think anyone is going to hire Jon, he fears that won't be possible. (LOL) However, if Jon is busy trying to get this going now, I'd say the clock is ticking toward an early demise for him.

Purrl 48 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Purrl Click to send private message to Purrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S7 Contestant Jon Dalton: TV Guide Info"
John Dalton's replies on his:

Strength: "I'm a ladies man. I'm going for a menage a trois."
Weakness: "I'm a small guy."
Prep Work: Became a certified scuba diver.
Strategy: "My motto is don't trust anybody."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •