The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was it my imagination..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-03, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was it my imagination..."
...or was Julie Chen *much* worse than normal last night?!?!

Her lines were empty-air filler that started grating on my nerves. I started yelling at the TV "We KNOW that already!" every time she said something stupid.

Her makeup was badly applied.

She misread or fumbled her cue card lines at least twice.

The "drama" they tried to impose during the Live Vote, with ominous music, was bad enough. But Chen's commentary was not only unnecessary, it was inane and made Chen look and sound stupid.

Chen's questions to the players, trying to force drama, would fall flat because the players (PREDICTABLY, I might add) would give a standard, sterile answer.

I thought it was really tacky and bad to have Alison give Nathan a "farewell" speech. I half-expected and half-hoped she'd turn to him and say "Goodbye!" and nothing else.

In Nate's exit interview, her questions were just plain stupid. Nate did not rise to the bait and took the high road.

Definitely a "D-" day for Julie Chen!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was it my imagination... nailbone 08-14-03 1
 RE: Was it my imagination... ejm92 08-14-03 2
   RE: Was it my imagination... SurvivinDawg 08-14-03 3
 RE: Was it my imagination... Violet Nyte 08-15-03 4
 RE: Was it my imagination... okdebi 08-15-03 5
 RE: Was it my imagination... strid333 08-15-03 6
 RE: Was it my imagination... MollyTV 08-15-03 7
 Who's Julie Chen? Canada Girl 08-15-03 8
   RE: Who's Julie Chen? strid333 08-15-03 9
       RE: Who's Julie Chen? Violet Nyte 08-16-03 10
 RE: Was it my imagination... whoami 08-16-03 11
   RE: Was it my imagination... Swami 08-16-03 12
 RE: Was it my imagination... Jims02 08-16-03 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Was it my imagination..."

>I thought it was really tacky
>and bad to have Alison
>give Nathan a "farewell" speech.
> I half-expected and half-hoped
>she'd turn to him and
>say "Goodbye!" and nothing else.
>
>
Not to mention the "frequent bed-mate" crack. As if Ali needs help looking like a slut!

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-14-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
Is it just me or is Julie pushing it as low as possible because she knows Les is on her side and she can? Or is she just that moronic. Maybe she really is a robot........so many possibilities.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
I felt like the producers left Julie hanging out to dry by not giving her good material, and then having her do the stupid drama comments while the peeps were voting.

Those comments while they were voting were *really, really* stupid, and really got me ticked off. My tv is lucky there were no hard objects to throw at it within my reach. *Grrrr* All they did was re-iterate what we already knew from 35 minutes of Julie trying to embarrass the peeps with stupid questions.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-15-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
The live vote was so horrible. Why did have to say ANYTHING AT ALL between the votes?! Argh.

Still waiting for my Julie Chen bobble-head doll...

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-03, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
"Her makeup was badly applied"

Okay...don't forget the GLITTER!!! What is WITH the body glitter??? Every week I have to squint at the TV to actually accept the fact that she is wearing GLITTER. What is UP with THAT??? I don't even hear what she's saying because I'm trying to figure out why she is wearing body glitter.

<deep breaths> okay, I feel so much better now!!

Debi

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-15-03, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
Not to offend anybody here, but according to imdb.com, Julie holds a degree in broadcast journalism and English from the University of Southern California. Not like its Harvard or anything.

Julie is pretty horrible.

Three is the perfect number.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-15-03, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
don't kill me....but

i DID like her new hairstyle....really i did...

everything else ...i agree with ya'll.

molly

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-03, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Who's Julie Chen?"
My husband hates her SO much that he Fast Forwards anything with her. I have to pry him away from the remote just to watch the exit interview...he checks his email.

oh and BODY GLITTER? Good god!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-03, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who's Julie Chen?"
I still can never believe the body glitter. Is she trying to be credible? Could you imagine some of the other journalists and anchors wearing body glitter. Imagine Barbara Walters, Jane Powley, or Dan Rather. Or how about Lloyd Robertson, Sandi Rinaldo, or Peter Mansbridge (he looked soooo funny yesterday coming straight off his vacation to cover the blackout).

Three is the perfect number.

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-03, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who's Julie Chen?"
Dan Rather... glittery...

Surely the 5th sign of the apocolypse!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
She could dress better ( but it was not all that bad ) and ask better questions. She has been trying to keep the controversy going this year. The questions are just not right. Maybe she will get better.

WHOAMI
How you play a game is how you are in real life when push comes to shove.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-03, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
Maybe she will get better.

Sadly, she is (comparatively) better. Which tells you just how bad she was in BB1. She still sucks, but she sucks better. And if that sounds obscene I don't care...

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-03, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Was it my imagination..."
She makes Ahmad Rashad (Celebrity Mole) look like a converstational genius.

Just had to pop in to say that...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •