The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-11, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST"
From the comment section at MJ's--this tells you what you missed, lol! :

"Kirsten says:
05/25/2011 at 2:12 am

Performance Comments:

Round 1: You Pick

1) Scotty – Gone
Ryan – “Here kid, go stand in the audience to start your song. Back. Back. Back. Okay, that’s far enough. And with no intro: GO!”
It seems weird not starting with an intro clip. A lot of people picked this song for Scotty since it was one of his best and uptempo (plus, he did not sing it last week). He wanders up the aisle like somebody looking for their seat, spends some time behind the judges being corralled by Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew and some other musician before escaping and finally making his way on stage. I think his vocal may have been better than the first time he sang it, but the dynamics of his moving around the stage were a bit off. Still, strong finish (8.5/10).

2) Lauren – Flat on the Floor
First we get Carrie in the intro. Then we get a Carrie song. What next, Carrie will pick a song? Nigel likes him some Carrie and thinks Lauren should be associated with her.

Look, it’s Lauren rising up from the floor. Nigel’s Violin Play Nephew must have gotten lost trying to find his way off the stage because he is still there. Might as well play along with Lauren, eh? Both kids pick up beat numbers for their own pick. Must mean we are in for some dreary ballads coming up. I think she did better than the last time she sang the song because she didn’t seem as out of breath. (7.5/10)

Refreshingly, the judges do nothing. It’s not really different than what they’ve been doing all season, but in this instance it takes up less air time.

Round 1: Scotty wins. His song is better and he had more energy.

Round 2: Some random person who has no clue who you are picks

3) Scotty – “Check Yes or No”
For reasons known only to George, he picks this song for Scotty. We don’t know if he likes Scotty. We don’t know if he hates Scotty. We don’t know if he thinks Scotty should stay in his lane or stretch. We don’t even know if it is the real George Strait who picked this song. For all we know, Ken and Nigel just contacted some random George Strait who is sick and tired of people calling him up thinking he is the real George Strait so now he just plays pranks on the people who call. Once again we get no intro clip and no judgery. I miss the intro clips.

I feel for Scotty. You kind of expect to lose your luggage once in a while when you fly commercial, but you’d expect them to do better when it’s a private jet. Poor kid has been wearing the same shirt for two weeks now. Every where he goes, same shirt. And for this leg of the race, he obviously only got $1 because he can’t afford to buy something new. I bet his Mom helps him rinse it out every night and hang it in the bathtub to dry. Whatever, I’m not flying Idol Air because they don’t ever find your luggage once they lose it. Or maybe they sent it by bus. I think I hear one coming.

Isn’t this the same song he sang last week, but not quite as good? It’s like a slightly stupider, more childish and drearier version of that song Jimmy picked for Scotty last week. I know George is King, but I don’t think he watches the show or he’d know how redundant this song choice really is. Although it fits the theme of Scotty’s recycled shirt.

Scotty makes a game effort of it and Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew is there to help out (Nigel’s VPN kindly stands next to Scotty so that sometimes Scotty is in the frame while the camera man is filming Nigel’s VPN). It’s a fine song if not all that special (7/10)

4) Lauren – “Maybe it Was Memphis”

At first, I thought that Lauren’s vocal chords had packed it in and Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew was going to give us a brief musical interlude while the Quack in Black operated on her some more in the back room. But, no, suddenly Lauren is there too looking like an escapee from a music box. This is another unspectacular choice and we don’t know why Carrie picked it. Maybe Carrie is tired of Nigel phoning her too. (7/10)

The judges blather some nonsense and pretend they are Simon

Round 2: Tie. Nothing special. No trainwrecks. Meh songs.

Round 3: Songs Jimmy picked that are nowhere as good as the songs Jimmy picked last week. Did Jimmy get help last week? If so, maybe whoever helped Jimmy should be the big music exec. Just sayin’

5) Scotty: I Love You this Big because this is Big and Jimmy is Big And I can’t say No Because I’d be in Big Trouble

Jimmy uses the word “Big” about 20 times when introducing the song. That should have been our first clue. I suspect that Jimmy might have written the song. Don’t quit your day job, Jimmy.

I’m kind of outraged when this song starts. Like look who is hogging the screen? Scotty, that’s who. Just who does he think he is? It takes at least 30 seconds before we get our first full shot of Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew. Sure, we heard him playing away, but we need to see him. He is what this show is all about.

It’s nice that somebody found a suit for the kid to borrow for this number. I think his plaid shirt must have gotten mad and walked away on its own after Steven said it wasn’t as pretty as Lauren’s outfits. Steven can be so cruel. Even Simon would never have been that mean.

Anyway, Jimmy thinks this song will be Big. He seems to be easily swayed by lyrics. You know, this song could probably have been fixed if Mr. Shue had given the writer his Rhyming book and a Thesaurus. The melody isn’t bad. It’s just all the “Bigs” that make it insanely stupid (7/10)

Judges: That was amazeballs, but we’ll change our minds in a few minutes.

6) Lauren – Ode to Stage Mothers aka KLC reject song aka “Like My Mother Does”

Jimmy doesn’t seem to realize that Lauren is a minor and that’s why her Mom is always hanging around. Now, I can kind of see how he might at first think she was a stalker who dresses like her Idol, but must have realized at some point that she was Lauren’s Mom. Anyway, because she’s always around and Jimmy is so literal, he decides that Lauren should sing a song to her. Why not? He doesn’t bother to find her an original song, but that might be a good thing. Sometimes songs are originals because they aren’t very good *cough*Love You This Big*cough.

The song starts and I immediately know that something is amiss. I do not hear the strains of a violin. Instead, there is a mandolin. I spend the entire song worried about Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew. Is he ill? Did he fall off the stage? Is the Quack in Black conducting medical experiments on him. Or did the Evil Mandolin Player stuff him into a tuba case? Should I call 911? Does Nigel Know? This is a disaster.

Despite this, Lauren soldiers on. She is wearing the nicest outfit that she has ever worn. The Department of Workers Safety, having gotten up in Nigel’s grill last week about Haley’s tumble, makes sure that Ryan helps Lauren safely navigate the stairs (just where was he when Scotty was capering up and down the stairs?). Lauren finds her Mom (good thing she had her arm up in the air), gives her a hug without missing a note and gets back on stage to finish her song (7/10)

Judges: More nonsense. Basically, Scotty lost.

Ryan has Scotty come back on stage so that the judges can once again tell him he lost in case he didn’t hear them the first time (maybe because Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew was banging to heavily on the lid of the tuba case trying to get out).

Round 3: Lauren because her song contains more then 4 words

Who won: Nigel’s Violin Playing Nephew, where ever he may be.

Who lost: The Audience (and Scotty’s luggage)"

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   Snidget     05-24-11       
   RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   Snidget     05-24-11     1  
     RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   Snidget     05-24-11     3  
   RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   Belle Book     05-24-11     2  
   They must really be worried about t...   Snidget     05-24-11     4  
     RE: They must really be worried abo...   grit     05-24-11     6  
     RE: They must really be worried abo...   Snidget     05-24-11     7  
   RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   grit     05-24-11     5  
   Intro   Snidget     05-24-11     8  
     RE: Intro   Snidget     05-24-11     9  
   Ryan about the TMZ story   Snidget     05-24-11     10  
     RE: Ryan about the TMZ story   Maroonclown     05-24-11     23  
   3 rounds   Snidget     05-24-11     11  
   Scotty's Choice   Snidget     05-24-11     12  
     RE: Scotty's Choice   Snidget     05-24-11     13  
   Lauren's Choice   Snidget     05-24-11     14  
     RE: Lauren's Choice   Snidget     05-24-11     15  
   Scotty's Idol Pick   Snidget     05-24-11     16  
     RE: Scotty's Idol Pick   Snidget     05-24-11     17  
   Lauren's Idol's Pick   Snidget     05-24-11     18  
     RE: Lauren's Idol's Pick   Snidget     05-24-11     19  
         RE: Lauren's Idol's Pick   Maroonclown     05-24-11     20  
             RE: Lauren's Idol's Pick   Snidget     05-24-11     24  
                 RE: Lauren's Idol's Pick   Maroonclown     05-24-11     31  
             RE: Lauren's Idol's Pick   zazzy     05-24-11     51  
   Judges comments   Snidget     05-24-11     21  
     Taio Cruz   Snidget     05-24-11     22  
         RE: Taio Cruz   zazzy     05-24-11     50  
     RE: Judges comments   CTgirl     05-24-11     33  
         RE: Judges comments   CTgirl     05-24-11     35  
         RE: Judges comments   Maroonclown     05-24-11     43  
   SMURFS....RUN!!!!!   Snidget     05-24-11     25  
     RE: SMURFS....RUN!!!!!   cahaya     05-25-11     53  
   Scotty's Single   Snidget     05-24-11     26  
     RE: Scotty's Single   Snidget     05-24-11     28  
     RE: Scotty's Single   Maroonclown     05-24-11     29  
   Is this a pageant?   zombiebaby     05-24-11     27  
     RE: Is this a pageant?   Maroonclown     05-24-11     30  
   Lauren's Single   Snidget     05-24-11     32  
     RE: Lauren's Single   Maroonclown     05-24-11     34  
     RE: Lauren's Single   Snidget     05-24-11     36  
         RE: Lauren's Single   Snidget     05-24-11     37  
     RE: Lauren's Single   Maroonclown     05-24-11     38  
   Time to kill   Snidget     05-24-11     39  
     RE: Time to kill   Maroonclown     05-24-11     41  
         RE: Time to kill   CTgirl     05-24-11     42  
             RE: Time to kill   Maroonclown     05-24-11     47  
   David Cook   Snidget     05-24-11     40  
     RE: David Cook   CTgirl     05-24-11     44  
         RE: David Cook   Maroonclown     05-24-11     45  
             RE: David Cook   cahaya     05-25-11     54  
                 RE: David Cook   Maroonclown     05-25-11     58  
                     RE: David Cook   CTgirl     05-25-11     63  
   RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   zazzy     05-24-11     46  
     RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   zazzy     05-24-11     49  
   RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   Estee     05-24-11     48  
   RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   cahaya     05-25-11     52  
     RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   zazzy     05-25-11     55  
         RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   CTgirl     05-25-11     56  
             RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   zazzy     05-25-11     57  
                 RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   CTgirl     05-25-11     62  
         RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   cahaya     05-25-11     59  
         RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   Estee     05-25-11     60  
             RE: AI 10 Top 2 Performance ECST   zazzy     05-25-11     61  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •