The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mark grace 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-14-01, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mark%20grace Click to send private message to mark%20grace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
What are the RULES
It's been mentioned before but why were Momily penalised 24 hours. Other teams have cheated and they were only hit with 30 minute time penalties.. What are the rules to this TV GAME..

Is the network making up the rules as they go along to make it more exciting.

Who knows but I know one thing GUIDO your History next week...
This team has been to lucky and there time is UP!!!

I'll miss you Emily and If by chance you ever come to Australia I'll look after you

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are they Making up the rules as... Serendipity 11-15-01 1
   RE: Are they Making up the rules as... heymikey 11-15-01 2
 RE: Are they Making up the rules as... Whiz 11-15-01 3
 RE: Are they Making up the rules as... asperella 11-15-01 4
 It's All Fair KelvinKing 11-15-01 5
   RE: It's All Fair Stairway2Dayton 11-15-01 6
   RE: It's All Fair-Is it? asperella 11-15-01 7
       RE: It's All Fair-Is it? Cole 11-15-01 8
           RE: It's All Fair-Is it? Styxfan 11-15-01 9
               RE: It's All Fair-Is it? UncleMark 11-15-01 10
                   RE: It's All Fair-Is it? Loree 11-15-01 11
                       RE: It's All Fair-Is it? Miaperdido 11-15-01 12
   RE: It's All Fair ZuZusPetals 11-16-01 14
 RE: Are they Making up the rules as... Stairway2Dayton 11-15-01 13
   RE: Are they Making up the rules as... TeamJoisey 11-18-01 15
       RE: Are they Making up the rules as... Painterly 11-18-01 16
 RE: Are they Making up the rules as... MsCurlGurl7 11-18-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-01, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
I thought 24 hours was extreme. Shouldn't it have been the time the bus would take which was 11 hours?

I think they still would have beat Guido with that.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-01, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-01 AT 01:18 AM (EST)

I think it depends on what they cheated on. The detours are probably one of the most important aspect of the game, and I guess, the show penalizes those who do not conform to it.

By the way, next week would probably be a non-elimination point.

Whiz 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Whiz Click to send private message to Whiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
That was my initial reaction too. (Probably in part because I want Guido to lose.) The best example I have is the Geezers didn't do the roadblock at the Eiffel Tower and yet were only penalized a few hours. 24 hours is a bit ridiculous.

I do however feel that the final four is only fair. They were definitely the four best teams throughout the race. Now it gets really interesting.

Die Guido, Die!!!

asperella 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asperella Click to send private message to asperella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
Of course, as a momily fan, I would ask the same question. I mean Phil made it sound like they did a flop or somethin'. I disagreed on the part where they didn't do the detour. THEY DID GO TO THE TIGER PLACE, didn't they? Only thing is that they didn't take the correct transport-which is either a public bus or a private bus. Well, they didn't go straight to the pitstop (now that's more like a 24 hour penalty). btw, how far behind were the Guidos? There were previous teams which did not obey the rules, yet they only get a 2-3 hour penalty, like F&M and the Guidos when they took a taxi instead of the train, remember? Afterwhich one had to drive in a slow buggy whilst the other member on the team took a faster to the pitstop? That penalty wasn't so bad. So why were mom & emily penalised so badly for their mistakes this time?

At least with this episode over, we won't be fretting over when momily goes out-but when the Guidos get the boot-if they ever get it.

PS: Perhaps, one of the rules they should set is that whoever gets the FF should arrive at the pitstop first, failing which, that team would be eliminated. Ha ha.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "It's All Fair"
The difference is this time, they broke the rules on INTENTION. All the other examples we've seen so far, the geezers not doing the road block properly, Frank & dildos not taking a train to Castledefranco - were UNINTENTIONAL. Thus they were penalized for what the producers thought was fair (2 - 3 Hours).

This is a completely different case, a team actually knows what they have to do, and yet they don't comply. It's totally fair.

Sorry

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's All Fair"
Absolutely right, Kelvin. They were expecting to be disqualified at first, and didn't seem the least bit surprised at the time penalty.

S2D

asperella 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asperella Click to send private message to asperella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's All Fair-Is it?"
Okay, we do know that Momily knew before hand what they were required to do. But if you run the tape again on that train incident to Castledefranco, we cannot be sure whether they were INTENTIONAL or not. They didn't say it out loud-on TV, but hey, they may be pretty good actors (esp the guidos) and took a chance anyhow. What was written on the markers is clear enough. If you must take the train, then take the train. And during that particular episode, Momily pointed out that there was clear instructions for them to take the train, not any other transportation, so was that still er unintentional?

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's All Fair-Is it?"
Well, also in Frangarita and Guido's cases, the instructions simply said "take a train to...." I truly do not think it was intentional, they were in Bologna and thought it would be quicker to get off and take a cab. If I had done that, I would have argued that I did take a train, it didn't necessarily say take a train ALL THE WAY. No one clearly said they couldn't get off early.

Nancy and Emily were disappointing in that they thought they were so far behind that they didn't care and more or less gave up.

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's All Fair-Is it?"
In their interview on the Early Show, Nancy even admitted she knew they would be eliminated. They did it on purpose to get the stage over with. Like Kelvin said, she had given up and just wanted to finish. I think that was the best way they could have gone out; they didn't get beat, they lost it themselves. But man, I really hated seeing Emily cry. =(

UncleMark 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UncleMark Click to send private message to UncleMark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's All Fair-Is it?"
I listened intently to the interview this morning and again this afternoon. Nancy distinctly said she knew there would be a punishment. She felt it would be shorter than 24 hours, as it was when all the others had taken a time penalty.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It's All Fair-Is it?"
I heard that too. Nancy was shocked at how long a penalty they got. I don't think it was fair. The difference was that Momily was very honest about it. The others just acted innocent and got away with it.

Miaperdido 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miaperdido Click to send private message to Miaperdido Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It's All Fair-Is it?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-01 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

Maybe it's 24 hours in an elimination round and only a few hours in non-elimination rounds. I mean 24 hours in a non-elimination round would really screw up the next round. Just a thought.

ZuZusPetals 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZuZusPetals Click to send private message to ZuZusPetals Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's All Fair"
Why should INTENT factor into it at all?

"Gee, ref, I didn't MEAN to go offsides..."
"I didn't INTEND to foul that ball..."
Oh - gee - well then, I guess it's okay.

Dave and Margaretta didn't complete the Eiffel Tower roadblock correctly (eliminated that round; moot point)
Guidos and F&M were penalized some unspecified amount of time small enough to not affect their standing.

Momily committed the SAME error, and got 24 hours' penalty.

The only conclusion is: it's RIGGED, guys.
They don't give us all of the start/finish times, they don't let us track money resources, they give players unspecified "production delay time credits," they surprise us with "non-elimination rounds," they apply penalties inconsistently, and they don't post RULES anyplace viewers can access them.

"All's Fair" INDEED.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
Did they have to count the coins by placing them in the pot, or could they have counted out the coins in the bowls, then once they had found the right bowl they could have gone through the pot line? The rules are probably the more anal version. At least the Guidos were gracious at the end when they discovered that they would not be eliminated.

Momily looked great on the Early Show, didn't they?

S2D

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-18-01, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
>Did they have to count the
>coins by placing them in
>the pot, or could they
>have counted out the coins
>in the bowls, then once
>they had found the right
>bowl they could have gone
>through the pot line?

This is what I was shouting at the time!!!

Once through the line, count the pots.
Then count the coins in the bowl.
If they stop you, then you can't do that.
But it would have been worth a try.
Maybe there are longer explanations given to the contestants as they go along. I would think there must be, because too often they are moving in one direction when common sense would dictate another course.

Painterly 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-18-01, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Painterly Click to send private message to Painterly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
I guess it's easy for us all to second guess the way they approached the coin in the bowl game. Both Momily and the Guidos went about it the same way and the lucky Guidos just grabbed the right bowl.....so be it. Their day will come...we hope!

If Momily had grabbed the right bowl they might have encountered the same slow bus ride. Guidos were well prepped on how to get quickly to the bus if they lost the FF so there is no guarantee Momily would have been home free.

MsCurlGurl7 22 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsCurlGurl7 Click to send private message to MsCurlGurl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Are they Making up the rules as they go Along??"
They all obviously know the rules before they start teh show, cause when momily decided to just take a taxi, they sounded pretty darn sure that they would be knocked out because of it and they didn't care...So that's their own fault.

MsCurlGurl7

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •