The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An alleged spoiler picture"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gweedeaux 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-03, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gweedeaux Click to send private message to Gweedeaux Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"An alleged spoiler picture"
This post just showed up on Sucks. Sounds like a hoax, but anything can happen 'round here....

Tambaqui
(4/30/03 1:35:40 pm)
Reply It's time to tell about Matthew's gift
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew's gift

I've been biding my time to release this, but Matthew made an appearance at Montgomery College in early March to discuss restaurant concept as part of a Marriott
International lecture. I know this because I'm a sophmore here, and attended the lecture myself to meet the guy. We chatted and he mentioned that he's a skilled writer and hopes to sell a script to CBS if they think it's good enough.

I later found out from Matt that one of the faculty members whom I'll only call "Mr. Marsden" is an old friend of his, which is why he was there presenting the lecture.

It was kind of boring, and Matt was under severe restriction not to even reference his stint on Survivor, but afterwards he gave Mr. Marsden a gift which is now prominently displayed on his office wall. It's a cast photo that has all the survivors and they are raising champagne glasses to toast Matt and Christy who are in the middle of what looks like some sort of decorated dining room.

I asked Mr. Marsden a couple of times if I could scan it, but he won't let me. This would've been better if I had a copy to show you, but the show is almost over and I couldn't wait to tell.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: An alleged spoiler picture VerucaSalt 04-30-03 1
 RE: An alleged spoiler picture lovetowatch 04-30-03 2
   RE: An alleged spoiler picture mistofleas 04-30-03 3
       RE: An alleged spoiler picture lovetowatch 04-30-03 4
           RE: An alleged spoiler picture AZ_Leo 04-30-03 5
               RE: An alleged spoiler picture dajaki 05-01-03 39
 RE: An alleged spoiler picture Brownroach 04-30-03 6
   RE: An alleged spoiler picture snoocharoo 04-30-03 7
       RE: An alleged spoiler picture Brownroach 04-30-03 8
           RE: An alleged spoiler picture snoocharoo 04-30-03 9
 RE: An alleged spoiler picture mistofleas 04-30-03 10
   RE: An alleged spoiler picture Gweedeaux 04-30-03 11
   RE: An alleged spoiler picture AZ_Leo 04-30-03 12
 The Problem is... Christy makes mor... Boilermaker 04-30-03 13
   RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... AZ_Leo 04-30-03 14
       RE: BoDog Boilermaker 04-30-03 18
           RE: BoDog AZ_Leo 04-30-03 19
               RE: BoDog Boilermaker 04-30-03 21
                   RE: BoDog AZ_Leo 04-30-03 23
               RE: BoDog Devious Weasel 05-01-03 34
           CHILLONE Wacko Jacko 04-30-03 22
               RE: CHILLONE Boilermaker 04-30-03 26
                   RE: CHILLONE tamarama 05-01-03 38
       RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... Ms_Ultra 04-30-03 20
           RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... Devious Weasel 05-01-03 32
   RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... tamarama 04-30-03 16
   RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... Devious Weasel 04-30-03 17
   RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... Booted 04-30-03 25
       RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... Boilermaker 04-30-03 27
           RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... AZ_Leo 04-30-03 29
           RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... snoocharoo 05-01-03 30
           RE: The Problem is... Christy makes... Devious Weasel 05-01-03 31
 RE: An alleged spoiler picture PrettyInPink 04-30-03 15
   RE: An alleged spoiler picture Chez 04-30-03 28
       RE: An alleged spoiler picture Devious Weasel 05-01-03 33
 Loyalty vs Money TribalTex29 04-30-03 24
   RE: Loyalty vs Money esquire 05-01-03 35
       RE: Loyalty vs Money PrettyInPink 05-01-03 40
 alleged spoiler picture is bogus Booted 05-01-03 36
   RE: alleged spoiler picture is bogu... Brownroach 05-01-03 37
       RE: alleged spoiler picture is bogu... Wacko Jacko 05-02-03 42
 I believe this.... FSUGUY 05-02-03 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-30-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Without this pic who knows BUT the event did happen

Montgomery College
Calendar

Academic Calendar
Submit Event
PREVIOUS DAY
TODAY
NEXT DAY
WEEKLY VIEW
MONTHLY VIEW
KEYWORD SEARCH:

Presentation by Matthew Von Ertfelda: Restaurant Design: Tools & Trends in New Concept Development

Event Type:
lecture

Start Date and Time:
Saturday, March 1, 2003 01:00 PM

End Date and Time:
Saturday, March 1, 2003 03:00 PM

Building/Address:
Technical Center, Room 136, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, MD 20850

Description:
The Marriott Hospitality Center at Montgomery College proudly presents...

Restaurant Design: Tools & Trends in New Concept Development

A Presentation by Matthew Von Ertfelda Director of Concept Design, Marriott International

Born in Hong Kong, Matthew Von Ertfelda received a Bachelor of Science degree with distinction at the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University in New York. He also holds a culinary diploma with honors from L'Ecole de Gastronomie Française Ritz-Escoffier in Paris. Mr. Von Ertfelda is currently working with Marriott International, developing PC-based tools to help restaurants and bar operators design and manage their outlets more effectively. He has previously worked as a restaurant and bar developer in Hong Kong, and a chef's apprentice/cook in Paris.

Reception to follow lecture

Free Admission

Everyone is Welcome

For more information, to bring a group, or to request disability-related accommodations, please contact Julie Zagars, Coordinator of the Marriott Hospitality Center, at jzagars@mc.cc.md.us or 301-251-7914. For directions, see our map online: http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/maps/Rvic.html

Contact Name:
Julie Zagars

Contact Number:
301-251-7914

Contact Email:
jzagars@mc.cc.md.us

http://216.149.136.89/Internet/calendar/details.cfm?ID=2094

lovetowatch 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovetowatch Click to send private message to lovetowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Just looked at the TDT vidcaps (I think that's what they are called) and there is a picture of Matteo cheering and in his left hand (?) is a wine glass. Looks like a full bodied Chardonnay. Don't see any bubbles...definitely not a champagne glass

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-03 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

The vidcap on TDT (and here for that matter) is from the actual show, after the beach challenge. The photo that the person that posted on Sucks is talking about, says it's a photo of the whole cast in a dining room setting.

Not the same photo. I just didn't want you to spend too much time analysing it for no reason.

--is just clarifying for Lovestowatch

lovetowatch 123 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovetowatch Click to send private message to lovetowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Actually, I realized that, but what's with the wine. Haven't read any comments on that, and Wham, all of a sudden there flowing champagne in a dining room setting.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-30-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
I think they are implying that this was taken after the filming ended and the cast is toasting the final 2: Matthew and Christy.

Has anyone suggested to this guy that he find a digital camera and take a picture of the picture on the wall? He doesn't have to scan it.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
I think they are implying that this was taken after the filming ended and the cast is toasting the final 2: Matthew and Christy.

Or maybe Mateo and Christy are getting married! This would be a hidden, extremely strong alliance. Did Mateo's creepiness light Christy's torch? Did Christy teach Mateo the sign for love? The plot thickens . . .

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Sounds kind of fishy. Posters on Sucks are asking why Tambaqui waited so long to post this -- a valid question.

It seems like Matt is being paired up with everyone for F2. There was also TropicGuy's thread on Sucks, where he revealed only recently that Matt "told" him that he was in the Final 2 with a man named Butch.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
I'm at Sucks right now and people are hammering tambaqui on this and rightfully so. Why no pic? Why wait so long? Why would Matt jeopordize his contract? Why would the mysterious Mr. Mardsen even want a picture of this nature?

Tambaqui has been a pretty straight up dude, I can't see why someone like him would even say this if there weren't some shred of truth to it...then again I can't understand glory seekers in general.

04-30-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Tambaqui has been a pretty straight up dude, I can't see why someone like him would even say this if there weren't some shred of truth to it

It says Tambaqui only has three posts on Suck, Snooch. Has he posted elsewhere?

04-30-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Ooops my bad....I was confusing people.

**in tribute to the late great Gilda Radner**
"Nevermind."

"And I don't even care to shake these zipper blues. And we don't know just where our bones will rest,to dust I guess. Forgotten and absorbed to the Earth below."

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Aside from the clarification post for lovetowatch (which I guess wasn't needed *waves at LTW*) I label this "spoiler"...

Stuff and nonsense!

--thanks Gwee for bringing it over though it was funny

Gweedeaux 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gweedeaux Click to send private message to Gweedeaux Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
Glad to brighten up the day a bit, Misto!

I lurk here and at Sucks all day at work between actual job-related stuff (read: I watch the boards A LOT!). This week's been kinda boring, so I'm glad something a little exciting cropped up. I still think it's nonsense, but it'll be fun watching the flames for a few days anyway!

Gweed

04-30-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
>I label this "spoiler"...
>
>Stuff and nonsense!

My intelligent, logical, aware of the facts self that lives in the actual world agrees with you.

My wishful thinking, refuse to believe whats in front of me self that lives in a delusional world without C1, Bodogg, S5 and Bill as the mole declares this true and factual because it means Jenna doesn't make the final 2.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-30-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
OK ChillOne has been incredibly accurate so far. And at this point I still believe him, but game logic and my interpretation of Nash theory coupled with the previews makes me think this is true.

First the only way that Jenna being wrong is that ChillOne is a plant. Why would MB or CBS plant someone? To inject interest in the show. CO has really not given us too much real spoiler info right now other than enough information so that we believe that he is legit. He was wrong on the first pick, wrong on Joanna being in the first four, but still approximately picked four out of five so that we would believe his Final 4 was right. Why not give us the first 4, because then it would make those episodes boring for us. We went back and forth the whole time to whether he was accurate and we only fully believed that he was legit after Episode 5.

Secondly Jenna should be the #1 target right now for the Misfit 4. She needs Immunity and with the challenge coming up I don't see how her or Heidi will win. Heidi is target #2 and the Misfit 4 shouldn't be ashamed of showing this. Why Jenna #1 and Heidi #2 - she is clearly shown creating the most trouble and conflict in this next episode. She is the leader of the boobie alliance. Leaders of the lesser alliances almost always get voted off first. Even though she exposes Rob, they have to vote her off first. They don't want to put up with this for another 3 days.

I don't know how I will vote. But this makes more sense right now than ChillOne. Either way we will know Thursday.

- The Wavering Boilermaker

04-30-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
But Jenna and Matt in the final 2 comes more from the Bodogg betting scandal then from C1.

04-30-03, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: BoDog"
Az_Leo you make a great point but... I don't know how much faith I put in BoDog either. We have thought way before Bodog due to ChillOne that Jenna and Matt were in the Finals. And if ChillOne is wrong at this point in time I don't know how else to understand his accuracy to get to 6 of the Final 4 left without being a plant. Could BoDog be a CBS/Manipulation too? Could this be the work of some great spoilers on sites too?

And yes I read elsewhere today that they supposedly also picked the winners of S4 & S5. Now S4 I can't say much about, but there were a good number of people on these boards that believed that following the first 2 episodes that Brian and Clay were the Final 2. Diamond in the Rough and the book and the cover comments ring a bell with me.

BoDog also mentioned that one of the reasons the betting was shutdown was the influx of people picking Matt and Jenna in the Finals. This is definitely the work of Spoilers in my opinion.

I realize that this theory is a little farfetched and the combination of the two theories is more believeable, but isn't the fact that Jenna makes the Final 2 from what we have seen on the show a little unbelieveable too.

Hoping for a Jenna boot, Probably voting according to ChillOne, but just saying...

04-30-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: BoDog"
My biggest questions about BoDog would have to do with timing of the bets made by the CBS employees. When did they occur in relation to the CO spoiler? If it was after then it could just be based on that info (although wasn't Alex first thought to be the guy in F2). If it was before, different story. I don't suppose they ever published that info?

As for their accuracy in S4, I don't think anyone could have predicted a Vee/Neleh F2 without insider info early in the series. For one thing, finalists from different tribes had never happened before and seemed unlikely at the time (others please correct me if I'm wrong).

04-30-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: BoDog"
Agree S4 is hard to explain.

I believe however that most of these internet gambling sites take bets up until right before the Finals.

I think this spoiler is junk. But I still think without regard to spoilers we would think that Matt and Christy have a real chance at the F2. W/O spoilers there would be no way we believe that Jenna lasts until the Final 3.

04-30-03, 06:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: BoDog"
Decided to go back and review the stories to answer my own questions. Here's a couple of links:

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=33685§ion=SHOW&subsection=TELEVISION&year=2003&month=4&day=8
Excerpt:
After BoDog posted odds on "Survivor: Marquesas," these accounts were opened and the maximum $1,000 wagered on Neleh Dennis and Vecepia Towery, the eventual final two, at odds in the neighborhood of 8-1, according to BoDog spokesman Lance Burton. The $1,000 bets contrast to the typical $25-$50 wager on "Survivor," Burton said.

Similar bets were placed on Clay Jordan and Brian Heidik at the beginning of "Survivor: Thailand." And this season, about two hours after odds were posted, the accounts bet the maximum $1,000 on

http://www.onlinecasinonews.com/ocn/article/article.asp?id=3072

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: BoDog"
The bets were placed as soon as betting opened. However, betting didn't open until after the cast had been released and the BoDogg people had time to make the odds. So, if I remember my CO timing right, this would be after the CO information became widely known.

But again, the damning thing isn't that they got one season right, it's that they've gotten multiple seasons right AND they've bet the max ($1,000) every time. When the average bet is $30-$40 bucks, it says something that someone comes in and bets that much.

It must made the people very happy when betting opened and Matt and Jenna were both listed as 12-1 longshots.

- A GeorgiaBelle original

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-30-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "CHILLONE"
Come on Boiler. There could be 100's of people that know who the final 2 are. Just because one releases that info does not mean Burnett hired the guy to do that. There are so many ways that information of the winner(s) of an event that happened months ago could get released.

I think that there is a higher likelihood that the spoilers of Christy or Butch being in the finals with Matt are much more likily to be plants. Why would Burnett hire a person to go out there and tell everyone who the boots are for each week only to get the last boot incorrectly? If all this became common knowledge and the general public found out that Matt/Jenna were the final 2 wouldn't you think the ratings for Survivor would plummit.

My only concern with the ChillOne is that ChillOne missed some of the earlier boot especially him telling us that Daniel was first not Ryan.

As for the one poster above who said ChillOne was wrong picking Joanna to go forth, go to CBS.com and look at the boot order. You will find someone other than ChillOne was wrong there.

04-30-03, 08:25 PM (EST)
26. "RE: CHILLONE"
Wacko - After seeing Mark Burnett digitally alter the buff colors in Survivor 5, which was an image that non-spoilers would never pay attention to, I believe that he cares enough about us to plant spoilers. And if he really planted the college picture spoiler than he should do more work as it really isn't that convincing.

My main point is that Christy makes more sense than Jenna. And since Jenna is a swimsuit model. ChillOne told us and I quote "FINAL 4 (2W, 2M):
Deaf Girl (as previously mentioned)
Jana or Jenna, 23
Another guy, 26; "strong build"
Another guy, 50" and also
"I was told that 'Jana or Jenna, 23', was not the most "attractive" girl coming into the show, but, at the end (being in the Final 4) and loosing sound lb.'s, this contestant was considered to be the best looking. Now, that puts a little twist on my information. Jenna M. is a hottie coming into the show (based on the pics), so, maybe my sources were thinking of Jeanne Herbert (who looks more "average, all-american girl" sized vs. the thin model type) ??? Hmmmmm .... Then again, maybe Jenna M. was a few pounds heavier coming into the show (beefed-up knowing the food situation would be scarce). Anyway, I will go with Jenna M. for the Final 4.

There is no way that anyone could think that Jenna M. wasn't hot coming into the show. Maybe ChillOne is confusing Christy and Jenna, but it sure looks interesting to me.

By the way I also believe that Alex was probably planted by MB and discussed this after the last episode (So I guess I believe in more conspiracies than most).

I posted about the Joanna thing as an example and should have done more homework. ChillOne predicted the order of the first four boots to be:
Daniel "Followed by:
Ryan (not Brian), Joanna (african American contestant), and 'Another lady around 30'"

The real first four were Ryan, Janet, Daniel, Joanna followed by Jeanne.

My point in bringing this up in the 1st place was just to speculate that if this was a plant, by even slightly incorrectly placing the order ChillOne really didn't give us the exact episode that anyone got eliminated while still giving us enough to make us believe that his Final 4 was right. If this was now proven incorrect, then we would be more fixated with the show and it could only help ratings.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-01-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: CHILLONE"
While I hesitate to take CO as gospel truth (I'm more convinced by BoDogg), I will defend the order of first boots to a degree...

Those booted in the beginning were there such a brief time, locals & crew didn't get to see as much of them except at the LL, and there were 16 people to keep track of. So much more goes on with the F4, and for a much longer time, plus there are only 4 people to keep track of.

I would expect, with any authentic spoiler, later boots to be more accurate.

Ms_Ultra 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-30-03, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ms_Ultra Click to send private message to Ms_Ultra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
Just like we think CO might be a plant, I wouldn't put it beyond MB or CBS to have plants voting at Bodogg just to throw spoilers off. Since the Bodogg voting scandals for S4 and S5 was common knowledge on Spoiler boards, I'm sure MB and CBS were also aware of this avenue for spoiling......why not cause a little voting frenzy to make it appear that Matt and Jenna were F2 to keep everyone off course?????

05-01-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
But there wasn't a BoDogg scandal with S4 and S5. The reason betting was suspended for S6 is because it was discovered that there were several BoDogg accounts who had bet the limit on the F2 for S3, S4, S5, and who had now bet the limit on a F2 for S6. BoDogg finally got suspicious, did some investigation of the account holders, and discovered that they were CBS employees and friends of those employees.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-30-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
Also, they are starting to think about who they're going to be up against in F2

04-30-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
To me Heidi is a bigger immunity threat than Jenna, which is why I would target her first if I were the misfits plus one.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
Boilermaker:

I am unsure how I am going to vote also. One question... If someone was caught betting with insider information isn't that a crime and also wouldn't CBS/MB want to fire them for using that information? I have seen no charges and no firings over this... What do you think??

Booted

04-30-03, 08:29 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
Great point Booted. In most cases that draw so much attention we are given names of who committed the crimes. Why not here and why no charges filed.

Once again I just find this interesting and still probably think that Heidi will go this week, but this is interesting and makes me waver at least a little.

04-30-03, 09:43 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
Not necessarily. It really hasn't drawn that much attention outside of the spoiler community. Most people probably didn't even notice it. Any public firings or lawsuits would have just kept the story going and increased the chances that it would become better known. If you look at the link I posted above CBS basically said "no big deal, no real story". The only comments came from BoDog and so the story died (there may have been something else going on in the news at the time_.

Also, if it was someone associated with the actual filming of survivor, rather than post production, it's possible they wouldn't need to be fired as they may not be permanent CBS employees. They simply would not be rehired next time.

05-01-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
30. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
Boilermaker and Ed,

That is my question. Why have not been informed of the ramifications of the betting done by CBS and SEG employees? All of the contestants have to sign non-disclosure agreements, wouldn't you think MB would be smart enough to safeguard his cash-cow and require non-disclosures from his employees??????????

As for betting on Thailand, I think it was dumbluck. Here is my take, and please note I am NOT tooting my own horn just laying down the cards as I see em. Anyone with rudimentary spoiler knowledge could have pegged Brian and Clay as the F2, first of all I know for fact that Brian Heidick was RECRUITED for S5. Secondly, there was overwhelming spoiler evidence that those two made it a long way in the game even before the game started, we had pics from QuartzEye, we had all the Smoking Gun press releases, the pieces were all there, someone just had to put them together. No great revelations.

And let me tell you also, SEG employees read the spoiler boards, they tinker with the vid caps and specialize in misdirecting us away from the actual winner. It is in the best interest of the betting house for people to LOSE bets, not win them. What better way to misdirect the F2 then to have your minions place some bogus bets and publisize the alleged scandal?? Maybe I'm deluded and living in conspiracy mode but it completely makes sense. BoDogg is in this to make MONEY, as is MB, CBS and SEG.

"And I don't even care to shake these zipper blues. And we don't know just where our bones will rest,to dust I guess. Forgotten and absorbed to the Earth below."

05-01-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
31. "RE: The Problem is... Christy makes more sense than Jenna"
I'll go beyond Az's not necessarily and suggest that there is no way CBS, SEG, or anyone else would fire these people or press charges until AFTER the season was over. Were they to do so, they would be confirming for everyone that people involved in the production had used insider information to bet on the outcome. (As for BoDogg, they have no basis for filing charges - if there were any non-disclosures signed, they weren't signed with BoDogg. BoDogg did what it could do, which is suspend betting and presumably refund everyone's money back.) The only course of action for CBS and SEG has been to do what they've done - issue generic non-denial denials.

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
So this Mr. Marsden has a photo of the final two hanging on his wall, in his public office where anyone can wander in and out? And Matthew, who seems to be an extremely intelligent man, would give this present to Mr. Marsden at the risk of a $5 million dollar lawsuit from CBS?

Nawp! Not buyin' it! Not that I wouldn't dance around my living room till I dropped dead from exhaustion for a Matt/Christy final two, but this just sounds like a wild-goose chase, in the words of Rob!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-30-03, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
OK, I don't believe it either, but I did go search the faculty of Montgomergy College Department of Management/Hospitality, which seems to be where the Mariott course came from. Not many faculty members, and definitely no one with the name Marsden. The closest I could find to the name was Mr. Peter Stein (Mrstein/Marsden). Oh well, it is a stretch.

05-01-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
33. "RE: An alleged spoiler picture"
I'm not surprised you couldn't find anyone, since the poster put the name in quotes (which to me signifies that it's not the guy's real name), but the part of this that sounds fishiest to me is that this Marsden is the reason Matt was there. Hmm, I can think of several reasons why the director of creative concepts for MarriotT Hospitality (Matt) was giving a Marriott Hospitality lecture that don't involve Matt doing a favor to an old friend.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Loyalty vs Money"
For awhile the Matt Jenna F2 made sense and still does, because if Jenna were in the final 4 AND won the last immunity then the Butch/Matt alliance would have to vote for Christy, leaving the two men to choose he based on the fact that they stood a better chance against her.

This proposes 2 questions, are Butch and Matt more loyal to each other or are Christy and Matt? Was that peice where Christy said Matt was creepy taken ut of context. We all know that everyone at camp thought Matt was creepy, in fact t was the joke. I think like Lex in S3, we were seeing editing that showed a much meaner spirited/crazy guy than there really is.

I cannot imagine Jenna going on this amazing immunity run where she gets the last two or three immunities, forcing Butch and Matt to vote off Christy (although it would take only 1 immunity win for Jenna-the last one) PLus, from the feeling I get about Matt, there is a certain loyalty he has for Christy and a respect. The words he spoke about Christy probably having to deal with girls like Heidi and Jenna (being mean) her whole life were fairly powerful. I think even knowing that taking Jenna to the F2 would be a better bet to winning, Matt would still choose Christy, KNOWING, that Christy would probably not get the votes of A/H/J/R.

Right now, immunity is key in determing the final 3. Jenna has to win it to make it to the F2, and maybe she wins the last immunity, taking Matt over Butch, resulting in a Matteo victory.

Which way will it go?

H/R/C/B/J/M?

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-01-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Loyalty vs Money"

>I cannot imagine Jenna going on
>this amazing immunity run where
>she gets the last two
>or three immunities, forcing Butch
>and Matt to vote off
>Christy

I don't think anyone could imagine Kim going on an immunity run and winning the last few immunties against Ethan,Lex and Tom and yet it happened in Africa. When there only a few contestants left, strange things can happen.

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Loyalty vs Money"
<<I don't think anyone could imagine Kim going on an immunity run and winning the last few immunties against Ethan,Lex and Tom and yet it happened in Africa. When there only a few contestants left,
strange things can happen.>>

While I still think the picture "spoiler" is probably bogus, I do agree with you totally on this one. Too many weird things have happened in this game to make me think otherwise. Mama Kim in the final two, Vee and Neleh as S4's final two, and if you'd told me that a completely intact Rotu would gang up and vote off Gabe at their first TC, I'd have felt your forehead. But I'm still hoping that somehow ChillOne is wrong - gaaaah, would I love to see Jenna on the jury!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "alleged spoiler picture is bogus"
It has to be bogus. When would it have been taken? They do not get to meet before the show starts, not even in the hotel. They are not allowed to meet after the show until it is completed its run on TV. So it has to be bogus.

Booted

05-01-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
37. "RE: alleged spoiler picture is bogus"
Booted, the general wisdom for other installments has been that there is a wrap party on the last day which includes all 16 contestants, who are then all flown home together. Such a picture as Tambaqui describes could come from the wrap party, assuming that they did have one.

But even if pictures were taken at a wrap party, it is highly unlikely that Matt, or anyone else, would have been given copies to take home.

Tambaqui just posted that he is going to ask "Mr. Marsden" if he can scan or photograph the picture again. Not holding my breath here...

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-02-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: alleged spoiler picture is bogus"
We now know this is bogus but why would Burnett give all the survivors visual evidence of what happened out there. Especially a picture that Survivors could hang in their homes. This made no sense from the beginning.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "I believe this...."
I believe this was Matt toasting Christy's A$$ goodbye!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •