The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

nichst 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-06-01, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nichst Click to send private message to nichst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
and anything can happen, and everybody loves to see the underdog win."

Right, guys?.....er....Guys?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Say goodnight Guido Cole 12-06-01 1
 RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... Falcon 12-06-01 2
   RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... Amily 12-06-01 4
 RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... Ruthless 12-06-01 3
   RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... heymikey 12-06-01 5
       RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... nichst 12-06-01 6
           RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... Ruthless 12-06-01 7
               RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... namssa 12-07-01 8
                   RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet..... heymikey 12-07-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-06-01, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Say goodnight Guido"
No, it's absolutely over for them as far as I'm concerned, see my post in "Guidos are OUT". Personally, this quote of blonde Guido's, "everyone likes to see the underdog win", made me retch. Since when have the Guidos been the underdog? The underdogs of the show were Momily and the Grandparents, and perhaps the Festers. An underdog is someone that everyone thinks has absolutely no chance of winning BEFORE the game even starts. The Guidos have been very competitive throughout the whole race and were probably favored by many at one point. To hear him try to gain sympathy by now casting themselves as the "underdog" is typical of their arrogance. All throughout the race they have gotten all the breaks and are now realizing they have been outplayed. It's just like when they had to row out to the Water Palace in India to see the wise man and realized that the Festers had caught up to them. They whined about losing their lead and one of them said something like "it's the story of our lives". Pffffffhhhhttt.

Sure, they're in last. But does that make them the "underdog"? ABSOLUTELY NOT. It's like having the overwhelming Superbowl favorites be down by 30 points with five minutes to go in the fourth quarter, and then decide you want to see them win because they are the "underdog". They are not the underdog. They made some errors and will lose. Apparently they will be poor losers.

Falcon 9 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Falcon Click to send private message to Falcon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
I cought that one too. Very amusing. I don't think they had any idea how unpopular they would be.

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-06-01, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
Underdogs? Hardly - I can't believe even they can think that they are the underdogs. I have been rooting against them since the beginning because of their attitude alone. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they find out they lost!!!

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-06-01, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
Guido have been arrogant the whole way through - from their assumption that because they had lived in Paris they would easily win those legs, to their assumption that because they had the fast forward they could afford the time to wait for the bus to take them to the pit stop.

Other little snippets have been shown of them saying the others won't be able to find this, we are here first, we are better than the others.

Well their arrogance has been their downfall. They should have been well in the lead after getting the fast forward in Thailand.

For Joe to say "the race isn't over yet - we can still win this" when they must know they are 24 hours behind the other two teams is the height of arrogance. Maybe if there were still 3 or 4 more pitstops to go with difficult plane connections, perhaps they might catch up. But not when there is only one more day (as in program) to go.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
>>> For Joe to say "the race isn't over yet - we can still win this" when they must know they are 24 hours behind the other two teams is the height of arrogance.

I don't think it's their arrogance that made them say that. It's their over-optimistic attitude.

nichst 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nichst Click to send private message to nichst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
>>>> For Joe to say "the race isn't over yet - we can still win this" when they must know they are 24 hours behind the other two teams is the height of arrogance.
>
>
>I don't think it's their arrogance
>that made them say that.
> It's their over-optimistic attitude.
>

I'm with you heymikey. If only Momily had had an ounce of that
attitude, we might be be talking more of them and less of Team Guido right now.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
Exactly - if only Momily had followed the detour in Bangkok correctly, Guido would have been dead and buried.

Momily would have struggled with the second day in Thailand challenges. But that wouldn't matter. They would still have had their fast forward to play.

I wouldn't really have liked them to have made the final 3 though, I found Nancy to be a bit grating on my nerves.

If only, if only, if only - life is full of "if only".

namssa 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-07-01, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail namssa Click to send private message to namssa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
I agree... If only... if only... They would have been in the final 3 because they would have used their fast forward in either of the next 2 episodes and would not have made the same mistake as the Guidos and would have been in 1 place (maybe even by hours) going into the final leg. They would have been in great position. But alas as my friends say... "IF my Aunt Mona had balls, she'd be my uncle."

And The Guidos are OUT of it. They are 24 hours behind with 1 trip left... I don't see how they can make that up. No possible way. They still haven't done the iceclimbing, ect. I'm sure CBS just wants you to believe that its possible they can come back when in reality they have no chance.

I'm not sure the Guidos know they are that far behind (24 hours). Otherwise they must know they are gone. Maybe they think they are only 6-9 hours behind and only a delayed plane ride away from catching up. Unless the the Anchorage airport is snowed in for a day or two they have no chance of catching up.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Joe: "The race isn't over yet......"
Since everybody here is obsessed with "If Only"s and "What If"s, I decided to join in.

IF ONLY the Guidos did not waste their Fast Forward by underestimating the other teams, they would probably be way in front of the race (if bunching did not occur) or at the same time with F&M and R&B (if bunching occured). They had a good chance of winning IF ONLY they weren't so arrogant in Thailand. But that's how the game goes. It doesn't matter if you are best team in the game (and the Guidos 'were' arguably the best team), it only takes a single mistake to ruin everything.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •