The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-25-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alex's Early Show Appearance"
I wasn't paying too much attention, but here's what I remember.

Alex is just friends with Shawna and Jenna, he is dating someone not connected with the show.

If Alex won final immunity and had to take Heidi or Jenna, he would take Jenna because of her sick mom.

When asked what criteria he would use to vote for the finalist, he said he would vote for the person who survived the best and played the game the best. This seemed to contradict everyone's assumption that he would vote for Jenna in sympathy for her mom. Although I still think he votes for Jenna no matter what he says.

He said that Rob is the person playing the game the best (now you know Matthew is the Final 4 person).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance djandy 04-25-03 1
 RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance snoocharoo 04-25-03 2
   RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance djandy 04-25-03 3
   RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Thaibeach 04-25-03 4
       RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance PepeLePew13 04-25-03 5
           RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance snoocharoo 04-25-03 7
           RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Thaibeach 04-25-03 15
   RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Cin 04-25-03 6
       RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance SaphireLady 04-25-03 10
           LOL I_AM_HE 04-25-03 21
       RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Loree 04-25-03 12
 RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Brownroach 04-25-03 8
   RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Devious Weasel 04-25-03 9
       RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance SaphireLady 04-25-03 11
           RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Loree 04-25-03 13
               RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance jsanb 04-25-03 14
                   RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance VerucaSalt 04-25-03 17
   Jenna dissing Christie!? nowhereman 04-25-03 22
 RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance strone 04-25-03 16
   RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Brownroach 04-25-03 18
       RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance managerr 04-25-03 19
       RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance Thaibeach 04-25-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-25-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Alex also said that he told Rob that he was going to vote him off, because he's honest and he decided he was going to play Survivor by being himself.

He said that he didn't hold a grudge against Rob, but that he wouldn't have betrayed his alliance if the tables were turned.

He said that he never felt in grave danger of Matt, but that he was a little creepy and sharpened his machete all the time. (Deena and Alex's emphasis of his creepiness seems like it may be misdirection for his final 2 and possible winner status).

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Not to be cold and heartless but they are sooooo playing up this "cancer" drama with Jenna's mom. It's ridiculous and I don't feel a single bit of sympathy for Jenna. She's a selfish, spoiled little freakin princess who has treated people badly because being a beautiful person allows you to get away with that. IMHO this chi baby...the wheel has spun and it is now time for Jenna to carry some emotional baggage.

Hey sorry your mom's sick, so is mine, suck it up and deal with it. This should have absolutely no bearing on how people vote. Survivor would be severely compromised the jury throws sympathy votes.

"Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness"

04-25-03, 10:06 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
I agree, Snooch. If Jenna were a little nicer and didn't treat everyone not beautiful as dirt and unworthy of her attention, I would feel more sorry for her and sympathize with her more. But because of her attitude and disdain of Christy and others, and her total self-absorbtion, it makes her very unsympathetic. She is overplaying her only weapons to win; sex and sympathy. I hope it doesn't work because she is an awful Survivor (and got mad last night when everybody voted her most likely to use sex as a weapon and least likely to survive alone). Get a clue!

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-25-03, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
You said it, Snooch! Agree all the way.

Jenna is a spoiled b!tch (though several other words come to mind that would serve equally well).

I did enjoy Jiffy calling her on the "adorable smile - and there you have it" - though. Was she seriously pissed or what? Then he had to go and wuss out and spoil it by giving in to the whiney fake-crying hag. <sob> Poor Jenna! She really deserves this so much more than anyone else!

But Christy proved again that she's got class by allowing Jiffy to go ahead and continue auctioning the rest of the letters.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"

>But Christy proved again that she's got class by allowing Jiffy
>to go ahead and continue auctioning the rest of the
>letters.

This has got me thinking about the power of editing. I really think that MB (and maybe Jiffy) knows who won the final vote so they are going ahead and editing Jenna in a bad light. They COULD have simply edited out this whining and not shown us her petulance towards Christy for bidding on the letter.

There's also a big spike upwards for Christy in terms of character, so wondering what's up with that... why all of a sudden we're hearing that Matthew have had a lot of conversations with her, she's saying "jackshit" about the Not-so-Fantastic Four and her winning the bid for the letter from home and subsequently allowing a second bid to let Jenna win? Hmmmmm. Christy does better than Jenna in the end game?

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
"Hmmmmm. Christy does better than Jenna in the end game?"

one can only wish...

"Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness"

04-25-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
>Hmmmmm. Christy
>does better than Jenna in
>the end game?

We can hope! I know I do.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
I agree with the playing up the illness thing. If she was so worried about her mom, WHY did she go? I would think the prognosis would have to be favorable for her to decided to go away for over a month with no contact at all.

grrr I hate her! she has no class at all.
Cin

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-25-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
I agree with this one. If my mother had a brain tumor, you can bet you bottom dollar that I would not be on some dang game show in that important time. After all, brain tumors tend to move quickly. she could die within days to a few weeks.

Guess when your an only child you can get whatever you want.

Okay, I know why she is there. Her parents wanted to get rid of her for a few weeks. They needed a break from their spoiled childs demanding attention so that they could deal with their health.

Okay am being mean, really mean, but Jenna, girl if you don't change you are going to be a very miserable person.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "LOL"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-03 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

hmmm, Jenna goes away, tumor goes away. coincidence?

how her mom knew she had decreased by 50% I've yet to ascertain however

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
We sat watching the show lastnight saying the same thing. If you were really that worried about your mother you would not leave her to get your chance to be on TV. Maybe all the others have sick family members too. But they aren't using them for sympathy. Jenna completely disgusts me. If she wins it will be a very unpopular win.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
When asked what criteria he would use to vote for the finalist, he said he would vote for the person who survived the best and played the game the best. This seemed to contradict everyone's assumption that he would vote for Jenna in sympathy for her mom. Although I still think he votes for Jenna no matter what he says.

Not sure if he would vote for Jenna. But I agree -- since he had just told the first caller he would have picked Jenna over Heidi at F3 because of her mom's illness, I think he was being very careful not to tie his answer to the second question to Jenna in any way.

And I agree with what Snooch and everyone else is saying about Jenna above. Her editing is weird, it's like they make an attempt to have her look sympathetic and then she always blows it by making some snotty self-centered remark. Too bad for her that Christy got the letter, if Jenna hadn't spent her money on peanut butter and chocolate she could have afforded it. She had a lot of nerve dissing Christy. I don't think she's going to be an audience favorite to win no matter what happens from hereon out.

But I have to say (perhaps I should adjourn to Fanatics) how delighted I was with Mateo last night. Every move he made was perfect. All in all, I think this was my favorite episode of Survivor ever -- there were so many layers to what was going on. I don't even care that I picked the wrong bootee, it was so enjoyable to watch -- much better than the highly touted Episode 9, imo.

Just think how suspenseful the rest would be if we didn't have the ChillOne spoiler.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
I agree about the episode - I thought it was great. I knew Alex was going, but I was still nervous as Probst read the final vote.

They certainly aren't doing Jenna any favors in the editing. There was no mention anywhere of medical bills or expenses. They even downplayed her mom's illness as best they could, and they made sure to counteract any sympathy by showing her as a cold biatch. Heidi came across more favorably last night then Jenna, and that's saying quite a bit.

And a nice little bit of redemption for Rob, as well, in his coming clean to Matt.

Loved the Immunity Challenge - it was a wonderful way to expose people's places within the group.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-25-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
The immunity challenge so exposed so many things out there. LIke I can just hear little miss jenna. "What do you mean no one has a crush on me and thinks I would be a great pinnup" Heidi is nothing compared to me. LOL I can just hear her.

It also show how Heidi and Jenna thought of each other and themselves. They never once thought of Christy nor did they think that they themselves could be conceived in any negative way.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Rob had it all figured out (as stated in Marko's Yahoo thread). Rob knew that Alex, Jenna & Heidi would answer all the questions about themselves because they hadn't bothered to learn anything about anyone else. That is how Rob won the IC. He knew how self-centered they all were.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
AND, we saw Matt intentionally blow the final question so that Rob could win Immunity. EP MB is editing Matt to win S6.

Peanut Butter Jeff

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
In the same vein and really interesting is that I listened to different radio shows this a.m. and Matt is still NOT even discussed as potentially winning this. It was Rob this, Rob that, Rob this and he is playing the game the best and looks like he will win.

So I still stand by my earlier opinion that the "surprise" in all this is that someone like Matt to a general viewer could win this thing and for the sake of my stomach I hope he does b/c if Jenna does win, I'll throw up.

She was classless last night. Agreements on the why go on the show if your mom had a brain tumor and even if you do, I'd be making sure I am not stripping naked on national t.v. If my mother had a serious illness like that, I'd be showing a little more class in that area (I wouldn't do it regardless but you know what I mean)

Christy may end up just being the Kathy of this season in the sense that she'll be America's sweetheart but not the winner.

nowhereman 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nowhereman Click to send private message to nowhereman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Jenna dissing Christie!?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-03 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

First of all, it was great to see the arrogant Alex booted out the door. It was interesting to watch the show watching everything that everyone here has discussed played out. I thought it would be boring, but it was kind of fun. And, oh, did I enjoy watching Rob stabbed Alex in the back.

But, as to Jenna dissing Christy, I didn't think it was that way at all. She said (paraphrasing), "I'm suprised that she did that...well, no, I'm not." I thought Jenna was making a remark that she realized that Christy was selfless and I actually took it as a compliment. NOW, I don't particularly care much for Jenna myself, but I gave her that. Okay, maybe I sometimes see the world through rose-coloured glasses.

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Agree, agree, agree. What a stuck up bratt! This game is called survivor. Suck it up and deal with it cry baby Jenna. Looks arent everything, and Christy is far more deserving in this game than you or Heidi!!! Its about time you and boob girl got out of your fantasy world and brought back to reality--thanks Rob--they needed that. Anything from home should stay at home, no matter how serious or sentimental it is. THIS IS A GAME PEOPLE!!! I wish that someone on this show besides a few would play it, instead of all these halfwits getting a free ride towards the end and ulitmately more cash. All of the TRUE survivors are always gone early in the game. But of course the drama of this show is was gets the ratings. And now that is looks like some surivors are possibly hand picked like all of the bar rats the show has only been going down hill.Only Butch, Matt, Christy and yes Rob really do deserve the win.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Only Butch, Matt, Christy and yes Rob really do deserve the win.

After last night I'd gladly see Rob in the Final 4 instead of Jenna. The guy showed he's got some compassion and soul, and class, behind all the clowning and scheming.

Jenna may have come off worse than anyone in last night's Ep, with Heidi and Alex not faring much better. Please let ChillOne and BoDogs be wrong!!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
This reminds me of S4 when Neleh received such bad editing and everyone was dumbfounded as to why they were trying to make a villain out of Neleh. The answer became obvious later--we were being shown why she didn't win.

While I don't think they have to do a lot to make Jenna look that bad, it kind of does reek of the same editing. Like they are trying to set us up for a Jenna loss. We'll see though, I am really curious to see how she gets into the Final 2 now.

04-25-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Alex's Early Show Appearance"
Word to that, BR.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •