The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-02, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Adding to the caps from SFever already being discussed. Sorry for the titles at the top of my caps. We're having lots of tornado touchdowns here in Bunglerland today (no worries: the Bungler homestead is safe and sound).

{Announcer} Survivor Thursday...

{Announcer} ...messages from home...

{Announcer} ...will bring some castaways joy...

{Ted's wife} I wish you were here.

{Ted} Yeah!

{Announcer} ...others to tears...

{Woman} I love you sweetie.

{Announcer} But now!

{Announcer} Clues from their personal lives...

{Brian} She's a little crazy.

{Announcer} ...could be used against them.

{Helen, voiceover} This guy doesn't need the money...

{Helen} ...that'd be enough to vote him off.

{Announcer} And the ultimate Survivor showdown.

{Clay, to Helen} The tribe has spoken.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps erikman 11-10-02 1
 RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps I_AM_HE 11-10-02 2
   RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps siamcat8 11-11-02 13
 expensive cars VanQ 11-10-02 3
   RE: expensive cars frisky 11-10-02 7
 RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps true 11-10-02 4
 RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps Yogi 11-10-02 5
 Helen's buff in confessional Bert n Ernie 11-10-02 6
   RE: Helen's buff in confessional true 11-10-02 8
   RE: Helen's buff in confessional frisky 11-10-02 9
   Excellent Point B&E franksantlers 11-11-02 28
 Family visit along with videos?? I_AM_HE 11-10-02 10
   RE: Family visit along with videos?... true 11-10-02 11
       RE: Family visit along with videos?... I_AM_HE 11-10-02 12
           RE: Family visit along with videos?... JohnMc 11-11-02 15
           RE: Family visit along with videos?... Bungler 11-11-02 16
               RE: Family visit along with videos?... tribephyl 11-11-02 19
   RE: Family visit along with videos?... Brownroach 11-11-02 14
 Clay and family contact Bebo 11-11-02 17
 Memory challenge? FesterFan1 11-11-02 18
   RE: Memory challenge? witenko 11-11-02 20
   RE: Memory challenge? Krautboy 11-11-02 21
       Good work Krautboy jkokoj 11-11-02 22
       Rookie mistake FesterFan1 11-11-02 24
       RE: Memory challenge? I_AM_HE 11-12-02 30
 RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps wendyp 11-11-02 23
 RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps VanQ 11-11-02 25
   RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps Krautboy 11-11-02 26
       RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps californiablonde 11-11-02 27
   RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps samboohoo 11-12-02 31
 A stretch... Penny is our first ind... VanQ 11-12-02 29
   RE: Order of events and then some VerucaSalt 11-12-02 32
   RE: Not so fast... ShowMeTheWinner 11-12-02 33
   RE: A stretch... Penny is our first... Brownroach 11-12-02 34
       movement analysis big idiot 11-12-02 35
           RE: movement analysis VanQ 11-12-02 36
               Clay in motion Bungler 11-12-02 37
                   RE: Clay in motion fivestarwheezy 11-12-02 38
                       RE: Clay in motion Bungler 11-12-02 39
                   RE: Clay in motion Krautboy 11-13-02 40
 clay... VanQ 11-13-02 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-10-02, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
looks teds wife is in the hospital, so helen is not talking about him.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-02, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-02 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-10-02 AT 08:32 PM (EST)

looks like the new car in the garage is Brian's (cap 25) - clearly a younger woman with two young kids in the video, car to the right. doesn't look like Jake, Ted, or Clay, as the reactions from each following other wife shots seem to indicate otherwise. So that leaves Ken or Brian, and I think Ken is single, plus the reaction immediately following is Brian.

What the heck is the deal with the Clay and Jake sots in 30/31? Are they having their senior pictures taken? sheesh.

and the Clay to Helen quote seems a bit ominous. perhaps between this quote and the kiss, we have an alliance forming between these two.

still, I tend to believe with all the focus on Brian he is NOT getting the boot. which either means CG sticks together to boot a SJ (most likely Ken) or that Brian (and maybe Ted) sense the CGs have some resentment for Brian and help vote off a CG (could be anyone, really). Also an outside possibility that 4 CG sticks together and votes out one of their own (a likely scenario especially if the merge continues to be delayed, although I doubt it) and votes off one of their own (most likely Jan)

edit to say thanks Bungler, and glad your house is high and dry

edit again to say that upon further review, Ken is still a posibility for that video, as Brian is looking over in Ken's direction (although not necessarily at him) and his face shot is immediately followed by a "lusty" face shot of Ken's - what I had originally taken as a look more of shock/jealousy ala Helen's, but now I'm not so sure. It would also explain why Ken's going on about "being a threat" - although we don't really need much explanation for that

also, can anyone who's seen the preview tell the tone of voice with which Clay tells Helen "The Tribe has spoken"? if its despondent, it would suggest he feels he's getting the vote, so i suppose the car could be his as well, although it would surprise me if Helen is the one involved in that conversation as well

siamcat8 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-11-02, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail siamcat8 Click to send private message to siamcat8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
In response to I AM HE writing that Ken is a possibility for that video...

I noticed several people thinking it could not be Ken's video because he is single. The woman in the video could be a girlfriend or relative.

or

MB decided to make it look like it could possibly be Ken's video because he realized he made it to easy to guess it was Brian's.

Either way I think the shots are out of sequence and not necessarily the reactions to the video clips we are seeing. I only heard "the tribe has spoken" comment once and it did not seem despondent it was more matter of fact like they had all agreed to do something.

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "expensive cars"
This is getting alot of attention. Could be misdirection, but MB is really mixing it up this year with misdirection and directness.

By elimination: 'this guy...'

Ken, not likely, a cop living in Brooklyn.

Clay, .... maybe, given that he recently claimed bankruptcy, he might have bought the car in better times and maybe his expensive tastes brought him to bankruptcy.

Brian, could have the car, but I think people would believe it might be a 'company car' or loaner, or got a great deal on the car.

Ted, possible, dont know how well he is doing in software.

Jake Very likely, land brokers have to look good when they are showing prospective buyers around. Definitely most likely.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: expensive cars"
Any one of those people could have an expensive car. We could run around in circles all day wondering who is able to afford a new car when anyone with good credit and a steady job can get an auto loan. People with nice houses and cars aren't necessarily rich...just more in debt.

That said, I think the car quote is saying more about the speaker than her subject.

If I were starving my ass off on that island, and Helen came up to me and said "Did you see so-and-so's video? See that car? He doesn't need the money. You, me, so-and-so and so-and-so should all get together and get rid of him."

I'd get a few other so-and-so's together and work to boot her off because of her complete misunderstanding of and disrespect for the object of the game.

All Helen has to do is share her views with the other survivors and she's a goner.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-02, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Seems to me, that with this promo in particular, MB is trying to make us think Helen is refering to Brian, with the placement of the shots, as well as the voiceover. Since it appears the Brian is viewing his video, post merge, and in a different seat than the arrival shot, I'm guessing that Brian wins reward. That could also make people resent him, and make him appear to be a boot target. All of that stuff is probably misdirection, and someone completely different gets booted.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-10-02, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Helen "Brand new cars in the garage - that'd be enough to vote them
off because they don't need the money."

Helen again "This guy doesn't need the money..."

I am guessing here (as usual). The mention of 'cars' and 'personal lives'
makes you think of Brian or Jake. My guess is that she is directing her
comments at Clay. Perhaps Clay's wife held the interview at his restaurant
to show him everything is going well. In Helen's eyes Clay is well off because
he owns a business/restaurant. Little does she know the realities of a restaurant
owner's life.

Bert n Ernie 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bert%20n%20Ernie Click to send private message to Bert%20n%20Ernie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Helen's buff in confessional"
If you'll notice in vidcap 32 Helen is wearing a red buff in her ponytail. This is also the vidcap where she makes the comments about the expensive cars. But from the other discussion thread, the tribes merge immediately after watching the videos. So shouldn't Helen be wearing a gold buff when she makes the comment about expensive cars? Perhaps her comment is not in response to something she saw in the videos, but just a discussion at camp?

(First time poster, so please flame nicely )

11-10-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Helen's buff in confessional"
Good point, BnE, and Welcome! (I think I'll call you Ernie, Bert scares me )

I was so busy noticing all of Kens head gear, that I hadn't noticed that Helen should be making that commment post video viewing. (and therefore post merge)

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Helen's buff in confessional"
Hi, Bert n Ernie. You're right. And in 23, 26, and 27, they are in gold buffs so they are not reacting to videos in those shots.

Is it just me, or does that first shot of Brian eerily resemble Charles Manson on his last 60 Minutes interview? {shudder}

franksantlers 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-02, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail franksantlers Click to send private message to franksantlers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Excellent Point B&E"
Great catch B&E, but I don't think that's Helen's Chuay Buff but just a normal red hair tie.

11-10-02, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Family visit along with videos??"
ok, who is in the right side of this clip in the yellow shirt?

we can tell its not Brian, Ted or Jan from the shot. None of the others are wearing yellow either:
Penny, Jake, Ken:

Clay:

Helen:

in fact the only person i recall having a yellow shirt is I believe Clay. So this leads me to believe the yellow shirted person is a family member? And they are running across the screen to a person on the right- Brian, Ted, and Jan do not win.

If all this is correct, it also makes the obstacle cource the IC (and the videos usually involve RC anyway, which would lead one to believe the obstacle challenge is IC anyway)

11-10-02, 11:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Family visit along with videos??"
Hey HE, I asked that same question somewhere else. (feel like I'm repeating myself all over the place today!)

These 2 shots are from different challenges. The one with the yellow shirt is speculated to be from IC, and the other is the video reward.

11-10-02, 11:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Family visit along with videos??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-02 AT 02:54 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-11-02 AT 02:50 AM (EST)

heehee, great minds i guess true

these caps are confused

still, i find it hard to believe we'd have a trivia IC (which is where the green cards and yellow shirt are both visible) PLUS an obstacle reward PLUS ideos from home in the SAME episode. Two of these have to be combined, and I suggest that the obstacle is IC, and the trivia and videos are linked in a reward, as in S3 where Lex (?) won by correctly matching the answers given by his wife

I know, the clothing still makes this questionable, but as I said, they seem to be so confused that I'm STILL not sure we're teasing out the right timing for the caps

edit: what about this scenario:
they get to reward challenge, still separated in two tribes. they see intro clips for all their family, and then Jiffy announces they have merged and will be playing question and answer with their family member(s). Jiffy says come and get your new buffs and answer cards for the challenge, they go back and sit down - perhaps in a different seating arrangement. The clip of Ken w/ purple buff congratulating Jake could be on seeing Jake's video, or on learning of a merge. The reward challenge then takes place and Clay wins (perhaps family visit) - this assuming it is him in the yellow shirt, still questionable under this theory, as its the only change of clothing i can see in the majority of the sitting caps

remember, we could be seeing a lot of shots out of order, and MB is not above altering buff colors

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-11-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Family visit along with videos??"
still, i find it hard to believe we'd have a trivia IC (which is where the green cards and yellow shirt are both visible) PLUS an obstacle reward PLUS ideos from home in the SAME episode.

Well, I find it hard to believe that we only got one challenge in the last episode, so we must be making up for it by giving them extra challenges/adventures in this one.

(Truth be known, last week's ep was BORING! Please, no more weeks with only 1 challenge unless there is a real "event" like setting up camp or the merge.)

11-11-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Family visit along with videos??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-02 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

I Am He --

The way I'm assuming it goes is that

1. They show up in orange/red and purple buffs to RC. They are shown snippets of family videos, then informed, "You are now merged and will be competing individually." The challenge for reward is the physical ladder one we've seen. Trivia would make more sense, but I think MB threw out "sense" this season and decided to make everything boring and/or stupid this season instead. Vidcaps would seem to signal a Brian win of RC, but I'm not 100% convinced. The reason I think these two portions are definitely connected is the clothes. In the shots of the group arriving to the Family video scene, Ted is in a bright blue sleeveless shirt and his CG buff. Helen is in a longer sleeved gray/black shirt and has her red CG buff. Brian has a light gray t-shirt on. Jake has on a sleeveless tee and has his SJ buff around his forearm. In the later challenge shots, Ted has these same clothes on, but now has a yellow buff. Helen, too, has the same clothes on (as she's climbing the ladder). Jake, tumbling into the net with Granny Clampett just behind him, also has the same clothes on. Then we see Brian, assumedly, talking about his wife. He has on the same t-shirt as pre-challenge. Jake, dressed the same, is also behind him, but his buff color is now yellow.

2. The other scene we have is this one. (note: I'm swiping the awesome TDT's cap because it's so much clearer than mine).

Perhaps the most important thing to note is that Ted is dressed completely differently than in all of the previous scenes (i.e. long sleeve darker blue shirt).
In this scene, Brian is holding something in his lap. There is a set of female hands in front of Jan holding something as well (which we've said are cards). Also, the yellow shirted person (undoubtedly Clay), is holding something as well (you can see his finger and something like an embossed book cover in his hand). If you could see this scene on slo-mo, you could see that the Clay(?) jumps up and moves out of screen. I suspect that this is trivia of some sort, or something of the like, and he's gotten an answer correct. Jan is smiling at him. Ted & Brian looked unimpressed and slightly perturbed. Instead of cards, I think that these may be flip-books with answers (sort of like the flip books you think of when judges score gymnastics). With Brian's, we're seeing the spine or something of the sort. With the female hands, we're seeing the uneven pages portion (or the opposite side of the spine). And with Clay's we're seeing the front/top cover.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Family visit along with videos??"
Bungler,I agree about the flipbooks and Clay's yellow shirt, exiting the scene. This would seem to imply the use of trivia as the IC. Whether Clay answers right or wrong, or not at all, I will answer in a bit.

What I don't understand is why some peep's don't believe that a "trivia IC" could be compelling TV. Somehow, I think folks on the board have forgotten about S4 Ep.8 IC "Coconut Chop". Last season's action and tension packed "trivia IC". Where Tmates are forced to show their hands, by picking who can't win immunity.
What if Clay is one of the first "chopped" (perhaps even Helen as well). Then there might be significant importance in his "the tribe has spoken" comments to Helen. Realizing that the two of them are not a part of either group, or they are both fighting over F4 and F5. Helen's question might just be why be #5 on CG when I can be #4 on SJ. Or whatever. All I know is that a Trivia Challenge can be played a couple of different ways and MB might have stumbled on his greatest "coup d'etat" by coming up with "coconut chop", or would that be Coup d'NUT, and will most likely use it in some form or another in this season.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Family visit along with videos??"
I think the color on the "yellow" shirt in Cap 23 might be distorted, and it could be Jake's gray-beige shirt seen in Cap 31. The sleeve looks narrowly rolled above the elbow in both caps.

Maybe he is getting up to get receive his new buff in Cap 23, since in Cap 31 he is wearing the buff on his right wrist. That's the only discrepancy, otherwise it really looks like the same shirt to me.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Clay and family contact"
{Woman} I love you sweetie.

We can now put a dent in the spoilers regarding Clay not having personal contact with his wife during the game. Some suggested that meant he'd be around the whole time, while others thought it meant he'd be gone before a family challenge. If the reward is video-only, and no real-time contact, then they wouldn't have been in contact for the 39 days. She would have had no way of knowing whether or not Clay even got to see her video until he got home and told her (if he told her).

With the personal contact challenges, we can sometimes get information from relatives' comments or travel plans, but if it's just a video, then no, since all 16 families could have been told to send videos.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Memory challenge?"
I haven't seen any discussion, thus far, on why there seems to be 2 times the players meet in a fashion where they are seated and facing Jeff. Notably, the first time, they are wearing original tribal buffs, and the second time, they are wearing the post-merge gold buffs.

Pre-merge:

Post-merge:

Now this could be parts A and B of the same RC, but notice that Ken is wearing his SJ buff the first time the sit, then switches to his NYPD hat, then to his merger buff.

There doesn't appear to be any change of clothing, and the last vidcap of Ken with the gold buff might not be from the "videos from home" portion of the show. So it's possible that the tribes sit, are shown the videos, are given new buffs, and then are told what the challenge will be.

Based on the looks on their faces, they look like they're being asked to do something that they weren't prepared to do. It's possible that the challenge will be to remember details from the others' videos.

I think the challenge that looks to be some sort of obstacle course is the IC. This video challenge (if that's what it is) is more likely the RC.

Thoughts?

Fester

witenko 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail witenko Click to send private message to witenko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Memory challenge?"
It appears that in Pic 14, Helen has the Gold buff on. Same as in Pic 28, unless she coincidently puts it in the same spot, and ties it nearly the same.

Just a thought

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-11-02, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Memory challenge?"
Fester:

We've had several discussions in several different places, so it's a bit scattered, but in this thread...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3250.shtml
...there is a pretty clear explanation, based on observations about Ted's clothes and buff changes, that the RC is the Physical Obstacle Challenge and the IC is the Trivia quiz.

So here's the sequence of events...

Both tribes arrive at the RC location wearing original buffs and are seated together.(Ted is wearing red buff and blue shirt.)

Jeff says, "Want to know what your playing for?" and shows each of them a short taste of a video from home.

Jeff then explains that they are now a merged tribe and hands out the new gold buffs. He then explains the Obstacle Challenge in which they compete as individuals or as a pair.

In the Obstacle Course Challenge we see Ted and the other contestants wearing the same clothes as when they arrived for RC, only the buffs have changed! Ted wears his "head-band style" during the challenge where we see him "cutting free the wood pieces".

The winner or winning pair then get to view their video from home with food and drink as the reward.

Two days later they receive tree mail that reveals the Trivia Quiz, an individual Challenge for Immunity.

The tribe returns to the same challenge location where they had previously viewed the video teasers from home.

The contestants have different clothes and are wearing their gold buffs. Ted is wearing his black shirt and gold buff (this time "skull cap style".

Jeff reads questions using "green cards" as part of the trivia challenge.

Someone wins this mental challenge and is presented with the Immunity necklace!

So, thats how I read the vidcap clues and I feel pretty confident about it.

The voice-overs are confusing and misleading, because the RC shots and the IC shots of the seated contestants are intermixed and out of sequence...MB is either trying to mislead or has simply selected the shots that make for the most interesting promo.

Krautboy

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-11-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Good work Krautboy"
Very concise and makes the most sense at this point. I speculate that Brian/Helen are a pair and win the RC. I believe Helen's comments are regarding Brian as she has gotten to see his video along with hers.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Rookie mistake"
Thanks Krautboy. So many threads, so little time. Although, the thread entitled "Episode 9 Challenge Speculation" should've been my first clue. Sorry. It's Monday.

Fester <-- Hopes to have all pistons firing by Thursday.

11-12-02, 02:43 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Memory challenge?"
i guess it does seem more likely that the obstacle/videos are combined as RC rather than trivia/videos, but i still say trivia/videos makes more sense

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-11-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Okay my .02 . . . I think the caps of Ken smiling is because they are told that merged . . . Meaning Ken and Jake can now try and sweet talk the CG.

Did anyone else notice that Helen's comment that He does not need the money are followed by 29 Ken, 30 Clay and 31 Jake. Okay so why is Brian and Ted not shown? Brian maybe because of all the other misdirection and the fact he is a car sales men. But Ted . . .well who knows. We know Helen was not fond of the "drama" with Ted and Ghandia, she know he has strength and will be a threat in the individual challenges, they are up on SJ and the car thing is just an excuse. This could be a Clarence vote, you are up on the other team, get rid of the challenge threat.

11-11-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-02 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

Excellent summary Krautboy, totally with you on your ideas. But it might be that everyone gets to see Brian (and Helens') videos from home.

Pre-merge and PRE-yellow buffs Brian is seen sitting at the back.

We see reactions to videos prior to merge and before they have their yellow buffs. Ted is definitely reacting to vid from home.

I believe that per Krautboy, they are shown a few pieces of the videos and then given their yellow buffs. Did anyone else notice the color of the chairs, one red (CG color) and at least 4 others are Sook Jai purple. Is it possible that they use the chairs for pairing for the challenge?

So they go off to the RC challenge, then return to watch the full videos, Brian now siting in the front row. Maybe it could be assumed that he was one of the people who gets to watch the whole video from home. And it does look like Helen and Brian may be paired in competition.

Now we see Brian in the front row, with Jake (very very sweaty this time) and sporting a yellow buff and TED sitting behind him. This is when Brian remarks "she's a little crazy" assuming that he is talking about his wife in the video.

Then this picture from the IC later with Brian Ted and Jan in a row. Although my other thought might be that those green cards.

Plus... DOESNT IT LOOK LIKE PENNY HOLDING THE GREEN CARDS WITH HER YELLOW BUFF WORN AS A HALTER TOP??? SHE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CHANGE THAT QUICKLY AFTER HAVING RECEIVED THE BUFFS. I wonder why she might be holding those cards for the whole tribe.

11-11-02, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
VanQ: Good call on everyone coming back after the challenge to watch the videos with the winner. Jake sure does look sweaty and it makes sense that the winners would be sitting in front to get the best view.

It also fits with the comments from Helen. Everyone gets an insight into Brian's financial need or lack there of and her assessment is that he is more likely to be voted for as a result.

Krautboy

californiablonde 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail californiablonde Click to send private message to californiablonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Before the season started - didn't Jiffy say something like... "Sometimes it's better to lose a challenge"
Maybe this is one of those instances.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-02, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ep 9 (Sun) Preview Vidcaps"
Agree Van. As I recall from S1, Greg won the home movie challenge, and they all watched his video with him.

My guess is that Brian wins the video challenge. Let's see, 27 days away from home, hears the words "home" and "video" in the same sentence . . . can you say second wind?

11-12-02, 00:23 AM (EST)
29. "A stretch... Penny is our first individual IC winner"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-02 AT 00:37 AM (EST)

Is Penny our first individual IC winner?

As discussed above, speculation is that the trivia quiz is our IC for individual immunity. Penny is wearing a yellow buff as a halter top.
Penny is shown holding some green tablets. Perhaps numbers or letters on the tabs correlate to multiple choice answers.

Now look at Brian he has some yellow tablets, and he is seated beside Jan and Ted. Ted and Brian do not look pleased, maybe they have been eliminated, along with Jan, from this competition.

Thanks to TDT for this image

Now the yellow t-shirt, maybe it was made from leftover material from the flag that the merged tribe was to design. Not unlike the kite material in S4. Now to me it does not look like Kens arm. So that leaves Helen, Clay and Jake. This person looks like he/she is reacting to a wrong answer, and also judging personalities I would think that would be Clay (he seems more demonstrative).

With Jan smiling up at Penny, it is possible that Penny has won this challenge. Or at least is moving on to the next question with someone else (Jake or Helen?)

A stretch.. probably, and with my track record for this season, I am probably totally wrong.. but hey, maybe someone else might see something from this.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-12-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Order of events and then some"
Thank you Krautboy for being very concise in the order which I agree with 100%. They come and see the video snips, do the RC, winner sees full clip and then the merger. IC is at same spot which appears to be mental.

Now the challenge I see though appears to be paired so perhaps TWO people get to see the clip.

FWIW, if I saw Brian's wife on screen with a little kid, shaking her booty the way she is; my comments would NOT be about his car so I don't necessarily believe Helen is referring to Brian. Helen, IMO, would certainly comment about Brian's wife and maybe how she is portraying women as a whole.

Helen's comment is made by herself; Helen, quite often, makes comments by herself. I never really do see her sharing her comments that are negative with anyone else. Helen also has voted alone by herself. I think Helen's comments are going to influence HER vote but not necessarily anyone elses.

That yellow flash I think is Clay's shirt which means either he just got eliminated from the game and kinda stood up and was like Shoot!! Or he won the challenge and is celebrating. The looks on Brian and Ted's face appear to be more of one of concentrating or watching someone else go at their turn which if down to Clay and Penny; I'm sure they are very fixated on who ends up winning this. Jan's expression I can only hazard that she is just a smiley type person.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-12-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Not so fast..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-02 AT 12:15 PM (EST)

I agree with you that Penny seems to be the person who was holding the green tablets but the impression I got was that the person in the yellow shirt (Clay/Jake/Helen?) was the one who won the challenge. He was punching his fist in the air not because of frustration but because he was happy that he had won the challenge. I think the Survivors would react in a more muted way if they had lost a challenge (with the exception of Robb).

Besides I thought Jan's gaze was directed towards the person in the yellow shirt instead of to the person who was holding the green tablets. I thought Jan's head would tilt higher if she was looking at the latter since Jan was seated right next to the green tablets holder.
Also notice in the TDT clip that Brian and Ted would have tilted their heads more towards the back if they were looking at the green tablet holder instead.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-02, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: A stretch... Penny is our first individual IC winner"
The washed-out quality of the first cap and the angle in both are not revealing the depth of perspective, IMO.

I don't think the yellow buff-like object to the left of Jan in the top picture is connected to the person holding the green cards, who is obviously standing up, and who I think must be Jiffy Probst. I'm guessing there are four people to Jiffy's right and four to Jiffy's left, so Penny could be sitting to Jiffy's right.

In the bottom picture, the person with the yellow shirt is probably two or three to Jiffy's left, and much closer to the camera. In the lower right corner, I see a left finger clutching an oblong object that looks similar to what Brian is holding. I think this is a book or tablet to write answers in; it does not look like the green stack of cards.

The left finger would belong to someone even closer to the camera, but turning away from it -- perhaps preparing to hug the person in the yellow shirt? If so, this could mean that the person in yellow has just won the challenge...

OR that the person in yellow is about to hug the winner.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-12-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "movement analysis"
There is a lot of speculating in this thread and the Immunity winner thread about the movement of the yellow shirted person and how to interpret it.

I remember a similar analysis about Robb's fist pumping and primal scream (in the intro). There was lots of speculation to its meaning and location. The best analysis (a retrospective judgement because it turned out correct) was by posting the images in a streaming motion so all could see the movement in the post (not sure if that was on this board or another). This revealed that there was water in the background that sorta bobbed up and down, as if he was standing on a dock, so it was speculated that he was cheering about winning a challenge - which was correct.

The point being that perhaps someone can post a short streaming video in this post so a lot more people can analyze the movement and give interpretation.

Just a thought.

BI

11-12-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
36. "RE: movement analysis"
Big idiot... your name belies yours wisdom. Good idea. When I went back to CBS and looked at the vid, it almost looked as though the person was throwing something. But it is a very very quick motion.
And unfortunately I dont know how to post a short streaming vid.. .anyone else?

11-12-02, 10:06 PM (EST)
37. "Clay in motion"
Give it time to load

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-12-02, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Clay in motion"

Dear Bungler, I am just so happy to know you are alive and well. Thanks for all the vidcaps. You are the best! Can you put a little balloon by Ted saying "ouch!" on that 'Clay in motion' shot?

Wheezy

11-12-02, 11:10 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Clay in motion"
LOL!!!! wheezy, I didn't even notice that! It really does look like he's socking Ted a good one.

11-13-02, 00:12 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Clay in motion"
Bungler: You're the King!

Krautboy

11-13-02, 00:30 AM (EST)
41. "clay..."
TOO FUNNY BUNGLER.. Great vid clip. That clip is going to become famous now...

Definitely Clay, I personally couldnt remember him wearing that shirt, it sure looks bright and clean compared to everyone elses clothes.
here he is wearing it in EP1

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •