The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-07, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
And we're off..!

The Gufu Award was established to determine the dangdumbest moves in the game of Survivor. Every week you have two votes (sometimes more) to cast about which about which contestant made the dangdumbest move that week. But you also have one production vote (sometimes more) to cast about what was the dangdumbest thing about the episode other than the things the players did, like for example who decided to make them all stay together two days and build a luxury predesigned camp they wouldn't all be able to enjoy, or hey what about them caves?

But wait, there's more! Got more than them three bummers to point out, go ahead and claim as many Honorable Mentions as you want. Honorable Mentions don't count as votes, but what the hey, they're just as fun. Go wild.

What was the dangdumbest game move this week?

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 smokedog 02-09-07 1
   RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 nailbone 02-13-07 14
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Dakota 02-09-07 2
   RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Snidget 02-09-07 4
       RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Dakota 02-09-07 8
           RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Estee 02-09-07 9
               RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Dakota 02-13-07 13
                   RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 nailbone 02-13-07 15
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Colonel Zoidberg 02-09-07 3
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Estee 02-09-07 5
   RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Colonel Zoidberg 02-09-07 6
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 jackandjill 02-09-07 7
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Brownroach 02-09-07 10
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 iltarion 02-09-07 11
 RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1 Dakota 02-13-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-09-07, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
1. Dreamz acting like a dummy in the shelter by calling out everyone and being loud. Never too early to give someone a reason to boot you off, I guess. I wish Stallone would have knocked Apollo Creed out.

2.Yau-Man drawing attention to himself as a liability at tribal council

Production: Not having alternates ready for the season.

Production: Lame way of letting Sylvia get to be the picker. Why not a mini-challenge?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Production: Lame way of letting Sylvia get to be the picker. Why not a mini-challenge?

Agreed. Further proof that being a leader is a BAD IDEA.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
I have to rewind and rewatch cause I don't know names yet but I can say one thing now. Chariot races? In Fiji? MB usually ties things into the culture and history of the place and I'm sure that Ben Hur was in Rome or something, not the Pacific. And then all those sea snakes, I mean, wasn't losing Steve Irwin bad enough? Now we risk losing a reality tv contestant? Ok. That's all for now. I'll actually put in my votes later.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Well as poisonous snakes go it sounds like with these ones you actually have to try pretty hard to even get bit.

They are normally docile to begin with, and they really don't have that whole unhinge the mouth thing so they can only really bite fingers. It doesn't appear that there are a heck of a lot of people getting bit by them even though they are venomous, and common in a lot of areas.

If any of the survivors teases one of them with their finger enough to get bit, it will probably be bash-worthy more than anything.

Even with the snakes that can bite big body parts and tend to be grumpy you usually have to do something to get yourself bit. Sometimes it is unintentional like stepping on one you didn't see, still a fair number of the rattlesnake bites in the US appear to be provoked (woman and girls get bit on legs, boys and young men get bit on hands).

I am assuming the medical team has antivenom on hand for any snakes in the area. The cast is never left alone so I assume response time isn't much of an issue.

It's a tribe creation!

02-09-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
So you're saying that the likelihood of any of these people dying of a venomous snake bite is slim? What's the point of watching?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
There's lot of other wild animals that could attack. Birds. Local mammals. Other contestants. Jeff.

Especially Jeff. He's almost got to lose it eventually. Maybe this'll be the cast that does it.

The jaguar quota has been met.

02-13-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-07 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

Yeah!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. Now I once again have something to look forward to. It IS possible that this will be the season of the Great Jiffy Meltdown. My enthusiasm has been renewed!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Especially if the "talking back to Jeff at TC" that began last season continues.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-09-07, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
CONTESTANT BAD MOVE 1 - Jessica shoots her tribe down. No one wanted to vote anyone off, and Ravu looked like a potential love tribe, what with no Dreamz. Jessica couldn't get anything done in the challenge...she screwed up her puzzle and drew attention to herself with an inability to get knots untied.

CONTESTANT BAD MOVE 2 - Dreamz shoots off his mouth. It's way too early to be an obnoxious SOB. I guess he's following in the footsteps of Kimmi the militant vegetarian, Ghandia the militant non-victim, Roger the militant homophobe, Judd the militant @$$hole, Shane the militant psycho, and Cao Boi the militant...well, not really militant, but completely out there. After all, it's a pretty good strategy; it got Shane all the way to 5th place.

HONORABLE MENTION - Some alliance that the Ravu Three have going on. Sure, no votes for each other, but I haven't seen such brilliant vote-scattering since the days of Pagong.

PRODUCTION - Please, for the love of God, pick a name for every contestant and go with it. I couldn't figure out who "Rocky" or "Dreamz" was until it was made painfully obvious. And make the name caps consistent. If he's "Dreamz" on the show, he should be "Dreamz" on the site, even if I've never heard of anyone actually named "Dreamz," even as a nickname.

PRODUCTION HONORABLE MENTION - Whatever genetic experiment got Rocky on the show is some bad science. That guy's somewhere between bat$#!t-crazy Matt from the Amazon and bat$#!t-crazy Shane from Exile Island. Seriously...the creepy-looking appearance and the Boston tattoo, not to mention the ethnic personality of Boston Rob...where do they find this guy? And as crazy a combination as he is, he's probably the most entertaining person on the show right now.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestants #1: 'Here is a box that may contain extremely vital, potentially fragile, and definitely irreplacable equipment. Let us drop a really big rock on it.'

Contestants #2: 'All right -- we have an alliance of three in a group of nine. Obviously that's majority.'

Production: Couch!

Honorable mention: As noted last night on the update thread: we have an Alex, Gary, Tony, and Michelle. What the hell?

Did they look under the cushions for change? Snacks? Tom Cruise?

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-09-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
>Honorable mention: As noted last
>night on the update thread:
> we have an Alex,
>Gary, Tony, and Michelle.
>What the hell?

I know...and to make it crazier, Earl's last name is Cole, and I checked Dre (or Dreamz, or whatever the hell his name is) and his personal favorites. Aside from being from a rough background, I noticed that, just like Alex from SI, the only beverage he listed as a favorite was water. It's as if EPMB was a reader of Society Islands and decided to send in a few shout-outs to the author.

And if that's the case, where the hell is the old guy named Charlie, the star athlete, the pathological liar, and the female Richard Hatch wannabe? Eh, well, back to the drawing board, and by that, I mean my next season...

jackandjill 204 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-09-07, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jackandjill Click to send private message to jackandjill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Survivor gufu
1) Yao-Man should have been on the back of the chariot. Soaking wet the man doesn't weigh 87 lbs.

Production gufu
1) No swimming challenge. We never got a chance to see Jessica's b@@bies except in cbs.com photo gallery.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Have you any Dreamz you’d like to boot
Dreamz, the homeless one
Like a loudmouth drives you mad
And you still end up remembering
What you lost:
A good night’s sleep
You could have had
A good night’s sleep

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-09-07, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
GUFU1: Andre, for glossing himself, a classic blunder rivaling land wars in Asia. Also for opening his mouth to do anything but eat, drink or breathe. Big mistake.

GUFU2: Cassandra, for being Cirie-lite, and for also not knowing where Borneo is. Girl, you are in Fiji right now. You would think that if someone was going across the globe to Fiji, they might look at a map at some point.

Production Gufu: What is with all the nicknames? This is supposed to be reality TV, not the WWE.

02-13-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S14 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Is Rocky the new Shane?

1. Jessica for thinking that if Rocky is on your side, you're safe. She had Rocky and Erica. Too bad her luxury item (do they still have them?) wasn't a calculator. She sounded like Ambah. Intentionally?

2. Rocky for: (a) picking a fight with Dreamz; (b) making a fuss about big words; (c) forgetting to tell Jessica that she was in trouble even though he promised to do so AND made her take a blood oath to do the same for him.

Honorable mention: Sylvia, the rain gods were on your side after you acted all bossy and pushy telling them to finish up with their water drinking and get to work. If it hadn't rained that night, you would have looked bossy and pushy instead of smart. We'll see if this carries over when you come back from the Snake Pit a/k/a Exile Island.

Production: Chariot races? As in 'when in Fiji do as the Fijians do'? There was no local ceremony or welcome and we've heard almost nothing about Fiji except they used to eat people and have lots of snakes. Give us some local flare, MB!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •