The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

As you all know, I just LOVVVVVEEEEE to spoil Survivor, but alas, this year everything we didn't need to know was known way ahead of time. So, for a little fun, I'm having a contest to guess the exact amount of weight that Survivor Katie lost during the filming of Survivor Palau. If multiple peeps post the correct answer I will have to draw the winner out of the survivor cap. So, come one, come all and take a guess as to how much weight Katie lost! Winner will get a new siggie!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss hunniebunns 05-15-05 1
 28 POUNDS ... Scarlett O Hara 05-15-05 2
 about 19 lbs. coolbluepig 05-15-05 3
 She gained 10 pounds IceCat 05-15-05 4
 - 5 pounds ohmyheck 05-15-05 5
 13 pounds PepeLePew13 05-15-05 6
   RE: 13 pounds CattyChat 05-15-05 7
       RE: 13 pounds PepeLePew13 05-15-05 9
 15 pounds Andromeda 05-15-05 8
 She'll say..... emydi 05-15-05 10
   RE: She'll say..... CattyChat 05-15-05 11
       RE: She'll say..... emydi 05-15-05 12
           RE: She'll say..... CattyChat 05-15-05 13
 RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss KeithFan 05-15-05 14
   RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss taffnic 05-15-05 15
   RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss Draco Malfoy 05-16-05 19
 Loss of 0.5 lb strid333 05-15-05 16
 8 lbs seahorse 05-16-05 17
   7 Lbs fairyprincess 05-16-05 20
 RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss Flowerpower 05-16-05 18
   RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss Andromeda 05-16-05 21
       RE: 20 pounds DonnaLynn 05-16-05 22
           RE: 20 pounds Wacko Jacko 05-16-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-15-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
well, since there's a great prize on the line...let me be the first to guess. 11 lbs. I know she probably didn't lose that much but she probably had some water weight issues.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-15-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "28 POUNDS ..."
... although to the untrained eye, it looked like 5!

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-15-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "about 19 lbs."

i guess it 19 lbs

Th3 c0ol bLue P!g 1s 0utT@ h3Re!!!!!!!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "She gained 10 pounds"
... minimum.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-15-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "- 5 pounds"
Come on, lets get real.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "13 pounds"
I'm tempted to say that she 'lost' -13 pounds (as in gained that much) ... but this is Survivor, she probably lost some fat and gained a bit of muscle -- try not to laugh too hard -- so while it prolly seems like she is the same, she's simply lost less than some of the others who are making her appear more chunky as they get skinnier faster than her.

So... I'll go with a 13-pound loss.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 13 pounds"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

I don't know where my response went when I posted this the first time, but here it is, again. (I'm new to this -- long time "lurker" though)

The muscle gain vs. fat loss only works when a person is actually doing something that exerts energy. Seems to me our Katie has done nothing but lay around the camp and exert her mouth -- i.e. eating & yapping. I wonder what the calorie/fat count in coconuts and coconut oil is? Also, usually when there is fat loss in association with muscle gain, there is a loss of inches. I would love to see a before/after pic, because she looks about the same to me, IMHO.

So, my guess is -- she will claim she lost about 25 pounds and in reality only lost maybe 7 (I'm being generous).

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 13 pounds"
Gregg did say during his media scrums after being booted that Katie did more around camp than what has been shown on TV, so again it's hard to say with what we've seen but also how she has done in comparison to others around her in camp.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Andromeda 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-15-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Andromeda Click to send private message to Andromeda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "15 pounds"
"Weight loss" is a very deceptive phrase; how much a person "weighs" is not always good indicator of their physical appearance.

I think then people are talking about someone's "weight" they are usually talking about how much body fat they have. Someone who is trying to "lose weight" is actually trying to lose body fat. However, muscle weighs more than fat so if someone who is slightly overweight is burning fat and also building muscle there may not be any net loss of weight (and often there may be a "weight gain" in the end) despite the fact that the person will appear much leaner and more in shape.

For example, two women who both weigh 140 pounds can look drastically different. If the first woman's weight is due primarily to the amount of body fat she has she will appear "fat." If the second woman's weight is due to the amount of muscle she has (and therefore very low body fat) she will appear "thin."

So I think Katie has definitely "lost weight" in that she appears thinner. This is tricky, though, because while she was losing fat she was probably building muscle as well. What is her net weight loss? I'd say that she lost 20 pounds of fat and fluids and gained 5 pounds of muscle which puts her net loss at 15 pounds.

~*~Andromeda~*~

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "She'll say....."
she lost 30 lbs but she actually gained 7

05-15-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: She'll say....."
Watch, she'll win the million (please oh please NO!) AND get a job as a Jenny Craig spokesperson -- what survivor can't do, Jenny Craig can -- move over Kirstie Alley.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: She'll say....."
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

welcome to the boards...WOOOHOOOO another cat!!

Keep posting!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

05-15-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: She'll say....."
Thanks, will do.

Looking forward to the big finale tonight. I'm sure there's going to be good threads following tonight.

PS - Cats rule!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
She got rid of 235 lbs of ugly fat..... she broke up with her boyfriend!

I'll guess 22 pounds, an even 10kg.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
I'll guess 9 lbs.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
Ian couldn't have weighed more than 100 lbs tho.

Oh wait, he only THOUGHT he was her boyfriend.

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Loss of 0.5 lb"
This happening over the last couple of days when Ian didn't take her with him.

Three is the perfect number.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "8 lbs"
At the most

Handcrafted by RollDdice

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "7 Lbs"
When do we get the results??

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 07:22 AM (EST)

Well, so far I have not seen/heard the results, but I promise you, even if I have to track her down myself and ask the question, I WILL! As soon as I know the results, I'll post away! Good luck.

Andromeda 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-16-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Andromeda Click to send private message to Andromeda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Guess Katie's Weight Loss "
We all look forward to the results!

Just out of curiosity, Flowerpower, how much weight do you think Katie ended up losing?

~*~Andromeda~*~

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 20 pounds"
I'm going with 20 pounds...

--Donna :~)

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-16-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 20 pounds"
I am not going to bash Katie. There have been worse people on Survivor make it just as far if not win the game.

But.....honestly I don't think she lost anything on the Island. You know how they go from the final two at the final tribal council to the live shot in NYC, well I thought Katie lost more weight off the island than on the island. She is the first person I have seen that appeared to lose weight after the show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •