The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 04:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Saw this spoiler posted by MightyMom2 at survivorsucks. Thought it might be interesting. Note that my thoughts on this thing was that Penny's order was unchanged.

First-time poster, long-time lurker. Never registered or posted before because: 1. Never had anything spoiler-worthy to say, 2. Couldn't come up with a clever name (my boys came up with this one), and 3. Frankly, some of you scare me. So, agree or disagree. The following may be just a coincidence, or may not. I have read two of Mark Burnett's books, and I know that he does put subtle hints in the episodes and opening credits. I also know he is very egotistical, so this may just pan out.

Imagine the telephone keypad and the letters assigned to the numbers. Now shift the letters up so that you use the numbers 1 through 8 (eight members on each tribe). Assign letters to those numbers as follows:

Tribes shown 2nd in opening credits (Tagi, Kucha, Boran, Maraamu)

1 = A, B, C
2 = D, E, F
3 = G, H, I
4 = J, K, L
5 = M, N, O
6 = P, R, S
7 = T, U, V
8 = W, X, Y

Tribes shown 1st in opening credits (Pagong, Ogakor, Samburu, Rotu)

1 = W, X, Y
2 = T, U, V
3 = P, R, S
4 = M, N, O
5 = J, K, L
6 = G, H, I
7 = D, E, F
8 = A, B, C

Winners:
Richard = 5th person shown on 2nd tribe shown = M, N, or O "M"
Tina = 8th person shown on 1st tribe shown = A, B, or C "A"
Ethan = 6th person shown on 2nd tribe shown = P, R, or S "R"
Vecepia = 4th person shown on 2nd tribe shown = J, K, or L "K"

If this same pattern follows, and MB is spelling out his name, the next letter would be "B", which would be either Penny (8th person shown on 1st tribe shown) or Clay (1st person shown on 2nd tribe shown).

Here is the exact order in the opening credits for each Survivor season:

S1
Pagong: BB, Colleen, Gervase, Gretchen, Jenna, Joel, Ramona, Greg
Tagi: Dirk, Stacey, Rudy, Sonja, Richard, Kelly, Sean, Susan

S2
Ogakor: Colby, Maralyn, Keith, Mitchell, Jerri, Kel, Amber, Tina
Kucha: Michael, Alicia, Rodger, Elisabeth, Kimmi, Nick, Debb, Jeff

S3
Samburu: Frank, Linda, Silas, Kim, Lindsey, Brandon, Carl, Teresa
Boran: Kelly, Diane, Tom, Clarence, Kim, Ethan, Lex, Jessie

S4
Rotu: Neleh, Robert, Kathy, Tammy, Gabriel, Zoe, Paschal, John
Maraamu: Hunter, Sarah, Peter, Vecepia, Gina, Sean, Patricia, Rob

S5
Sook Jai: Jed, Shii Ann, Jake, Erin, Robb, Stephanie, Ken, Penny
Chuay Gahn: Clay, Helen, Brian, Ghandia, John, Jan, Ted, Tanya

I haven't been able to figure out a pattern that would determine which of the 2 tribes to pick from, but at least I can narrow it down to two people this way.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... OceanSkater 10-29-02 1
 RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... dabo 10-29-02 2
 RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... GTmike 10-29-02 3
 Wait and see sorgee 10-29-02 4
 RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... Brownroach 10-29-02 5
   RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... pancho 10-29-02 6
       RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... Brownroach 10-29-02 8
 RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... dabo 10-29-02 7
   RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... tribephyl 10-29-02 9
       RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... dabo 10-29-02 10
           RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... Bebo 10-29-02 11
           RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... Ahtumbreez 10-30-02 13
 Murphy's Law 101 SurvivinDawg 10-29-02 12
 RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoile... Draco Malfoy 10-30-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-29-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-02 AT 10:48 AM (EST)

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Don't be scared of me, Mighty Mom2!

The others,they scare me too! They all live as a commune in a huge castle on an island off Scotland. They are like mad geniuses, always scheming and plotting....they are waiting for their orders to take Saddam out and when they're on their secret government mission in Iraq, the boards are OURS!!!!Ha Ha HA ! (evil laugh)

This is a very nice bunch of folks here actually, I'm finding out. And all conspiracy theories are welcome. I must admit the keypad thing hurts my brain but anything with numbers (except money, and things to bet on) gives me a jolt up there. But I'm sure someone will be ablle to decode it. Hell, they got into the data base at TRW!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
For whatever it is worth, the National Enquirer reported on Penny's wedding and stated that she didn't win the million (though, technically, I suppose none of them have won the million yet, the money isn't awarded until after the last episode airs). MB is just egomaniacal to try something like this.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
It is interesting, but I think that this is bogus. The theory is lost when you have to switch the alphabet upside down for the second tribe. Why do that? It is basically manipulating your data to prove your hypothesis. It is an interesting find but I don't think that it is that relavant.

I don't think that there are any spoilers in the opening credits.

Happy Halloween

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Wait and see"
OK. I see possibilities here, but I also have my reservations.

However, I'm going to watch to see how this theory plays out. I think that MB definitely has some...gimmick that is an inside joke for him and the crew. And this would fit the bill nicely.

I'm jealous. I wish I had the time to sit around and come up with things like this!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
I saw this on the Sucks board too and I've never read anything so utterly, mind-bogglingly stupid.

So let's just get this straight. Mark Burnett decided to correspond each winner's position in the opening credits to one of three letters connected to a number on a telephone key. Except first he had to displace the letters by one number.

And why is he doing this? Just so he can SPELL OUT HIS NAME. Sort of.

I guess he must have been planning for Survivor 11 when he was designing the credits for Survivor 1 then.

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
No I am sure that this is real. I am putting this theory together in a colorful chart form to prove it.
pancho

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Colors would be good, pancho. I like burnt sienna.

By the way, ZJ, I wasn't flaming you as the messenger. And for what it's worth, I did think it interesting that Penny's was the only placement that didn't change when the new credits rolled in Ep 2.

10-29-02, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Who's the winner if Mark decides simply to spell Mark again?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Who's the winner if Mark decides simply to spell Mark again?
"M" again, translates as the 4th person on the 1st tribe or the 5th person on the 2nd tribe. However, that would be either John or Erin. And since John is already gone. I feel fairly confident in saying, "That's not gonna happen." LOL

10-29-02, 05:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Who's the winner if Mark decided all along to spell out MARK LOVES JEFF?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Get out of my brain, you wily bird! I was going to post something to that effect on Bashers after I finished my SOTS.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Ok, you made me feel like a dork this morning. It's 7am and I'm in an empty office, glad no one was here to see me spew Pepsi (notice the product placement). Thanks for the laugh.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Murphy's Law 101"
Two of the many corollaries to Murphy's Law are these:

"Anything can be proven with statistics."

"The same set of statistics can be used to prove two exactly opposite viewpoints."

In other words, you can find almost any bleeding pattern you want to if you look hard enough. And that same bleeding pattern can be used to discredit your original theory!

Aside to Dabo and Bebo: LOL!

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Possible Opening Credits Spoiler?"
Mighty Mom 2= Maraarotu

Do you think the average Stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •