The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

unclepruff 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unclepruff Click to send private message to unclepruff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
Is it just me or does anyone else think the reward challenge prize was incredibly (pardon the pun) CHEESY????

Since when does a picnic consist of solely Mountain Dew and Doritos??

When their your sponsor?

Come on MB dont be a sell out ...that challenge was way too much work in that challenge for a measly bag of Doritos and that god awful Mountain Dew!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? FingerBang 03-02-01 1
   RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? Survivorerist 03-02-01 2
 RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? shanana banana 03-02-01 3
 RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? Rudyrox 03-02-01 4
   RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? Monkeyboy 03-02-01 5
 RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? Bushwacker 03-02-01 6
   RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? managerr 03-02-01 7
       RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? ACPS65 03-02-01 8
           RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? Joe DiNimite 03-02-01 9
 RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? ItzLisa 03-06-01 10
   RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? King Oscar 03-06-01 11
       RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? Survivorerist 03-06-01 13
           RE: A Recipe from King Oscar King Oscar 03-06-01 14
               RE: A Recipe from King Oscar Drive My Car 03-06-01 15
                   RE: A Recipe from King Oscar Survivorerist 03-06-01 16
               RE: A Recipe from King Oscar ItzLisa 03-07-01 17
   RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew????? George Tirebiter 03-06-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FingerBang 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FingerBang Click to send private message to FingerBang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
I was thinking the same thing..picnic to me means hoagies
and fruit and burgers and bbq chicken..DORITOS? Once I saw the "reward", I don't think I would have tried too hard to win the helen keller game.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-01, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
You obviously aren't Tina then.

Survivorerist

Final Four: Amber Brkich, Colby Donaldson, Elisabeth Filarski, Rodger Bingham (Probably not but that would be cool)

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-01, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
I laughed my ass off when I saw the "picnic." This was definitely the most pathetic case of product placement yet.

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
LOL- I know! While the caffine from the Mountain Dew was probably a welcome treat.. I can't believe the only food was Doritos! They could have added hotdogs or ham & cheese or even apples to make it a little more like a picnic.

Jerry comment, "It would be really nice if they blew this challenge for us" was a riot. At least she admitted they were the better team.. I'm just heartbroken over Micheal. I hope Kutcha sticks together and wipes them out.

Mary

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-01, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
How about Tina and Jerri jumping up and down with excitement when they saw what the picnic actually was? How much do they get for
getting excited about Doritos?

I still laughed insanely when Ogakor lost! Amber was spinning in circles 3 feet away from the table.

Bushwacker 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-01, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bushwacker Click to send private message to Bushwacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
It was unbelievable. At least in S1 the food was real, nutrition and all. This was an absolute joke. I can understand, though, why Ogawhore would get excited considering they haven't had anything to speak of for food. At least this would have been a change for them. And I must say I have a very loud HURRAY when Kucha won.

Is Jerry living lucky or what? She was gone last night until Mikey blew it. Now she actually has a chance to stick around a while with Kucha picking off the strong Ogawhore members, Colby first and then Keith. They won't see the women as that big a threat in winning the game. They can pick them off later. In fact once the strength is gone the women may unite in an alliance to make sure a woman wins it all.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
I was thinking the same thing--I know they were starving, and if you were going to provide them with some food--why not provide them with something a little bit more nutritional?!?!? If anything, the Mountain Dew would likely make them more thirsty.

I especially liked the part when Kucha started eating the Doritos right after they won--kind of rubbing it into Ogakor's faces.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-02-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
So lessee here....out of all the challenges, Immunity and Reward, Ogakor won how many. 3? 4?

Final Three: Alicia Calaway, Jeff Varner, Elisabeth Filarski.

Joe DiNimite 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20DiNimite Click to send private message to Joe%20DiNimite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
Funny you should mention this, cuz I've been acting really funny since the episode...MUST BY DORITOS...d'you think they might've used subliminal...MUST DO THE DEW...messages or something?

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-06-01, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-01 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Definition according to WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY

"PICNIC": SANDWICHES, HOAGIES, HOTDOGS, BURGERS, POTATO SALAD, ICE CREAM BARS, COOKIES, Doritos and Mountain Dew.

"SNACK" (FOR WATCHING "SURVIVOR" AT HOME ON SOFA IN FRONT OF TV): Doritos and Mountain Dew.

I mean, aren't the food rewards supposed to get crappier as the game progresses, a la Colleen and Jenna's monster barbecue, down to Gervase's lame little pizza slice and Kelly's mushy pasta dinner? I mean, come on! They haven't even merged yet!!! Kucha's been cooking up better meals than that on their own!

UNLESS.....maybe the sandwiches were hidden in the basket??? It was covered with a cloth, ya know!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

King Oscar 76 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-01, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20Oscar Click to send private message to King%20Oscar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
For Survivor III I am going to add King Oscar Sardines to the sponsor list. I will make sure I can some in a Jalepeno Pepper Oil. That will be a great reward especially the next day, then the winners will sit in the water all day to stop the burning.

Crush some King Oscar medium sardines in olive oil with some shallots that are finely diced and some mayo and spread them on any kind of Dorito chip.....m-m-m-m-m-good.

"I love sardines"
King Oscar

03-06-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
>Crush some King Oscar medium sardines
>in olive oil with some
>shallots that are finely diced
>and some mayo and spread
>them on any kind of
>Dorito chip.....m-m-m-m-m-good.

That actually sounds pretty good. Do you think you could have a complete recipe for me?

Survivorerist

Amber Brkich, Colby Donaldson, Elisabeth Filarski. The alphabet alliance.

King Oscar 76 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20Oscar Click to send private message to King%20Oscar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A Recipe from King Oscar"
I would love to share this recipe with you and anyone else that would like to try it.

One tin of King Oscar Medium Sardines in Olive Oil
One small shallot, diced finely
One and one half tablespoons Hellmans Mayonnaise
Tabasco to taste

Drain the can of sardines and put sardines in a bowl. Mash them coursely with a fork. Add the shallots. Add the tabasco (a little for mild, alot for hot). Stir this mixture together until it is well mixed. Add the Mayo and mix until it is smooth.
Spread on any flavour of Doritos you like. Enjoy.

Remember, there is no substitute for King Oscar Sardines, they are simply the best.

"I love sardines"
King Oscar

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A Recipe from King Oscar"
No offense Oscar, but this whole recipie thing cracked me up.

Ha ha ha ha
You might just get me to eat a sardine someday
ebug

03-06-01, 05:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: A Recipe from King Oscar"
Personally, I think sardines are delicious.

Survivorerist

Amber Brkich, Colby Donaldson, Elisabeth Filarski. The alphabet alliance

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A Recipe from King Oscar"
Okay, then it's settled, King Oscar - if we all ever get stranded on an island (MonkeyBoy's maybe!) or the Outback, YOU get to be the Rudy/Keith cook of the bunch! That really sounds yummy!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-06-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Doritos and Mountain Dew?????"
I also busted a gut when I saw what the "picnic" consisted of (and especially Tina's reaction! Oh boyoboyoboyoBOY! JUNK FOOD!).

Mock B. bragged all over the Today show (or someplace like it) that he was such a master of product placement and he deserved top dollar for the ads he worked into the show. If so, he should've worked his hump off to get Outback's business--haven't they worked hard to get us to picture the ideal Aussie barbeque? Now THAT would've been something they would've fought tooth & nail over!

This was even more pathetic than winning a Bud LIGHT or a pair of Dr. Scholl's insoles.

And what's with these people, anyway? I have yet to hear about anyone missing loved ones, but the promise of FritoFeet chips brings on multiple orgasms?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •