The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Americans finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-18, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Americans finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-18 AT 01:40 AM (EST)

I wanted to post this somewhere, and the third-from-last episode just ran tonight without knocking out my theory as to how the FX TV show "The Americans" will end. It's still just a theory, and I've been waiting for it to be proven wrong, but it hasn't happened yet. So here goes (and I know how few people watch this show, but here goes anyway):

The show has done a lot of looping back to season 1. We had Stan re-create his search of the Jennings' garage in "Harvest". We had a Gregory mention with Curtis in "The Summit". But what if the show wants to recreate the really iconic moment from the pilot for the finale?

In the pilot, Philip, Elizabeth, and Rob are trying to kidnap the Soviet defector Timoshev. Before Philip and Elizabeth capture him, he stabs Rob. They don't want Rob to die, but they can't actually take him to a hospital because they'll get captured, so they drive to a hospital and dump him on the front lawn, then take off. They end up killing Timoshev when it turns out he'd raped Elizabeth while she was in training, but their objective is not to get caught. When Joel Fields came in to write an episode, he based it around Rob's death (the episode "Gregory").

So here we are two episodes from the end, with a bunch of questions unanswered, but one important one: who's going to die? But what if no one has to die, the way Rob did, if someone is willing to take that person all the way into the hospital at the risk of being caught? I feel that this whole season to this point has been to set us up for that. I think Philip is going to end up taking a wounded Stan to the hospital to save his life, because Philip doesn't want to be a part of more deaths. I think Philip is going to offer Elizabeth a chance to escape before he does it ... and I have speculation for the rest of the ending but it all seems a little too speculative to discuss here (such as how Stan gets wounded).

We shall see.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Americans finale   AyaK     05-17-18       
   RE: The Americans finale   kingfish     05-17-18     1  
   RE: The Americans finale   kidflash212     05-19-18     2  
   RE: The Americans finale   foonermints     05-19-18     3  
   RE: The Americans finale   cahaya     05-22-18     4  
   RE: The Americans finale   kingfish     05-23-18     5  
     RE: The Americans finale   cahaya     05-23-18     6  
         Finale tonight!   cahaya     05-30-18     7  
             RE: Finale tonight!   cahaya     05-30-18     8  
                 Spoiler?   kingfish     05-31-18     9  
                     RE: Spoiler?   cahaya     05-31-18     10  
                         Fake News?   foonermints     06-01-18     11  
                             RE: Fake News?   cahaya     06-01-18     12  
                                 If...   kingfish     06-02-18     13  
                                     Home of the Russian Pacific submari...   cahaya     06-02-18     14  
                                         BUT!   foonermints     06-02-18     15  
                                         RE: Home of the Russian Pacific sub...   kingfish     06-02-18     16  
                                             RE: Home of the Russian Pacific sub...   cahaya     06-02-18     17  
                                             RE: Home of the Russian Pacific sub...   kingfish     06-03-18     18  
                                             Yah.. yah..   foonermints     06-03-18     19  
                                             RE: Yah.. yah..   kingfish     06-03-18     21  
                                             Cahaya:   foonermints     06-03-18     20  
                                             RE: Cahaya:   cahaya     06-04-18     22  
                                             RE: Cahaya:   kingfish     06-08-18     24  
                                             RE: Cahaya:   cahaya     06-08-18     25  
                                             RE: Cahaya:   foonermints     06-10-18     26  
   Final recap (spoiler)   cahaya     06-05-18     23  
   RE: The Americans finale   foonermints     06-14-18     27  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •