The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Thrill is Gone"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-05-01, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Thrill is Gone"
Every Wednesday I have to try to contain my excitement all day because I know that TAR is coming on that night. Sometimes I would find myself counting the days until Wed. My husband thinks I'm a kook because when the show comes on, I go into my own TAR world. I even talk about the contestants as if I know them.
But this week, I haven't had the normal excitement level. Maybe becasue I know this is a two-part episode? No, the reason for my change in attitude is this: NO FESTERS!!
Even though I like F&M and the lawyers, the show just won't be the same without the baldies to root for. They provided a great laugh every show. Yes, I know Joe and Bill will have to do some physical challenges in the finale and that might be worth a chuckle or two. Still not the bellygut laughter the Festers brought on.
Anybody else feeling the loss?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
  The Thrill is tainted Canada Girl 12-05-01 1
 RE: The Thrill is Gone mspolyglot 12-05-01 2
 RE: The Thrill is Gone RaceGirl 12-05-01 3
 RE: The Thrill is Gone Amily 12-05-01 4
 RE: The Thrill is Gone Falcon 12-06-01 5
   It's still there Cole 12-06-01 6
       RE: It's still there Falcon 12-06-01 7
 EXACTLY what I was gonna write lola 12-06-01 8
 RE: The Thrill is Gone Serendipity 12-06-01 9
 RE: The Thrill is Gone SkyRaider 12-06-01 10
 RE: The Thrill is Gone Puffy 12-06-01 11
   RE: The Thrill is Gone Goober 12-06-01 12
   RE: The Thrill is Gone Falcon 12-07-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
1. " The Thrill is tainted"
I'm with you L8!

TAR was fantastic with the Festers in it. It definetly won't be the same. I'm still going to enjoy the race to the finish, but I'm already looking back to fonder memories of the World Accoring to Kevin and Drew!

Oh well, we can hold out hope for a Guido/dog attack on the bob sleds!

mspolyglot 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
(It's my first post--yikes, I'm getting stage fright...)

YES! I so totally feel your pain. I am in mourning! I am glad the show is on, but it just doesn't hold the same importance for me anymore...now I am simply rooting against the Guidos instead of FOR the Festers.

If it hasn't been done yet, perhaps someone could compile a list of the great "Festerisms" that they've used while on the show, so that their legacy will live on.

May the Guidos finish last--grrrrrr!

RaceGirl 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-05-01, 06:58 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
It is soooo true. I lost my enthusiasm after the massive Momily screw-up/cheat that saved the Guidos. Still having the Festers made it fun at least. Now it is all about the race and the money. I agree that having the Guidos lose is all that matters at this point.

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-05-01, 09:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
It's almost not worth watching without the Festers - but oddly I am drawn to it - GO LAYWERS!

Falcon 9 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 07:46 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
You can count me and a few of my friends in. They were the heart of the show. I say we mail and E-mail the producers and lobby to get them back on for Amazing Race 2. Won't happen, but it can't hurt to try.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-06-01, 09:47 AM (EST)
6. "It's still there"
I liked the Festers as well, but they're gone, so I think we all need to get over it. I disagree that they were the heart of the show. The heart of the show is the competition. The Festers were merely the comic relief. They made the show funny and more interesting, but the show has always been about the race to finish first. The three teams that are left are the the smartest and most competitive of the original 11, as it should be. The teams are getting more focused. Frangarita had problems getting along last night but as Margarita said, in order to win they need to work as a team. Brennan said that "now is the time to concentrate on winning the Amazing Race". As the teams themselves get more focused, so should the show, and I think it was time for the Festers to go. They were not on the caliber of the three remaining teams. I intensely disliked them on the first episode, and as with everyone here, they grew on me and I found them endearing and hilarious. But serious competitors? No. I think we all have next week to look forward to - the competition between the Lawyers and Frangarita last night was gripping and will be even more so next week.

12-06-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: It's still there"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

Speak for yourself Cole. I wouldn't have even watched the show in not for Kevin and Drew. Granted, the Amazing race is the best reality show on TV. However it would have drawn little interest from me. I'm not a big fan of reality TV.

As for your claim that Kevin and Drew not as good as the remaining teams, that is simply untrue. They vastly outplayed the Guido's who have made mistake after mistake. Luck, combined with the quirks of the game have kept the Guido's in it, but they are not a deserving finalist. In the 4 legs leading to China, the Guido's finished last or minutes out of last 4 censecutive times, incuding the Nancy/Emily bail out leg.

THEY FINISHED LAST WITH A FAST FORWARD!! What more do you need to say about them? The old sports saying "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good" fits the Guido's perfectly.

lola 9 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 07:27 PM (EST)
8. "EXACTLY what I was gonna write"
I could have written your message!! I too
count the days until TAR and SIII, and yell
at the TV. Husband KNOWS I'm nuts!!

But the BEST thing for us still mourning,
is that the Festers would have NOT done well
at all in these final challanges. Could
you imagine those poor people trying to
throw Kevin in the air, or Drew trying to
climb an ICE flow for crying out loud!!

And the Wall of China - even Frangerita
were SO out of breath!

Now, I am just content to root for the
GUIDOS TO LOSE.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-06-01, 07:47 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
I miss all of the teams who are out - even those I didn't like. Well, all except Karyn & Lenny. She drove me up a wall.

Didn't really get to know much about some of them - the Moms, the Teachers, Matt & Ana. But I even miss Paul & Amie, even with her crying and his pouting. I was so glad they had the massage & ended up on a high note.

I don't think the Festers could have done some of the latter tasks, but I think they should have been there. The Guidos started out as the best team hands down. Then their arrogance just took over and that was the end. That 24-hour penalty was just way too much for Momily and the Guidos should have been out then - if for nothing else than arrogance.

I'll probably even miss Frank and he has pissed me off from Day 1 right up to last night's previews. "They're following us just like they normally do." Hey, Frank, you're all going to the same place, you arrogant pig!

Can you tell I don't like Frank?

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-06-01, 08:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
Watching the Lawyers is about as exciting as drinking a vanilla shake...no thrill at all, just by the numbers.

I can almost hear Margartia's teeth grit as she tries to put on a front like her and Frank are getting along, she'll dump him in a heartbeat, once the show is over.

Sigh...and last night, they barely even showed the team we all dislike, The Guidos.

Yep, the thrill is gone.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-01, 08:49 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
After reading your post, I felt like I was reading something that I had already written. You wrote my sentiments EXACTLY!! Sure do miss those Festers! Only 2 good quotes on last night's show: Frank saying "Let it go grandpa" to the old man flying the kite; one of the lawyers (still don't know who is who) saying to the cabbie, "take it and get out of my sight." Nothing even CLOSE to a festerism... sigh.

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-06-01, 11:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 11:16 PM (EST)

In my ideal world, the three remaining teams would have been F&M,
Guidos and the Festers. No offense to R&B fans, these cutie-patooties are eye-candies and ice-cream purists will tell you that vanilla was the only flavour God intended for ice-cream. However there's just no drama going for them. They're in great shape to handle any physical challenge and are in-sync with each other's thoughts, where's the excitement in that?(Well, maybe the
rare touchy-feely moments.)

With the other 3 teams each having a handicap of some kind--
M is not as physical as F, Festers aren't as physical as them all, Guidos wasting majorly time incanting their supremeness-- they'll all be on an equal footing making the race much tighter. Imagine the suspense at the end. We'd be hexing the good-luck faeries' fortunes, biting our knuckles at F&M bickering and crossing our legs that Kev. and Drew not make any mistakes.

It'll be a race to the last second. If only...

12-07-01, 05:55 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Thrill is Gone"
>After reading your post, I felt
>like I was reading something
>that I had already written.
> You wrote my sentiments
>EXACTLY!! Sure do miss
>those Festers! Only 2
>good quotes on last night's
>show: Frank saying "Let it
>go grandpa" to the old
>man flying the kite; one
>of the lawyers (still don't
>know who is who) saying
>to the cabbie, "take it
>and get out of my
>sight." Nothing even CLOSE
>to a festerism... sigh.

You missed the one festerism or near festerism in the episode. Rob & Brennan were running towards the kites and one said:

"Aren't we supposed to catch the kite guy and tackle him?

I thought this was the line of the episode and fester worthy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •