The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"premature elimination"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

pokey 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"premature elimination"
Well.. I never woulda predicted that one. Nancy and Emily shooting themselves in the foot by not doing the detour. The Guidos getting the FF then sitting on their asses in some hotel and coming in last (pre-adjustment). Why the hell Momily couldn't just find a darn bus station and get the bus that leaves every 20 mins is beyond me. Then they still would've beaten the guidos and they'd be the only ones left with a FF.

SOOOO not impressed that they wimped out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: premature elimination SkyRaider 11-15-01 1
   Disgusting jenbug 11-15-01 4
 RE: premature elimination stepol 11-15-01 2
   RE: premature elimination SkyRaider 11-15-01 3
       The lady and the tiger Cole 11-15-01 5
   RE: premature elimination Blueville 11-15-01 6
       RE: premature elimination Styxfan 11-15-01 7
 Slap Slap Slap Survivorchick 11-15-01 8
   RE: Slap Slap Slap Loree 11-15-01 9
       RE: Slap Slap Slap Cole 11-15-01 10
           RE: Slap Slap Slap TeamJoisey 11-15-01 11
               RE: Slap Slap Slap Blueville 11-15-01 12
                   RE: Slap Slap Slap Cole 11-15-01 13
                       Those Cunning Guidos.... SkyRaider 11-15-01 14
                           RE: Those Cunning Guidos.... sctes 11-15-01 15
                           RE: Those Cunning Guidos.... KelvinKing 11-15-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 09:51 AM (EST)
1. "RE: premature elimination"
I think Nancy just got tired of hearing Emily piss and moan about everything and threw up her hands and took the easy way out to get it over with and done. Then, being the dutiful Mom, she assumed the blame ("I'll always regret not giving Emily the chance...") Hey, Nancy.....you gave her the chance, okay? Get over it.

jenbug 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-15-01, 11:32 AM (EST)
4. "Disgusting"
Sorry to say this on a thread with many Momily fans...but I am glad to see them go. I had had just about enough of Emily saying "you're stupid" and "screw off" to people who didn't understand her language and weren't up to the tempo of the race. They are just in their everyday lives...how would you feel if someone from another country asked a question without please or courtesy, and then screamed "HURRY, HURRY" as you thought of the answer. Those two gave Americans a bad name.
BTW-the comment about Mom channeling the spirit of Paul- too funny

stepol 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 09:52 AM (EST)
2. "RE: premature elimination"
I agree. I'm a huge fan of Momily but this was a huge mistake. I think Nancy was channeling the recently departed spirit of Paul "Let's Just Quit Now" Alessi. We were screaming at the TV: "Just take the bus ... Emily, make her take the bus!" We knew what the twist would be the minute they climbed into that cab.

After the India incident, you would have thought they would know realize that you never what can happen with the other teams. If you're going to walk through a tiger pit anyway, take the bus!

So depressing but it actually made it easier for me to see them go. I mean, it's a race and if you're going to give up then you should get out.

11-15-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
3. "RE: premature elimination"
<If you're going to walk through a tiger pit anyway, take the bus!>

Emily hit the wall of dumbness when she was tip-toeing past the tigers, walking OVER their tether/leashes. All one of them had to do was stand up, which would have flipped Emily on her behind and the nice tiger would have had a decent meal.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 11:38 AM (EST)
5. "The lady and the tiger"
Exactly, did you notice how she was the ONLY one to walk over the chains? What was this girl thinking? Although I find it hard to believe they were all by themselves in there. I know they wore the cameras on their heads, but a couple shots it looked like someone was following behind them with a camera, unless it was a really good zoom.

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 11:42 AM (EST)
6. "RE: premature elimination"
I also like Emily and Nancy. I thought it was quite ironic too that when the Guidos and Frankarita got a time penalty a couple episodes back for exiting a train to take a cab to a route marker, Emily had said, "If the instructions say take a train, then you take a damn train!"

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 01:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: premature elimination"
Emily did not want to give up though. Her mom had to persuade her. If Nancy had given her the choice, Emily would have kept walking around looking for that car. Which by the way, I don't see they were so hard to find. The map they had didn't look like that large of an area.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-01, 01:40 PM (EST)
8. "Slap Slap Slap"
Argh! I justed wanted to slap those two!!! They were SO close to getting rid of those irritating Guidos for good. I can't believe that they gave up. They were the only team I was cheering for. I'm so disappointed in them. They could've found the bloody car!!

Survivorchick

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-01, 02:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Slap Slap Slap"
I was disgusted because I feel like Momily failed us. All the viewers who wanted to see the Guidos gone. They had the power to make us all do the happy dance. And they gave up... so depressing.

11-15-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Slap Slap Slap"
I felt exactly the same way. Not only was it Momily's chance to rid the teams of the Guidos, but it was all of ours as well! Speaks as to how good the show is, it really draws you in!

As for the car, that map sure made the area look small, but who knows how big it could have been. I think I would have hired a cab to drive me down each street systematically, and looked for drivers standing aimlessly waiting for someone.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-15-01, 03:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Slap Slap Slap"
That's what I was yelling at the TV. Hire a cabe to canvass the grid until you see a guy sitting in or standing near a car. Check the license plate. Move on.

Another team fails to think before they act.

And why not count the pots in the temple on your first trip down the line, and then count the COINS IN THE BOWLS to match on your next trip. Maybe they would have stopped me, but that would have been my strategy.

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Slap Slap Slap"
I thought the same thing, Joisey. If there are 108 pots, why not just stand at the table and count how many coins are in each bowl before you start dropping them in the pots?

11-15-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Slap Slap Slap"
I think Phil said something about how teams had to take a bowl and drop a coin into each bucket and if they did not have the right number, they had to start over. I think he also told them there were 108 coins (or maybe he just told us that). I am sure that they could not have sat there and counted the coins first.

Regardless, they were told that the coins had to be an exact number. So WHY OH WHY did they go so slowly and count each coin. I would have frantically dropped a coin (carefully of course) into each bucket but it seemed like especially with Momily the counting really slowed them down.

11-15-01, 05:24 PM (EST)
14. "Those Cunning Guidos...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-01 AT 05:25 PM (EST)

Anyone else notice that the Guidos were holding the bowls up, looking on the BOTTOMS, like they would be marked with "Here is the one with 108 coins in it!"

Those guys don't miss a trick as far as being cunny and canny weasels.

sctes 53 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 06:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Those Cunning Guidos...."
I was thinking that looking under the bowls would make sense if you were thinking of cheating. If the producers had no way to verify which bowl(s) had the right number of coins, then a team who got extra coins might have been able to throw them in together with 106, 107, 108 two at a time or whatever. If the tin was marked somehow, the cheaters couldn't get away with this.

On the other hand, if they were not marked but the producers knew which tin on the grid was a winner, either team could have played musical tins with them and then commenced with dirty pool.

I'm guessing there were rules about counting the coins at the table or taking more than one dish at a time.

I know I'm over thinking this, but I wouldn't put anything past the Guidos. I would have rather seen Momily cheat than give up. I was really hoping they would pretend to have won the FF pass, just to get the Guidos to scurry back across the river. I think to pull that off though they would have needed to borrow a left over FF pass from the Festers or whoever if they still had their's, as just jumping and screaming "we got it" may not have been sufficient.

And of course in the end Momily could have stayed in the race anyway. Plus they'd be the only team who could get a FF, which would have probably ensured passage through at least the next elimination point. Bummer.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 07:43 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Those Cunning Guidos...."
I have to agree that it was good thinking. It only takes a few min to look, and hey who knows, sometimes u get lucky. Or all the time in their case.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •