The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here Episode 2: It's Still On?

For Episode 1, I paid attention, took notes, and tried to do a faithful summary of the show. I'm not going to do that every night, because no one, not even me, is that desperate of a summary whore.

But I did watch the celebrities last night. Of course, I use the term "celebrities" loosely. I also use the term "watch" loosely, since I basically had it on as background noise while I did more interesting things, like watch paint dry. But here goes.

First of all, it helps for you to know that the show is LIVE from the Australian rainforest.

The main theme of last night's episode was hidden treasure. We were introduced to a new feature of the game, the treasure chest. Each day, two celebrities head out with a map and compass to try and find the treasure chest. If they do, then the whole group has to answer a question inside. If they answer the question correctly, they get a treat behind door #1. If they don't...well, we don't want to know what's behind door #2.

Stuttering John and Maria Conchita Alonso went searching for the treasure chest. Our geeky host (who sounds just like the host from Supermarket Sweep - go on, shut your eyes and see if you agree with me) tells us they clashed. Well, it was pretty lame for a clash. John reminded us about the stereotype about men and directions as he forgot to pay attention to the compass in his hand. They found the chest anyway, because Maria was there. Once they got back to camp with the chest, it was time to answer the question inside...

According to a popular woman's magazine, who is more likely to cheat, men or women? When they correctly answered women, they got the coffee, milk, and sugar inside the chest. In his confessional, Cris said, "I knew it was women." Was he trying to tell Ben Affleck something?

The other hidden treasure chest belonged to Nikki. Actually, not much was hidden, thanks to her bikini. Tyson was quite interested in, ahem, excavating ifyouknowwhatImean.

As we found out in the first episode, John was picked for the next Bush Tucker Trial. As he left, the men were silent, while all of the women gave him encouragement like, "John, we know you're a wussy boy, so you just go ahead and give up like the candy-ass you are if you want to. It'll be OK." Yeah, the reason it will be OK is so that they can back out of challenges and say, "Well, how can you expect me to do one if John couldn't?" They're covering their own asses, not looking out for yours. And for Nikki to cover anything on this show is a big deal.

We're also reminded that John hates bugs and heights. So guess what? He has to climb a ladder and stick his hand into globes filled with bugs. John paid a lot of attention during the training, and showed us that the proper way to approach strange biting insects is to make sudden motions and swear profusely. He did manage to get 6 meals, though.

Back at camp, we found out that Robin is obsessed with water and Bruce is obsessed with string. Robin told us how much water you could fit into condoms. Wonder how he found that out. Bruce said you couldn't fit that much water into his condoms. Bruce, most men wouldn't admit that on national TV, even to the small ABC audience. Tyson didn't volunteer his condoms, since he hopes to use them later on. Tyson and Cris head out to test Tyson's log dragger, but like most men, he had problems properly gauging the size of his log and came back empty-handed.

There's also various bitching and sniping, which I managed to screen out because, well, it's boring. Julie was the leader, against her will, which just meant that Bruce and Robin got to boss everyone around again. She did organize a camp song time, where each person wrote a verse about another, ahem, celebrity. Here's an example of the wit we were subjected to by Nikki:

Robin, Robin, he's our man
If he can't do it, he'll sit on his ass

Finally, our geeky host shows up, reminds us again that we're live, and tells the team about the next Bush Tucker Trial.

JL: Two words - Croc Pit.

It has the desired effect. Then, to the delight of dozens, Nikki is announced as the lucky Croc snack.

Programming note: I will not be recapping tonight's episode, because I'm going out and playing. I'll be a lush at a charity wine event. That's a change from my normal reason for being a lush which is "just because".

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... Loree 02-21-03 1
   Im Celebrity - Croc Pit - Too Dange... LindaBushyager 02-22-03 3
       RE: Im Celebrity - Croc Pit - Too D... Loree 02-22-03 4
       RE: Im Celebrity - Croc Pit - Too D... AMAI 02-22-03 7
 RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... minitroll 02-22-03 2
 RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... Loree 02-22-03 5
   RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... minitroll 02-22-03 6
       RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... Loree 02-23-03 10
 Repeating everything Loree 02-22-03 8
   Bruce Jenner is an Old Dutch Woman! TheRealOne 02-23-03 9
 RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... Silvergirl1 02-25-03 11
 RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a C... Red Lady 02-25-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
Great Summary Bebo!

I'm getting bored with this show. I want to see the mini-celebs suffer. They even had coffee! And obviously chocolate since there was a fight over Alana eating Cris' chocolate or whatever. They aren't even roughing it yet.

And why did Stuttering John always spit in the globes before he put his hand in there? This seemed like a very strange strategy.

LindaBushyager 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-22-03, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LindaBushyager Click to send private message to LindaBushyager Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Im Celebrity - Croc Pit - Too Dangerous - Appalling!"
I cannot believe that ABC allowed such a appallingly dangerous stunt as the crocodile pit in tonight's (Friday) episode of "Im a Celebrity Get me OUt of Here". This was truly life threatening, and it was obvious they had no idea what they were doing. There was only 1 sharpshooter (but 5 crocodiles) who had a tranquilizer gun -but tranquilizers can take time to have affect (not to mention a croc's hide is thick and it might take several shots). With 5 fast moving crocs in brown muddy water, one or more could have easily attacked - the large crocs were life-threatening, the smaller ones could have taken a bite or bitten off a finger. Also the celebrity had no protective clothing. The pond had snakes that the producers didn't even know about them or apparently care about (poisonous? who knows). Crocodiles can move quickly and this could have been a disaster.

It looks like future stunts may also be over the top - having someone reach into a bowl to get the star is one thing, having them put their head in to bite the object is another (insects/animals biting eyeballs, nose, and possibly injuring a person's face is not fun or funny - and their faces are their livlihoods in some cases).

The celebrities did not see what happened with the croc pit, only heard it described. Had they seen this I am sure they would have all walked out!

This show has gone too far and I'm sure the stars will be shocked when they view the crocodile pit after this ends.

This is appalling!

I'm thinking of gladiators pitted against each other, Christians against lions -- are we no more civilized than those days when this show pits a young woman (a silly "Barbidoll" type - but still a human being) against crocodiles in an unsafe situation? I am truly shocked by this episode.

I have no idea what else might be in store for the clueless celebrities, but this show is being broadcast live, and thus perhaps a little less subject to review by executives than most.

Since the celebrities get their food if the chosen one does the stunt, the celebrities are under some pressure to do the stunts. The poor girl in tonight's episode entered the murky water several times, probably not really realizing her possible danger, having been told that there was a "sharpshooter" - but not realizing that he might not be able to really stop the croc.
It was just luck that nothing happened to her. Someone with more nerve might have gone in more, and been attacked.

I just can't tell you how surprised I was to see this show go WAAAAYYY over the top with this dangerous, appalling stunt.

02-22-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Im Celebrity - Croc Pit - Too Dangerous - Appalling!"
The show might really be hoping that the celebs won't do the stunts and then get hungry and more cranky and be more interesting. I really wonder if they expected that nobody would do the croc stunt so they didn't have to worry about it. Or maybe the crocs were less dangerous than we were led to believe.

This show is more like Fear Factor than Survivor.

I'm not sure who is more annoying to me Alana or Julie. I wouldn't want to be stuck anywhere with either of them.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-22-03, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Im Celebrity - Croc Pit - Too Dangerous - Appalling!"
Hi Linda - are you one of the celebrities?

Just askin'.

Bebo, thank you for the summary. I hope you enjoy your night out, and that you will continue to recap as many of the episodes as you can stand. This show is terrible, but the recaps are great.

You deserve a medal!! Keep up the great work!!

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-22-03, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
Thanks for the summary Bebo, I missed last night's episode.

Then, to the delight of dozens, Nikki is announced as the lucky Croc snack

I can't wait!

02-22-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
Is that the outhouse where they always give their confessionals? It just seems an odd place to do your interview. But I didn't see any other wooden buildings.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-22-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
I've been wondering the same thing.

02-23-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
At least they explained tonight that they go to the telegraph shack to do their confessionals with the camera. I really thought they were doing it on the toidy. LOL!

02-22-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
8. "Repeating everything"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-03 AT 11:12 PM (EST)

My biggest complaint with this show is how often they keep repeating the same thing. They are like ET telling you 5 times what is coming up next. Why not just show it to us? Between the multiple times they say/show the same things, and the commercials. We get very little of the new LIVE show.

TheRealOne 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheRealOne Click to send private message to TheRealOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Bruce Jenner is an Old Dutch Woman!"
This show is the BOTTOM of the Barrel!
These people only THINK they were once famous???
I mean who are these people?

If they had gotten the cast of FRIENDS on this show they would have had something... but this is a joke.
I feel sorry for them they must all be desperate for work to pay for there sad Hollywood lives.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"

Fun to read, but this show is so stupid I can't stand watching it anymore. Who cares about these people?

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-25-03, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Unofficial Quick Recap, I'm a Celeb, Ep 2"
"Programming note: I will not be recapping tonight's episode, because I'm going out and playing. I'll be a lush at a charity wine event."

I am more interested in a recap of the charity wine event!

Another fine summary Bebo...thanks for taking the time to write it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •