The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lame Food Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-07, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lame Food Challenge"
I'm sorry, but that food challenge was lame.

Cooked Chicken hearts. Come on. That's just chicken. (Ask Shi-Anne!)

Cooked EEL! DELICIOUS!

Thousand Year Old Eggs? I get those in China Town all the time. They're good.

Baby turtles were creative, but if you looked at them, they were pretty small.

The only gag-factor item was the balut.

What about a pint of blood! Rotten Fish! Making your loved ones eat tarantulas!

Blah. oh well. I do like the yellow tribe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lame Food Challenge aquariaqueen 10-30-07 1
   RE: Lame Food Challenge Sunny_Bunny 10-30-07 4
       RE: Lame Food Challenge nailbone 10-30-07 9
           RE: Lame Food Challenge Sunny_Bunny 10-30-07 10
               RE: Lame Food Challenge nailbone 11-01-07 13
       RE: Lame Food Challenge skeetergirl87 11-01-07 12
           RE: Lame Food Challenge nailbone 11-01-07 14
   RE: Lame Food Challenge CTgirl 10-30-07 8
 RE: Lame Food Challenge jbug 10-30-07 2
   RE: Lame Food Challenge aquariaqueen 10-30-07 3
       RE: Lame Food Challenge Snidget 10-30-07 5
           RE: Lame Food Challenge jbug 10-30-07 11
 RE: Lame Food Challenge samboohoo 10-30-07 6
   RE: Lame Food Challenge ohmyheck 10-30-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-30-07, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
Did they say the eel and chicken were cooked???

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
I don't know about the eel, but the chicken hearts were obviously cooked. Eating that would be no different than eating the boiled gizzards you put in homemade chicken or turkey gravy. Not gross at all.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
that would be no different than eating the boiled gizzards you put in homemade chicken or turkey gravy. Not gross at all.

I beg to differ. Gizzards are GROSS, cooked or not.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
well, perhaps I should have stated that better. In the gravy it's not gross. However, they were small, they were cooked, and that was the one thing they had in that challenge that I could have gotten down with very few qualms.

11-01-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
I pick 'em out of the gravy.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-07, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
I grew up eating home-cooked chicken, so we always cooked and ate all of it. One of my favorite pieces was the heart. It kind of tasted like the gizzard, but didn't have the rubbery texture and it was very small. When they broke out the chicken hearts, I was sincerely disappointed that was considered "gross".

Now, the eel I might have had a problem with - especially the head!

11-01-07, 04:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
Blech. DW likes those parts, too.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
The eel looked cooked to me - it looked just like unagi (Japanese for eel) that I get at a sushi restaurant and that's cooked.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
About those thousand year old eggs?

I've been meaning to ask. Where do they get them and is there a huge supply somewhere? Is there a stash that is marked 999 years and 998 years, etc so each year another batch becomes the 1000 year old eggs?

And how much does a 1000 year old egg cost?
AND why would you choose to eat one?

September 2007 - Agman

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-30-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
I have always thought those exact things.

Do they boil thousands of dozen eggs and date them? UPC code them now? And how in the world would they even consider holding onto them for so long and deciding then they should eat them now? Were they willed to someone?

I guess they stumbled upon an old egg, tried it and liked it, and said, guess what, we're not going to eat these newly collected eggs but save them and tell people they'll be a delicacy in 1000 years, and they'll go right along with that.

Baffles me.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
They aren't 1000 years old or even 100 years old when they are called century eggs.

It is just a name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg

They are a few weeks to a few months old. It is a method for preserving the eggs when you have them for consumption later on that year.

They are only weeks to months old depending on the method used.

Haunted by Tribe!

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"

And the birthday genius solves the mystery!
thanks Snidge.

Personally? I still don't want to eat one.

September 2007 - Agman

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
All of it had the gag factor for me.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-07, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lame Food Challenge"
Agreed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •